MMA GSD For October: Where Michael Bisping Still Makes "Toilet Store" Jokes.

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar
Every Wednesday - 10 p.m. on Spike - The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller

10/1 - UFC Live on Versus: Cruz vs. Johnson
10/1 - Bellator 52: Heavyweight Grand Prix Opening Round
10/8 - UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard III/Aldo vs. Florian/Sonnen vs. Stann
10/8 - Bellator 53
10/15 - Bellator 54
10/22 - Bellator 55
10/29 - Bellator 56
10/29 - UFC 137: St. Pierre vs. Condit/Penn vs. Diaz

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy:
  • FOUR titles are on the line this month.
  • Can anyone stop Jon Jones?
  • Rampage Jackson wants to fight Shogun in Japan and then go to boxing. Neither will happen.
  • So far, The Ultimate Fighter has had fights that don't resemble Lentz vs. Winner.
  • Alistair Overeem, Dan Henderson, Maximo Blanco, and Cung Le have all signed with the UFC.
  • Dave Herman is out of UFC 136 due to a failed drug test for Marijuana. Herman has denied use.
  • John-Olav Einemo is back with the UFC!
  • Nick Diaz, according to Meltzer, may have lost $1.7 million for not showing up to the UFC 137 press conference.
  • Vitor Belfort stated he wants the winner of Sonnen vs. Stann. Not happening, sorry.
  • Rousimar Palhares continued his antics at a grappling tournament, forgetting that it was a grappling tournament by throwing strikes on the ground, and not letting go of a submission hold.
  • Rashad Evans keeps ruining Jon Jones' special night :mad:
  • Mark Hunt is 2-1 in the UFC!
  • This has potential to be an amazing month of MMA. A free title fight, and UFC 136 and 137 are stacked, fun cards.

PICTURED: The End of a Douchebag's Career

2.gif

Things are about to get real interesting in the Lightweight Division. It was inevitable, but Gilbert Melendez vs. Jorge Masvidal is off, and Dana's looking to bring Melendez over ASAP.

Chances are, Gilbert will leapfrog the logjam at 155 and fight the winner of Edgar vs. Maynard. He'll be UFC Lightweight Champ by this time next year.

Sucks for Masvidal, but he's really more on the level of guys who are fringe Top 10 fighters at best anyway. A fight against Melendez really wouldn't have done anything for either guy.

Also, Dana confirmed:
  • The UFC is going to be adding Flyweights at the beginning of next year.
  • Fabricio Werdum is also heading back to the UFC.
  • The UFC will be running a card in Japan in February, and a card in Las Vegas the same day. The Japan card will be a free one.

As far as Flyweights go... this should be really interesting. Cruz has cleaned out the division already and guys like Benevidez and Johnson are likely going to drop to 125. Bantamweight is really thin in the first place as is.

Very pleased with the Gilbert Melendez news. He's the best 155er in the World, and if he can rack up 3 big wins in the UFC right off the bat, he should start being considered as the greatest Lightweight of all time.

Is it safe to say at this point that Palhares is MMA/Grappling's equivalent to this man...

gump.jpg

I welcome all the lawlz he brings.

John-Olav Einemo is back with the UFC!

Rousimar Palhares continued his antics at a grappling tournament, forgetting that it was a grappling tournament by throwing strikes on the ground, and not letting go of a submission hold.

I'm so glad to see Einemo back in the UFC, when he got cut after 1 loss that was a Fight of the Night winner I was frickin pissed. Fortunatly all the BS with Golden Glory has been cleared up and we can see that Norweigan beast come back for another battle.

As for Palhares, when he first came to the UFC I hated that he was beating guys I was fans of like Ivan Salaverry and Jeremy Horn but I had alot of respect for him as a fighter and as a brilliant BJJ practicioner. However after UFC 111 when he subbed my boy Tomasz Drwal and continued to hold the sub after the ref called it I hated him. This just goes to show what an idiot he is, I swear if something like that happens once it's bad but if you have a legit excuse then maybe it can be forgiven but frickin twice and he punched a guy in a grappling match, this dude should be at the zoo in the gorilla pit where he belongs.

He doesn't speak English and is obviously "slow." Very slow. You really can't fault him too much for the shit he pulls. It's not deliberate.

But Palhares is so unintentionally funny :(

I know, I really wish that his fight with Miller was the first of his i'd seen because then i'd love watching him :p but after I was done laughing at what a blockhead he is I remembered I'm not supposed to show him anything but contempt. If he gives us another goofy ass fight that's as funny as his last then perhaps i'll forgive him and just enjoy watching him again. :blush:

Just watched the 136 countdown, and it did a few things for me.

1) It made me dislike Frankie more and like Gray more, I was already rooting for Gray but i'm commited to Gray big time now. Gray is hungry as hell and all he's been thinking about since 125 is fighting Frankie Edgar again, and I think that desire and drive will help him bring it home.

2) Kenny Florian not only the one man in UFC history to fight in 4 different weight classes, but also the only man to get his ass kicked like crazy at 4 different weight classes. Jose Aldo will literally kill Kenflo, and he's be a gentleman afterwards.

3)I love Brian Stann and Chael Sonnen so much, and the countdown made choosing one to win even harder, this is going to be one of the hardest fights for me to watch as a fan but good god it's going to be so damn good.

How the fuck could you hate Frankie Edgar? He's everything a fighter should be and one of the nicest guys in the sport.

I don't hate him, I prefer gray. Before 125 i was split on whoi wanted to win. I was very happy when he beat BJ and became the new face of the division, however since right before the second Gray fight I feel like beating BJ twice gave him a big head, mostly its liking Gray more in the way he handled the draw. Frankie is talking about how he was happy with his performance and how hes sick of hearing about Gray Maynard. Gray on the other hand wants this fight with Frankie even more than the last and all he wants is Frankie, he isn't happy with a draw and he wants get get a legitimate win. To me Gray wants it more and is more focused on their fight and i want to see him win more than Frankie.

Both Maynard and Edgar have perhaps the absolute dullest personalities in MMA. I haven't watched the Countdown yet, but that interview at UFC Live this past weekend was just shameful.

That said, Edgar at least has heart and is a tough bastard. That makes me like him over a generic piece of shit like Maynard.

Edgar has heart and will. Always comes to fight and win. Maynard is perhaps the overall most boring person in MMA behind Fitch.

He definitely has heart or he wouldn't have gone the distance at 125, but I don't see the desire for perfection that Gray has. As for Maynard having boring fights, yes he has some good ones and some bad ones but he's nowhere near as boring as Fitch, that guy is the bane of my existence. I want Gray to win because he's so goddamn set on that title and beating Frankie, then I wouldn't mind Clay or Bendo coming in and snagging the title from him.

Machida vs Bones for the title at 140. Radhad's hand must be FUCKED, but I like this fight better anyways.

Sonnen has answered me a few times, just said he wouldn't really want to coach the Ultimate Fighter.

That's that, here's his last comment:

Chael Sonnen: Last word: When you're the best fighter in the world today they have a name for you. They don't call you a great fighter. They damn sure don't call you Anderson Silva. They call you Chael Sonnen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back