MMA December - All We Want For Christmas is Bisping's Two Front Teeth

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Also I created a little jingle for our december thread considering Christmas is coming, enjoy. :blush:

My MMA Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Alistair the juiced up Dutchman, had a very massive figure and if you ever saw it you would even say he's juiced. All of the other fighters used to laugh and call him names, they never let poor Ubereem join in any UFC fights. Then one foggy christmas-ish eve Dana came to say, Alistair with you punches so hard, wont you join my december card. Then all the fighters feared him, as they all decided to flee, Alistair the massive HW everybody's scared of thee.

Calendar

12/3 - TUF 13 Finale: Bisping vs. Miller
12/10 - UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida
12/17 - Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal
12/30 - UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem
12/31 - Dream: New Year 2011 - Featuring Aoki and maybe Fedor

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy:
  • There is going to be a LOT of UFC/Strikeforce cards between now and March.
  • Junior Dos Santos is the Heavyweight Champion and did it with a Torn ACL!
  • Cain Velasquez has a terrible jaw as seen in the JDS KO and he got rocked by Kongo even.
  • Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida was a fun fight that featured Clay doing the best Octagon Breakdancing since Brock Lesnar.
  • Ben Henderson will be your next Lightweight Champion.
  • If you haven't seen Shogun vs. Henderson yet, go watch it because it might have literally been the best fight in UFC History
  • Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis is heavily rumored to be the UFC on Fox 2 Main Event.
  • This means Rashad might not ruin Jones' special night this time :(
  • Chael Sonnen vs. Mark Munoz is rumored for the UFC on Fox 2 card.
  • Chael vs. Arianny is an even funnier rivalry than Chael vs. Anderson.
  • Brittany Palmer has been rehired!
  • Rampage does not like American fans, prefers the Japanese.
  • Chris Leben is suspended for a year due to painkiller addiction. Dammit Chris.
  • Minowaman was so close to signing a UFC Contract :(
  • War Machine TKO'ed Roger Huerta. Huerta is DONE.
  • Wanderlei got a win! He should go out on top but alas will fight again and get KO'ed by Brian Stann or Alan Belcher.
  • James Thompson spits the real.
  • TIM SYLVIA VS BRETT ROGERS AT DREAM YEAR END 2011.

2501rm0.gif

I loved when Page said he fights better for the Japanese fans. Thank god, now we know why he's been so lackluster lately. He only fights for Japanese fans.

Eliot Marshall has been released from the UFC following his loss to Brandon Vera at UFC 137, bit of a delayed announcement there. I honestly don't care though, I didn't hate him but the guy really never struck me as interesting in any way.

So aside from us all wanting Mayhem to beat Bisping, what do you guys actually see happening in the fight?

Two rounds of Bisping dancing around and jabbing. Third round comes and Mayhem gets a takedown , gets his back and RNC's him for the win.

If I was a rational person, I'd pick Bisping- beaten better fighters, hasn't had 1 year long break, much more proven fighter. But, my heart says Mayhem so I'll say Mayhem shokes him out.

Bisping could very well jab Mayhem in route to a decision, but I hope Mayhem gets the submission win.

If washed-up Wandy could catch Bisping, then Mayhem should easily be able to. Mayhem's athleticism and grappling is highly underrated.

Also, for those who haven't heard, Chael apparently denied the fight with Munoz and said something to the affect of, "Let's see what happens this weekend." Could this possibly mean Chael vs. the winner of Bisping/Mayhem for the #1 Contendership? I sure as fuck hope so.

Sonnen fighting the winner of Bisping/Miller is way more fucking interesting than him fighting Munoz. I see Sonnen rag dolling all three so who cares really but it's cool that Chael vs Munoz wasn't set in stone.

Henderson will beat Edgar, I agree with that for sure. Henderson vs Melendez is the fight I want to see the most in the lightweight division and I think there's an awesome chance of it happening in 2012.

Sonnen fighting the winner of Bisping/Miller is way more fucking interesting than him fighting Munoz. I see Sonnen rag dolling all three so who cares really but it's cool that Chael vs Munoz wasn't set in stone.

Henderson will beat Edgar, I agree with that for sure. Henderson vs Melendez is the fight I want to see the most in the lightweight division and I think there's an awesome chance of it happening in 2012.

No he won't, Edgar is too quick and has too good of footwork to let Henderson get the better of him. Great fight though.

Santa Coker has given us a helluva Christmas Present.

Rockhold vs. Jardine for the Strikeforce Middleweight Title in January. I am going to be rooting hard for The Dean of Mean even though he's going to get murdered. Could you imagine if we got an Anderson Silva vs. Keith Jardine Title Unification fight?!?!?!?!?

You know that I am pumped as fuck to see that fight, and yeah he'll probably be beat to shit but ive been a Jardine fan since TUF so I am way behind that man. JARDINE! Title unification bout with Anderson....don't make me think about another Jardine loss.

No he won't, Edgar is too quick and has too good of footwork to let Henderson get the better of him. Great fight though.

Too quick? Henderson is fast as fuck. Edgar has better footwork but Maynard managed to not just tag but rock Frankie multiple times in their last two fights. Benson's striking is better than Maynard's and I guarantee he can deal with Edgar's footwork and pitter patter boxing better as well. Henderson is stronger than Frankie and even if he doesn't have the takedowns that Maynard has (they're still pretty close I think) he has awesome clinch work against the cage. He can definitely stifle Frankie against the cage. Edgar's cardio is obviously top notch but so is Benson's and like I said if he can hold him against the cage for some time each round and make Edgar carry his weight he will slow him down enough to where he will have more left in the tank.

The only thing Edgar has on Benson is footwork and his weak (strength wise) in and out boxing style. Finishing one opponent with strikes in more than four years isn't enough to convince me that he has the power to put Henderson down. Smooth though DOES have the power and better submissions/grappling which give him a better chance at finishing. Like I said, if Maynard can get Edgar on the verge of being finished than Benson can. And the difference is Henderson finishes.

Too quick? Henderson is fast as fuck. Edgar has better footwork but Maynard managed to not just tag but rock Frankie multiple times in their last two fights. Benson's striking is better than Maynard's and I guarantee he can deal with Edgar's footwork and pitter patter boxing better as well. Henderson is stronger than Frankie and even if he doesn't have the takedowns that Maynard has (they're still pretty close I think) he has awesome clinch work against the cage. He can definitely stifle Frankie against the cage. Edgar's cardio is obviously top notch but so is Benson's and like I said if he can hold him against the cage for some time each round and make Edgar carry his weight he will slow him down enough to where he will have more left in the tank.

The only thing Edgar has on Benson is footwork and his weak (strength wise) in and out boxing style. Finishing one opponent with strikes in more than four years isn't enough to convince me that he has the power to put Henderson down. Smooth though DOES have the power and better submissions/grappling which give him a better chance at finishing. Like I said, if Maynard can get Edgar on the verge of being finished than Benson can. And the difference is Henderson finishes.

Henderson is quick but nowhere near as quick as Edgar, particularly in their footwork. Maynard tagged Edgar once in each fight and was only able to land shots afterwards while Frankie was still dazed and apart from swaying once on each fight Maynard couldn't get barely any striking offence in. Henderson will win the fight by clinch and cage work but even still Edgar defensive grappling and ability to scramble will cause Bendo some serious problems. Edgar is by far the best wrestler Henderson has ever faced.

Edgar is a decision boxer but Henderson hasn't shown a propensity to truly hurt guys on the feet. And I don't consider their to be a significant disparity in Maynard's and Smooth's striking, just Henderson is a little more roundead in that department. Edgar is defensively too good and too active for Henderson to be the favourite IMO.

Didn't Chael say that he would fight anyone that Dana White put in front of him time and time again? He also said that he didn't like when people backed out of fights. Trust me, I'm a huge Chael fan, but him backing out of the fight with Munoz is kind of really going against his own word. Whatever, Chael vs. Miller would be fun, and Chael vs. Bisping would probably have the greatest buildup to a fight in UFC history.

Also, when did Jardine move down to 185? I thought he was still at 205. Him winning the title would be great, but very unlikely, but remember he did beat Liddell and Griffin, so I wouldn't count him out here against Rockhold.

I hope Miller puts his head through the ground.

I understand why you want this to happen but i got to support my fellow Englishman and i met him not too long ago over here he is a really nice guy. Sounds like Bisping's a good heel too.

Bisping is just a cunt. I wouldn't even consider him a good heel, because he isn't entertaining at all. Just a douche bag. Say what you will about Kos, Diaz, Brock, or Chael but at least they have personality.

Bisping is just a cunt. I wouldn't even consider him a good heel, because he isn't entertaining at all. Just a douche bag. Say what you will about Kos, Diaz, Brock, or Chael but at least they have personality.

Agreed, all those names you mentioned are guys who play the heel role brilliantly, Bisping just comes off as a straight up douchebag. If that's what he's going for then he's brilliant, he can continue to do it til Mayhem chokes him out tonight. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back