**Merged** Cena & Rock Discussion - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Do you support The Rock or John Cena?

• The Rock

• John Cena

• The Miz!!!!!

• I'm just going to enjoy the show

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't even remember half of what Cena said, but the point was that he basically wanted the Rock to show up more often if he was gonna talk trash, and stuff.

So... this thread's title is a little misleading but its more about every single insult John Cena throws at people... they always seem to be about a gay a joke or *********ion. I don't find it funny, I think its really sad and stupid. Its like a 10 year old child going "You're gay, You're gay" or going "Ewww you touch yourself."

So, The Rock tells John Cena he will bring it to him, and John Cena replies by saying... "You beat yourself"?

Does anyone else think that Cena addressing the Rock should be at ALL more serious...?

I'm in total agreement with you. If the wrestler doesn't take it seriously, then why should we? While The Rock makes fun of people in his promos, he more often than not is completely serious in those promos. Cena tonight was all, "Ha Ha Ha, The Rock's mad at me. That's okay. He's not here." It would have been better if Cena had said, "Rock, you want to kick my ass, then show up next week and do it. I'll be waiting."

The I Bring It Via Satellite t-shirt was amazing. I'm trying to not make this into some sort of one-on-one, grade-as-they-go type of thing.

I just think The Rock is a funnier guy. He's more entertaining. He appeals to anyone and everyone, and I don't think Cena's brand of humor does. He's cheesy, his delivery is too much, etc. I prefer The Rock, always have, always will.

But that t-shirt was amazing. And in part, it's true. It's hard for me to care too much when The Rock doesn't show up. Then again, I thought he was funnier from his house than Cena has been in the ring.

Rock needs to show up. However, Cena isn't taking a really big hit on this. He took some shit from the crowd this evening, but nothing terrible. From anti-Cena crowds--I've seen worse.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has posted the following on his Twitter account:
"Wow, can The People's Champ and The Millions recover from that devastating Dr. Seuss 'final KO blow'?. Cena = hot shaved Barney anus garbage."

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol: There is only one rock. Now I believe since miz mentioned his family, rock's next week LIVE appearence is almost gaurenteed. And as I said, having cena or the miz in this case going at against rock on the mic is very dangerous. Rock will kill them both, verbally without breaking sweat. Just make them have a serious conversation(If a promo with the two is needed). Some people may say "Cena can go against rock if they allowed him to rap", but believe in the ring, live, face to face promo with rock is a whole different story.

I feel a little bad for Cena, he just can't keep up with the Rock.

When Cena did his first rap I was getting really excited but after the Rock absolutely lit up Cena last week I feel Cena's promo this week fell really flat (I did however like his Live Via Sattelite T-Shirt). I don't want to knock Cena too much because not too many can hang with the Rock and I feel Cena is finding that out right now. The Rock gave 2 very charged promos that were completely different, it almost seems like Cena used up all his material the 1st time and just keeps rehashing the same stuff.

If this feud is going to work they need to have Cena up his game while going against the Rock or they have to do something else because after last night, I lost a lot of interest in the Rock/Cena feud.

I didn't think The Rock's promo last week was that great. The one thing The Rock's promo last week had over Cena's promo this week was intensity. Cena came out all smiles and giggles talking about bologna, fudge, and mustard to crickets and boos. The Rock showed actual passion and intensity in his promo. I will give Cena credit for his rhymes and his Via Satellite t-shirt. I don't even disagree with what Cena has to say, from a kayfabe point a view.

Cena may not be able to match The Rock's intensity, but I think he could if he toned down the cuteness and raised up the attitude. Basically, Cena cuts great promos when he is pissed and horrible promos when he is happy.

I didn't think The Rock's promo last week was that great. The one thing The Rock's promo last week had over Cena's promo this week was intensity. Cena came out all smiles and giggles talking about bologna, fudge, and mustard to crickets and boos. The Rock showed actual passion and intensity in his promo. I will give Cena credit for his rhymes and his Via Satellite t-shirt. I don't even disagree with what Cena has to say, from a kayfabe point a view.

Cena may not be able to match The Rock's intensity, but I think he could if he toned down the cuteness and raised up the attitude. Basically, Cena cuts great promos when he is pissed and horrible promos when he is happy.
I actually thought Cena did what was supposed to be done.

If he came out all intense, then it would show that he actually takes The Rock seriously.

He's not supposed to be taking the Rock seriously because the Rock isn't there.

I don't know about you but I think it will be really interesting seeing who's sold the most merchandise between the Rock and Cena since the Rock's been back. That way we can see if he truly is one of the biggest superstars if he can beat out one of the biggest superstars of all time.

I don't know about you but I think it will be really interesting seeing who's sold the most merchandise between the Rock and Cena since the Rock's been back. That way we can see if he truly is one of the biggest superstars if he can beat out one of the biggest superstars of all time.

Cena out selling The Rock in merchandise wouldn't prove if he is the biggest superstar cause we are in the Era of Cena so he should out sale Rock automatically. The Rock is just back part time to help bring in views for Mania, its not like he is there full time & Cena is losing his spot or something. Cena is the #1 guy in the company & Rock coming back part time dosen't change that.

There is no doubt that the showdown between The Rock and Cena will be huge, One of the biggest icons of the WWE 10 years ago face-to-face in the ring with the icon of todays wrestling John Cena..

I think we'll get a lot of mixed reactions from the crowds, mostly positive ones for Rocky is what i'm guessing.. Do you guys think this will be a huge showdown?

Also what I would like to ask was, if this doesn't give you goosebumps, what has done in the past?

A few I would like to mention, HBK/Bret Hart last year Jan 4th on Raw, it had been nearly 13 years since we saw these 2 in the ring together and it all ended with a hug,
another of mine would be from 2005 when it was Hogan and HBK going at it, the crowd was awesome IMO..
and before this would have to be 2002 The Rock/ Hogan, this was just CRAZZYYY!!!! The crowd was just NUTS throughout. and the staredown IMO has to be THE BEST EVER!!

Are there anymore you would like to mention? Feel free! :)

As I have stated in other threads - I do not think this showdown will be held til Mania as it is the reason to buy the show (HHH-Taker a close second). Using it on Raw would be shooting a load early - unless!!! they plan to make the WWE Title match a three way W/ The Rock.

Rock-Y2J when Y2J debuted was pretty epic, maybe it didnt have the build up but the promos cut were awesome

Well, first off anytime the Undertaker and Kane had a staredown, and Kane looked like he seen a ghost, it's spine-chilling! Not being biased, bbut the rock has had quite a few too.

- Hogan (2002)
- Austin (1999-2003)
- i think he had one with Brock (2002)

Oh, how could i forget Sting vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan in '97! Sure, the match at Starrcade sucked, but the buildup, hype, Sting's return, all made up for it.

the wuns here mentioned are definitely classic moments. Rocks staredown with hogan, every staredown he and austin have had...The old staredowns between Taker and Kane back when Kane first debuted...none of which have been within the last 8yrs i might add lolz

Definitely reminds of Rock/Hogan, which also, as an interesting fact, took place in Chicago just like RAW will be this week. I'm sure the Chicago crowd will mostly be anti-Cena but on TV it'll still come across somewhat mixed. I stopped going to the last few WWE events after they were nothing special, but I wish I had snagged a ticket for this RAW.

I see this showdown being another dissapointment. Since The Rock came back everytime he says some comment its written in riddles. The Rock said what 2 weeks ago he going to have a sit down with Cena, what was that sitdown with a little kid wearing Cena gear. If they both show up and come out to the ring they are going to do something stupid like have an arm wrestling contest or hell a pie eating contest. Yes the fans will love seeing them both in the ring but doubt anything of any meaning will happen.

Without question, this will be the biggest staredown since Hogan/Rock in 2002.
There have been some other great staredowns since then, but none featured this type of star power --- The Rock OWNED the Attitude Era; John Cena OWNS the current era. This is the first time they will meet face-to-face in a WWE ring. It is the same set-up of that epic staredown between Hogan/Rock.

A few notes:

The Hogan/Rock staredown took place at The All-State Arena in Chicago ... which is where Raw is being held on Monday. (Also the same location as Jericho's debut where he had the staredown with The Rock ...)

The crowd WILL be pro-Rock. Chicago has a tendency to boo Cena out of the building. Notable examples include the 2006 Hall of Fame ceremony where the live crowd started booing EVERY TIME John Cena was shown on camera...What can we say? We're a cynical crowd in Chicago.

If RAW DOESNT feature a Rock/Cena showdown, then the fans will shit all over the show. A lot of people are buying tickets ONLY to see Cena/Rock. My guess is that we probably see the two hash out their problems and shake hands in the ring ... then The Miz will come out, chaos will ensure and Miz will push Cena into The Rock, causing The Rock's glasses to fall off. The Rock takes exception and lays out Cena. The show goes off the air, leaving us wondering what The Rock will do at WrestleMania.

I'm truly over the whole Rock/Cena buzz.. Boring to me now after a month or so of via satellite promos and terrible raps.

I'll watch to see what happens, but I guarantee it won't live up to the hype

Anyone that says that they wont be excited when Cena and The Rock are in the same ring together are liars; The buzz that will be going through the arena when they first lock eyes, is going to be beyond incredible.

Anyways i would have to say the last time i was this excited for a raw showdown would be back when triple h and shawn michaels were battling each other in 2002, ive never been more engrossed into a fued.

Without question, this will be the biggest staredown since Hogan/Rock in 2002.
There have been some other great staredowns since then, but none featured this type of star power --- The Rock OWNED the Attitude Era; John Cena OWNS the current era. This is the first time they will meet face-to-face in a WWE ring. It is the same set-up of that epic staredown between Hogan/Rock.

A few notes:

The Hogan/Rock staredown took place at The All-State Arena in Chicago ... which is where Raw is being held on Monday. (Also the same location as Jericho's debut where he had the staredown with The Rock ...)

The crowd WILL be pro-Rock. Chicago has a tendency to boo Cena out of the building. Notable examples include the 2006 Hall of Fame ceremony where the live crowd started booing EVERY TIME John Cena was shown on camera...What can we say? We're a cynical crowd in Chicago.

If RAW DOESNT feature a Rock/Cena showdown, then the fans will shit all over the show. A lot of people are buying tickets ONLY to see Cena/Rock. My guess is that we probably see the two hash out their problems and shake hands in the ring ... then The Miz will come out, chaos will ensure and Miz will push Cena into The Rock, causing The Rock's glasses to fall off. The Rock takes exception and lays out Cena. The show goes off the air, leaving us wondering what The Rock will do at WrestleMania.

Austin "OWNED" the attitude era. The attitude era began when the Rock was a heel in the nation of domination. Rock was in fueds with Mankind. Austin was fueding AGAINST VINCE. I absolutely LOATHE when Rock fans think the Rock was the attitude era. And this showdown is nothing compared to Hogan/Rock. Deep down most of the male adult fans do not want to see Cena anymore and the love we show the Rock should show Vince we are sick of cena.

I'm gonna hate it when Rock finally agrees to a match with Cena, as then he'll be sure to lose. They'll treat it as a "passing of the torch" like when Hogan jobbed to Rock at Wrestlemania 18. Cena gets the pinfall, Rock shakes his hand, they both celebrate.

The one key difference here being - Cena isn't nearly as popular as Rock or Hogan. Cena gets booed ALOT, his movies tank and when he retires, no one's gonna be knocking on his door to come back. He's top guy by default.

I don't care if Rock does eventually shake his hand, Cena is still a rainbow coloured merchandise billboard douchebag who thinks rap is cool (spoiler - it's not) and hasn't put on a decent match the entire time he's been there. The sooner history swallows him up and spits him out, the better off we'll be.

I think a couple of the most epic showdowns were rock hogan and bret and shawn mainly because they were once in a lifetime moments. The novelty of these two is going down with all the back and forths already going on... with the other two moments they never spoke to each other prior and so when they got in the ring together it was epic... I agree with estreet it probably won't happen till mania since that is the whole selling point unless they plan on putting Rock in the match. I think a couple weak promos have hurt this "feud" too since the last couple between cena and rock have been nothing near their first promos. Another thing bothering me about this whole rock cena thing is i get this feeling like it'll be like tyson at WM14 where he really was in the good guy's side. I feel like come mania rock will end up helping cena win the title.

I'm truly over the whole Rock/Cena buzz.. Boring to me now after a month or so of via satellite promos and terrible raps.

I'll watch to see what happens, but I guarantee it won't live up to the hype

I agree 100%. Rock returned about 6 or 7 weeks ago and hasn't even shown back up live. He just says what he wants us to hear. I also agree with Orton that Cena is a better performer and will outshine the Rock, who has stuff written for him.

Austin "OWNED" the attitude era. The attitude era began when the Rock was a heel in the nation of domination. Rock was in fueds with Mankind. Austin was fueding AGAINST VINCE. I absolutely LOATHE when Rock fans think the Rock was the attitude era. And this showdown is nothing compared to Hogan/Rock. Deep down most of the male adult fans do not want to see Cena anymore and the love we show the Rock should show Vince we are sick of cena.

Austin was a HUGE part of the attitude era, but he didn't own it. The greatest part about that time is all the main eventers elevated each other week after week. SCSA and The Rock face to face were some of the greatest encounters ive seen.
This stuff with Rock and Cena is gonna be epic and the roof might just fly off

I'm gonna hate it when Rock finally agrees to a match with Cena, as then he'll be sure to lose. They'll treat it as a "passing of the torch" like when Hogan jobbed to Rock at Wrestlemania 18. Cena gets the pinfall, Rock shakes his hand, they both celebrate.

The one key difference here being - Cena isn't nearly as popular as Rock or Hogan. Cena gets booed ALOT, his movies tank and when he retires, no one's gonna be knocking on his door to come back. He's top guy by default.

I don't care if Rock does eventually shake his hand, Cena is still a rainbow coloured merchandise billboard douchebag who thinks rap is cool (spoiler - it's not) and hasn't put on a decent match the entire time he's been there. The sooner history swallows him up and spits him out, the better off we'll be.

Now I'm not a fan of Cena, but I'm not a hater either, but your statement about him being the top guy by default is spot on man. Be careful, you're gonna have a lot of cena cock hoppers ranking on you for that one. I really believe that had Angle and Lesnar(more so angle) stayed, Cena would still be fetching the US title and anyone who believes otherwise is purely delusional.

But to the topic at hand....

This will indeed be a moment of "epicness" (default "epicness", but "epicness" none the less). I don't' see it being no where near the caliber of Hogan and Rock as everyone, children and adults alike, loved these two. Where as the evidence is plain as day, Rock is the one with most of the Cheers.

If the two meet up in a match, the Rock should not lose. Not only does the majority feel that Cena doesn't deserve the torch( debatable I suppose) but the Rock losing just proves that WWE will never compromise their golden boy, which people are tired of to begin with. It will be an exciting event no doubt about it if these two meet up, but the outcome must be planned careful. A Rock loss could impact both the WWE and the Rock.

Sorry Orton, but the Rock will own Cena on Monday. I'm pretty sure Orton was drunk when he had that interview.

But to the thread at hand I'm looking forward to their confrontation on Monday, its hard not to be excited for 2 of the WWE's biggest stars going face to face. All in all I think the Rock will outshine Cena in every way possible like he has been doing since he got back. Not a knock against Cena I think he's pretty great but the thing is he hasn't had the competition that the Rock has and I think thats very important to have. Sure he's had HHH and Shawn Michaels helping him out but the Rock had that and a whole lot more. I think its important to have people that can constantly elevate your game and I don't think Cena has had that opportunity for the most part.

The Rock had HHH, Austin, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Hulk Hogan helping him out and helping him elevate his game and Cena doesn't have that.

Like I said I'm looking forward to it, it will be a big deal and a big moment but it might not be a good idea having someone against Cena who can tear him to shreds and expose every weakness Cena has. It will be a good watch for sure but I hope it ultimately leads to something good.

I just found it funny how Orton said that Cena is better on the mic and 10x better in the ring than the Rock was. Rocky has had some of his stuff written sure, but he also came up with much of it on his own. He is saying Cena > the Rock in every way. I personally disagree with that big time, but it's his opinion.

As for this showdown I've gotten a little tired of it. Maybe being in the ring at the same time will hype this up more for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back