• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4/12 TNA ReAction + Impact LD Hopefully simulated cum-free Tonight

That chair shot by Hogan looked weak. Though it is Hogan so that weak hit was actually more like Albert Pujols going yard.

Rep going out for everyone who partook in the LD this week, by the way, if I haven't already sent ya some.

LOL @ Flair getting out of the wheelchair. Saw it comin' a mile away, but well done!

See KB? Classic booking. Flair finally ends the "injury" angle, and the thump Wolfe now. Hardy run in in two minutes. Faces take all the momentum into Lockdown.

How the hell are you not getting the fact that they are playing a big part in the entire reason the match is going on? Have you missed the 90000 promos declaring thier match to be the deciding factor in who controls the company?

Again: RVD/Hardy > Flair and Hogan by about 1000% at this point in drawing power, interest level if done right and everything else. Hogan and Flair have tanked the ratings time after time. They get the two big signings and they take a backseat to Hogan and Flair again. It's so stupid I can't fathom it. My point isn't that Flair and Hogan haven't been on TV etc. It's that they shouldn't be. Might not have made that anywhere near as clear as I should.

Lethal Lockdown will be the Mainevent, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but right now, I think it will be. And you want to just make RVD or Hardy the team captain despite the fact that it wouldn't make sense? It's entire purpose would be for ratings mot logical booking so you'd rather have it that way
?

I think they're going for the "big" moment with Pope winning the title which is another rant entirely.

Why should they dominate? I missed reading that in the thread.

Not sure who you mean.

See KB? Classic booking. Flair finally ends the "injury" angle, and the thump Wolfe now. Hardy run in in two minutes. Faces take all the momentum into Lockdown.

...or not. Hey, ya can't get 'em all right, but the angle still makes sense even as is. Power is all with the heels and makes the match seem insurmountable for the faces.

Yep and I'm fine with it. Still think they could have done more but this was fine. Still think Flair and Hogan need to be thrown out the door if they want to move forward though.

Edit: hadn't seen it at this point.

I thought this was a pretty good show. better than last week. And I really liked ReAction, though I definitely agree that it's too much recaps, unless they get rid of the Thursday replay.

Yep and I'm fine with it. Still think they could have done more but this was fine. Still think Flair and Hogan need to be thrown out the door if they want to move forward though.

Edit: hadn't seen it at this point.

I think they'll actually fade out eventually. The idea really is to use them to gain the notoriety and have them involved in angles for the rub. Makes sense on paper, I just hope that they can learn to step out of the main event spotlight sooner or later.

So apparently me complaining all night is worth almost as much rep as I've gotten for the Tournament. There's something funny there.

Ok, so here's the thing: believe it or not, TNA is something I want to succeed in the worst way. The main reason I complain is I see FAR too many flaws in it that are going to prevent it from ever meaning anything or even coming close to hurting WWE. I want them to succeed so WWE and Vince have some competition because it makes Vince think harder more times than just around Mania. When I see cheap plays like flat out reusing Attitude Era angles and things that make your head itch (like Jesse Neal instead of Eric Young. Seriously, they went with the two matches at Lockdown out of that 6 man. There is zero logic behind Neal being in there and it makes things more confusing than they should be.) As for bitching about the Lethal Lockdown match, Hogan and Flair continue to be the main cause (aside from Russo) of why this company is a joke by comparison. They'll be the ones getting their names mentioned (as in the winner is Team Flair or Team Hogan) and they'll get the credit for the win over the guys that actually do the wrestling. They have RVD and Jeff Hardy. People FREAKED when they showed up for the first time, and they're just some of the boys in this match. yes they're in a big match, but they should be having big time feuds and matches right off the bat. TNA should be focusing on them rather than Abyss and Hogan and Flair. You can use the argument that Hogan and Flair are bigger deals, but at this stage in their careers, they simply can't be the focal point of a successful company anymore. The ranting and complaining isn't so much bitching as it is frustration. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Wow, just started watching Raw. The first 5 minutes are so fucking goofily-bad that I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

I think they'll actually fade out eventually. The idea really is to use them to gain the notoriety and have them involved in angles for the rub. Makes sense on paper, I just hope that they can learn to step out of the main event spotlight sooner or later.

And that's just it. That was the plan in WCW and Hogan would not go away. Flair....different story back then as the WCW fans worshipped that man. If you don't believe me when I say Hogan wouldn't go away, I point to 1/4/99. Hogan getting the title back I believe three months after Goldberg beat him was a joke. Same with Starrcade 97 which until the day I die I will say was the lethal blow to WCW. Hogan had ZERO business looking like anything less than a coward in that match but he made himself look great. WCW is crippled as a result.

Which is exactly what they needed it to do. It was booked very well, IMO. Every match had a spotlight on it, no matter how insignificant.

I understand TNA needs to build this match but what about Anderson V.S Angle & AJ V.S Pope I almost forgot those match's even existed.

That's true. Again, they have their schizophrenic TV show. One of their major problems is having a balance on their shows. TOnight was all about one match and they threw in 2-3 more. AJ vs. Pope has gotten very little build as tonight was by far the most interaction they've had in about a month. That's not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back