• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! & ReAction LD for 11.18.10

If the best moment is a woman that cannot even stand up well saying non-pg comments how is that a good thing? Piper's promo was good but the rest of the segment did nothing for me. I liked the sexual chocolate theme and then I saw henry "wrestle" horribly. Cheap nostalgia pops followed by the usual crap like IDR said.

WWE is more about the T&A, where as TNA is more about the athleticism, even if some of the girls aren't that athletic. But the TNA side tends to send the girls into more heavy and hardcore matches. I miss that on WWE side. But the only thing I find un-appealing on both sides is that both companies sometimes tend to drop the ball and run with a girl's story for a week and forget it, or they will blatantly 'bite' another one's gimmick...ahem...Lay-Cool ripping off The Beautiful People.

Or how Tara is now a cougar like, I don't know, VICKIE GUERRERO. Both companies blatantly use other ideas. We know this and we need to accept it. Shit happens.

What I'm saying though is that quite honestly, female hardcore matches just like male hardcore matches suck. They show nothing in terms of skill and are basically punching and kicking and throwing people into stuff. You can only do that so often. What you can do though is showcase people with athletic ability. Unfortunately for WWE, Eve took a backseat already when she is an incredibly athletic specimen that is doing stuff that Lita dreamed of doing. Yea, I said it. Eve has taken it to the next level, but because she's not the first to be a female high flyer, no one seems to care. Bad timing I guess. I think if you got Eve in 2003, she would have been a HUGE star.

The companies borrowing from each other is A-OK with me. That's something WCW and WWF did for years. Nothing wrong with it. It works. There's a lot of cross-over fans in wrestling, so having the pseudo references is fun and light hearted jabbing at the competition.

No problem with stealing but I think it is dumb when people say laycool is better than TBP. McCool sucks at that gimmick, am I the only one that sees this? Plus, it suffers from pgification. I think an edgier cougar gimmick has a lot more potential than what they had vickie doing.

From what I saw of them, LayCool were just annoying to me. That's what I didn't like about them, not that they were an obvious BP rip-off.

I hate the Brit's voice, and the other is really no better.

Someone really needs to buy Gen Me some fuckin' boots. Seeing them come out in friggin' sneakers every week is ridiculous. LOL.

Yeah...what they need to do most of all is just try to elevate the women. Give them a little more credit. Make sure they find the girls that are actual athletes and NOT models trying to be athletes. I'm not wanting to have the attitude era redux. Even if they were to throw in some more matches for women like a hardcore or even falls count anywhere or something thrown in. Start something small, and the creative might be suprised with the reaction they get.

Yeah...what they need to do most of all is just try to elevate the women. Give them a little more credit. Make sure they find the girls that are actual athletes and NOT models trying to be athletes. I'm not wanting to have the attitude era redux. Even if they were to throw in some more matches for women like a hardcore or even falls count anywhere or something thrown in. Start something small, and the creative might be suprised with the reaction they get.

Just give the good ones time to work in a non gimmick match. The simpler the better. I'd say the same thing for both companies. If you put two women who can work out there, you might be surprised with what you get. It might bury other women, but take a couple that are solid, build one solid story, and give us a 15-20 minute payoff match. Simple and effective. I guarantee you that even people who don't care for women's wrestling would find that this could be at least fun to watch. Hell, I'd rather watch a women's match than an Abyss match......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back