• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4/12 TNA ReAction + Impact LD Hopefully simulated cum-free Tonight

Talking about how you said it's not as grim as it seems. That's true. It's worse.

And no, it wasn't mostly postitive feedback. It was a shock show with some legit shocking surprises. The show itself from a content perspecitive had ONE good match. TNA is in real trouble if they don't make some major changes.

I don't really agree. I think you make things out to be much more grim than they really are. I thought the Band/3D match was fine and well seeing as it set up for Nash/Young and put over Young as the babyface.

Hardy/Storm was a great match with the fireball spot really helping to fuel the fire (all pun intended) between Team(s) Hogan/Flair heading into Lockdown.

Kaz v. Moore made for a good X Division match and Morgan is being built up as a top heel (which well set up nicely when Hernandez comes back to battle him in a grudge match), even if it came at the cost of burying the Guns for no reason before the PPV.

Fine and good, but there comes a point where a glimmer of hope is needed.

I agree, which is why I thought Hardy would come out for the save at the end seeing as they noted that he wasn't seriously hurt, but the angle still works well, IMO.

Because the idea is to make Team Hogan look as weak as possible, man. It's standard booking. Team Flair looks to be in total control and have systematically delivered blow-after-blow to Team Hogan over the last three weeks plus. They've injured both RVD and Hardy, and Flair quite obviously hit Abyss with the car earlier. The idea is to make Team Hogan look as though they can't possible stand in the match so as to make their victory all the more powerful considering it was "against all odds" (no pun intended).

and im fine with that.but having a whole show be based off team flair injuring team hogan leaves the rest of the lock down card in the dark.

Best angle on the show by far. However, they'll put on great matches and cool angles and never move up the roster. They'll be the guys that get the crowd going and that's it, as Hogan and Flair and company have to be the main focus of the show.

Honeslty, how much would you bitch if you saw Shannon Moore or amazing red winning the world title? I think must of the current X division guys WILL move up and win a global title down the line. I kind of gave up on the X divison for now and watch ROH when I need to watch those kind of matches. With that said, the X division angle is a bright star on a rather black night

I don't really agree. I think you make things out to be much more grim than they really are. I thought the Band/3D match was fine and well seeing as it set up for Nash/Young and put over Young as the babyface.

While idiotic to not have Young in the 6 man, that came off ok I thought. It set up the matches well, although Bubba needs to die still. However, two things:

1. Young more or less has to win as this seems to be the end of the feud.

2. Instead of four old guys having a PPV match, why not two old and two younger guys where the younger guys get PPV time and experience?

Hardy/Storm was a great match with the fireball spot really helping to fuel the fire (all pun intended) between Team(s) Hogan/Flair heading into Lockdown.

Which they did all night. And most of last week. Also, let's say the faces win. It makes the heels look fairly weak. Even with the heels being at a huge advantage they can't beat them?

Kaz v. Moore made for a good X Division match

Yes. The Williams angle is by far the best on the show at the moment.

Morgan is being built up as a top heel

Could do without the MCMG losing their title shot in a throwaway match but true.

I agree, which is why I thought Hardy would come out for the save at the end seeing as they noted that he wasn't seriously hurt, but the angle still works well, IMO.

Again: Hardy or RVD could look like the big time savior but they don't. Just think they're being completely misused.

and im fine with that.but having a whole show be based off team flair injuring team hogan leaves the rest of the lock down card in the dark.

Did you even watch tonight, man? How can you say that?

They followed up on every match at Lockdown directly sans Anderson/Angle which was worked through video promotion since they had their ladder match last week.

• A.J. Styles vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero for the TNA World Title

Covered in the main event.

• Team Hogan: Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, Rob Van Dam, and Jeff Hardy vs. Team Flair: Sting, Desmond Wolfe, James Storm, and Robert Roode in a Lethal Lockdown match

Covered throughout the show.

• Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson

Video package

• Doug Williams vs. Shannon Moore vs. Kazarian in a Triple Threat match for the X Division Title

Covered in a draw match between Moore & Kaz to set up the three-way

• Team 3D vs Scott Hall and Syxx-Pac

Covered in the street fight

• Kevin Nash vs Eric Young

Covered in the street fight run-in save by EY.

Honeslty, how much would you bitch if you saw Shannon Moore or amazing red winning the world title? I think must of the current X division guys WILL move up and win a global title down the line. I kind of gave up on the X divison for now and watch ROH when I need to watch those kind of matches. With that said, the X division angle is a bright star on a rather black night

Yeah? Care to make a wager on that?

It's not? In three months they've lost 40% of their audience

...What? That's absolutely positively false. They scored a 0.9 rating last week KB. Before Hogan came in they were routinely getting a 1.1 or so. Not sure how well your math skills are, but that sure as shit is not a drop of 40%.

And don't forget they also scored their highest rating ever with Hogan and Bischoff on board. So clearly they have the tools to draw people, they just don't know how to properly use them.

...What? That's absolutely positively false. They scored a 0.9 rating last week KB. Before Hogan came in they were routinely getting a 1.1 or so. Not sure how well your math skills are, but that sure as shit is not a drop of 40%.

1.5 on 1/4. .9 last week. Three months pass, they lose .6 out of 1.5. That sounds like 40% to me.

While idiotic to not have Young in the 6 man, that came off ok I thought. It set up the matches well, although Bubba needs to die still. However, two things:

1. Young more or less has to win as this seems to be the end of the feud.

2. Instead of four old guys having a PPV match, why not two old and two younger guys where the younger guys get PPV time and experience?

Fully agree. Bubba really aggravates me as I feel he's just trying to play a third-rate nWo Bischoff with this whole thing. His interference in the match was pathetic, too.

Which they did all night. And most of last week. Also, let's say the faces win. It makes the heels look fairly weak. Even with the heels being at a huge advantage they can't beat them?

Classic booking. Happened to Anderson before, and the momentum can be maintained and carry over if it's booked properly. It all depends how the victory is picked up.

Yes. The Williams angle is by far the best on the show at the moment.

Very classic angle with him verbally running down what guys like Moore & Kaz do week-after-week on the show. Really asserting himself as the top heel in the division.

Could do without the MCMG losing their title shot in a throwaway match but true.

Kazarian'd. Pissed me off, too.

Again: Hardy or RVD could look like the big time savior but they don't. Just think they're being completely misused.

I don't see it that way seeing as the Lockdown match is the main event at the PPV, which means both Hardy & RVD are main eventing, and neither are involved in the world title picture right now (which is a good thing seeing as Pope needs his time in the spotlight).

I don't see it that way seeing as the Lockdown match is the main event at the PPV, which means both Hardy & RVD are main eventing, and neither are involved in the world title picture right now (which is a good thing seeing as Pope needs his time in the spotlight).

World title should be the feature of nearly every show with very few exceptions. This isn't one of them.

Let's see if we can all agree on this:

X division angle was extremily well developed.

Hardy Vs Roode was a really good match that advanced the angle

Angle vs Anderson recap was a good way to keep them from interacting for one week

The knockout stipulation for the ppv is ******ed

3D vs the band had two flaws: Bubba and Eric Young not being there from the beginning.

The main event was O.K at best

1.5 on 1/4. .9 last week. Three months pass, they lose .6 out of 1.5. That sounds like 40% to me.

How do you figure KB? The 1.5 on 1/4 was their highest rating ever, much higher than their average rating so no shit their average rating isn't going to be a 1.5, there's no way they were going to keep that up each week just on Hogan and Flair's names. You don't judge ratings success by looking at the highest rating ever and than comparing it to your average rating.

4 months ago their mean rating was a 1.1 or so. Now it's around 0.9. The difference between those two mean ratings is .2, which is not anywhere near a 40% loss in audience.

Yes. So they had a 1.5. Last week they had 60% of that, three months later. So in other words, three months have passed and their ratings are down 40%. There you are.

You don't judge ratings success by looking at the highest rating ever

Bullshit. When TNA got that, the TNA marks came out of the woodwork to tell anyone that would listen how great it was for them. They talked about how great it was to get that going against Raw. That became their measuring stick.

Yes. So they had a 1.5. Last week they had 60% of that, three months later. So in other words, three months have passed and their ratings are down 40%. There you are.

And here you are, incorrectly utilizing statistics to try and prove your point. Again, you don't compare your highest rating (or piece of data) to your lowest KB, you compare the mean (or average) rating (or piece of data) that they scored over the last few months to the period of time before that. Comparing the 1.5 to 0.6 would imply that TNA routinely got a 1.5 in the ratings before Hogan and Bischoff showed up (which they didn't, ever) and that now their average rating is a 0.6 (which again, it isn't, because they've only scored that rating once, last week).

Trying to say that TNA has permanently lost 40% of it's audience in 4 months time is simply absolutely false statistically, and I've just explained why.

Bullshit. When TNA got that, the TNA marks came out of the woodwork to tell anyone that would listen how great it was for them. They talked about how great it was to get that going against Raw. That became their measuring stick.

What? Who? Where? How is it a bad thing to get a 1.5 rating?

Let's see if we can all agree on this:

X division angle was extremily well developed.

Hardy Vs Roode was a really good match that advanced the angle

Angle vs Anderson recap was a good way to keep them from interacting for one week

The knockout stipulation for the ppv is ******ed

3D vs the band had two flaws: Bubba and Eric Young not being there from the beginning.

The main event was O.K at best

Agreed.

And here you are, incorrectly utilizing statistics to try and prove your point. Again, you don't compare your highest rating (or piece of data) to your lowest KB, you compare the mean (or average) rating (or piece of data) that they scored over the last few months to the period of time before that. Comparing the 1.5 to 0.6 would imply that TNA routinely got a 1.5 in the ratings before Hogan and Bischoff showed up (which they didn't, ever) and that now their average rating is a 0.6 (which again, it isn't, because they've only scored that rating once, last week).

Trying to say that TNA has permanently lost 40% of it's audience in 4 months time is simply absolutely false statistically, and I've just explained why.

What? Who? Where? How is it a bad thing to get a 1.5 rating?

Did I say permanently? No I don't think so.

Not bad at all, but if that's your highest rating, that's the standard you've set. Going below that is failing. But wait. It's TNA so the standards are different and a .9 is a great rating right? Even though the situation was the same last week with the hour lead in and their ratings were way down, it's still a success right?

Did you even watch tonight, man? How can you say that?

They followed up on every match at Lockdown directly sans Anderson/Angle which was worked through video promotion since they had their ladder match last week.

Covered in the main event.

Covered throughout the show.

Video package

Covered in a draw match between Moore & Kaz to set up the three-way

Covered in the street fight

Covered in the street fight run-in save by EY.

yet after almost about every match their was more hype for leathel lockdown.

Eric's 10 second run-in was unmemorable and unimportant in terms of hype for the match.
They mentioned 3D V.S the band in one sentence.
Angel and pope had a video....one video and they both weren't on the show.
AJ and Pope was a main event that did more for lethal lock down then The world title match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back