• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4/12 TNA ReAction + Impact LD Hopefully simulated cum-free Tonight

Seriously, do people in England really like David Hasslehoff this much? Why? Why the fuck do people like this guy?

I legitimately thought it was a joke when I saw it being announced on the main page. He seemed to be well received though.

I understand TNA needs to build this match but what about Anderson V.S Angle & AJ V.S Pope I almost forgot those match's even existed.

They covered Anderson/Angle in a video package for a good two minutes, and AJ v. Pope was the main event, man.

Well I enjoyed this weeks Impact, but maybe it was just in comparison to last weeks.
Everything has it's flaws, I wouldn't expect any different, but I still enjoyed it. Probably more than any Impact since January. Solidly booked (TNA standards), but of course KB will fight me to the death for even thinking it.

I'd give out rep as usual but even though I haven't given out much in the last four days, it won't let me give out more.

How can they have such an awful show a week ago and a perfectly decent show this week? Some of the stupidity they had last week was almost enough to have people quit on them. Every mach made sense. I read KB's post that Kaz vs Moore won't account to anything but I disagree. The match served a really big purpose on putting them both over before Lockdown. I've never liked the whole time limit rule but it worked wonderfully for the angle. Oh btw the knockout match at Lockdown has a ******ed stipulation

Well I enjoyed this weeks Impact, but maybe it was just in comparison to last weeks.
Everything has it's flaws, I wouldn't expect any different, but I still enjoyed it. Probably more than any Impact since January. Solidly booked (TNA standards), but of course KB will fight me to the death for even thinking it.

I'd give out rep as usual but even though I haven't given out much in the last four days, it won't let me give out more.

After last week this was a God-send. One of the major things is there seems to be very little flow to TNA. Also, it feels like they have no long term plans. Does anyone else get the feeling that they're just making this up as they go and have no idea what's coming after Lockdown?

So apparently me complaining all night is worth almost as much rep as I've gotten for the Tournament. There's something funny there.

Ok, so here's the thing: believe it or not, TNA is something I want to succeed in the worst way. The main reason I complain is I see FAR too many flaws in it that are going to prevent it from ever meaning anything or even coming close to hurting WWE. I want them to succeed so WWE and Vince have some competition because it makes Vince think harder more times than just around Mania. When I see cheap plays like flat out reusing Attitude Era angles and things that make your head itch (like Jesse Neal instead of Eric Young. Seriously, they went with the two matches at Lockdown out of that 6 man. There is zero logic behind Neal being in there and it makes things more confusing than they should be.) As for bitching about the Lethal Lockdown match, Hogan and Flair continue to be the main cause (aside from Russo) of why this company is a joke by comparison. They'll be the ones getting their names mentioned (as in the winner is Team Flair or Team Hogan) and they'll get the credit for the win over the guys that actually do the wrestling. They have RVD and Jeff Hardy. People FREAKED when they showed up for the first time, and they're just some of the boys in this match. yes they're in a big match, but they should be having big time feuds and matches right off the bat. TNA should be focusing on them rather than Abyss and Hogan and Flair. You can use the argument that Hogan and Flair are bigger deals, but at this stage in their careers, they simply can't be the focal point of a successful company anymore. The ranting and complaining isn't so much bitching as it is frustration. Hope that clears things up a bit.

I fully understand what you're saying, but I just don't think you go about it in the best way possible. You just come off as whiney, uncompromising and irreverant, which is probably not what you are at all in a sense of wanting the company to actually succeed.

The issue is in how you deliver your complaints, not in the fact you deliver them. There's nothing wrong with calling the company out on something it does wrong, but you do it too consistently down to the most minute and microcosmic features before feuds/angles/segments even finish, which is exactly why Eko noted earlier that you're acting like the smarkiest fan you possibly can – it's really difficult for casual users or even hardcore ones to understand that there's an underlying concern there. All they see is you complaining at every step when let's face it man, it's not nearly as grim as you make it out to be sometimes.

I'll leave you with this :
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKURT3X2i-c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKURT3X2i-c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

How can they have such an awful show a week ago and a perfectly decent show this week? Some of the stupidity they had last week was almost enough to have people quit on them. Every mach made sense. I read KB's post that Kaz vs Moore won't account to anything but I disagree. The match served a really big purpose on putting them both over before Lockdown. I've never liked the whole time limit rule but it worked wonderfully for the angle. Oh btw the knockout match at Lockdown has a ******ed stipulation

What I mean is that the X match was by far and away the best match on the show. Those guys worked hard and put on an entertaining match. Do they have a chance of being the focus of the show? Not at all. They're never going to move beyond the spots they're in now.

After last week this was a God-send. One of the major things is there seems to be very little flow to TNA. Also, it feels like they have no long term plans. Does anyone else get the feeling that they're just making this up as they go and have no idea what's coming after Lockdown?

Actually I was just talking about this over MSn a second ago, I'm not sure they have any angle besides Bischoff seizing control of the Company after Lockdown. I really don't think they have anything made up yet at all. But we'll see.

I'll leave you with this :
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKURT3X2i-c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKURT3X2i-c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Holy shit! That was a sick fireball spot. Raven, eat your heart out, man!

I fully understand what you're saying, but I just don't think you go about it in the best way possible. You just come off as whiney, uncompromising and irreverant, which is probably not what you are at all in a sense of wanting the company to actually succeed.

I'm not compromising at all. I want intelligent wrestling. This isn't whatsoever.

The issue is in how you deliver your complaints, not in the fact you deliver them. There's nothing wrong with calling the company out on something it does wrong, but you do it too consistently down to the most minute and microcosmic features before feuds/angles/segments even finish, which is exactly why Eko noted earlier that you're acting like the smarkiest fan you possibly can – it's really difficult for casual users or even hardcore ones to understand that there's an underlying concern there. All they see is you complaining at every step when let's face it man, it's not nearly as grim as you make it out to be sometimes.

It's not? In three months they've lost 40% of their audience, they're bringing in every big name they can, for the life of me I cannot imagine they're making anything off PPV buys. Where in the world is the money coming from? They're spending themselves into a huge hole for ratings that are barely beating a 2am Saturday night chopped down recap show. I know you have to have patience, but things have been steadily going down. Why in the world from a business standpoint should anyone believe things are looking up?

They covered Anderson/Angle in a video package for a good two minutes, and AJ v. Pope was the main event, man.

A 2 minute video and a match that i wouldn't consider a main event if Cena was it don't hype matches very well.Plus the so called "main event" Highlighted Beer money and Flair more than AJ and the only reason pope mattered was because he got the shit beat out of him.

What I mean is that the X match was by far and away the best match on the show. Those guys worked hard and put on an entertaining match. Do they have a chance of being the focus of the show? Not at all. They're never going to move beyond the spots they're in now.

Am confused. Shanon Moore worked hard during his match yet he has to be raped by a horny dalmatian? So he goes from deserving being raped to being held back by TNA.

It's not? In three months they've lost 40% of their audience, they're bringing in every big name they can, for the life of me I cannot imagine they're making anything off PPV buys. Where in the world is the money coming from? They're spending themselves into a huge hole for ratings that are barely beating a 2am Saturday night chopped down recap show. I know you have to have patience, but things have been steadily going down. Why in the world from a business standpoint should anyone believe things are looking up?

What does any of that have to do with how you come across with your complaints?

They trip over their own feet often, but I think a lot of that came from the fact that they received mostly positive feedback from the crash-style booking they ran on January 4th and March 8th. It's obvious (to TNA) at this point that that type of thing doesn't carry longevity which is why shows like tonights are starting to become more of the norm.

Still crash-course in a sense, but the booking (the most important part) is starting to become much more of the focal point.

Actually I was just talking about this over MSn a second ago, I'm not sure they have any angle besides Bischoff seizing control of the Company after Lockdown. I really don't think they have anything made up yet at all. But we'll see.

Exactly. There is zero sense of structure or sanity at all. Now yes, that worked in the Attitude Era, but this isn't the Attitude Era and there is no one on the roster like Rock or Austin or Foley to carry things through that. In the era where booking like this worked, you had a roster where Mick Foley was about the 7th most talented guy. People keep saying how great TNA is and how they're such a success. No. They're a company that is in WAY over its head and are desperately looking for something to stay afloat.

Am confused. Shanon Moore worked hard during his match yet he has to be raped by a horny dalmatian? So he goes from deserving being raped to being held back by TNA.

Not him in particular. The whole X Division. It needs to be put out of its misery. I can't stand him and never have but he's friends with Matt and Jeff so let's keep pushing him until he FINALLY has a good match I guess so his push is justified.

A 2 minute video and a match that i wouldn't consider a main event if Cena was it don't hype matches very well.Plus the so called "main event" Highlighted Beer money and Flair more than AJ and the only reason pope mattered was because he got the shit beat out of him.

Because the idea is to make Team Hogan look as weak as possible, man. It's standard booking. Team Flair looks to be in total control and have systematically delivered blow-after-blow to Team Hogan over the last three weeks plus. They've injured both RVD and Hardy, and Flair quite obviously hit Abyss with the car earlier. The idea is to make Team Hogan look as though they can't possible stand in the match so as to make their victory all the more powerful considering it was "against all odds" (no pun intended).

What does any of that have to do with how you come across with your complaints?

They trip over their own feet often, but I think a lot of that came from the fact that they received mostly positive feedback from the crash-style booking they ran on January 4th and March 8th. It's obvious (to TNA) at this point that that type of thing doesn't carry longevity which is why shows like tonights are starting to become more of the norm.

Still crash-course in a sense, but the booking (the most important part) is starting to become much more of the focal point.

Talking about how you said it's not as grim as it seems. That's true. It's worse.

And no, it wasn't mostly postitive feedback. It was a shock show with some legit shocking surprises. The show itself from a content perspecitive had ONE good match. TNA is in real trouble if they don't make some major changes.

Because the idea is to make Team Hogan look as weak as possible, man. It's standard booking. Team Flair looks to be in total control and have systematically delivered blow-after-blow to Team Hogan over the last three weeks plus. They've injured both RVD and Hardy, and Flair quite obviously hit Abyss with the car earlier. The idea is to make Team Hogan look as though they can't possible stand in the match so as to make their victory all the more powerful considering it was "against all odds" (no pun intended).

Fine and good, but there comes a point where a glimmer of hope is needed.

Yep, it all seems pretty standard. Despite the fact that Hogan and Flair have had a little to much tv time on this feud IMO, it makes enough sense that I won't bitch about the booking.

The MCMG loss.....I can't say the same for.

Can we discuss what is happening with those tag belts, seems like TNA doesn't even know.

Not him in particular. The whole X Division. It needs to be put out of its misery. I can't stand him and never have but he's friends with Matt and Jeff so let's keep pushing him until he FINALLY has a good match I guess so his push is justified.

lol don't get me wrong dude I can't stand him either, but at least the X division has a proper angle going. Bischoff thinks these guys are good to get the crowd going, and for now they need to do so

Yep, it all seems pretty standard. Despite the fact that Hogan and Flair have had a little to much tv time on this feud IMO, it makes enough sense that I won't bitch about the booking.

The MCMG loss.....I can't say the same for.

Can we discuss what is happening with those tag belts, seems like TNA doesn't even know.

You could say that for half of the show.

lol don't get me wrong dude I can't stand him either, but at least the X division has a proper angle going. Bischoff thinks these guys are good to get the crowd going, and for now they need to do so

Best angle on the show by far. However, they'll put on great matches and cool angles and never move up the roster. They'll be the guys that get the crowd going and that's it, as Hogan and Flair and company have to be the main focus of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back