• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4/12 TNA ReAction + Impact LD Hopefully simulated cum-free Tonight

Did I say permanently? No I don't think so.

Well you most CERTAINLY implied it KB. When you use the phrase "Lost 40% of their audience" it implies that 40% is gone forever and not coming back, that those people who stopped watching have officially left TNA's "audience" (or weekly viewership), which is an incredibly shoddy way of looking at things.

Not bad at all, but if that's your highest rating, that's the standard you've set.

But it's not the average (or mean) that you've set, is it? The mean is a MUCH more reliable number to determine the size of TNA's viewership, this isn't really refutable, this is simple statistics and math here. Comparing the mean rating they scored before Hogan/Bischoff to now and you'll see it's nowhere near a 40% drop in their audience like you're suggesting. You're being hyperbolic.

Going below that is failing. But wait. It's TNA so the standards are different and a .9 is a great rating right?

...No, a .9 isn't great, but YES TNA does indeed have different standards KB, different than those you'd use to judge the WWE by. Not sure how you could even argue that when comparing the size and worldwide popularity of the WWE to TNA.

Even though the situation was the same last week with the hour lead in and their ratings were way down, it's still a success right?

Who said it was a success? Not me.

yet after almost about every match their was more hype for leathel lockdown.

Maybe because it's the Main Event of the night. It's also an exaggeration.

Eric's 10 second run-in was unmemorable and unimportant in terms of hype for the match.

I'll give you that, he should have been the third member of 3D

They mentioned 3D V.S the band in one sentence.

And I suppose the 9 minute match between the two teams never happened?

Angel and pope had a video....one video and they both weren't on the show.

They just had a god damn Ladder match last week, 25 minutes of coverage on the new show ReAction, and a video package that did it's job.

If you didn't watch last week that's your fault, shows shouldn't have to recap every damn thing they do.

AJ and Pope was a main event that did more for lethal lock down then The world title match.

But it did enough for the world title to not make it completely useless.

Well you most CERTAINLY implied it KB. When you use the phrase "Lost 40% of their audience" it implies that 40% is gone forever and not coming back, that those people who stopped watching have officially left TNA's "audience" (or weekly viewership), which is an incredibly shoddy way of looking at things.

Oh you're going off implications now? Got it. So in other words I'm implying something that I in no way said. Right.

But it's not the average (or mean) that you've set, is it? The mean is a MUCH more reliable number to determine the size of TNA's viewership, this isn't really refutable, this is simple statistics and math here. Comparing the mean rating they scored before Hogan/Bischoff to now and you'll see it's nowhere near a 40% drop in their audience like you're suggesting. You're being hyperbolic.

Again, didn't say it was the average, but I guess that was implied too.

[quote...No, a .9 isn't great, but YES TNA does indeed have different standards KB, different than those you'd use to judge the WWE by. Not sure how you could even argue that when comparing the size and worldwide popularity of the WWE to TNA. [/quote]

Oh ok so when they having the same situation as Raw as in the same timeslot on the same night we won't hold them to the standards that they say they're at. Got it. Bullshit, but got it.

Who said it was a success? Not me.

I'll be looking into that.

Maybe because it's the Main Event of the night. It's also an exaggeration.

I'll give you that, he should have been the third member of 3D

And I suppose the 9 minute match between the two teams never happened?

They just had a god damn Ladder match last week, 25 minutes of coverage on the new show ReAction, and a video package that did it's job.

If you didn't watch last week that's your fault, shows shouldn't have to recap every damn thing they do.

But it did enough for the world title to not make it completely useless.

Yes i know it was an exaggeration.You got a point with 3D and the band.I saw last week and the match was good but they let the hype drop for Angle V Anderson IMO.

But it did enough for the world title to not make it completely useless
Yet you said not completely uselessPlus i never said the word useless,you did.

Yes i know it was an exaggeration.You got a point with 3D and the band.I saw last week and the match was good but they let the hype drop for Angle V Anderson IMO.

They let the heat die a tiny bit, but come on, after two months this feud has enough heat to sustain itself without being on in a match or promo week-in week-out.

Yet you said not completely useless Plus i never said the word useless,you did.

My bad, I'm so used to everything around these TNA LD's being totally negative.

Oh you're going off implications now? Got it. So in other words I'm implying something that I in no way said. Right.

Sure, play dumb if you'd like. You know damn well the phrase "Lost 40% of their audience" implies that 40% isn't coming back. You're the one that worded it that way.

Again, didn't say it was the average, but I guess that was implied too.

No, you were simply incorrectly judging TNA's ratings and trying to use statistics to back up your argument, when your statistics were simply flat-out wrong because your argument is centered around the idea that 1.5 was the size of TNA's audience instead of a bloated number for one special night, which it was. The REAL size of TNA's audience is the average viewers they have over weeks, not one single high rating. Don't know why you can't see this.

Oh ok so when they having the same situation as Raw as in the same timeslot on the same night we won't hold them to the standards that they say they're at. Got it. Bullshit, but got it.

"Same situation as Raw"? What the fuck are you smoking? I didn't realize Impact was live infront of 30,000 Brits this week with the star power of guys like John Cena. TNA does not have even 1/10th of the resources that the WWE has, so yes KB, you do hold them to different standards.

So here

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=1674543&postcount=15

Where you say it's damn good, damn good does not mean a success?

I thought you were saying that I said the 0.9 was a success, not the 1.5. Damn right 1.5 was a success, how the fuck do you figure it isn't?

1.5 was a huge success. Going from that to a .9 in three months, as in going down 40% like they did, since .9 is indeed 60% of 1.5, which is what they had, is awful.

1.5 was a huge success. Going from that to a .9 in three months, as in going down 40% like they did, since .9 is indeed 60% of 1.5, which is what they had, is awful.

But you're making that claim by assuming that the 1.5 they achieved was what they would expect to get week in and week out, what their average rating would be. What I'm trying to say is that you can't just compare their highest rating to their lowest and consider them to have lost 40% of their actual viewing audience. That 1.5 is not truly indicative of the size of TNA's demographic of viewers, the average rating they achieve would be the most accurate way to judge the size of TNA's audience.

I just think you're being hyperbolic. You have a tendency to do that when it comes to TNA buddy. ;)

...Now...how's that damn No Way Out 2000 review coming?

Not at all. They got it once. That was the standard they set for Monday nights. That was their entire data set no? They are down 40% after three months of shows from their initial rating no?

And NWO is on the back burner at the moment. I'm 25 days from graduation and have about 7 papers/projects and having 3 hours to watch a PPV isn't something I can spare. I have the intro written though.

I'm not saying your math is wrong KB, I'm saying your formula isn't the most accurate way to judge the actual size and drop in size of TNA's viewing audience.

Oh and yeah, graduation. Ha, good luck with that man, shit gets hectic.

Most accurate? Perhaps not. Correct though? yes. With Hogan running things the ratings have steadily gone down.

Yeah it does. That and uptight teachers needing to get laid and annyoing parents that just got divorced for the fourth time and is using me for psychiatric help aren't helping.

I'm hoping it means no more Abyss for a few months. The shit with Hogan had to stop.

Yeah Abyss needs to be gone. The problem here is two fold. 1: they've built him up for months in one of the two matches the PPV is worth. That's a bait and switch if nothing else. And yes, when WWF did it with Austin it was the same thing so both would be guilty. 2: if he comes back, it looks kind of absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back