• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD for 06/03

So let me get this straight; a historic career midcarder with absolutely zero name value or main event experience is now a superior talent to Sting, AJ Styles and Jeff hardy (otherwise known as three of the most popular talents in the company).

Guys have to make it to the main event somehow. Roode did once feud with Booker T so he can go with the big guns, and he's getting experience with Hardy at the moment. I see a lot in him as an in ring performer and as a character. He has a lot to offer, and if given the right push, I really do think he could outshine a lot of guys.

Disagree, they should let Roode out on his own. That dude would be a better main event heel than Sting, AJ, or whoever else they could throw out there. As much as I like Beer Money, I would love to see Roode get a chance to truly shine.

Yeah I love Roode too, but as long as they're a tag team why not have them as contenders? Isn't BMI one of TNA's better tag teams? Why have them as Flair's lackeys?

They were there too long any way. Glad to see them do something else for a few months.

I'm just not a fan of the whole henchmen role. Again, they're better than that.

So let me get this straight; a historic career midcarder with absolutely zero name value or main event experience is now a superior talent to Sting, AJ Styles and Jeff hardy (otherwise known as three of the most popular talents in the company).

Sting hasn't done much in years and this heel turn is going to fail fast because I don't see him winning at Slammiversary.

I would rather see Storm in the main event than Roode.

Yea. Orton's turn was slow and because he's actually good, Anderson's was fast and because he's great on the mic.

It was slow? Here I thought he went from taking on Kofi and Cena as the clearly defined heel only to three weeks later get face pops for taking on Shemus. Official face status came what, a month later once he broke it off with Legacy. That isn't very slow.

The other part is debatable, but I'm trying to watch wrestling so I'll keep it to a minimum.

I agree, actually, but I want the BMI split to be done well and done over a long period of time.

Yes, it could be a well done feud if done right, and if booked right where Storm becomes a face and Roode the heel, it could do wonders for them as singles. Both of them have potential to rise to the main event, though I think Roode has a clear advantage in talent.

Yeah I love Roode too, but as long as they're a tag team why not have them as contenders? Isn't BMI one of TNA's better tag teams? Why have them as Flair's lackeys?

Because the show revolves around Flair vs. Hogan at the end of the day?

Robert Roode is fine. I doubt he'll ever make it to the main event, but he's perfectly acceptable. Calling him better than Sting or Hardy though is a complete joke.

Roode has a boatload of potential. He's a fantastic singles wrestler, and quite frankly, so is James Storm. Their split should be an instant candidate for "OH SHIT!" moment of the year. It should be well done and build extremely well. The split should happen at a major PPV as well.

Guys have to make it to the main event somehow. Roode did once feud with Booker T so he can go with the big guns, and he's getting experience with Hardy at the moment. I see a lot in him as an in ring performer and as a character. He has a lot to offer, and if given the right push, I really do think he could outshine a lot of guys.

Agreed. Roode should be pushed over Storm.

I don't see the problem. They're wrestling two main event guys. Its better than what the Guns are getting.

Robert Roode is fine. I doubt he'll ever make it to the main event, but he's perfectly acceptable. Calling him better than Sting or Hardy though is a complete joke.

See, without quoting me, you are twisting my words. I said he has the POTENTIAL to do better in a main event heel role than Sting, and I believe he does because I'm really not buying Sting in that heel role. As for Hardy, as great as he was in WWE, his TNA run is nothing special and I think Roode could get over just as much as a main eventer over time. Of course, Roode would work as a heel, so it's a tough argument because it would be tough to prove, but I do think Roode has POTENTIAL to be a true singles star.

See, without quoting me, you are twisting my words. I said he has the POTENTIAL to do better in a main event heel role than Sting

No you didn't.

they should let Roode out on his own. That dude would be a better main event heel than Sting, AJ, or whoever else they could throw out there.

See.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back