TNA LD for 07/29

So let me get this straight.

The two security guards are brought in, the ECW guys are brought in, Jordan is back and Abyss says THEY are still around. How many people does TNA think they need to have working for them???

So in other words, they're going to have their own guys and their PPV quality matches given away for free in hopes of getting a huge rating rather than putting it on PPV where it'll make a little money? Yeah....that didn't cripple WCW at all back in the day.

So in other words, they're going to have their own guys and their PPV quality matches given away for free in hopes of getting a huge rating rather than putting it on PPV where it'll make a little money? Yeah....that didn't cripple WCW at all back in the day.

Well, it's not really that bad of an idea, as long as it's used sparingly. The idea is to kick up interest in the product and give people a reason to get hooked on to TNA. It's a modern day Clash of the Champions.

The problem is, and has been for wrestling for a decade now, there is so little difference between TV and PPV anymore. You can see PPV caliber matches on free TV (in both WWE and TNA) and so the PPVs aren't nearly as exciting anymore. Do you think you will ever see the UFC Heavyweight Champion fight on free TV? Not a chance.

The wrestling business is going to have to find a way to separate it's PPV and TV programming, because it's just not working the way it is anymore.

The PPV special isn't what bugs me. It's that the ECW guys are getting the big show and the TNA guys, as in the ones that the company is built around and the ones that have worked hard to get them wherever they are are being put on a special so that the ECW guys can have one last thing.

Did I mention I can't stand this idea?

It's a stupid idea. So stupid, in fact, that I've decided it needs neither discussion nor analysis. Its stupidity is plain to see. I'd be worried it would get lost in the sea of stupid ideas that is TNA, but they had to forethought to make it their primary stupid idea so nobody could miss its total stupidity.

Also, love that the guy that Hogan, RVD, Hardy and Anderson couldn't stop for a few weeks is having trouble vs. Tommy Dreamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back