The Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, I think that someone like Argentine Backbreaker or something, should be bant, not me

Right now, we're leaving this as it is. The staff will discuss the issue and make a decision from there. As of right now, your account will remain banned until we can find a legit reason to unban it. And if you keep pestering the staff about this, this account will be banned as well. And may be banned anyway.

ok, but please regard my previous post, because that is probably the case, I have never made an alt

Hey guys. I would like to file a small complaint here.

KB has infracted me. And I feel I am undeserving of this infraction.
Dear SuperCrazy,

You have received an infraction at WrestleZone Forums.

Reason: Spamming
-------
Do not use this thread for discussion. Use it for answering questions that have a definitive answer.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=2029193
Quote:
My guess is, and this only due to the fact that Bischoff was not seen for rest of the show, that someone did in fact jump ship. Hogan came back, but we never saw Bischoff for the rest of the night, so Hogan must of gotten dropped off. Now, as to who it could be, I have no clue, I'd have to imagine if it was anyone , it'd be Shelton Benjamin. He's not exactly a major player, but Hogan could look at him as someone important.

The only other person that makes any sense of jumping ship is the man who just retired, Shawn Michaels. We all know that would never happen, but that'd be the only huge superstar that could cross the line at this point in time. HBK would never ever do that to the WWE though, so that's not even a possibility I suppose. But imagine if it was him.
All the best,
WrestleZone Forums

At the time of my post, it was it's own thread. A thread about the who people thought Hogan and Bischoff were picking up on impact on Monday or something along those lines. I come back online and find the thread gone and my post tossed into the TNA Ask a Question thread and an infraction in my inbox. I don't think that's fair to me, because like I said, at the time of posting, it was in it's own thread.

To the Gestapo,

I'm new here (was here nearly 10 years ago and clearly don't remember my name or password) and am already thinking about leaving. I've gotten "infractions" for things as stupid as "you didn't answer the question of the thread properly". Who are you to tell me how to answer a question? If the response is ON TOPIC and AN ANSWER...that should be good enough.

I think you guys abuse the power a little bit too much and toss around "infractions" like they're business cards. Why don't you let people enjoy themselves...and if they get out of line...THEN you reprimand them. If you read something out of context and jump to conclusions and start tossing around inaccurate infractions everytime you misunderstand something...it makes the site less enjoyable.

I may be speaking for myself (as I know there are a lot of younger kids on here but I'm older) but I'm on here to have fun and talk about wrestling. When I write something it's not to "spam" or break the rules on purpose. I've had a PM regarding "SPAM" including everything from "responding to a question with too little information" to "responding to a question with too much information" and then "responding to a question with information we don't understand".

I understand there has to be rules here...but to abuse them and punish people for minor things that shouldn't even be considered infractions in the first place (personally feeling that a response to a question wasn't good enough) is basically an abuse of power. I understand its fun to be in control but I've been here (back here) for only a few days now and I already see this forum as more of a playground for those in control...than it is a fun place to discuss wrestling amongst other fans.

I do not mean this in any disrespect. I am strictly being extremely honest with everyone and I hope that you can give this post the same respect and at the very least think about what I have just written seriously.

Thank you,
Prime

Abuse of power is something we're accused of quite regularly. That is very much not the case, we ask people to follow the rules, those that do do and those who don't get warnings/infractions. You received an infraction which was actually reversed due to the thread being moved.

It's simple enough that you add a reason why onto whatever you say on the forum, most people manage it and we have one of the best forums on the internet, it's hardly an abuse of power if it's us doing our job. Think of it from our point of view, as mods our job is to warn/infact/delete if someone breaks the rules, someone breaks the rules and we do that...that's not an abuse of power but our role. An abuse of power would be if someone banned you straight off just because they didn't like your sign in name.

So as moderators of a forum that has rules, we have every right to tell YOU how to stick to the rules.

I would hardly call giving someone a warning that effects them in no way "abuse". Please just stay on topic and follow the rules. You will then be fine. I assure you, no one cares about you enough to go out of their way to abuse you.

I wasn't saying that they went out of their way to personally abuse me. I just didn't really understand "the rules" I guess. I take part of several successful blogs and forums and they have their rules as well...although I've never seen anything this strict.

Usually the rules are "stay on topic, no personal attacks, have fun" but it seems it's MUCH more stricter here where every one of your responses is at the descretion of the moderators.

Somebody asked about the big star "jumping ship" that Hogan and Bischoff were talking about in the limosine. I brought up something about the situation...but apparently it was "spamming" for some reason because it wasn't answered to that particular moderator's liking? On the other hand, I once answered "No." to another question and was given an infraction. This is more understandable...but it kind of contradicts the other one I received. Do you want one word answers? Or do you want explanations? After receiving one for those two, I guess I have absolutely no idea what can be said...that's all.

Abuse of power is something we're accused of quite regularly. That is very much not the case, we ask people to follow the rules, those that do do and those who don't get warnings/infractions. You received an infraction which was actually reversed due to the thread being moved.

It's simple enough that you add a reason why onto whatever you say on the forum, most people manage it and we have one of the best forums on the internet, it's hardly an abuse of power if it's us doing our job. Think of it from our point of view, as mods our job is to warn/infact/delete if someone breaks the rules, someone breaks the rules and we do that...that's not an abuse of power but our role. An abuse of power would be if someone banned you straight off just because they didn't like your sign in name.

So as moderators of a forum that has rules, we have every right to tell YOU how to stick to the rules.

I would hardly call giving someone a warning that effects them in no way "abuse". Please just stay on topic and follow the rules. You will then be fine. I assure you, no one cares about you enough to go out of their way to abuse you.

For everyone reading, do you all notice the trend here? YOU MUST READ AND FOLLOW OUR RULES. They are there for a reason.

Trust me, we don't find enjoyment in angering our posters by issuing them warnings and infractions. But how do you think we feel when we warn or infract because none of you would take the time to read and understand our rules? After all, they're PM'ed to all of you when you first sign up. Just read an understand them before posting and none of you will feel the backlash. And if you are unsure of your posts, consult a mod or admin beforehand and we'd be happy to give you guidance.

I wasn't saying that they went out of their way to personally abuse me. I just didn't really understand "the rules" I guess. I take part of several successful blogs and forums and they have their rules as well...although I've never seen anything this strict.

Usually the rules are "stay on topic, no personal attacks, have fun" but it seems it's MUCH more stricter here where every one of your responses is at the descretion of the moderators.

Somebody asked about the big star "jumping ship" that Hogan and Bischoff were talking about in the limosine. I brought up something about the situation...but apparently it was "spamming" for some reason because it wasn't answered to that particular moderator's liking? On the other hand, I once answered "No." to another question and was given an infraction. This is more understandable...but it kind of contradicts the other one I received. Do you want one word answers? Or do you want explanations? After receiving one for those two, I guess I have absolutely no idea what can be said...that's all.

Answer the thread topic, only the thread topic, and address it with reasons to support your opinion. That is our rules.

Hiya

I think I explained this via our PM discussion, but if not, I apologise, and I'll attempt explaining again. Our spamming rules, first and foremost, require a post which gives an opinion/position on the thread topic, and the reason you take that position/hold that opinion. While one word answers will always be spam, we don't have a word requirement - each post is looked at and decided on by the moderator in question as to whether it satisfies the 3 qualities we need - Opinion, reason, and on topic.

When ever a moderator issues an infraction a report is sent to the Board Room where the other mods are free to check on the work of other mods and bring up what they think is wrong - which does happen. If your warnings/infractions weren't warranted it'd likely to have been caught. However, if you have a specific post in mind, feel free to post and I can take a look, or explain why it was infracted.

Becca

Hiya

I think I explained this via our PM discussion, but if not, I apologise, and I'll attempt explaining again. Our spamming rules, first and foremost, require a post which gives an opinion/position on the thread topic, and the reason you take that position/hold that opinion. While one word answers will always be spam, we don't have a word requirement - each post is looked at and decided on by the moderator in question as to whether it satisfies the 3 qualities we need - Opinion, reason, and on topic.

When ever a moderator issues an infraction a report is sent to the Board Room where the other mods are free to check on the work of other mods and bring up what they think is wrong - which does happen. If your warnings/infractions weren't warranted it'd likely to have been caught. However, if you have a specific post in mind, feel free to post and I can take a look, or explain why it was infracted.

Becca

Thanks Becca,

I guess the trouble may be in the word "SPAM" where in the initial "Welcome" message sent...the acronym means "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages" where I felt my response to somebody's question certainly was not any of those. I guess it comes down to everybody's interpretation of that definition. I consider "stupid pointless annoying messages" as something extremely off topic that has nothing to do with anything and that a person may or may not have done on purpose.

Giving a completely on topic response including your opinion and reasoning, to me anyway, doesn't deserve being called "stupid", "pointless", or "annoying".

If, in fact, what I had written (despite NOT being stupid, pointless, or annoying) isn't appreciated or people wish to not allow it...I believe maybe another word or reason should be used...as "SPAM" certainly is incredibly confusing.

That's basically the only reason why I've been scratching my head. I respect everybody and I understand rules need to be in place...but some of the rules are a bit unclear I guess.

I hope you understand.

Thanks,
Prime

A. Spamming: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages. The rules on Spamming at WrestleZone Forums are somewhat different than that of most other forums. We require that you give an opinion on a subject, but also to back up your opinion; simply stating that something is good or bad does not add to discussion. What we want to know is why you feel the way you do about a certain subject, to allow other posters to debate your opinion. We do not require an essay for every post, we simply require that you contribute to the topic. Spamming is allowed in the Forums under the Spam Friendly Sections heading, but not in any other Forums. Spamming in a forum where it is disallowed may result in an infraction.

I think that is pretty clear

Thanks Becca,

I guess the trouble may be in the word "SPAM" where in the initial "Welcome" message sent...the acronym means "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages" where I felt my response to somebody's question certainly was not any of those. I guess it comes down to everybody's interpretation of that definition. I consider "stupid pointless annoying messages" as something extremely off topic that has nothing to do with anything and that a person may or may not have done on purpose.

Giving a completely on topic response including your opinion and reasoning, to me anyway, doesn't deserve being called "stupid", "pointless", or "annoying".

If, in fact, what I had written (despite NOT being stupid, pointless, or annoying) isn't appreciated or people wish to not allow it...I believe maybe another word or reason should be used...as "SPAM" certainly is incredibly confusing.

That's basically the only reason why I've been scratching my head. I respect everybody and I understand rules need to be in place...but some of the rules are a bit unclear I guess.

I hope you understand.

Thanks,
Prime

I completely understand your point of view, and where the misunderstanding comes from - I have a few spamming infractions myself from my early days on the forum. Wrestlezone has a different meaning of the word 'spam' - that's what you need to try and get your head around. On Wrestlezone, 'Spam' is a post which doesn't satisfy the 3 qualities I outlined above. I hope that clarifies things for you.

I think that is pretty clear

Lee,

I can't recall the exact post that I was responding to because it all has been removed...but it was along the lines of asking who the big name jumping ship would be regarding Hogan and Bischoff in the limosine. People went back and forth with certain names but then saying that they didn't think they were big names. Then my response was as follows:

If the guy were THAT major...you'd think they wouldn't turn around and blow him off because of something as stupid as Jay Lethal giving Ric Flair his ring back. I mean they turned the car around and Ric Flair kept his ring regardless...

Pretty much meaning "I don't think it's going to be a major wrestler BECAUSE you would think if it were, they wouldn't blow him off in order to help a wrestler that's currently getting beat up in the ring."

To me, this answered the question and gave a very good response as to why I felt that way.

Although, seems like a lot of that overall conversation had been removed so maybe the original question broke the rules and anybody and everybody who respectfully responded to it is unfortunately lumped into the initial infraction?

I completely understand your point of view, and where the misunderstanding comes from - I have a few spamming infractions myself from my early days on the forum. Wrestlezone has a different meaning of the word 'spam' - that's what you need to try and get your head around. On Wrestlezone, 'Spam' is a post which doesn't satisfy the 3 qualities I outlined above. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Thanks again Becca,

I'll try to figure this thing out.

But like I just asked Lee above, if you respond to a post (unknowingly, as I am very new) that is an infraction...do you yourself get an infraction for responding to them?

Again, I'm used to responding to everything on other forums and blogs so being new, I'm not the best at depicting what is and what is not "spam".

Just wondering.

Thanks again,
Prime

Just look at it with relation to your posts, sometimes spam posts we don't catch for a while (yes contrary to belief we have lives). Just look at your posts and think is it against the spam rules? No? cool Yes? Better not post it.

You shouldnt, IMO. In that case, and I were handling it, the original post should be infracted, and your post deleted. Either way, the mod has the right to do what he wants. Regardless of responding, you are still breaking the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back