The Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Please read the RULES and the FAQ before posting your Complaint in this thread. Failure to do so will result in an Infraction for Spamming.

This is the complaint thread. If you have a complaint about the WrestleZone Forums, then make it in here. Use this thread regarding any Warnings/Infractions you may have received and wish to dispute, or about anything else you feel is not done well here.

Please be warned. This is not a debate thread. You ask your question, it's answered, and that's it. If you are polite, the staff will be polite back. If you are rude, the staff will be exactly the same to you.

WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MAIN NEWS SITE. Posting a complaint about what happens on the main page will result in an Infraction for Spamming.

Not really a complaint, more of a question.

So, every reply has to be a couple paragraphs or something? I can't drop a one liner and be out?

I got a warning for saying Maria needs to give up wrestling and fuck on camera instead. Now in my personal opinion I think it's pretty obvious I was making an attempt at being semi-humorous and at the same time stating my opinion on what I think she should do career wise.

It was in no way intended to be spamlike in anyway. Apologies.

but seriously, whats the protocol on the length of my replies? most of the time somebody has already stated my opinion better then i ever could have so should I just quote them and reply with a "co-sign" or do I need to give a lengthy response?
thanks.

All you have to do is give a response and a justification for it. Even though what you were saying was tongue in cheek, it had no reasoning behind it and was therefore spam.

I know I might be a little late on this, but I totally forgot about this.

I was posting in the Music Section about Lip Syncing. When I wrote up the post, I accidentally deleted most of my post, which what was left could be classified as spamming. As soon as I saw this, I put a message down in the post that I was editing the post... to include the deleted part of the post. When I saved the message, I immediately went to add the deleted part. After I added the deleted part of the past, I saw the red card in the corner and got hit with a spamming infraction.

I did explain the situation to the moderator and he did sent me a PM back apoligising, who was ShadowMancer. I am going to have a crack here to see if I could reverse the infraction, because I am not sure what the PM was implying. If you need me to send you the PM on what I got spammed on and the replies between me and Shadow, I will. Just let me know.

Appreciate the person who will take the time out to do so.

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to complain about post count being turned off in the graphics section.

This may be overly dramatic, but I'm sick and tired of the graphics section (and graphics makers themselves) being treated as lesser forum members. I have been contemptuously called a "sig maker" by a moderator here, who has an issue with the fact that I have gotten a great many posts from the graphics section. Our work is important, and our graphics in my opinion deserve to be counted as posts. They are just like a long post, but they take the form of a picture rather than an essay.

If you don't want people needlessly spamming, perhaps you could turn on post count only in the Showcase Hall and start infracting/warning people who reply to the graphics threads with requests or "gee good work there", telling them to put requests in the Requests forum and thanks by rep or PM.

I know you can't change people's opinions on whether or not graphics makers deserve post counts or not, but it is my belief that the sigs themselves in no way count as spam. It can take up to several hours to make an extremely good sig, depending if you have inspiration or not, and what the pictures are.

I thank you for taking the time to read and think about my complaint.

Yours,
Matthew.

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to complain about post count being turned off in the graphics section.

So this is your complaint I see.

This may be overly dramatic, but I'm sick and tired of the graphics section (and graphics makers themselves) being treated as lesser forum members.

Not a proper compaint

I have been contemptuously called a "sig maker" by a moderator here

At the back of a book there is something. Grow one.

who has an issue with the fact that I have gotten a great many posts from the graphics section.

Or the spam that is in there.

Our work is important, and our graphics in my opinion deserve to be counted as posts.

The Showcase Hall has post count. If spam is placed in there, it shall be infracted

They are just like a long post, but they take the form of a picture rather than an essay.

Maybe I shall draw pictures of Sheamus beating Cena

If you don't want people needlessly spamming, perhaps you could turn on post count only in the Showcase Hall

It is

and start infracting/warning people who reply to the graphics threads with requests or "gee good work there", telling them to put requests in the Requests forum and thanks by rep or PM.

We will

I know you can't change people's opinions on whether or not graphics makers

Point 1 that isn't for the complaint thread

deserve post counts or not

Requesting a sig doesnt deserve one

but it is my belief that the sigs themselves in no way count as spam.

And in the showcase forum you shall place them

It can take up to several hours to make an extremely good sig, depending if you have inspiration or not, and what the pictures are.

So how many minutes do you spend? Just kidding mate:cool:

I thank you for taking the time to read and think about my complaint.

It is alright, killing time

Yours,
Matthew.

yours,
TM

It was really nice of you to trick me like that, TM. You told me multiple times that the graphics section was turned into a spam section the whole way.

And I refuse to grow anything when you decide to call me a "Sig maker" in the same tone you would call JKO a fucking cunt. It's comparable to a racist term. Maybe that's a little extreme, but I don't care. It's offensive, and it angers me.

...Well, not tone, but whatever. You know what I mean.

I dislike you. You know that?

You dislike me? You are a little do defensive you do realize that?

I didn't "trick" you, the area has been turned into a spam zone, excluding the showcase, something I found out today.

And this Race you speak of, you sure are defense about sig makers. You do know that is a clique, right, the same way someone might attack the mods, the NWZO, the SFAC, the OCWers the eFeders. Those aren't races. You want to know why people do it, it is because it is the easiest way to get a rise out of you.

Okay, okay, no slap fights in the complaint thread.

Doc, your complaint / issue is duly noted. So let me ask you two questions:

1. What percentage of your green rep has been earned for the sigs you have made for people, and

2. Do you feel it's fair that the people who request the sig from you get the same bump in post count as you do for making the sig?

Please answer these two questions before we go any further, and I promise your issue will receive its due dilligence. You may PM your answers to me if you like and we can go from there to avoid clogging up this thread and 4 or 5 mods weighing in.

I have a complaint about a post that was removed...

Apparently, me being proud that the cultural background that I come from finally has a world champion since Bruno isn't a valid reason state why I'm excited Sheamus won the world title.

I mean it's right there in plain site. I clearly stated "I'm excited that my heritage can finally claim a world champion after so many years". Sorry that I have such pride in where I come from and that finally WWE is allowing more foreigners to become WWE champion.

I have a complaint about a post that was removed...

Apparently, me being proud that the cultural background that I come from finally has a world champion since Bruno isn't a valid reason state why I'm excited Sheamus won the world title.

I mean it's right there in plain site. I clearly stated "I'm excited that my heritage can finally claim a world champion after so many years". Sorry that I have such pride in where I come from and that finally WWE is allowing more foreigners to become WWE champion.

It has nothing to do with that, you need to provide an explanation to your posts in non-spam areas. You need to explain why it excites you. No one wants to read a short post without any explanation or reason behind it.

I assure you, it had nothing to do with your nationality or heritage.

I have a complaint......Apparently no one likes the fact that apparenty i brought up a sore subject that they dont wanna see again....I opened a thread in reagard to the Montreal screw job and I understand alot of people in here have said its a sore subject and it been brought up several times. Well I could not find a thread dedicated to it. So I made on and at first it was moved by Lord Sidious to Old School Wrestling. No Big deal there However one person posts in it bitching about how I posted something that is overdone. Well my point is if anyone would have read the entire post at the bottom I asked What impact would the screwjob post in the upcoming months in WWE due to Bret signing a 4 month deal. PLease let me know if i have a legitimate complaint here.

Not to mention I had well over 500 reads in the first hour of writing it!!!

I have a complaint......Apparently no one likes the fact that apparenty i brought up a sore subject that they dont wanna see again....I opened a thread in reagard to the Montreal screw job and I understand alot of people in here have said its a sore subject and it been brought up several times. Well I could not find a thread dedicated to it. So I made on and at first it was moved by Lord Sidious to Old School Wrestling. No Big deal there However one person posts in it bitching about how I posted something that is overdone. Well my point is if anyone would have read the entire post at the bottom I asked What impact would the screwjob post in the upcoming months in WWE due to Bret signing a 4 month deal. PLease let me know if i have a legitimate complaint here.

Not to mention I had well over 500 reads in the first hour of writing it!!!

Okay, seems like a valid complaint at first glance. Here's some advice for you:

1. No such thing as a "sore subject" here. Anything goes with these topics, really. The only topic I've ever seen in terms of wrestling really being "sore" was the Benoit death, and that's just because some people thought they'd seem cool to make fun of it. Clearly not what you're doing. But while it's not a sore subject, it is a subject that has been pounded into the ground here.

2. If someone posts in your thread and is bitching about the thread, just ignore them. We have hundreds of regular vsitors here. One person won't make a difference.

3. I'll look into the rest of your complaint.

Thank you IC It is still readable but no one can not longer post to it...I would appreciate if this could be changed....her is the link to the thead

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=1611299#post1611299

And Im not concerned about bitching in my thread everyone does have a right to their opinion.

And have apparently, received negative reputation on it too lol...I dont even really care about that, I like that people dont read the whole post shows they dont care.

Today I recieved a spam infraction and I clearly feel that it is not spam. It was given by Lord Sidious. I feel that it may be that he disagrees with what I have said in my post.

It was a direct response in quotes to another person talking about bringing in the Nasty Boyz, and bringing others for surprise appearances.

I am hoping that the Nasty Boyz were brought in for a short nostalgia feud with team 3D. Then use them to put over the newly signed "Young Bucks" and perhaps some other new tag teams. The tag team wrestling in TNA is wearing a little thin. Outside of 3D and Beer Money, it is pretty lame (including the tag team champions bristish invasion).

I am sure that they will be signing Anderson in the near future. They need to have someone waiting in the wings for a big pop.

I have already taken an hour and a half today to explain this to you. You have to give a position AND support it with details.

In the post I'm referring to about Canadian bands, it is not spam to say I like certain bands and I'm surprised Rush wasn't mentioned, and that I like a few songs from Rush, but not a lot.

Yes, it is spam. You mentioned some of your favorite Canadian bands but you did not attempt to explain or give even one reason as to why you enjoy those bands and why you think that they are so good. Without an explanation, your post is spam, simple as that.

My posts are not spam.

A) Why would you report my post as spamming? I'm a global moderator of this forum, trust me, I know the rules.

B) Did you not even attempt to read the rules?

The RuleBook said:
A. Spamming: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages. The rules on Spamming at WrestleZone Forums are somewhat different than that of most other forums. We require that you give an opinion on a subject, but also to back up your opinion; simply stating that something is good or bad does not add to discussion. What we want to know is why you feel the way you do about a certain subject, to allow other posters to debate your opinion. We do not require an essay for every post, we simply require that you contribute to the topic. Spamming is allowed in the Forums under the Spam Friendly Sections heading, but not in any other Forums. Spamming in a forum where it is disallowed my result in an infraction.

Do you understand now how your post was spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back