The NEW WZ Ask a Staff Member Thread

Discussion in 'Site Administration' started by Slyfox696, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

Okay Dagger let me think about what was in there and I'll let you know. Thanks.

2. Ceen

Ceen Occasional Pre-Show

I cannot read any post by getting in the forum, only the site administration posts. Could you help me with it?

3. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm working on it. I'm not sure what's happened but it'll be fixed soon.

Ceen likes this.
  4. Razz

Razz Pre-Show Stalwart

Posting comments on the news site using your WZ Forums login has not been working for a week or more for me. After clicking login in with WZ Wrestlezone button, typing username password, it just shows a box with a white screen url http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/disqus-sso not progressing or logging in. Tried on multiple computers. Wasn't sure where to ask for help or get this resolved.

5. Spidercanrana

Spidercanrana Should've Reinstated The Fox
    Staff Member Moderator E-Fed Mod

The news site runs on Disqus. You may need a Disqus login to use it. WZ Forums are a separate entity. Hope that clears things up for you.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  6. Razz

Razz Pre-Show Stalwart

On the comments section of each news story you can login in with WZ login, disqus, twitter, facebook or google. The WZ login button bring up another little browser windows which uses the name/password from the forum. I have been using that for a long time. It was working fine till a few days ago. Now after clicking login the little browser windows stays at a white screen. Not sure if the problem is on the WZ website end or Disqus end or how it worked. It seems the WZ login is tied in to disqus someway so you could login to post comments that way.

7. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Truth is none of us on the Forum staff have really been instructed on how the connection with Disqus works. The best advice I can give you is to contact the news page staff or Disqus about the problem. It may be some sort of server issue on their part since logging in here is currently working fine.

I'm sorry if it's not an adequate answer, but it is the best we can do for you here regarding this issue.

8. Garak

Garak Occasional Pre-Show

Why when trying to log into the comment section of the main website using the forum ID, the popup just hangs there and the log in never materialises? It's been doing that for about a week now, and is independent of platform. I've tried on Linux and Windows, yes, cookies are cleared.

It should be pretty obvious that something is wrong, considering a lot of regular posters have stopped posting all at once en masse in the last week.

Incidentally, another issue, the main WZ page hasn't updated forum discussions for what, months?

Lee likes this.
  9. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

As mentioned above ". Truth is none of us on the Forum staff have really been instructed on how the connection with Disqus works. The best advice I can give you is to contact the news page staff or Disqus about the problem. It may be some sort of server issue on their part since logging in here is currently working fine."

Feel free to discuss on the forums however.

Your Second point we've reported. Thanks :)