The Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think the glitching is mostly fixed now. But even with your edit, your post does not meet our criteria for spam.

So will my infraction be reversed then if it does not meet the criteria for spam?

Excuse me, that was poor wording on my part.

Even with your addition, your post is spam. You did not meet the necessary criteria for it to be considered passable. As such, the post you re-posted in the thread has been deleted, but given the confusing post I made previously in this thread, no discipline will be given.

I have a question/complaint/request. Can we have the moving smileys in signatures removed? They're more annoying than anything but it does slow down my browsing a little bit, not much, but enough to notice.

I have a question/complaint/request. Can we have the moving smileys in signatures removed? They're more annoying than anything but it does slow down my browsing a little bit, not much, but enough to notice.

No, it's not really possible. However, I assure you, they don't slow down your browsing. For example:

:lmao:

That smiley is 4 KB in size. By comparison, your sig banner of Albert Pujols is 80 KB. If you follow the link to this next poster:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/member.php?u=32589

That poster's sig banner is 210 KB.

If someone puts a smiley in their signature, then it actually makes you browsing much quicker, considering your own signature is 20x bigger in file size than the rolling smiley. If I put 10 of those rolling smileys in my signature, your sig banner would still take up twice as much file size.

I've received flamey PMs. Is there anything I can do about it? I was going to quote them here but it's not suitable language outside of the Cage.

I don't believe there is. Flaming is fully allowed through the rep system as well as the PM system.

The only thing I could possibly come up with that you could do is use the advantages that The Cage offers. That is if you want to deal with him in the public. PM being the other way to deal with him obviously.

Of course not. But there's nothing that the user did to break the rules from the PM's I can see you quoted into The Cage.

If the PM contains prejudicial remarks, there may be someone we could do. Best ask Sly to be honest.

It's Ok guys. I'm not fussed. I know you go by the rules when it comes to banning. The cage thread is turning into a laugh anyway. And if he carries on flaming, he will be struck through without me being involved any more.

Curious: Do we have a policy on harassment that would be applicable to Numbers' situation?

I have seen times when people have been warned or infracted for going too far in PM's to people. Trolling could be applicable too. If it continues with subject matter that could be considered going "too far", then you could PM it to Sly and get him to pass judgement on it. However, flaming is allowed through rep and PM so it would need to be pretty bad. Nothing I have seen in the Cage thread would lead me to believe that anything would be done about it.

Curious: Do we have a policy on harassment that would be applicable to Numbers' situation?

Yes. any racist, homophobic, or otherwise offensive remarks are not ok through PM. They are allowed in the cage becuase you have to have a passy to get in. No such luck in PM.

Also, yes, if someone is continually harassing you with hate PMs, I will gladly infract them for spamming.

Spamming up your PM inbox.

Just for official notice, if someone keeps sending you messages you don't like, I suggest you put them on you Ignore List. That will keep you from having to see their messages.

The other thing you can do is to ask them not to PM you. If you ask them two or three times to not PM you, and they still do, let me know, and I'll take care of it.

Hello,

I am writing for a clarification on the rule for posting pictures within a rep. This is to head off any future complaint I might have about any future infraction I may or may not receive due to a complaint made about a pic I place in someones rep.

Thanks,

Vash21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo