• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Week 12 LD

I don't think Knox was touched on that onside. Should've been Philly ball. At least review it.

Yes. He was touched. Barely, but there was an Eagle who missed touching him, then reswatted and did (barely) touch his leg.

Yes. It still should've been reviewed. That was too big of a play to simply let slide, but all in all they would've needed solid proof he was or was not touched, to do anything - and no way are you getting that out of all the bodies around him. So, it ultimately would've stood.

Bottomline - when you have to hope a review saves your game; you're likely not going to win, regardless.

I debated and debated on whether I should stick with Schaub or go with Cassel and once again I was burned by choosing Schaub. 17 points by Schaub, 36 points by Cassel on the bench.

As long as Peyton Manning, Vernon Davis, Patrick Crayton, Steve Breaston & San Fran's D don't combine to score 125 pts (more or less) then I'm safely on my way to winning the WZ league game. (currently 153.12-28.20)

26 point lead, opponent only has Jacob Tamme left. 1 point per reception, 1 point per 25 yards. 6 for a TD.

I'm good right?

They've beaten teams that are (currently) 2-9, 3-7, 4-6, and 2-9. Not all that impressive, especially since they were all comebacks late.
You play who is on your schedule. The Patriots are doing the same. Can't fault the Jets for who they play.

Only Rivers is arguable. Vick hasn't played as many games, and Brady has the highest QB rating (although that may change should Rivers have a big game tonight) along with a TD-INT ratio of 23-4.
Good for him. He throws a lot of TDs on a throw all the time team with shit running backs.

And Sanchez is in that second class of QB's. He's not even comparable to Brady. Look at the weapons + defense Sanchez has. Now look at Brady's. And look at Brady's stats (66 comp %, 23-4 TD INT, 105.8 QB Rating) compared to Sanchez (55 comp %, 16-8 TD INT, 81.9 QB Rating) to say that Sanchez is just behind Brady is an insult to how great Brady has been this year with virtually unknowns (and Welker, who Brady help make into a star).
No, to say that Sanchez is way behind Brady, even though Sanchez is the only reason the Jets are 9-2, while the Pats have just as many weapons as the Jets (Welker, the 2 TE's, Moss for 4 games, even people argue that Tae is a huge weapon). Oh, and the whole Sanchez totally outplaying Brady thing earlier in the season. too.

I wouldn't even put Mark in top 5 QB's, and it's not because I'm not a fan of the Jets. He's much improved, but there's still a handful of players I'd take over him.
Hence why I have him not in the top 5, but the top 7 or 8. I'm no fool, I just watch football and appropriately put Mark Sanchez where he belongs this year. The "handful of players" you'd take over him is small (Manning, Brady, Rivers, Ryan, when he plays Vick, MAYBE Brees).

It's still the Steelers, who were thought to be the best team when they both played, and Indy still has Manning. Injuries happen. Those two wins, back to back (with one being on the road) are more impressive then anything the Jets have done.
The Jets DESTROYED the New England Patiots. That's better then anything the Pats ever done. You can't eliminate that. It fucking happened. Oh, and in that game, guess who was the better QB? Not Tom "Jesus" Brady. Mark Fucking Sanchez.

And lol at you saying they aren't hot because they hung on against the Colts and beat a hurt Pittsburgh team. Detroit was dominating the Jets until Stafford went out, the Browns had a defensive lapse late in OT, and the Texans hung a huge 4th quarter on them until they had a defensive lapse. If you're gonna say the Pats aren't hot for winning against 2 good teams, then the Jets definitely AREN'T hot.
Yeah, they won 9 out of their last 10, and 4 in a row. That's the definition of hot right there. The Pats lost more recently, and as such are not as hot.

That was week 2. Cincinnati beat Baltimore in week 2 as well. Seattle beat San Diego in week 3. Does that mean those teams would beat them again? No.
Does that mean they didn't happen? NO. Get your head out of your ass.

And Brady didn't catch hot then, and they still had Moss, who was a distraction. The defense has done better, and Brady's playing at his best.
Moss was a #1 receiver. And Brady wasn't as good as the other QB on the field that day. And no, the D isn't better, it's the same. They give up a shit-ton of points, and happen to get some turnovers.

They've also let teams (Lions, Browns, Texans) take them down to the final minute until pulling it out. It's not like they've been the top dog.
They've come out on top in all those games. Hence they WERE to top dog. And late wins make teams BETTER, not worse.
And NE has signature wins against both Pittsburgh and Indy in back to back weeks, along with a win against Baltimore earlier. Other then NE, the only even average team the Jets have beaten is Miami, who isn't the same w/o their 2 QB's.
1. The Jets beating an at the time 2-0 Miami isn't as impressive because 8 weeks later they lost their 2 top QBs? Are you on fucking crack? The Fins were off to an amazing start, and the Jets derailed them.
2. Minnesota was not only a contender when the Jets played them in Week 5, they were still an excellent football team. The Jets beat them.
3. Again, the Jets beat the very team that everyone says is better then them. But since it helps the Jets argument, it doesn't count.
4. The Houston win IS a signature game. 50 seconds, no timeouts, need a TD, and they fucking do it.
:lmao: at the Jets being as hot as NE, Jets have lucky not hot
The only luck they have is the Detroit game. Every other game the Jets won because they MADE PLAYS at the end of the game.

as far as Sanchez not being far behind Brady, well lets see I would say Brady, Payton, rivers, Rodgers, Vick, & Brees are all clearly above Sanchez, and tbh I would prolly put a healthy Stafford, and Freeman THIS YEAR above him aswell, making Sanchez barely a top ten QB if that
1. Brees got hot recently, but until then he was playing like shit. And as I said a few paragraphs back, Sanchez is 7 or 8, behind the all-pro's you mentioned.
2. You're fucking stupid. You take 1 or 2 games of Matt Stafford (including 1 where his numbers were worse then Mark Sanchez). I'll take 11 games of Mark Sanchez, and have the best record in the NFL because of him. Freeman has been good, no doubt about it. I'd still take Sanchez, but they're on the same level.
3. Even with the guys you mentioned (excluding Stafford, which is just you being on crack), it's not like it's ridiculously far behind them. Somewhat behind them yes, but it's closer then you give it credit for.

I thought I added him, yeah he's clearly up there as well, hell you could even make a case for Fitzpatrick really
Roethlisberger missed 4 games, and the team was just as good without him. Need I say more.

Stats wise, yeah, but the Bills are 2-9. While that can't be blamed on Fitzpatrick, Sanchez has done that - win games.

However, going up against guys on teams that also have winning records, he's definitely not a top QB. David Garrard and Matt Cassel are having good years as well and are unexpectedly having their teams at the top of the division.
1. Fitz is having a good FANTASY season. That doesn't mean he's having a good SEASON. If that's the case, then lets put Carson Palmer up there, since he's been having a pretty decent Fantasy season. He just puts the numbers up after his team is trailing by a ton and he needs to throw all the time to get the team back in it (similarly to Fitz).
2. David Garrard. Really? This is proof if anything that you're talking out of your ass. The Jags tried to fucking BENCH Garrard, he was so terrible at one point. They even brought in TRENT EDWARDS for god sake. TRENT EDWARDS!!!
3. Cassel is playing the easiest schedule in the NFL. And he hasn't been all that. He's been good, but nothing special.

Bullshit call.

He hit him half a second after he throw it. He couldn't stop on a dime because he still would have hit him if he did.

Still lead with his helmet which is a no no
Actually, a perfect call. As Justin said, led with the helmet. That's always been a penalty. Hell, Fitz could have been holding the ball, and it would have (and should have) been called.

Got bad news for Harrison. He gonna be AT LEAST $50,000 cheaper (likely more since he's a repeat offender), and they NEED to suspend him a game. They told the players that leading with your helmet like that will be heavily fined, and possibly even suspensions. He didn't learn from the heavy fine(s), so now it's time for him to sit out next weeks game.

Good for him. He throws a lot of TDs on a throw all the time team with shit running backs.

Sanchez - 364 attempts.
Brady - 356 attempts.

Strike one.

No, to say that Sanchez is way behind Brady, even though Sanchez is the only reason the Jets are 9-2, while the Pats have just as many weapons as the Jets (Welker, the 2 TE's, Moss for 4 games, even people argue that Tae is a huge weapon). Oh, and the whole Sanchez totally outplaying Brady thing earlier in the season. too.

Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Smith, Tomlinson, Greene - Jets Weapons
Welker, 2 Rookie TE's, Deion Branch (who wasn't anything special in Seattle), Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate (who was only a return man last year) and the 2-3 RB's they use - Patriots weapons

Plus, Jets Defense >>>>>>> Pats D

You tell me, who's weapons would you rather have? Only Welker (and possibly one of the TEs) would for sure start on the Jets. Sanchez has the weapons that most teams can only dream of. Strike 2.

Hence why I have him not in the top 5, but the top 7 or 8. I'm no fool, I just watch football and appropriately put Mark Sanchez where he belongs this year. The "handful of players" you'd take over him is small (Manning, Brady, Rivers, Ryan, when he plays Vick, MAYBE Brees).

To win me one game right now, I'd have Brady, Vick, Manning, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, and maybe even Flacco and Freeman before I take Sanchez. That's 8 for sure, possibly 10.

The Jets DESTROYED the New England Patiots. That's better then anything the Pats ever done. You can't eliminate that. It fucking happened. Oh, and in that game, guess who was the better QB? Not Tom "Jesus" Brady. Mark Fucking Sanchez.

14 points isn't destroyed. Especially when the game was still in doubt until the last 5-6 minutes. But there's a lot of times lesser QB's do better then better QB's in a game, which is what this situation was. One game, early in the season. You're still finding an identity then. This game will be more of an indication of where Mark is.

Yeah, they won 9 out of their last 10, and 4 in a row. That's the definition of hot right there. The Pats lost more recently, and as such are not as hot.

They've beaten better opponents though and haven't had to squeak by against bad teams. But I guess we'll see about that next week.

Does that mean they didn't happen? NO. Get your head out of your ass.

Fluke wins happen. Their run game has improved, as has the pass game.

Moss was a #1 receiver. And Brady wasn't as good as the other QB on the field that day. And no, the D isn't better, it's the same. They give up a shit-ton of points, and happen to get some turnovers.

Sanchez was better for one game. Everyone would still take Brady though.

And Sanchez has thrown a pick in every game in the last 6.

They've come out on top in all those games. Hence they WERE to top dog. And late wins make teams BETTER, not worse.

Then the Pats should be better because they've won their close games against better opponents.

2. Minnesota was not only a contender when the Jets played them in Week 5, they were still an excellent football team. The Jets beat them.

Minnesota was 1-2 with their lone win coming against the Lions. They still didn't have Rice, and Favre was playing pretty garbage like. Besides, they're bad now. Give me some wins against teams with playoff contenders.

3. Again, the Jets beat the very team that everyone says is better then them. But since it helps the Jets argument, it doesn't count.

So since the Ravens beat the Jets they're better then the Jets, right? Because that's exactly what you're implying. As are the Packers.

4. The Houston win IS a signature game. 50 seconds, no timeouts, need a TD, and they fucking do it.

It shouldn't have even come down to that. They blew a huge lead, then had to come back against the leagues worst pass D.
1. Fitz is having a good FANTASY season. That doesn't mean he's having a good SEASON. If that's the case, then lets put Carson Palmer up there, since he's been having a pretty decent Fantasy season. He just puts the numbers up after his team is trailing by a ton and he needs to throw all the time to get the team back in it (similarly to Fitz).

I said Fitzpatrick wasn't as good as Sanchez, because he hasn't picked up the wins. Some haven't been his fault (like the drop by Johnson today in OT) but I wouldn't put him above Sanchez anyways.

2. David Garrard. Really? This is proof if anything that you're talking out of your ass. The Jags tried to fucking BENCH Garrard, he was so terrible at one point. They even brought in TRENT EDWARDS for god sake. TRENT EDWARDS!!!

They are 6-5 and he's had some late game heroics. I'd put him below, but he's only slightly, if not just behind Sanchez.

3. Cassel is playing the easiest schedule in the NFL. And he hasn't been all that. He's been good, but nothing special.

And Sanchez has a top 5 defense + run game. And Cassel has been more then 'nothing special':

22-4 TD/INT ratio, 60+ completion % (not sure what exacts are since they haven't caculated todays game in yet), 96+ rating (sure to go up after todays game) and has this team at 7-4, leading the division, in a prime spot to get into the playoffs, despite only Bowe and Moeaki being good threats receiving (Charles + Jones are good as well, but RBs). While they are a run first team, he's been a great surprise.

Strike three.

Actually, a perfect call. As Justin said, led with the helmet. That's always been a penalty. Hell, Fitz could have been holding the ball, and it would have (and should have) been called.

Got bad news for Harrison. He gonna be AT LEAST $50,000 cheaper (likely more since he's a repeat offender), and they NEED to suspend him a game. They told the players that leading with your helmet like that will be heavily fined, and possibly even suspensions. He didn't learn from the heavy fine(s), so now it's time for him to sit out next weeks game.

What exactly was he supposed to do, snap his head back at the last second? The last 2 weeks have just been ridiculous penalty wise. The 2 roughing the passer calls last week were 10 times worst than this one, which was a bad call. It's just silly at this point.

This is the ridiculousness that was last week's game. I don't really have a problem with the Clark call, other than they called it helmet to helmet when he hit him in the small of the back.

Harrison call was absolutely atrocious.

What exactly was he supposed to do, snap his head back at the last second? The last 2 weeks have just been ridiculous penalty wise. The 2 roughing the passer calls last week were 10 times worst than this one, which was a bad call. It's just silly at this point.

Leading with your helmet is against the rules, so what he should have done is NOT LEAD WITH HIS FUCKING HELMET!!!!!

He knows the rules, he's been warned and fined for the same thing before, maybe he should work on his technique and change how he tackles, so that he's not leading with his mother fucking helmet:shrug:

I suppose he James Harrison does deserved to get fined and suspended (according to you guys) for hitting someone hard during a play but if someone did something like punch a QB in the face after a play that'd just be a 25,000 dollar fine. Seems fair.

Also, leading with your helmet doesn't really matter. No helmet at all on the Campbell hit, yet a flag anyway.

Sanchez - 364 attempts.
Brady - 356 attempts.

Strike one.
Jets: 750 offensive plays
Patriots: 664 offensive plays. The Pats pass more.

Ball 1

Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Smith, Tomlinson, Greene - Jets Weapons
Welker, 2 Rookie TE's, Deion Branch (who wasn't anything special in Seattle), Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate (who was only a return man last year) and the 2-3 RB's they use - Patriots weapons

Plus, Jets Defense >>>>>>> Pats D

You tell me, who's weapons would you rather have? Only Welker (and possibly one of the TEs) would for sure start on the Jets. Sanchez has the weapons that most teams can only dream of. Strike 2.
1. When Moss was traded, everyone talked about how Tate is better then him, and everyone gushes about how Wes Welker is the 2nd coming. Hence why I say the Pats had better weapons, because people want you to think so.
2. Jets D has been shit before this past week. You yourself admitted so, when you said they couldn't make a stop.
3. I'd rather have the Jets weapons. But OH WAIT, THE PATS ARE THE BETTER TEAM AND WILL WIN THE GAME BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER THEN THE JETS, EVEN THOUGH THE JETS HAVE BETTER PLAYERS, AND HAVE BEATEN THEM BEFORE.

Ball 2

To win me one game right now, I'd have Brady, Vick, Manning, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, and maybe even Flacco and Freeman before I take Sanchez. That's 8 for sure, possibly 10.
and I'll take Sanchez, and I'll win the games, since HE'S DONE IT ALL THE FUCKING TIME THIS SEASON.

Ball 3.

14 points isn't destroyed. Especially when the game was still in doubt until the last 5-6 minutes. But there's a lot of times lesser QB's do better then better QB's in a game, which is what this situation was. One game, early in the season. You're still finding an identity then. This game will be more of an indication of where Mark is.
No, The past 11 games will do more for Sanchez then 1 game coming up. Marks EASILY a Top 10 right now, and as I said top 7 or 8, and anyone who thinks differently is obviously just a Jet Hater.

They've beaten better opponents though and haven't had to squeak by against bad teams. But I guess we'll see about that next week.
The Pats couldn't even squeak by a bad Cleveland team (one that the Jets defeated the next week). But again, since that disproves your point, it doesn't count, right?

Fluke wins happen. Their run game has improved, as has the pass game.
1. So the Jets 9 wins are all flukes? No, it's called skill, and outplaying your opponent, especially come crunch time, when the Jets have done it more then any other team this year.
2. The only fluke win the Jets had was the Detroit game, and at the end of the day the Jets still made the fucking plays to win it (driving down the field twice in 5 minutes and in OT).
3. So the Pats improved. And the Jets didn't? That's a load of shit. The QB had his 3 best games of his career this month, the receiving corps come on, the O-Line has improved GREATLY, and they were finally able to get pressure on the QB recently.

Ball 3
Sanchez was better for one game. Everyone would still take Brady though.
All I've said is that it's closer then you're giving it credit for. Brady is having a great season, no doubt about it. Mark Sanchez is also having a great season, and you're doubting it, even though there really is no doubt about it.
And Sanchez has thrown a pick in every game in the last 6.
Whoopty-do. They are 5-1, and have won most of those games BECAUSE of the QB play (bad run-game, bad D). Plus, if you actually saw some of the picks, it wasn't as big of a deal as you would think. Hell, the pick in the Cleveland game was the reason the Jets WON the game (set up poor field position). The picks in the Green Bay game were simultaneous receptions that the refs gave to the Packers (only 1 should have gone to GB).

Then the Pats should be better because they've won their close games against better opponents.
The only close game against a good team was the Baltimore game. The Bills suck (8 point win). The Chargers aren't good (3 point win). The Colt game falls into the same boat as the Jet games (which you are using against the Jets, so they count against the Pats).

Minnesota was 1-2 with their lone win coming against the Lions. They still didn't have Rice, and Favre was playing pretty garbage like. Besides, they're bad now. Give me some wins against teams with playoff contenders.
Minnesota was a playoff contender until the Jets got through with them.
Miami was a playoff contender til the Jets got through with them.
New England is a playoff contender, and is the team in question.

So since the Ravens beat the Jets they're better then the Jets, right? Because that's exactly what you're implying. As are the Packers.
No, as I've said about 908732492345 times before, when all else is equal, the tiebreaker is head to head. The Jets and Pats are equal (9-2). The Jets beat he Pats. Hence Jets>Pats. Ravens are 8-3. Packers are 7-4. Hence all else not being equal.

It shouldn't have even come down to that. They blew a huge lead, then had to come back against the leagues worst pass D.
but it did come down to that, and the QB got the fucking job done. It was a signature win for the QB (much like the 3 others before it.

I said Fitzpatrick wasn't as good as Sanchez, because he hasn't picked up the wins. Some haven't been his fault (like the drop by Johnson today in OT) but I wouldn't put him above Sanchez anyways.
Justin was saying Fitz, hence why I had to defend there.

They are 6-5 and he's had some late game heroics. I'd put him below, but he's only slightly, if not just behind Sanchez.
Late game heroics. You mean throw a Hail Mary that is swatted right into the hands of the receiver? Give me a break. That's the definition of luck right there, and Garrard (and any Jags fan with a third of a brain) would say it's luck too.

And Sanchez has a top 5 defense + run game. And Cassel has been more then 'nothing special':

22-4 TD/INT ratio, 60+ completion % (not sure what exacts are since they haven't caculated todays game in yet), 96+ rating (sure to go up after todays game) and has this team at 7-4, leading the division, in a prime spot to get into the playoffs, despite only Bowe and Moeaki being good threats receiving (Charles + Jones are good as well, but RBs). While they are a run first team, he's been a great surprise.

Strike three.
So he's 7-4 against a shit schedule with pretty good numbers where he (as you admit) isn't the primary ball-mover. Good for that. Sanchez is 9-2 against a better schedule and IS the primary ball-mover.

Swinging for the fences on 3-0, hits an Albert Pujols off of Brad Lidge in the 05 NLCS like blast that will stay in orbit for about 5 years.

Leading with your helmet is against the rules, so what he should have done is NOT LEAD WITH HIS FUCKING HELMET!!!!!

He knows the rules, he's been warned and fined for the same thing before, maybe he should work on his technique and change how he tackles, so that he's not leading with his mother fucking helmet:shrug:
Justin's right on point. He knowingly does something that will knowingly get him fined/suspended and he knowingly intentionally does it anyway. I'm knowingly going to call him a fucking cheapshot artist, since that's what he is, and I'm KNOWINGLY going to say that he should and will be fined, and better be suspended, since he is not only risking the very lives of the opposing players, but his own as well.

The only people that seem to have problems with these calls are fucking Stealer fans, maybe if you defense didn't play so fucking dirty....
Bingo.
I suppose he James Harrison does deserved to get fined and suspended (according to you guys) for hitting someone hard during a play but if someone did something like punch a QB in the face after a play that'd just be a 25,000 dollar fine. Seems fair.
it's not hitting hard. It's leading with the helmet. As I and the NFL have said about 234978234780930982692129818027349876342523892398908751651965 times, you can hit someone hard and do it legally. Harrison doesn't do that. He leads with his head, which WILL cause SERIOUS, POTENTIALLY LIFE-THREATENING INJURY. Hence the flags/fines/hopeful suspensions.
Also, leading with your helmet doesn't really matter. No helmet at all on the Campbell hit, yet a flag anyway.
Yes it DOES matter, dumbass. Again. LEADING WITH THE FUCKING HELMET IS POTENTIALLY FUCKING FATAL. THE NFL DOESN'T WANT SOMEONE DYING ON THE FUCKING FIELD BECAUSE OF A COMPLETELY ILLEGAL AND SENSELESS ACT OF VIOLENCE. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL, YOU STUPID PIECE OF DONKEY SHIT.

That's what he is gonna get suspended for this week. Leading with the helmet, and not only leading with the helmet, but connecting helmet to helmet. Last week the commentator said it was for driving him to the ground, which is a penalty in the NFL, and is called against every player that does it. Your supposed to take the defenseless passer, wrap him up, and fall to the ground with him. Harrison hit and drove him to the ground. That's pretty cut and dry to me (and anyone with a third of a brain). I guess I understand why you don't get it though, being that you're a fucking ****** and all.

1. When Moss was traded, everyone talked about how Tate is better then him, and everyone gushes about how Wes Welker is the 2nd coming. Hence why I say the Pats had better weapons, because people want you to think so.

Anyone who thinks Tate is better then Moss, even this year, is beyond ******ed. Don't feed me that shit. And Welker has been their only proven weapon, which is why I said he'd be the only one that starts on the Jets. Edwards, Holmes, LT, Greene, and maybe even Keller would all start on the Pats.

2. Jets D has been shit before this past week. You yourself admitted so, when you said they couldn't make a stop.

Still better by miles then the Pats.
3. I'd rather have the Jets weapons. But OH WAIT, THE PATS ARE THE BETTER TEAM AND WILL WIN THE GAME BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER THEN THE JETS, EVEN THOUGH THE JETS HAVE BETTER PLAYERS, AND HAVE BEATEN THEM BEFORE.

I'd take them for the sole reason of A) Belichick and B) Brady being better then A) Ryan and B) Sanchez.

and I'll take Sanchez, and I'll win the games, since HE'S DONE IT ALL THE FUCKING TIME THIS SEASON.

Every guy I gave team's is in either first or second in the division currently and are in teh playoff hunt. Pretty sure being in the playoffs means you're winning.

No, The past 11 games will do more for Sanchez then 1 game coming up. Marks EASILY a Top 10 right now, and as I said top 7 or 8, and anyone who thinks differently is obviously just a Jet Hater.

Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks that, as justinsayne said he would as well. In no particular order: Brady, Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Rodgers, Vick, and Brees are all ahead of him, and Cassel, Eli Manning, and Garrard are right behind him.
The Pats couldn't even squeak by a bad Cleveland team (one that the Jets defeated the next week). But again, since that disproves your point, it doesn't count, right?

One loss that they came out flat. Whoop de do. Show me what they did against good teams. I believe Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis were all wins for the Pats. And since you wanna include the Phins for the Jets, how about we include them for the Pats who they absolutely killed? Where are the Jets multiple wins against good teams?

1. So the Jets 9 wins are all flukes? No, it's called skill, and outplaying your opponent, especially come crunch time, when the Jets have done it more then any other team this year.

Nope, but their one against NE may be. Never discounted the others. We'll see about that next week.

3. So the Pats improved. And the Jets didn't? That's a load of shit. The QB had his 3 best games of his career this month, the receiving corps come on, the O-Line has improved GREATLY, and they were finally able to get pressure on the QB recently.

Erm, it was the Lions, Browns, Texans, and Bengals. Not exactly world beaters, are they?

All I've said is that it's closer then you're giving it credit for. Brady is having a great season, no doubt about it. Mark Sanchez is also having a great season, and you're doubting it, even though there really is no doubt about it.

I said he's in the 2nd tier, but there's still at least 8 (and up to possibly 11) guys that I'd take before Mark and are having better seasons then him.

Whoopty-do. They are 5-1, and have won most of those games BECAUSE of the QB play (bad run-game, bad D). Plus, if you actually saw some of the picks, it wasn't as big of a deal as you would think. Hell, the pick in the Cleveland game was the reason the Jets WON the game (set up poor field position). The picks in the Green Bay game were simultaneous receptions that the refs gave to the Packers (only 1 should have gone to GB).

You said the Pats team only got turnovers. I was mentioning that Sanchez has turned it over at least 1 time each of the past 6 games. Should've pointed that out, my bad.

The only close game against a good team was the Baltimore game. The Bills suck (8 point win). The Chargers aren't good (3 point win). The Colt game falls into the same boat as the Jet games (which you are using against the Jets, so they count against the Pats).

The Chargers are just starting to get hot like they normally do each year. And you can't tell me the Colts are on the same level as the Browns and Lions. Not with Manning.
Minnesota was a playoff contender until the Jets got through with them.
Miami was a playoff contender til the Jets got through with them.
New England is a playoff contender, and is the team in question.

Nobody is a playoff contender 4 weeks in the season. That's all just ridiculous preseason chatter.

No, as I've said about 908732492345 times before, when all else is equal, the tiebreaker is head to head. The Jets and Pats are equal (9-2). The Jets beat he Pats. Hence Jets>Pats. Ravens are 8-3. Packers are 7-4. Hence all else not being equal.

A one game difference isn't much at all. Not as much as you're making it out to be.

Late game heroics. You mean throw a Hail Mary that is swatted right into the hands of the receiver? Give me a break. That's the definition of luck right there, and Garrard (and any Jags fan with a third of a brain) would say it's luck too.

The same could be said for
-The Lions letting the Jets get 10 points after their QB goes out and allowing Holmes to go about 50 yards in overtime for a GW FG (which you've admitted is luck)
-The Browns standing around and watching Santonio Holmes run right by them in OT
and -the Texans allowing Edwards to catch a ball inside of the red zone with less then 1/2 minute to play.

Oh, but since it's for the Jets, it's all SKILL according to you. My ass.

So he's 7-4 against a shit schedule with pretty good numbers where he (as you admit) isn't the primary ball-mover. Good for that. Sanchez is 9-2 against a better schedule and IS the primary ball-mover.

Chiefs schedule might be bad, but the Jets aren't beating world beaters. They've beaten exactly 2 teams with a winning record: The Pats, and the 6-5 Dolphins. They've played the likes of the Vikings, Bills, Broncos, Lions, Browns, Texans, and Bengals.

Swinging for the fences on 3-0, hits an Albert Pujols off of Brad Lidge in the 05 NLCS like blast that will stay in orbit for about 5 years.

It's more like ND trying for a TD against Tulsa, when they only need a FG, and getting it picked off, resulting in ND feeling like jackasses.I know you'll enjoy that one

But I guess it's useless arguing about this until after next week, so enough quote wars for tonight.

Actually, I was disappointed in your use of language replying to GD's post.
Sorry, it's just been every week with him. Every week Harrison deservingly gets penalized/fined, and every week he bitches about how it's not fair that Harrison is a cheapshot artist who needs to be suspended. It's gotten old. Hence the tone of voice.

Hey Mr. Rivers sir, could you do me a tiny favor and please toss the rock to Floyd a couple times, perhaps once or twice in the endzone?, that would be just great, thank you and have a nice day...errr night

Anyone who thinks Tate is better then Moss, even this year, is beyond ******ed. Don't feed me that shit. And Welker has been their only proven weapon, which is why I said he'd be the only one that starts on the Jets. Edwards, Holmes, LT, Greene, and maybe even Keller would all start on the Pats.
Tell that to the people who said the Pats were a better team without Moss. They were wrong. Talent-wise, they were worse.

I'd take them for the sole reason of A) Belichick and B) Brady being better then A) Ryan and B) Sanchez.
I'll take the latter and be happy by the way. And 2 people do not make a team unbeatable. The 2 teams are neck and neck, I'm just fighting for my team, which people try to say has no chance.

Every guy I gave team's is in either first or second in the division currently and are in teh playoff hunt. Pretty sure being in the playoffs means you're winning.
The Jets have the best record in the NFL. Outside of Brady/Ryan, no other QB in the league can say that. Sanchez is winning better then all but 3 QBs.

Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks that, as justinsayne said he would as well. In no particular order: Brady, Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Rodgers, Vick, and Brees are all ahead of him, and Cassel, Eli Manning, and Garrard are right behind him.
As I've said, Brady, Rivers, Peyton, Ryan are all clearly ahead of him. Vick didn't play every game (BIG knock on him), and Brees was shit for a while. Rodgers is on the Sanchez level so far this year.

One loss that they came out flat. Whoop de do. Show me what they did against good teams. I believe Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis were all wins for the Pats. And since you wanna include the Phins for the Jets, how about we include them for the Pats who they absolutely killed? Where are the Jets multiple wins against good teams?
They beat who is on the schedule. You can't blame them for that. They are yet to lose to a bad team. The Pats did that.

Nope, but their one against NE may be. Never discounted the others. We'll see about that next week.
Bullshit. It wasn't a fluke victory, and you know it. They outplayed them in every facet of the game. That's not a fluke victory. That's a team being better on that day (and maybe in general).

Erm, it was the Lions, Browns, Texans, and Bengals. Not exactly world beaters, are they?
It's who was on the schedule. What do you want the Jets to do? Magically play the Colts or something?

I said he's in the 2nd tier, but there's still at least 8 (and up to possibly 11) guys that I'd take before Mark and are having better seasons then him.
No way in hell are there 11 guys. as I said, 6 or 7. I previously mentioned them. Any other guy is at BEST on a similar level as Sanchez this year. Saying or thinking otherwise is stupid.

You said the Pats team only got turnovers. I was mentioning that Sanchez has turned it over at least 1 time each of the past 6 games. Should've pointed that out, my bad.
And so Sanchez will turn it over once this week. 1 TO doesn't mean much of anything. I was just disproving the whole Sanchez throwing a pick thing.

The Chargers are just starting to get hot like they normally do each year. And you can't tell me the Colts are on the same level as the Browns and Lions. Not with Manning.
I can tell you the victory is the same. They blew a big lead. No denying that. That game was heading for OT, but they threw a pick in field goal range.

Nobody is a playoff contender 4 weeks in the season. That's all just ridiculous preseason chatter.
Not playoff contender, but a good team yes. Minnesota and Miami were good teams when they played them.

A one game difference isn't much at all. Not as much as you're making it out to be.
a 1 game difference will be enough to decide Home Field Advantage, and in the AFC East, it will determine the difference between the #1 and #5 seed. So yes, 1 game is a HUGE, HUGE DIFFERENCE.

The same could be said for
-The Lions letting the Jets get 10 points after their QB goes out and allowing Holmes to go about 50 yards in overtime for a GW FG (which you've admitted is luck)
No, the only luck was on the defensive end, throwing a pass on 3rd down with 1:50 to go and no Timeouts for the Jets. Everything else was the Jets making a play (no luck there mate, sorry).
-The Browns standing around and watching Santonio Holmes run right by them in OT
Actually, the slant was completed (no luck whatsoever), and the 2 defenders ran into each other (not all luck at all, mostly good route running with a bit of poor tackling). And even if they make the tackle, they were in FG range. No way Folk was missing 4 kicks that game.
-the Texans allowing Edwards to catch a ball inside of the red zone with less then 1/2 minute to play.
Actually, it was a perfect throw. Yes, the Safety didn't get over, but it's not like they simply allowed it. The QB made a perfect throw, hit the receiver in stride, and he was hit out of bounds. Yes, the Texans are a bad defense, but that's not luck, it actually is SKILL. Sorry.

Oh, but since it's for the Jets, it's all SKILL according to you. My ass.
You were syaing it was all luck. THAT is bullshit. There was MINIMAL luck, and the fucking Jets made some fucking plays. Get that through your thick skull, man.

It's more like ND trying for a TD against Tulsa, when they only need a FG, and getting it picked off, resulting in ND feeling like jackasses.I know you'll enjoy that

Fuck you. It could be worse. At least the other team had to make a play, unlike having your STAR WIDE RECEIVER bring in game winning TD inside 2 minutes only to intentionally drop it, forcing a good incomplete call and a Lions loss. I know you'll enjoy that

But I guess it's useless arguing about this until after next week, so enough quote wars for tonight.
Yeah, you make points that warrant a rebuttal, then say it's over. Sorry, but I had to reply.

All I want is for people to admit that this is a competitive game. It seems everyone is picking the Pats and not giving the Jets a chance, which is a load of shit, and even those saying that know it.

Dude, Trooper this isn't the cage, you may want to watch the flamein'

just sayin'
yeah, I might have gone a bit overboard there. My apologies. I should have been nicer in my pointing out the obvious.

Pick 6. #3 on Manning already.
Yep. And just to make sure it is mentioned, there was blatant Defensive Pass Interference which caused the receiver to fall, but was missed by the refs. It happens. Such is life.

Nobody is saying the Pats were gonna blow the Jets out. Most people are saying the Pats will win because it's A) at NE and B) Brady's playing at his best. Nobody said it was gonna be a blow out. No idea where you got that from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back