• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL 2012/13 Playoffs LD

Because of a bad decision late in overtime of a game that should have ended in regulation? Peyton didn't give up a 70 yard prayer with 31 seconds left. He is a top 3 all time quarterback no questions asked. He doesn't need to play another snap and that statement would hold true.

I agree. Denver's secondary and John Fox's conservative playcalling deserve more of the blame than Peyton does for that loss.

Seattle has all of the momentum now. Hindsight is 20/20 but the Seahawks would love to go back to the first half and kick a couple field goals rather then go for touchdowns in a couple situations.

I agree. Denver's secondary and John Fox's conservative playcalling deserve more of the blame than Peyton does for that loss.

Matt Praters missed FG in the first half deserve a little blame as well, though I agree Fox & the secondary deserve most of the blame.

Because of a bad decision late in overtime of a game that should have ended in regulation? Peyton didn't give up a 70 yard prayer with 31 seconds left. He is a top 3 all time quarterback no questions asked. He doesn't need to play another snap and that statement would hold true.

9-11 in the postseason. I can certainly ask those questions.

That loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Denver's secondary. Manning should never have been out in the position to throw that INT, as the game should have been over. Up by a touchdown, less than a minute left, no timeouts remaining, with over half the field to cover, and Denver allows the tying TD on a virtual Hail Mary? If I were Peyton, I'd be sleeping like a baby after that game, with no guilt on my shoulders whatsoever.

I guess we can just forget Peyton Manning going Brett Favre on that interception. Maybe it shouldn't have gotten to that point, but Manning threw the pick. Can't let that slide.

20 games in the postseason. If you look at the guys who have started as many postseason games as Manning, none of their records aren't overly impressive. Hell, Marino is 8-10.

Montana: 16-7
Brady: 16-6
Favre: 13-11
Elway: 14-7
Bradshaw: 14-5

Other then Tom Brady and Joe Montana I don't see a legitimate argument for any other qb to be ranked ahead of Peyton on the all time list.

20 games in the postseason. If you look at the guys who have started as many postseason games as Manning, none of their records aren't overly impressive. Hell, Marino is 8-10.

Mr. Brady might disagree with you on this point. 16-6. That's 22 postseason games, and a far more impressive winning percentage. Plus several Superbowl victories and a couple of very close runner up finishes.

Mr. Brady might disagree with you on this point. 16-6. That's 22 postseason games, and a far more impressive winning percentage. Plus several Superbowl victories and a couple of very close runner up finishes.

He's on a streak of what, 8 years being beaten in the postseason? Besides, I'm not arguing that he's the best ever, I'd put Brady at #2 all time. Maybe #1 when he's done.

Other then Tom Brady and Joe Montana I don't see a legitimate argument for any other qb to be ranked ahead of Peyton on the all time list.

I got Elway and Favre above Peyton.

4 of the best QBs of all time and the single best "Game Manager" ever. And they all have at least 5 losses. Again, not overly impressive and not much better than Manning.

In what world are Brady's and Montana's postseason records considered "not overly impressive or not much better" than Manning's. 16 wins is a pretty big gap from just 9.

I got Elway and Favre above Peyton.

Elway makes sense but Favre? Absolutely no way is he even close to Manning.

In what world are Brady's and Montana's postseason records considered "not overly impressive or not much better" than Manning's. 16 wins is a pretty big gap from just 9.

Compare the talent surrounding those guys to what Manning's been working with his whole career. How many Hall of Famers were on those 49ers teams? Now how many were on Manning's?

He's on a streak of what, 8 years being beaten in the postseason? Besides, I'm not arguing that he's the best ever, I'd put Brady at #2 all time. Maybe #1 when he's done.

Don't forget, two of the losses over those 8 years took a virtual miracle to happen. He could easily, very easily, have two more Superbowl victories in his back pocket. Not to mention this year, where he has to be seen as having a reasonably good chance to possibly secure another. And he's still only 35 years old.

By the way, I wasn't paying close attention earlier. Was this game 27-0 at one point?

Lol... this has been a choke job of epic proportions. I fucking LOVE it.

Seattle's secondary just better not pull a Denver....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back