25 Baltimore Ravens
26 Arizona Cardinals
27 Dallas Cowboys
28 San Diego Chargers
29 New York Jets
30 Minnesota Vikings
31 Indianapolis Colts
32 New Orleans Saints

So who is going #1? Who will be left for the CFL to draft? When is Tim Tebow going? Will Ben still be a Steeler after this all?

Discuss

Bradford is definetly going to be #1, assuming the Rams hold onto the pick, as there has been some trade talk. Don't think that will happen though and the Rams get a franchise QB, something they desparately need at the momenth with AJ Feely being the only QB on the roster at the moment.

The Steelers are the other top story here. If we don't trade Ben, we get a solid offensive lineman, hopefully Iuputi from Idaho, followed by some defensive back and wide receiver help in the later rounds. Don't even want to talk about the disaster that would be a trade.

I think Tebow will go in the first round. The Bills absolutely love him, but #9 is a little to high for him to go. I think they'll try to trade down to somewhere in the 20s where a Tebow pick would be a little more reasonable. I actually think he'll be a pretty good NFL QB. He has the right attitude and did nothing but win in college.

Hoping for Cj Spiller and Taylor Mayes, or the Derrick Morgan out of GA Tech,

A lot of people are calling for someone to anchor the RT position, but this draft has crazy depth.

If we dont get Spiller, Jahvid Best should be there for us in the 2nd round

Who's your team, Norcs?

I'm pulling for Berry, honestly. I know the Skins need Wililams or Okung, but I think Berry will be the better player longer and when you pick this high; you need a pro-bowler for the next decade.

The Sf 49ers, m'boy.

I think Okung could be that caliber player, although Eric Berry would be nothing to shake a stick at. I could see how you could make that detirmination.

The Sf 49ers, m'boy.

I think Okung could be that caliber player, although Eric Berry would be nothing to shake a stick at. I could see how you could make that detirmination.

Okung is good, but he's not Ryan Clady good. He'll be a serviceable LT, but we can get that later in the NFL. Heck, most teams go to war with late round/UDFA rookies on their line.

49ers? There are talks you may be hockin' over those 2 First rounders for our number 4. :D

I'm crossing my fingers and praying to God the Rams don't fuck this up, but it is the Rams who gave Marc Bulger the biggest contract in team history. I'm betting that whoever the pick is becomes a bust comparable to Ryan Leaf. I hate football season :(

I don't think that would be getting the right value for the pick though seeing that they will most likely go for Bradford, Big Ben is proven and is probably the 5th or 6th best QB in the game but he has a few years on him already with a history of concussions. For the first pick I'd gamble on Bradford because he is younger and has the potential to be great. But potential gets people fired.

I love the draft, I'll be bouncing in and out of year occasionally. The Vikes are in a good position. We don't have a huge need that we must draft. We pick up a quality CB today in Lito Sheppard to fill the depth there. We can truly go BPA at our selection. I'm pulling for Maurkice Pouncey out of Florida. I would love to get that kid on our line.

I really hope that Rolando Mclain is on the board when the Jags pick. The Giants are reportedly very interested in him, so we could work out a deal and get the Giants 1st and 3rd Round picks. Then at what would have been the Giants pick, we take the Best Available Player, which would hopefully be Joe Haden, but I doubt he'll still be there.

IN GENE WE TRUST

St. Louis Rams-Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma
Detroit Lions-Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
Washington Redskins-Russell Okung, OT Oklahoma State
Kansas City Chiefs-Brian Bulaga, OT Iowa
Seattle Seahawks-Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma
Cleveland Browns-Eric Berry, S Tennessee
Oakland Raiders-Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland
Buffalo Bills-Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame
Jacksonville Jaguars-Earl Thomas, CB/S Texas
Denver Broncos-Dez Bryant, WR Oklahoma State
Miami Dolphins-Dan Williams, DT Tennessee
San Francisco 49ers-Joe Haden, CB Florida
Seattle Seahawks-CJ Spiller, RB Clemson
New York Giants-Rolando McClain, MLB Alabama
Tennessee Titans-Jason Pierre-Paul, DE South Florida
San Francisco 49ers-Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan
Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Iupati, OG Idaho
Atlanta Falcons-Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech
Houston Texans-Kyle Wilson, CB Boise State
Cincinnati Bengals-Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
New England Patriots-Jared Odrick, DE/DT Penn State
Green Bay Packers-Charles Brown, OT Southern California
Philadelphia Eagles-Maurkice Pouncey, OG/C Florida
Baltimore Ravens-Devin McCourty, CB Rutgers
Arizona Cardinals-Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas
Dallas Cowboys-Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers
San Diego Chargers-Ryan Matthews, RB Fresno State
New York Jets-Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB Texas Christian
Minnesota Vikings-Tim Tebow, QB Florida
Indianapolis Colts-Rodger Saffold, OT Indiana
New Orleans Saints- Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri

There is my mock draft that I just whipped together. The thing will probably change a hundred times before tomorrow lol. Tebow is the only pick I'm not sure about. As a Vikings fan I'd much rather see us trade back and get him, but I can live with him at 30 if he is truly the best option.

[youtube]rZxNeFLuY98[/youtube]

Fast-forward to 36 seconds for hilarity.

Also, I have an Insider subscription... if you want me to tell you who Kiper and McShay project for your team, let me know and I'll post it.

Reactions: gd
[youtube]rZxNeFLuY98[/youtube]

Fast-forward to 36 seconds for hilarity.

Also, I have an Insider subscription... if you want me to tell you who Kiper and McShay project for your team, let me know and I'll post it.

1. Notice how none of the guys in the YouTube video are from the past 10 years. Of course Vernon Gholston may end up there soon, but that is the only screwup of this regime, and really everyone liked Gholston, I think.
2. Is Insider worth it?
3. I want to know who the Jets project come Draft time.

Oh yeah, I just find it hysterical... I will admit Tannenbaum's only screwup was Gholston.

Insider's definitely worth it, but find a cheap ESPN Magazine subscription and pay for it that way. All subscribers get Insider free. I just pay $5 every year whenever a deal pops up.

Kiper's final Mock has you taking DT Linval Joseph. McShay has you taking DT Jared Odrick.

Oh, the old Jets. I watch that video every year to remind me to be thankful that these days we make picks like Sanchez and Darrelle Revis. Hoping for Jerry Hughes or Kyle Wilson at the end of round one, but expect a lineman like Odrick or Alualu to be more likely.

Final Kiper/McShay mocks:

Kiper:

St. Louis RamsRecord: 1-15Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
The bottom line with Bradford is he's done everything possible to reclaim the same status he held last year before he opted not to go pro. He would have been, in my mind, the top pick in last year's draft. And given that St. Louis has passed on Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez in the past two drafts, they feel comfortable pulling the trigger on Bradford. Sure, there are concerns about the system Bradford came from, and the adjustments he'll have to make, but if the Rams don't expect him to be a savior from day one, they could have a special player.

Detroit LionsRecord: 2-14Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
The Lions have made some moves to upgrade along the defensive line, but that doesn't mean they should reach on an offensive tackle or trade the pick away, both things they could consider. If they remain here, Suh is the obvious choice, a player who can be dominant in any system. He immediately helps both the pass and rush defense, and he has the relentlessness and character the franchise needs to build around.

Tampa Bay BuccaneersRecord: 3-13Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
McCoy may be the best all-around talent in the draft, a defensive lineman who can seemingly do it all. McCoy is a gap-penetrating, three-technique DT who fits Tampa's system beautifully. McCoy is sturdy versus the run and disruptive against the pass.

Washington RedskinsRecord: 4-12Trent Williams, T, Oklahoma
Williams is the first big surprise of the first round, but his status won't surprise those making the picks in the middle of the top 10. Through the workout process, both at the combine and individually with teams, he's proved himself to be perhaps the most versatile talent in the draft at any position. You're talking about a guy NFL teams believe could play virtually anywhere on the offensive line. That many believe he can develop into a solid NFL left tackle is cause for his continued rise.

Kansas City ChiefsRecord: 4-12Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
A tough call only because the Chiefs have needs all over the field. But Berry is a supreme talent, a guy capable of becoming a perennial Pro Bowl player in a league that places more and more importance on the safety position. The Ed Reed comparisons hold up, but Berry won't have to wait four a couple of hours, like Reed, to hear his name called.

Seattle Seahawks Record: 5-11 Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
The Seahawks will be tickled to find Okung here. They need to find the heir to the great Walter Jones on the left side of the offensive line, and Okung is the steadiest player at the position in the draft. Okung gains value because he should be able to take over the position immediately. An easy pick for the Hawks.

Cleveland BrownsRecord: 5-11Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Morgan has the versatility to be effective in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 from the defensive end position. He's relentless as a pass-rusher, even against the double-team, and he maintains leverage to be strong against the run. It's rare to find a player who seems to understand what a coach needs from his position the way Morgan does, and he could help the Browns immediately.

Oakland RaidersRecord: 5-11Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
At this writing, Oakland still holds the No. 8 pick. Obviously, we know there's plenty of intrigue and discussions about how Pittsburgh could end up here. However, given the Raiders' circumstances, Clausen represents the possible franchise quarterback that Al Davis covets, and if the Steelers were to somehow end up here, certainly Clausen could be within their sights as well.

Buffalo BillsRecord: 6-10Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
Davis not only has as much upside as any player in the draft, but he plays a position the Bills simply must address. It's that simple. If Davis lives up to his potential, he could be a Pro Bowl left tackle for years to come. Even if he takes some time to develop, he's better than what the Bills have now. You can't truly evaluate a quarterback until you give him a chance, and Davis would be a good start.

Jacksonville JaguarsRecord: 7-9C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
I don't think Spiller represents the greatest need for the Jags. This is a team that couldn't get near opposing quarterbacks last season. However, since the Jags have tried to upgrade at defensive end via free agency, Spiller offers the most explosive offensive talent for an offense that needs it. He may may not be Jacksonville's top overall need, but Spiller is a player who can pay dividends.

Denver Broncos (from Chicago)Record: 7-9Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
McClain is the ideal inside linebacker to quarterback the defense, a player who shows instincts beyond his years. He's been coached well. Some will consider this a slight reach, but McClain fits the scheme well, can step in immediately, and flat-out makes tackles. He doesn't overwhelm you with speed, but he's an exceptional, instinctive football player.

Miami DolphinsRecord:7-9Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
There's a lot of talk that the Dolphins could trade down from this pick, but if they remain, Kindle is the versatile outside linebacker they could put in alongside Karlos Dansby. Kindle isn't a remarkable pass-rusher, but shows skills there, combined with necessary length and strength against the run. And he might add more size. The success of Brian Orakpo last year from a similar draft position certainly won't hurt Kindle.

San Francisco 49ersRecord: 8-8Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
There's a chance Bulaga could be converted to the right side from his college position of left tackle, but that's precisely what the 49ers should be thinking. They need a right tackle, and with Trent Williams no longer available, taking arguably the best pass-blocker on the board and switching him to the right side is a recipe for immediate success.

Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)Record: 5-11Earl Thomas, S, Texas
Seattle has invested in the safety position with not much to show for it over the last couple of years. In Thomas, they should be thrilled to find perhaps the most instinctive player in the draft still here at No. 14. Thomas is a ball hawk who is seemingly everywhere on the field, and he will make big plays in coverage for the Seahawks. A great value.

New York GiantsRecord: 8-8Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
A big jump for Weatherspoon, but even at No. 15, he's just the tackling machine the Giants should be looking for to shore up their linebacking corps. Weatherspoon is in the mold of Dansby, a player who lined up on the outside in college but is an easy convert to a 4-3.

Tennessee TitansRecord: 8-8Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Don't simply write off Pierre-Paul as some kind of overvalued physical specimen. There's enough tape on him to prove he can get to the passer, and his off-the-charts physical attributes will have every defensive-minded coach in the league excited to work with him. Jeff Fisher certainly fits the mold.

San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)Record: 8-8Joe Haden, CB, Florida
There was a time when San Francisco would have considered the idea that Haden could fall to them -- at No. 13 -- absolutely impossible. Yet an unremarkable 40 and just OK workouts seem to have shifted the image on Haden. But don't be fooled. If tape alone told the story, he still would be, by leaps and bounds, the best corner in the draft this year. He's a solid value at No. 17.

Pittsburgh SteelersRecord: 9-7Maurkice Pouncey, G/C, Florida
Regardless of what happens at the quarterback position, the Steelers are determined to return to a physical running game, and that starts with reclaiming dominance on the interior of their offensive line. Pouncey has versatility as either a center or guard, and has the skills and tenacity to step in and help from day one.

Atlanta FalconsRecord: 9-7Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
I'll repeat again that Graham is as productive a player as you'll find in the draft. He led the nation in tackles for loss, even as opposing offenses targeted him. His battle was proving that he is more than a potential 3-4 outside linebacker. Well, the proof is here. Graham has the leverage to be disruptive against the run, and his ability to disrupt the backfield as a pass-rusher is unquestioned.

Houston TexansRecord: 9-7Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
Mathews continues to move up as a running back who has the physical capability to handle between-the-tackle running, while also showing the ability to run away from defenders (with the 40 times to back it up). The fact is, while Houston could also use a corner, Mathews solves a problem. They need a feature back who they can trust to be physical and also hold onto the ball.

Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 10-6Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
Character questions finally have caught up a little bit with Bryant. He is, without question, the most gifted player at his position in this draft, but he'll need to prove his professionalism can match his skills. The Bengals offer an ideal situation, where Bryant can be thrust into a system with great leadership at quarterback and players to learn from at receiver. Cincy needs to add weapons and depth in the passing game, and Bryant can't be missed here.

New England PatriotsRecord: 10-6Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
New England just added another wideout with Torry Holt, and Gresham is a top tight end they'd be able to add through the draft. With age questions finally creeping up on Randy Moss, and the health of Wes Welker also an issue, Gresham should be a quick study and a favorite target of Tom Brady soon enough.

Green Bay PackersRecord: 11-5Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
You really won't find a player who was more consistently dominant in 2009 than Iupati. And questions about the level of the players he dominated were tossed aside when he battered other players in this draft during the postseason. There's a feeling among evaluators that he will help you run the ball better the moment he's added to the lineup. Iupati can add pass-protection skills, but as a true guard, he's an absolute mauler.

Philadelphia EaglesRecord: 11-5Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Wilson is a technician at the cornerback position and should be a great help for Andy Reid in the defensive backfield, which we know is an area of need. There's a thought that Philly could pull the trigger on (or even trade up for) a safety, but Wilson is an exceptional value here. Another very safe pick.

Baltimore RavensRecord: 9-7Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Every indication out of Baltimore is that this organization is committed to finding more talent in the passing game -- they want help for QB Joe Flacco. Thomas offers a chance to find a downfield target who can grow with the big-armed QB. He has the ability to make plays when little is there, and he showed it in college within a system where he was the only true weapon in the passing game -- and still couldn't be stopped. A big, physical home run threat.

Arizona CardinalsRecord: 10-6Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Williams fills a need as an interior anchor in the 3-4. He's a tremendously strong player, starting with exceptional drive from his lower body, and he can occupy blockers in the same manner he did in Knoxville. Mostly, Williams is a disruptive force against the run and is a great help to linebackers. He can actually help minimize the loss of Karlos Dansby.

Dallas CowboysRecord: 11-5Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
Cowboys fans should keep January in mind if Jerry Jones pulls the trigger on Saffold on Thursday. Dallas was done in by their inability to protect QB Tony Romo during the playoffs, and the team must find the best pass-blocker available here. Remember, Saffold dealt with the likes of Brandon Graham, O'Brien Schofield and Corey Wootton during Big Ten play, and proved his worth. Saffold continues to rise because he can protect the quarterback, and Dallas needs that type of lineman.

San Diego ChargersRecord: 13-3Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
Jackson has closed the gap on Wilson and Haden among cornerbacks in the draft since the end of the college season. He has good size, has battled top talent, and has impressed scouts with his coverage skills and fluidity. The Chargers need to fill a void at corner, and Jackson is an easy answer.

New York JetsRecord: 9-7Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina
The secret is officially out on Joseph, a player teams have been quiet about, hoping they could move him up their own boards with little fanfare. But the Jets should pull the trigger. Joseph was hugely productive at East Carolina in every facet of the game, and at over 6-4 and 320-plus pounds, he moves like a guy who could play anywhere along the line in Rex Ryan's 3-4. The fastest-rising prospect in the first round.

Minnesota VikingsRecord: 12-4Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
I can't promise he'll go here, but my gut tells me Tebow could end up somewhere late in the first round, even as high as No. 22. I'm on the record about what I think are obvious issues in his game as it projects to the NFL, but Tebow has, to his credit, already shown an ability to adapt. He has the intangibles of a No. 1 overall pick, but the key was showing teams he has the promise of being a potential franchise quarterback. And while I'm not totally sold, this should reflect my belief that some are. With Brett Favre likely returning, the Vikes have a chance to prepare a young talent.

Indianapolis ColtsRecord: 14-2Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
If the Colts have designs on keeping their devastating pass-rush intact for years to come, they can't do better than drafting one of the best pure pass-rushers the draft has to offer. Hughes even has the slightly undersized look of Dwight Freeney when Indy nabbed him out of Syracuse. Hugely productive at TCU, Hughes is a natural fit in the Colts' system.

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 14-2Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
An interior lineman isn't necessarily the top need for the Saints, but getting a potentially outstanding five-technique DT like Odrick is as safe a pick as you can get at this stage. Odrick can both occupy defenders or be disruptive, and he fits perfectly into the Saints' 4-3.

McShay:

Originally Published: April 22, 2010
Final mock features big changes
Offensive tackles, pass-rushers making the most late moves
EmailPrintComments
retweet
By Todd McShay, Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl
ESPN.com
The first round of the NFL draft (7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN) is only hours away and the buzz surrounding particular prospects and picks is picking up significantly.

There has been a change in the top five, with one offensive tackle replacing another, and all kinds of shuffling down below. Here is Scouts Inc.'s final first-round projection based on what we're hearing as the clock ticks down:

St. Louis Rams
Record: 1-15 | Needs: QB, WR, CB, OT, DTSam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Detroit Lions
Record: 2-14 | Needs: DT, OT, ILB, RB, SSNdamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Record: 3-13 | Needs: DT, WR, DE, DC, OLBGerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Washington Redskins
Record: 4-12 | Needs: OT, DE, FS, NT, OGTrent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Kansas City Chiefs
Record: 4-12 | Needs: OT, FS, NT, ILB, OLBEric Berry, S, Tennessee

Seattle SeahawksRecord: 5-11 | Needs: OT, RB, S, DE, WRRussell Okung, OT, Oklahoma StateCleveland BrownsRecord: 5-11 | Needs: FS, NT, QB, DE, CBDerrick Morgan, DE, Georgia TechOakland RaidersRecord: 5-11 | Needs: OT, DT, QB, G, RBAnthony Davis, OT, RutgersBuffalo BillsRecord: 6-10 | Needs: OT, NT, QB, WR, OLBDan Williams, NT, TennesseeJacksonville JaguarsRecord: 7-9 | Needs: FS, RB, C, QB, DEC.J. Spiller, RB, ClemsonDenver Broncos (from Chicago)Record: 7-9 | Needs: ILB, WR, C/G, OLB, RBRolando McClain, ILB, AlabamaMiami DolphinsRecord:7-9 | Needs: FS, OLB, NT, TE, RBSergio Kindle, OLB, TexasSan Francisco 49ersRecord: 8-8 | Needs: OT, S, CB, G, OLBJoe Haden, CB, FloridaSeattle Seahawks (from Denver)Record: 5-11 | Needs: OT, RB, S, DE, WREarl Thomas, S, TexasNew York GiantsRecord: 8-8 | Needs: ILB, OG, OLB, DE, DTJason Pierre-Paul, DE, South FloridaTennessee TitansRecord: 8-8 | Needs: CB, DE, DT, ILB, G/CKyle Wilson, CB, Boise StateSan Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)Record: 8-8 | Needs: OT, S, CB, G, OLBBryan Bulaga, OT, IowaPittsburgh SteelersRecord: 9-7 | Needs: CB, OT, C/G, WR, DEMaurkice Pouncey, C/G, FloridaAtlanta FalconsRecord: 9-7 | Needs: DE, OLB, G, T/G, RBBrandon Graham, OLB, MichiganHouston TexansRecord: 9-7 | Needs: RB, CB, DT, FS, OLBRyan Mathews, RB, Fresno StateCincinnati BengalsRecord: 10-6 | Needs: TE, FS, ILB, DT, G/CJermaine Gresham, TE, OklahomaNew England PatriotsRecord: 10-6 | Needs: OLB, ILB, TE, WR, DEDemaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia TechGreen Bay PackersRecord: 11-5 | Needs: CB, OT, RB, DE, SMike Iupati, OT/G, IdahoPhiladelphia EaglesRecord: 11-5 | Needs: OLB, G, DC, OT/G, FSDevin McCourty, CB, RutgersBaltimore RavensRecord: 9-7 | Needs: CB, TE, DE, S, NTKareem Jackson, CB, AlabamaArizona CardinalsRecord: 10-6 | Needs: ILB, OLB, OT, TE, WRJerry Hughes, OLB, TCUDallas CowboysRecord: 11-5 | Needs: OT, S, DE, ILB, CBDez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma StateSan Diego ChargersRecord: 13-3 | Needs: RB, NT, TE, CB, OTLinval Joseph, DT, East CarolinaNew York JetsRecord: 9-7 | Needs: S, DE, OLB, TE, CBJared Odrick, DT, Penn StateMinnesota VikingsRecord: 12-4 | Needs: OT, DT, CB, RB, QBJimmy Clausen, QB, Notre DameIndianapolis ColtsRecord: 14-2 | Needs: OT, DT, C/G, ILB, QBRodger Saffold, OT, IndianaNew Orleans SaintsRecord: 14-2 | Needs: OLB, DE, DT, TE, FSBrian Price, DT, UCLA

So where is everyone watching the Draft? ESPN or NFL Network?

I don't have NFL Network (Stupid Cablevision), so for now I'm on the Worldwide Leader in Sports. However, Rich Eisen tweeted something about it being on NFL.com, but that might only be internationally.

I believe it'll be on NFL.com, it always is I thought, but I'm watching NFL Network. Mayock is the dude I like to hear from, though I think he's wrong about Berry.

Either way Mayock > Anything ESPN could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back