• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL 2012/13 Playoffs LD

Gotta say I feel good for Matt Ryan. Came up clutch when he needed and maybe he finally got over the hump.

Longwell has a decently long leg, wouldn't it have made more sense to try a 64 yard field goal indoors than to throw a hail mary from over 45 yards out that has to result in a TD??

Does anyone know the odds? I would have to think trying the kick is statistically the smarter play.

Longwell has a decently long leg, wouldn't it have made more sense to try a 64 yard field goal indoors than to throw a hail mary from over 45 yards out that has to result in a TD??

Does anyone know the odds? I would have to think trying the kick is statistically the smarter play.

I was thinking the same thing. Granted a 64 yard field goal has little chance of success, but a Hail Mary is even tougher. Unless, of course, you're playing the Broncos :)

Elway went to five Super Bowls, including three in four years with a team that was the same if not worse than most of Manning's teams.

Elway also didn't have to go against Tom Brady led teams almost every year in his conference. Besides, at the end of the day Elway only has one more SB then Peyton does. Other then that stat he has jack shit on Peyton. Manning's numbers in both the regular season AND the postseason are better then Elway's.

Favre won MVP three straight years, holds all the passing records, and has four more postseason wins than Manning.

Yet Manning still has one (maybe 2 in a couple weeks) more MVP awards then Favre. Favre's passing records are partly his because of longevity. Favre played 5 more seasons then Manning (4 more as a starter) and Manning is probably only 3 seasons away from passing Favre in most categories and Manning has 4 years left on his contract. Manning also has better playoff numbers then Favre in every category except wins and don't tell me it's those wins that makes Favre better because if that is the case then I guess Terry Bradshaw is a better quarterback then Favre and at least the equivalent to Elway.

One the reason the Vikes let Longwell go was because his leg just wasn't what it used to be, while he's still a fairly accurate kicker, the leg strength just isn't there anymore, or so I've been lead to beleive. Keep in mind nobody picked him up in the regular season, there has to be a reason for that, especially when teams like GB & SF had kickers that struggled throughout the year.

Longwell has a career long of only 55 yards. His leg isn't big enough to make that kick. If it had been inside of 60 then maybe, but not at 65.

That was a great game between Atlanta and Seattle earlier.

God I hate Brady would love to see the Texans kick his ass. That being said IF the Texans win i'll be tuning into sports radio tomorrow to hear all the Patriot fans crying and whining. :lmao:

Elway also didn't have to go against Tom Brady led teams almost every year in his conference. Besides, at the end of the day Elway only has one more SB then Peyton does. Other then that stat he has jack shit on Peyton. Manning's numbers in both the regular season AND the postseason are better then Elway's.

Yet Manning still has one (maybe 2 in a couple weeks) more MVP awards then Favre. Favre's passing records are partly his because of longevity. Favre played 5 more seasons then Manning (4 more as a starter) and Manning is probably only 3 seasons away from passing Favre in most categories and Manning has 4 years left on his contract. Manning also has better playoff numbers then Favre in every category except wins and don't tell me it's those wins that makes Favre better because if that is the case then I guess Terry Bradshaw is a better quarterback then Favre and at least the equivalent to Elway.

That's why I have Manning #5. If he plays for two or three more years at the same level and wins at least one Super Bowl, then I'll have him at #3.

Favre has more passing yards and TD's in the playoffs than Manning. Just correcting you there.

I don't know what's more embarrassing... that kickoff return we allowed or the fact that the Texans couldn't score a TD from 10 yards out.

Jesus after that start for the Texans that sucks they only got 3. Now they need to play some D and shut down Brady....oh who am I kidding there won't be any D played today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back