• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL 2012/13 Playoffs LD

Just remembered I have a bottle of Jameson just chilling out.

Let's see how long it takes before I crack that bad boy open.

Ain't that the truth. Seattle/San Francisco would have been a much better game.

I'd disagree. Are we just gonna forget how Seattle dominated them in Seattle a few weeks ago? The Georgia Dome isn't the 12th man, but it can get damn loud. 49ers had 3 of their 4 losses on the road and a 3 ET start isn't awful, but certainly isn't great. Also Harbaugh's first road playoff game, and the Falcons only loss at home was Week 17 when they didn't have much to play for. Falcons will give them a good run, especially since its at Atl.

Favre has more passing yards and TD's in the playoffs than Manning. Just correcting you there.

I wasn't referring to Manning's total stat numbers because, again, he has played in less games but he has a better completion%, better qb rating, better ypg numbers, and better td/int ratio.

I'd disagree. Are we just gonna forget how Seattle dominated them in Seattle a few weeks ago? The Georgia Dome isn't the 12th man, but it can get damn loud. 49ers had 3 of their 4 losses on the road and a 3 ET start isn't awful, but certainly isn't great. Also Harbaugh's first road playoff game, and the Falcons only loss at home was Week 17 when they didn't have much to play for. Falcons will give them a good run, especially since its at Atl.

The Falcons should have lost today but were gifted the game by Pete Carroll.

49ers didn't have Justin Smith for the 2nd Seattle game... he's the key to their defense.

I guarantee 49ers win by more than 2 Touchdowns.

The Falcons weren't overly impressive today. If Seattle had better game management in the first half then they win the game. The 49ers have an offense similar to Seattle's and they have a better tackling defense and a much more rested defense.

Gotta say Brady isn't looking all that good yet.

Houston needs to get a TD now, You can never score enough points when your in New England.

The Falcons should have lost today but were gifted the game by Pete Carroll.

49ers didn't have Justin Smith for the 2nd Seattle game... he's the key to their defense.

I guarantee 49ers win by more than 2 Touchdowns.

A lot of teams win games they shouldn't have in the playoffs. SF gifted the Giants the NFC Championship last year with their ST blunders but NYG still won the SB.

I agree Smith is key to their D. However, SF is a poor matchup for the Packers. GB can't run and didn't really even try. Atl can't run that well either, but they at least made an attempt today (24 rushes on a top 10 rush defense). They have a lot more balance and will try to keep Kaepernick off the field. Also, I would hope Smith tells the DEs to keep contain on Kaepernick and would put a spy on him. Capers had an awful gameplan that Atl can learn from.

I'd be very willing to take that bet. I'm not sure if ATL will win (have to do more reading/research) but it'll be a close game. SF isn't that good and certainly has some flaws that can be exposed. HFA helps too.

It's late b/c I was at work but it feels good to finally see Matt and them win a playoff game. I didn't care how they won as long as they did, but damn if they didn't make it stressful.

The Texans just aren't in the same class as the NFL's elite. I expect a much better effort from the Ravens next week. Flacco has actually been backing up his big talk and the Ravens defense is healthy and playing well.

Ryan's got his offense moving methodically right now. I like the play calling so far, quick dropback and make the throw. After that huge throw to Julio, San Fran's secondary is gonna sit back a bit to prevent it, allowing the 6-7 yard outs they're hitting right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back