MMA November - Anderson The Turkey is Ducking Chael. What a Chicken.

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar

Every Wednesday - 10 p.m. on Spike - The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller

11/5 - UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz
11/5 - Pro Elite 2: This card is not worth your time, Tim Sylvia is main eventing.
11/12 - Bellator 57
11/12 - UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos
11/18 - Strikeforce Challengers 20
11/19 - UFC 139: Shogun vs. Hendo
11/19 - Bellator 58
11/26 - Bellator 59

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy:
  • Mirko Cro Cop is retired.
  • BJ Penn is retired.
  • Scratch that, BJ is now "Taking Time Off"
  • Mayhem Miller claims that TUF has been edited to make Bisping look NICER than he really is.
  • GSP vs. Diaz is headlining Super Bowl Weekend.
  • Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz is your UFC 141 co-main event. GO GET SOME, DONALD CERRO-NAY
  • Everyone wants to fight Joe Lauzon.
  • Anderson Silva is ducking Chael Sonnen.
  • Jon Anik will commentate all FX cards. He will likely be reunited with Kenny Florian.
  • UFC 138 is not stacked. UFC 139 is stacked. Prelim fights on UFC 139 would easily make UFC 138's main card.
  • Hatsu Hioki lost two rounds to George Roop.
  • Tyson Griffin is so cut.
  • We may witness the first Octagon murder when Wanderlei fights Cung Le.
  • Fedor is due to lose to Jeff Monson this month.
  • War Hendo

In Honor of Hendo's UFC Return and Bisping Being a Dick on TUF....

bispko11.gif

ac91a8ab22f9113572dc405679e1cffb.jpg

hendohoff.gif

alm2ol.jpg

Why hasn't he accepted the fight yet? Furthermore, Ed Soares is pushing for fucking BISPING to get the next title shot.

Has Dana White asked him to fight Chael yet? Why should we let fighters choose who they fight next? Chael has one win since tapping out. He doesn't deserve a title shot although he will get one.

Furthermore, Anderson pretty much told Ed Soares to shut the fuck up. I'd also go as far as saying Bisping deserves a title shot just as much if not more than Chael. JMT said it perfectly, in a football game, if a team comes back from a 20 point deficit in the fourth quarter to win the game, nobody talks about the first three quarters. They talk about who won the game in the end. Anderson won the game yet Chael fans feel the need to dwell on his 23 minutes of fame because they have nothing else.

It's going to be a great, historic month for MMA.

I'm super stoked for the Fox event in particular. I can't wait to see how that event is presented. Not to mention JDS/Cain should end up being a war.

And of course... Shogun vs. Dan Henderson has been years in the making. Here's hoping Shogun beats the hell out of Hendo.

Has Dana White asked him to fight Chael yet? Why should we let fighters choose who they fight next? Chael has one win since tapping out. He doesn't deserve a title shot although he will get one.

"Chael Sonnen, I accept your challenge, and will fight you when I am finished rehabbing my injury." is all he has to say. It doesn't matter if Dana asked him or not to fight Chael. Chael beat Brian Stann, who was quickly rising up the Middleweight rankings and was in the top 10. He took the current champ to the limit and was going to get an immediate rematch before all that bullcrap happened. Furthermore, the Middleweight Division is pretty starved for contenders. Who else is really deserving besides Chael?

Furthermore, Anderson pretty much told Ed Soares to shut the fuck up.

Probably because he's overstepped his bounds, but Soares is pretty much a mouthpiece for him. You know he's pretty much parroting whatever Silva is saying behind closed doors.

I'd also go as far as saying Bisping deserves a title shot just as much if not more than Chael.

Bisping couldn't beat the ghost of Wanderlei Silva, and was nearly no match for his well-known submission game. Bisping has beaten Dan Miller (while he was going through some heavy family related stuff), Akiyama (complete bust), and needed to cheat to beat Jorge Rivera. None of those guys are remotely close to being top 10 fighters. If you look at any fighter in the top 10, they would destroy Bisping. Even guys like Palhares would destroy him. He's going to lose to Mayhem too by the way.

If Mark Munoz beats Leben, he'd be way more deserving of a shot than Bisping. Hell, he already is.

JMT said it perfectly, in a football game, if a team comes back from a 20 point deficit in the fourth quarter to win the game, nobody talks about the first three quarters. They talk about who won the game in the end. Anderson won the game yet Chael fans feel the need to dwell on his 23 minutes of fame because they have nothing else.

I believe the comparison between football and MMA is apples and oranges for obvious reasons. MMA is one man vs. another man. For 23 minutes, Chael was the better man, and is the only guy in MMA who was able to truly challenge Silva. Nobody else is going to be able to truly challenge him. Anderson should be jumping all over this fight if he wants to, from his perspective, shut Chael up and prove that the first fight was a fluke.

Aldo vs. Mendes - UFC 142 in January (Rio card)

It will likely be the main event. Boy, that crowd is going to be PISSED when Mendes wrestles Aldo for five rounds and becomes Champion.

Who else is really deserving besides Chael?

While I agree there really aren't any other worthy challengers, I'm not sure where you get the idea Chael is worthy. Because Chael lost a fight in which Silva was hurt and Chael benefited from the use of performance enhancing drugs?

If Chale Sonnen couldn't beat Anderson Silva then, what makes him deserving now?

Excellent start for the November thread, we have a great month of MMA ahead of us.

Here's something y'all might be interested in, Anthony Johnson has finally realized he has no place fighting at MW and is set to fight Belfort in Brazil at 142. Now let's pray Thiago Alves gets the message too and moves up. :rolleyes:

Without a doubt, I do think MW will be better for Johnson though, the good things will start after this fight though because he's gonna get raped by Vitor.

"Chael Sonnen, I accept your challenge, and will fight you when I am finished rehabbing my injury." is all he has to say. It doesn't matter if Dana asked him or not to fight Chael. Chael beat Brian Stann, who was quickly rising up the Middleweight rankings and was in the top 10. He took the current champ to the limit and was going to get an immediate rematch before all that bullcrap happened. Furthermore, the Middleweight Division is pretty starved for contenders. Who else is really deserving besides Chael?

He beat a fringe top 10, one dimensional fighter in Stann. I agree with you that there really is no clear cut contender and it hurts me to say this, but we need a definitive #1 contender even if it keeps Silva out. Have Chael fight Vitor while Anderson recovers, winner faces Anderson. Only solution I can possibly think of if we're looking for a clear cut top contender.

Probably because he's overstepped his bounds, but Soares is pretty much a mouthpiece for him. You know he's pretty much parroting whatever Silva is saying behind closed doors.

No possible way to know what Silva truly thinks or how he acts behind closed doors. All speculation.

Bisping couldn't beat the ghost of Wanderlei Silva, and was nearly no match for his well-known submission game. Bisping has beaten Dan Miller (while he was going through some heavy family related stuff), Akiyama (complete bust), and needed to cheat to beat Jorge Rivera. None of those guys are remotely close to being top 10 fighters. If you look at any fighter in the top 10, they would destroy Bisping. Even guys like Palhares would destroy him. He's going to lose to Mayhem too by the way.

I agree. He beat lousy fighters, but he's beaten them all in a row and if he beats Miller, he has just as much claim as anybody to be included in a #1 contender fight.

If Mark Munoz beats Leben, he'd be way more deserving of a shot than Bisping. Hell, he already is.

Here's my solution that I have thought up. Have Vitor/Chael fight to determine the #1 contender and if Munoz wins, have him fight the winner of Bisping/Miller for the shot after that. This is all hypothetical assuming Chael doesn't get the fight.

I believe the comparison between football and MMA is apples and oranges for obvious reasons. MMA is one man vs. another man. For 23 minutes, Chael was the better man, and is the only guy in MMA who was able to truly challenge Silva. Nobody else is going to be able to truly challenge him. Anderson should be jumping all over this fight if he wants to, from his perspective, shut Chael up and prove that the first fight was a fluke.

Alrighty, how about tennis? Nadal loses the first two sets and the first five games of the third set to Federer. He then mounts a comeback and beats Federer even though he was on the brink of defeat. Would people bitch and moan about how Federer is better because he almost beat Nadal, but ended up losing? Doubtful. At the end of the day, Chael tapped. He quit. What happened before that doesn't matter because the end result is, he lost. I personally think he should fight Belfort and the winner take Anderson, but he'll talk his way into a rematch only to get shut up again.

If Chael fights another opponent before Anderson, it should UNDOUBTEDLY be Rousimar Palhares. The lead up and actual fight itself would be the most hilarious thing to ever take place in MMA.

The fact that Bisping is even being considered as a title contender is silly (if he does beat Mayhem than that's another story, but not right now.) Who has Bisping beat? A great fighter who had family issues at the time, the second biggest American MMA bust in MMA history (only behind Wanderlei, who he lost to, which is Wanderlei's only win in about 3 and a half years), and a guy who he had to deliver an illegal knee to beat. Bisping had his chance when he fought Hendo, but was embarrassingly knocked out, and proved that he's nothing better than a slightly above average fighter.

In Chael's last 4 fights, he took apart the best pound for pound fighter in MMA history for 4 and a half rounds, submitted a former champion and ex marine, and took out two top 5 middleweights in MMA today. The fact that Bisping is even being considered above Chael, or in the top 5 in the 185 division is completely absurd.

At the end of the night, who was tapping out like a bitch?

:rolleyes:

Who, at the end of the night, had their ass handed to them for 24 minutes?

Silva won, no doubt. Could he win again? Absolutely but the not only could things go down similarly in a second fight as they did for 95% of the first fight...Chael is working submission defense. That's bad fucking news for Anderson.

Is Silva afraid of Sonnen? Naw, I don't think anyone at that level is afraid of a fighter or fight. I guarantee, and it's evident by interviews and reactions, that Silva wants no piece of Sonnen again. I believe that if you beat (as an underdog especially) the #2 and #3 guys in your weight class, go on to put a once in a lifetime beating on the P4P best fighter in the world and then beating a surging new contender who is undefeated at that weight class...you deserve a rematch. If not Chael, who? Bisping who hasn't ever had a top ten win? Leben who is only on a one fight win streak? Belfort who knocked out a unranked opponent? Come on...it's the smartest and most logical choice.

:rolleyes:

Who, at the end of the night, had their ass handed to them for 24 minutes?
Who cares?

If you have sex with a girl for 24 minutes, and she falls asleep in the middle of it, do you consider that a win too? When I was a freshman in high school, our varsity basketball team trailed for all but 16 seconds of our state playoff game. The last 16 seconds, we tied it up and won the game. Do you think the team we played gives a damn about the fact they were head for the other 31 minutes and 44 seconds?

Chael Sonnen lost. He lost when Silva had hurt ribs. He lost when he was benefiting from the use of steroids. He lost, even though he had sex with the girl for 24 minutes.

Excuse me if I don't sing the praises of the losing cheater.

Silva won, no doubt. Could he win again? Absolutely but the not only could things go down similarly in a second fight as they did for 95% of the first fight...Chael is working submission defense. That's bad fucking news for Anderson.
And I'm sure Silva is just sitting at home watching the latest episodes of The Office. What do you want to bet?

Perhaps Chael Sonnen could get on top of Silva and strike with very ineffective punches and obviously not very damaging strikes and earn a victory that way. Then again, perhaps the man arguably the greatest pound for pound fighter in the world does the same thing he does to everyone else people think might be a challenge.

But, for all the people singing the praises of Chael Sonnen, nothing will erase the fact the man was a cheater the night he fought Silva, and nothing will change the fact Silva was obviously hurting.

And here's the thing I really don't understand. Why do people WANT Chael Sonnen to beat Anderson Silva? Because Silva gets bored with guys who aren't on his level? Chael Sonnen is a first rate douchebag, in almost every sense of the word. Why do people want him to beat Silva? I've yet to understand this. He runs his mouth, says stupid things, gets caught cheating, gets arrested for fraud...the guy is a total creep. The fact people actually cheer for him to beat Anderson Silva is amazing to me.

Anderson Silva's day in the sun will be coming to an end very soon. He's mid 30s, and has a lot of fights in his career. Perhaps it will be Chael Sonnen, perhaps it will be someone else, perhaps he'll just retire. But he won't be around much longer. But the idea people want him to be replaced by a creep like Chael Sonnen hurts my faith in humanity.

In the fight itself, Silva won only because of Sonnen's shitty submission defense- now that he's learnt some BJJ, judging by their last fight Sonnen has a great chance.

In the fight itself, Silva won only because of Sonnen's shitty submission defense- now that he's learnt some BJJ, judging by their last fight Sonnen has a great chance.
And in his last fight, Lesnar only lost because he had crappy boxing. I'm sure that now he's had a few months of training in it, he's ready to stand toe to toe with Cain and dominate him. :rolleyes:

The logic some of you have is ridiculous.

Or GSP leaves Nick's face imprinted into the mat and people start touting Condit as the one to beat GSP. I'll go with the latter.

Care to elaborate? GSP will come in with a chip on his shoulder. He's coming in aggressive with the intent to not only beat Diaz, but to destroy him and we'll finally witness what GSP is truly capable of. Most people seem to forget just how truly devastating GSP can be when he fights aggressive and if he does, Diaz will get hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back