• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For February - Where Vitor Laments His Foot Fetish

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This has been a long time coming. Every month, there will be a spam thread for MMA in the GSD. Basically, a Sports Bar type post.

I'll start it off with this. Fedor will defeat Antonio Silva, and immediately begin making plans to duck Overeem.

Basically, Vitor made some comments saying that Silva wears a mask (in a figurative way). Anderson decided to actually wear a mask and start jawing at Vitor at the weigh-ins. Why did Anderson hate Vitor? Some believe that it was because Vitor used to train with him, and Anderson was offended that he wanted to fight. Others believe that it had to do with social class, and how Vitor grew up comfortably while Anderson lived on the bottom rungs of society.

Either way, Anderson Silva is a baby.

How do you feel about Jon Jones replacing Rashad Evans in the Light-Heavyweight Championship bout?

It should be noted that Evans is only out 6-8 weeks with his injury, so they could've put off the fight for a extra month or two for Evans to get ready. Jones gets no time to rest, just hope he isn't drained for the fight.

Here, an oldie but a goodie:

machidaevansrocky.gif

After Fedor kills Big Foot, I GUARANTEE he will not duck anyone in the tournament. Mark my words on that one, and if I end up being wrong, then feel free to call me out on it. However, I will not be wrong on this one. Fedor ducks NO ONE.

After Fedor kills Big Foot, I GUARANTEE he will not duck anyone in the tournament. Mark my words on that one, and if I end up being wrong, then feel free to call me out on it. However, I will not be wrong on this one. Fedor ducks NO ONE.

Chyeah boi.

Fedor would never and has never ducked a single fighter ever. Would M-1 be nervous to match him up with certain fighters? Probably, it's no secret they're money hungry scam artists. But Fedor duck a fight? Get real.

Speaking of Arlovski, he better take his fight against Sergei to the ground, otherwise he's getting knocked the fuck out. Arlovski's ground game is highly underrated, while Sergei's is basically nonexistent. Arlovski needs to swallow his pride and do what's best for his career on Saturday, or his career will continue to go down that slithering slope it's been on since his fight against Fedor.

GREAT article on the picture below.......

jones427_medium.jpg

I got chills as soon as I saw this. I have seen this picture a thousand times and it says a thousand things. You’ve seen it too. A young upstart is in front, excited, loud. The old lion stands in the back eyeing him. Quiet. Knowing. The word is sorely misused and overused, but this is classic.

Jon Jones: "God is so good. I feel so great. I’m going for a world title, baby. Let’s do it!"

Mauricio Rua comes in, nonchalant: "I respect Jon Jones, but I’m a professional fighter. No problem."

Jones fights a young man’s fight. He fights like someone who doesn’t think he can lose. Every challenge for him is a wild ride and he throws himself into it with abandon. Does that remind you of anyone?

Take yourself out of a fan’s shoes for a moment. Imagine you’re Rua. You can see past the flash. You see another fighter like all fighters you’ve faced: a conquerable challenge. You look at him like you know of worlds he’s only seen in his dreams. This kid. He doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into.

He’s never left his soul in the ring with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. How many countries has he fought in? He's only seen the inside of Chute Boxe in his fantasies. He hasn’t had his arm broken in a fight. He was never PRIDE’s uncrowned champion, fallen. He hasn’t been low and lower and risen again.

He’s business as usual. That’s all.

Jones is high off his win, high off the chance to prove himself. He’s screaming, amping himself up. Rua knows what it’s like. He was the original 23-year-old wonder. Once upon a time he did everything Jones did, and more. That was five years ago. Five years is forever in this sport. He looks at Jones like Son, you don’t know where I’ve been.

This is one of the best MMA photos I’ve ever seen. It taps into a story, a showdown we’re all familiar with, and which will never become trite as long as combat sports exist. Two sides of the same coin. His present, his future. This is the best story you're going to get in MMA, better than any revenge tale. And it's all real.

Speaking of Arlovski, he better take his fight against Sergei to the ground, otherwise he's getting knocked the fuck out. Arlovski's ground game is highly underrated, while Sergei's is basically nonexistent. Arlovski needs to swallow his pride and do what's best for his career on Saturday, or his career will continue to go down that slithering slope it's been on since his fight against Fedor.

I don't know man, Kharitonov has some decent ground skills. Mike Russow may be a guy a lot of people laugh at, but Sergei caught him in a sick armbar at PRIDE 33. I do agree though, as much as I want to see Arlovski strike with Sergei he does stand a better chance of winning if he takes the fight to the ground. Hopefully this fight goes the way of AA/Sylvia I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back