TNA iMPACT! LD for 07/15

Hows your crystal ball in saying that Ecw wont elevate anyone

I just cannot imagine that a victory over Tommy Dreamer, or D-Lo Brown, or Stevie Richards benefits anyone, except prolonging the career of the out of shape over the hill guys painfully further. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Put Barrett head to head with Cena or Orton, and either way, win or lose, he benefits. Bring back Danielson, and everyone benefits.

The flip side? Have Wolfe beat, for example, D-Lo Brown, or have Pope beat Richards, or have Morgan beat Dreamer and who benefits? No one.

I'm talking about when the whole company goes under.

Until the rumors or reports start to come out about TNA being in legitimate financial trouble, I'm not going to even bother discussing the rhetorical argument of TNA's product leading to their apocalyptic end.

With DiBiase you get Maryse. That's never a bad thing.

So eye candy saves terrible ideas? Let's just put Chelsea next to anything you don't like in TNA, then, yeah? You'd have to go an entire episode without complaining.

Even I'm not defending that infernal noise.

One of the driving angles on RAW – second biggest next to the Nexus.

I thought all angles were aabout making money.

In their most primordial sense, sure, but who says booking Morgan and Jay Lethal in a standard singles feud where Morgan is the clear heel who betas Jay – the clear face – down every week until Lethal wins at the PPV would actually make money? Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's compelling.

I'd contend without the legacy and lineage of the WWE, a lot of what they do wouldn't draw a dime, either.

Tiger, Van Dam should be having competitive matches with guys who can return in kind. A nail ***** hanging from the heavens match with his old road buddies involved in the feud is not that. It's playing to a stereotype of days gone by while continuing to marginalize the only guy of the bunch who still has any real value.

You don't know what a full stop is?

I'll agree this does Van Dam no favors, but how do you know Van Dam won't have a good match with Abyss in a poorly described gimmick match? Is it beyond terrible that he would be involved in an angle where he isn't the obvious centerpiece?

I understand you don't find the angle entertaining, but others do, so there are some benefits.

And not in the context that you used it in.

I just cannot imagine that a victory over Tommy Dreamer, or D-Lo Brown, or Stevie Richards benefits anyone, except prolonging the career of the out of shape over the hill guys painfully further. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Put Barrett head to head with Cena or Orton, and either way, win or lose, he benefits. Bring back Danielson, and everyone benefits.

The flip side? Have Wolfe beat, for example, D-Lo Brown, or have Pope beat Richards, or have Morgan beat Dreamer and who benefits? No one.

John Moxley would beg to differ.

Hey, I don't like the god damn 2x4 hanging from the ceiling at all either, but that doesn't mean the match itself won't be OK, and it certainly fits the "hardcore" bill they're working on for Hard Justice.

Yeah, that lasted, like what? 4 months of the 4 year old stable?

They also shortly fueded with The New Hart Foundation leading up to the Screwjob, the WCW Invasions, and being involved with the Corporation before everyone split into seperate fueds.

I'll agree this does Van Dam no favors, but how do you know Van Dam won't have a good match with Abyss in a poorly described gimmick match? Is it beyond terrible that he would be involved in an angle where he isn't the obvious centerpiece?
That's been every angle he's been in since coming to TNA.

Also, if they want to be hardcore, just do it. Why are we hanging things from the ceiling? It's a ******ed stipulation that the situation doesn't need and, in classic TNA fashion, will likely take away from the action.

I wanna like TNA. Really. I like a lot of guys who are there. The last couple weeks haven't been completely awful (not talking about tonight). But they do little right. Very little.

That's been every angle he's been in since coming to TNA.

I wouldn't say since coming to TNA, but for the last month he has played second fiddle and hasn't been featured as much as he should be, I'm not defending that, I'm defending the invasion angle's ability to be entertaining/create discussion.

Also, if they want to be hardcore, just do it. Why are we hanging things from the ceiling? It's a ******ed stipulation that the situation doesn't need and, in classic TNA fashion, will likely take away from the action.

I agree it's a pointless stipulation that will likely bring the match down one notch, but I still say it will be a good match. By hardcore standards that is.

And I still have no clue what you meant by full stop.

I wouldn't say since coming to TNA, but for the last month he has played second fiddle and hasn't been featured as much as he should be, I'm not defending that, I'm defending the invasion angle's ability to be entertaining/create discussion.
I don't know about entertaining. I'd still like to know why it caused half the locker room to run in. To save Abyss? I don't buy that. It didn't play right. Sure, it's generating discussion. But half of it is negative reviews.

I agree it's a pointless stipulation that will likely bring the match down one notch, but I still say it will be a good match. By hardcore standards that is.
What does that mean? It's either a good match or it's not, regardless of stipulations. If you need to qualify it with "by hardcore match standards" then there's a problem.

Yes, my signature is a joke. Not a very funny one, granted.

And I still have no clue what you meant by full stop.
You ended the sentence I quoted with a question mark. It should have been a full stop. Yeah, I'm a prick.

I don't know about entertaining. I'd still like to know why it caused half the locker room to run in. To save Abyss? I don't buy that. It didn't play right. Sure, it's generating discussion. But half of it is negative reviews.

To stop the random collection of men not under TNA contract from taking the spotlight out from under them or taking control of the promotion they work for.

Everything TNA does gets half negative reviews.

What does that mean? It's either a good match or it's not, regardless of stipulations. If you need to qualify it with "by hardcore match standards" then there's a problem.

I only used the hardcore standards line because I don't enjoy straight hardcore matches, so I don't find any to be good. Seriously thinking over not watching Hard Justice because of it.

Will it be a good hardcore match by what people consider as good hardcore match, I believe so. The stipulation might even be changed to something less ridiculous next week.

Yes, my signature is a joke. Not a very funny one, granted.

Funny, I actually agree with your sig.

You ended the sentence I quoted with a question mark. It should have been a full stop. Yeah, I'm a prick.

Well...I've got no retort for that.

Edit: It was implied during Joe's video dairy or what-have you right after he was kidnapped.

To stop the random collection of men not under TNA contract from taking the spotlight out from under them or taking control of the promotion they work for.
That's pretty weak. Four guys aren't a threat to the promotion they work for. They're especially not a threat when they've only attacked one (1) person.

It was implied during Joe's video dairy or what-have you right after he was kidnapped.
I'm going to need a link to whatever straw you're grasping at as it wasn't close to memorable. Or alternatively, considering my fast forward button was working overtime and I may have missed it, was it mentioned in commentary anywhere during an Abyss angle?

Hey, you can't say I'm not offering every chance in the world for you to make your case here.

That's pretty weak. Four guys aren't a threat to the promotion they work for. They're especially not a threat when they've only attacked one (1) person.

First people to come out were security, after they got beaten easily, TNA talent decided to take it upon themselves to removes the miscreants ;)

Honestly, I've had 3 days to think of a bunch of reasons as to why so being a huge TNA mark, I could defend it to the end.

Wait, that wasn't honest.

I'm going to need a link to whatever straw you're grasping at as it wasn't close to memorable. Or alternatively, considering my fast forward button was working overtime and I may have missed it, was it mentioned in commentary anywhere during an Abyss angle?

Hey, you can't say I'm not offering every chance in the world for you to make your case here.

The last time it was mentioned was roughly four months ago, so the straw I'm grasping is fairly non-existent.

Security came after the ECW guys. It's not like they were spoiling for a fight with anyone other than Abyss.

This iMPACT iNVASION is making my head hurt.

Are they faces or heels?

Why are they here?

Why did Dixie invite them?

How many WWE storylines can TNA steal?

Are they linked at all to Sting?

If they're not who Abyss is talking about, who is?

How much longer before Russo fucks this angle up?

So many questions coming from a storyline with old, past their prime guys that won't do shit for the younger roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back