TNA iMPACT! LD for 07/15

You mean other than force TNA to change his push from heel to face because the fans couldn't stop cheering for him?

If you're using Impact Zone fans as a measuring stick, I hoppe you have a bottle of asprin near you. Your head will be throbbing soon trying to figure them out.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

Which means a total of nothing. Also, how many years ago was that? 13 I think?

Legit question: are the ECW guys heels or faces?

Optional question to those that answer it: how long did you have to think to answer that?

Let's face it, will Pope, or Wolfe, or someone else like this get a career push because they pin Stevie Richards or Al Snow?

You really see anyone besides Barrett getting a career push from Nexus?

Pinning a washed up, "old", "fat" ECW guy gets you a lot more credibility then being the minion of the only person in your stable with talent.

I am interested to see where this angle goes. We will have to wait and see how it plays out. I don't think the invasion was as huge as the internet was saying it to be, but then again if the invasion was live then our reactions would be different. It's easy to say its a copy of Nexus which is a copy of NWO essentially.

This angle was planned months in advance though. It's just bad timing with the whole Nexus angle. I don't think people would condemn it so quickly if the Nexus angle didn't exist. I just think its way too early to give up on an angle that hasn't even started yet.

Okay so AJ is not a star no he was just named #1 on the PWI 500 for no reason

You're clearly missing my point.

What I am saying is that the Nexus angle in and of itself has the potential to push at least one up and comer, possibly more than that, whereas the ECW angle in and of itself does not have the potential to give anyone a push.

What does AJ have to do with this argument? No one is questioning him or TNA's ability to build a couple of superstars on their own (sort of). I'm questioning the ECW angle capacity to build someone up, which won't happen because pinning Dreamer or Rhino (if you can get your arm over their stomachs to pin them) does nothing for your career.

I am interested to see where this angle goes. We will have to wait and see how it plays out. I don't think the invasion was as huge as the internet was saying it to be, but then again if the invasion was live then our reactions would be different. It's easy to say its a copy of Nexus which is a copy of NWO essentially.

This angle was planned months in advance though. It's just bad timing with the whole Nexus angle. I don't think people would condemn it so quickly if the Nexus angle didn't exist. I just think its way too early to give up on an angle that hasn't even started yet.
This.

It could be decent, but there are far bigger issues than just the timing of it which are too long to list.

If you're using Impact Zone fans as a measuring stick, I hoppe you have a bottle of asprin near you. Your head will be throbbing soon trying to figure them out.

Over everywhere, not just the IZ.

Which means a total of nothing. Also, how many years ago was that? 13 I think?

Irrelevant. Like I already said – this isn't about "making new stars" the way the Nexus is. Nexus is necessary because the WWE lost all their stars to retirement and never built any predecessors. They're struggling mightily to supplant them with credible replacements, too, I'd say. I'll take Shawn Michaels over John Morrison any day and twice on Sunday.

No, he really didn't. He had good matches at times and he's a solid worker. But to suggest he's one of the best ever or a hall of fame level worker is laughable.

Hmm, we must be talking about a different Guerrero, is it Mando you're thinking of? Either that, or good wrestling isn't "in" these days, I guess I didn't pick up on that.

Logic? You're bringing logic in here? Good logic, too? I suggest you run.

Optional question to those that answer it: how long did you have to think to answer that?

They are tweeners that could be heel or faces, it all depends on the fans. Just like the Nexus are heels but fans cheer them. ECW wrestlers are heels but the fans cheer them as well.

You're clearly missing my point.

What I am saying is that the Nexus angle in and of itself has the potential to push at least one up and comer, possibly more than that, whereas the ECW angle in and of itself does not have the potential to give anyone a push.

What does AJ have to do with this argument? No one is questioning him or TNA's ability to build a couple of superstars on their own (sort of). I'm questioning the ECW angle capacity to build someone up, which won't happen because pinning Dreamer or Rhino (if you can get your arm over their stomachs to pin them) does nothing for your career.

Okay so tell me who think will be a star other then Barrett

Why do you need to know right now? Been being fed from the WWE spoon a little too long, KB – you've got a serious case of baby colic.

KB questioned it.

And I've stated, beating Rhyno means a helluva lot more than beating up on John Cena every week with 6 other guys.

Irrelevant. Like I already said – this isn't about "making new stars" the way the Nexus is. Nexus is necessary because the WWE lost all their stars to retirement and never built any predecessors. They're struggling mightily to supplant them with credible replacements, too, I'd say. I'll take Shawn Michaels over John Morrison any day and twice on Sunday.

2 things here.

1. This isn't about making new stars. That sums up the problem with this angle, or at least one of the two main ones. This is about trying to get more out of the old guys that used to mean something. It's not about planning for the future or anything like that. It's about hoping to get one big thing going and then figuring the rest out. That is bad business, period.

2. WWE definitely is planning for the future. Morrison, Miz, Kofi, Swagger, Punk, Cena, Orton, Edge, DiBiase, Sheamus Rhodes. There are ten guys right there that are young and being pushed. The oldest of that bunch is I believe Cena at 33 or so. That's a youth movement and why WWE is going to be

Why do you need to know right now? Been being fed from the WWE spoon a little too long, KB – you've got a serious case of baby colic.

No I have a case of watching TNA and knowing that if you don't get an explanation in the first two weeks of an angle you're not likely going to get one.

2 things here.

1. This isn't about making new stars. That sums up the problem with this angle, or at least one of the two main ones. This is about trying to get more out of the old guys that used to mean something. It's not about planning for the future or anything like that. It's about hoping to get one big thing going and then figuring the rest out. That is bad business, period.

You're right about the first half, and the second half is utter opinion. You consider it bad business, period, but the fans will ultimately speak for that.

2. WWE definitely is planning for the future. Morrison, Miz, Kofi, Swagger, Punk, Cena, Orton, Edge, DiBiase, Sheamus Rhodes. There are ten guys right there that are young and being pushed. The oldest of that bunch is I believe Cena at 33 or so. That's a youth movement and why WWE is going to be

No shit, man. Becuase they never started building those stars when most of their guys started getting hurt or retired – now they're forced to go full youth movement by default. That's not "good business". Good business would have been building these guys ahead of time so they were actually primed to take over when the HBK's and Flair's really bowed out full-time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back