TNA iMPACT! LD for 07/15

Brooklyn Brawler can be named at the drop of a hat too. Not a lot of people know who Danny Hodge is. Now take a guess who the bigger deal is.

Comparing apples to oranges. Not all wrestlers are created equal. Raven, Rhino, Richards, etc. all held titles. The closest Brawler ever got to gold was finding a lost earring on the floor.

You have no idea who the ECW boys are going to feud with here, so you can't possibly say that.

Regardless, this angle isn't about creating stars the way that one was/is. I'm pretty sure there are like 9 guys in Nexus. One out of nine is a pretty poor performance track record.

Well let's see.

How many stars has TNA helped build up so far? There's Jay Lethal who beats up old people.....uh.....someone help me out here......

TNA is about helping the old guys get one more payday and it always has been. Have fun believing otherwise.

Comparing apples to oranges. Not all wrestlers are created equal. Raven, Rhino, Richards, etc. all held titles. The closest Brawler ever got to gold was finding a lost earring on the floor.

Crash Holly held titles. A lot of them actually. So did Steve Blackman. Uh there was Jim Neidhart and Marty Jannetty. Love those title holders.

He won the championship, he's a good wrestler, isn't that the way it works for you?

See, Cena is a consistent worker, who puts on good matches on a daily basis... He's always good on the mic. Can't really say that for EG. He was a decent mid carder though...

First of all, I disagree with you, but perhaps your crystal ball is a little clearer than mine.

Secondly, even if Barrett is the only one to become a star from the Nexus invasion angle, at least it will produce one star. Which is one star more than the ECW angle will produce. Unless you forsee a career resurgance for frickin' D-Lo Brown.

How do you know that they cant make a star from someone who is already on the roster

Well let's see.

How many stars has TNA helped build up so far? There's Jay Lethal who beats up old people.....uh.....someone help me out here......

TNA is about helping the old guys get one more payday and it always has been. Have fun believing otherwise.

Lethal, AJ, Morgan, Terry and Pope, of the top of my head.

Crash Holly held titles. A lot of them actually. So did Steve Blackman. Uh there was Jim Neidhart and Marty Jannetty. Love those title holders.

Another apples to oranges argument. Now all titles are equal, too? US titles are equal to Heavyweight titles? :rolleyes:

lawlz.

Did you watch season 1 of NXT? Hell, did you see their match this week? They all look good when they are gangbanging John Cena, but 1 on 1, they all looked horrible besides Barrett.

But that's just it. They may be awful seprately, but together they're deadly.

lawlz.

Did you watch season 1 of NXT? Hell, did you see their match this week? They all look good when they are gangbanging John Cena, but 1 on 1, they all looked horrible besides Barrett.

I said they're becoming stars. It's a process that doesn't happen over night.

Well let's see.

Didn't Styles just get named #1 wrestler in the world by PWMagazine? Does he not count? No one would know care about Joe is he hadn't gone to TNA.

The Pope looks a lot better then he did in the E. I can name more if you like.

How do you know that they cant make a star from someone who is already on the roster

Because they haven't been able to make a star out of anyone throughout all of their mediocre careers. They haven't really been stars themselves, except for loyal ECW guys who were obviously easily impressed. And they haven't managed to elevate anyone else either.

Let's face it, will Pope, or Wolfe, or someone else like this get a career push because they pin Stevie Richards or Al Snow?

And the reason why people are comparing it to the Nexus angle is because it unfolded pretty much EXACTLY like how the first Cena beatdown occurred, just this time, people came to the rescue of Abyss.

Honestly though, if Taz decided to choke Tenay with his tie, I wouldn't care.

Not really, Nexus came out of nowhere, Wade Barrett appeared on the stage and the rest of Nexus came from the crowd, surrounded the ring, and then attacked EVERYONE in and around the ring whether they were Heel or Face, This was different, the ECW guys have been showed up pretty much every week for what? a month now?, before attacking anyone, and then they only attacked "non-ECW" guys, this invasion has been handled differently

Yep. You can't buy upper midcard jobbers like him.

I like him. I think I'm one of four fans he has.

Oh yeah he's done......uh.......seriously why was he hired?

Another apples to oranges argument. Now all titles are equal, too? US titles are equal to Heavyweight titles?

Well Raven held the US title for a day, he and Rhyno held the NWA Title which Mike Rapada held twice and for longer reigns, Richards....did he ever hold anything? Those are REAL titles damn it.

Foley can barely walk and should be retired, and I'm one of the biggest Foley marks there is.

See, Cena is a consistent worker, who puts on good matches on a daily basis... He's always good on the mic. Can't really say that for EG. He was a decent mid carder though...

Eddie Guerrero didn't have good, no GREAT matches on a daily basis as well?? And he was decent on the stick, nothing special, but good.

But that's just it. They may be awful seprately, but together they're deadly.

Yeah, because Nexus won't get stale after 5+ years right?

They can't be in Nexus their whole career, and when it ends, everyone but Barrett will drown. WWE will probably try pushing them though and Tarver and Gabriel are the only other 2 that may get lucky at getting over.

Because they haven't been able to make a star out of anyone throughout all of their mediocre careers. They haven't really been stars themselves, except for loyal ECW guys who were obviously easily impressed. And they haven't managed to elevate anyone else either.

Let's face it, will Pope, or Wolfe, or someone else like this get a career push because they pin Stevie Richards or Al Snow?

Okay so AJ is not a star no he was just named #1 on the PWI 500 for no reason

Not really, Nexus came out of nowhere, Wade Barrett appeared on the stage and the rest of Nexus came from the crowd, surrounded the ring, and then attacked EVERYONE in and around the ring whether they were Heel or Face, This was different, the ECW guys have been showed up pretty much every week for what? a month now?, before attacking anyone, and then they only attacked "non-ECW" guys, this invasion has been handled differently

This is true. The problem is that being a few weeks after another invasion, it's going to get comparison that might not be there.

The invasion tonight was good, but it's going to go badly and there's almost no way around that.

Eddie Guerrero didn't have good, no GREAT matches on a daily basis as well?? And he was decent on the stick, nothing special, but good.

No, he really didn't. He had good matches at times and he's a solid worker. But to suggest he's one of the best ever or a hall of fame level worker is laughable.

Yep. You can't buy upper midcard jobbers like him.

With a personality? No, you can't. You can buy any other member of Nexus, though, and pretend like they actually matter. But I guess we're back to calling anyone who loses a "jobber" now, right? :rolleyes:

I like him. I think I'm one of four fans he has.

Make that five.

Oh yeah he's done......uh.......seriously why was he hired?

You mean other than force TNA to change his push from heel to face because the fans couldn't stop cheering for him? Yeah, nothing, I guess. :rolleyes: Everyone knows you haven't done anything until you've won the WHC – which of course you'd whine about had he done, claiming he never deserved the opportunity, right?

Well Raven held the US title for a day, he and Rhyno held the NWA Title which Mike Rapada held twice and for longer reigns, Richards....did he ever hold anything? Those are REAL titles damn it.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

Foley can barely walk and should be retired, and I'm one of the biggest Foley marks there is.

Did you see him fight? Didn't think so. He's playing mastermind. A-OK with me.

Well, that made damn near no sense. They attacked one guy who nobody on the roster really liked anyway. We've seen people coming through the crowd do worse before. Yet that somehow justified having most of the roster do a run-in.

Utterly pointless nonsense, preceeded by someone suggesting we hang Abyss' girl from the top of the iMPACT Zone.

TNA! TNA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back