TNA iMPACT! LD for 07/15

Oh, believe me, I'm not. Couldn't give less than a shit about the TNA product right now, but the spoilers said that it was better than the NXT invasion, so I had to take a peek. Then I realized that looking at the audience that 95% of them were greasy rednecks who got free tickets, so it is what it is.

Go ahead, you act like I would remotely give a shit.

Wouldn't be caught dead watching RAW live. No fast-forward capabilities then. ;)

I liked it, it ended a bit too abruptly, but I'm curious as to where it's going, lots of questions still need to be answered, like why did she invite them, who are the "they" Abyss was talking about if they weren't the ECW guys

And for the record Nexus was a ripoff of the Invasion angle WWE did, which was a ripoff of the nWo, you could claim that pretty much anything that happens in wrestling is a ripoff of something someone else has already done before
And that's the truth.

LMAO!

Thanks, KB. I haven't laughed like that in ages.

Better stars. :lmao:

You talking about those walking flatlines you call "mid-carders"? What are their names again?

The thing is, the Nexus invasion angle at least has the potential to create new stars, maybe they'll be successful, maybe they won't, time will tell.

All the ECW invasion angle does is dredge up guys who I was watching when I was in elementary school (pardon the slight exaggeration), except older, fatter, and even less relevant. And it's hard to imagine being less relevant than ECW.

LMAO!

Thanks, KB. I haven't laughed like that in ages.

Better stars. :lmao:

You talking about those walking flatlines you call "mid-carders"? What are their names again?

Well let's see.

Stevie Richards: famous for being a clueless putz (Styles' words, not mine)

Dreamer: career jobber

Rhyno: he's done.....what in the last three years?

Raven: most overrated guy not named Eddie Guerrero this century.

GREAT stuff there.

Well let's see.

GREAT stuff there.

Eddie Guerrero was overrated?? Coulda fooled me.

The thing is, the Nexus invasion angle at least has the potential to create new stars, maybe they'll be successful, maybe they won't, time will tell.

All the ECW invasion angle does is dredge up guys who I was watching when I was in elementary school (pardon the slight exaggeration), except older, fatter, and even less relevant. And it's hard to imagine being less relevant than ECW.

Nexus is only gonna create 1 star Thats Barrett no one else in the group has star Potential

You can't teach talent, bud. None of those "budding mid-carders" behind Barrett have a shot in hell at developing a personality, let alone becoming a star. Then again, the WWE does push other drab "characters" like Rey Mysterio, so what do I know?

Well let's see.

GREAT stuff there.

Richards, Dreamer, Rhyno, Raven, Foley – all can be named by fans across the world on the drop of a dime. Who are the Nexus, again? Barrett and... the guy who does the flip?

At least they've accomplished something in their wrestling careers.

Better than a bunch of guys WWE didn't feel like sending back to developmental.

Yes, those guys they didn't feel like sending to developmental who are involved in the biggest angle on the Flagship show right now.

You're making it sound like Wade Barrett is jobbing to Yoshi Tatsu on Superstars.

Well let's see.

GREAT stuff there.

As opposed to.

Justin Gabriel: Wow, he can do a 450 splash, no one else can do that kind of stuff.

Heath Slater:.....

Darren Young: Darren fucking nobody Young

David Otunga: Nobody, never will be.

You can't teach talent, bud. None of those "budding mid-carders" behind Barrett have a shot in hell at developing a personality, let alone becoming a star. Then again, the WWE does push other drab "characters" like Rey Mysterio, so what do I know?

Richards, Dreamer, Rhyno, Raven, Foley – all can be named by fans across the world on the drop of a dime. Who are the Nexus, again? Barrett and... the guy who does the flip?

Brooklyn Brawler can be named at the drop of a hat too. Not a lot of people know who Danny Hodge is. Now take a guess who the bigger deal is.

So it's Nexus 1, ECW 0.

You have no idea who the ECW boys are going to feud with here, so you can't possibly say that.

Regardless, this angle isn't about creating stars the way that one was/is. I'm pretty sure there are like 9 guys in Nexus. One out of nine is a pretty poor performance track record.

Nexus is only gonna create 1 star Thats Barrett no one else in the group has star Potential

First of all, I disagree with you, but perhaps your crystal ball is a little clearer than mine.

Secondly, even if Barrett is the only one to become a star from the Nexus invasion angle, at least it will produce one star. Which is one star more than the ECW angle will produce. Unless you forsee a career resurgance for frickin' D-Lo Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back