TNA iMPACT! LD for 07/15

Yeah, because the likes of Balls Mahoney, Rhino, Team 3D, and a Mick Foley who can barely walk at this point sets off alarms of gripping television for me.

The WWE gives you a reason to care about the Nexus. The only reason why I checked out the last 10 minutes of Impact was because I wanted to see how this actually played out, and it was horrible.

At least we got D-Lo in a wrestling ring again though!

So don't watch it, GC. What do you want me to tell you? If you find the fantastically boring Nexus members outside Barrett more than Raven, Foley, Dreamer and co., then go watch them. No one's standing in your way.

Want me to start coming into RAW LD's every week just to bitch about how fucking BORING those pathetic Nexus members are so we can even this fight up?

You really aren't that bright. That first attack was brilliant... People were booing like a mother fucker. That Nexus shit was well done. This was a generic ripoff, and a bad generic ripoff, at that..
Yup. And after that, their top member got released. And then...

And then...

...Anything?

At least this one will go somewhere. Even if it's... nowhere.

Unwatchable. Again. Yet you continue to watch. No failure in logic there, man...

I guess if you consider changing the channel to see the last 5 minutes of the show to see if it truly was as bad as the LD was making it sound, as watching the show, then guilty as charged.

By the way, no one is suggesting the Nexus invasion is new or unique, invasions of this go back to nWo and beyond. It's not a question of new, it's a question of how well done it was. And again, TNA comes across as a cheap WWE rip-off.

Because, unsurprisingly, to them WWE does everything right and everyone else does everything wrong.

And are you people really going to tell me that Steve and Rhino are fat and worse at what they do than the NXT rookies not named Wade Barrett? You're all pretty fucking stupid if you believe that.

Tarvers good.

And the reason why people are comparing it to the Nexus angle is because it unfolded pretty much EXACTLY like how the first Cena beatdown occurred, just this time, people came to the rescue of Abyss.

Honestly though, if Taz decided to choke Tenay with his tie, I wouldn't care.

See, here's the problem with this angle.

Let's say it's completely unaffected by Nexus. Let's say that no one in TNA has ever heard of Nexus. Ok that's all fine and good. One problem: 95% of fans minimum are going to compare it to Nexus whether it's the same thing or not and that is where it's going to look like a ripoff and a miserable imitation. You can stand on the highest mountain you want and say it's different, but most fans flat out will not buy it.

Sadly, you're not wrong.

See, here's the problem with this angle.

Let's say it's completely unaffected by Nexus. Let's say that no one in TNA has ever heard of Nexus. Ok that's all fine and good. One problem: 95% of fans minimum are going to compare it to Nexus whether it's the same thing or not and that is where it's going to look like a ripoff and a miserable imitation. You can stand on the highest mountain you want and say it's different, but most fans flat out will not buy it.

Good for them. It's not as though TNA is stealing WWE fans hand-over-fist right now as it is, so what does it matter? You really think just because a couple of smarks on a forum are drawing comparisons between two very different invasion angles that TNA will suffer for it? I seriously doubt it, KB.

Yup. And after that, their top member got released. And then...

And then...

...Anything?

At least this one will go somewhere. Even if it's... nowhere.

Daniel Bryan was not better than Wade. Both Wade and Tarver will go places. And the rest will be solid mid carders with there momentum. All the attacks have been good, thank you very much.

I guess if you consider changing the channel to see the last 5 minutes of the show to see if it truly was as bad as the LD was making it sound, as watching the show, then guilty as charged.

By the way, no one is suggesting the Nexus invasion is new or unique, invasions of this go back to nWo and beyond. It's not a question of new, it's a question of how well done it was. And again, TNA comes across as a cheap WWE rip-off.

So don't watch.

And the reason why people are comparing it to the Nexus angle is because it unfolded pretty much EXACTLY like how the first Cena beatdown occurred, just this time, people came to the rescue of Abyss.

Honestly though, if Taz decided to choke Tenay with his tie, I wouldn't care.

Yeah, I'm sure when the Nexus beat Cena down, the entire locker room and back-stage emptied and started drawing lines in the sand attacking each other. :rolleyes:

Oh wait, that's right, they didn't.

Good for them. It's not as though TNA is stealing WWE fans hand-over-fist right now as it is, so what does it matter? You really think just because a couple of smarks on a forum are drawing comparisons between two very different invasion angles that TNA will suffer for it? I seriously doubt it, KB.

Why watch an imitation when you can watch the real thing with better stars?

So don't watch it, GC. What do you want me to tell you? If you find the fantastically boring Nexus members outside Barrett more than Raven, Foley, Dreamer and co., then go watch them. No one's standing in your way.

Want me to start coming into RAW LD's every week just to bitch about how fucking BORING those pathetic Nexus members are so we can even this fight up?

It'd be entertaining.

I liked it, it ended a bit too abruptly, but I'm curious as to where it's going, lots of questions still need to be answered, like why did she invite them, who are the "they" Abyss was talking about if they weren't the ECW guys

And for the record Nexus was a ripoff of the Invasion angle WWE did, which was a ripoff of the nWo, you could claim that pretty much anything that happens in wrestling is a ripoff of something someone else has already done before

Daniel Bryan was not better than Wade. Both Wade and Tarver will go places. And the rest will be solid mid carders with there momentum. All the attacks have been good, thank you very much.
He had just as much potential and build as Wade. And Tarver is just a freak with an attitude problem. Justin Gabriel seems better than him.

Oh, believe me, I'm not. Couldn't give less than a shit about the TNA product right now, but the spoilers said that it was better than the NXT invasion, so I had to take a peek. Then I realized that looking at the audience that 95% of them were greasy rednecks who got free tickets, so it is what it is.

Go ahead, you act like I would remotely give a shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back