TNA Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically like CW Division but theres no weight limits or anything like that... Right now it plays out as TNA second belt.. Much better then CW Division.. Anyone can compete in it.. An Ultimate X match is used to defend the title blah blah blah...

I hope that explained a bit.

RVD75 said:
Im new to TNA can somebody tell me what the x devision is?
TNA's X division is commonly misunderstood and I'm not sure why. It's pretty clear on what it is once you tune in. In any case, it's a title designed for fast-paced wrestlers. A lot of people think it's for highflyers only, but there's some people who are not highflyers (specifically the current champion Senshi) but are still in it. It's possibly the most entertaining division in wrestling history.

Earlier someone stated that the title is defended in an ultimate X match. Not really the case. The Ultimate X match occurs only every so often. It's pretty rare, but really good. What it is, is there are two ropes crossing over eachother forming an X suspended about 15 feet above the ring. You have to climb a steel structure which is suspended on each turnbuckle (four of them, one on each turnbuckle post). When you climb up there you still have to climb across to get to the title which is suspended in the middle. The Ultimate X match is usually with three wrestlers in a triple threat, but there has been one ultimate X for the Tag team titles.

Im not sure about an injury and i know he didnt retire. He most likely is helping talent backstage and TNA has nothing for him now.

He is in semi-retirement. He will work a match every once in awhile (hardcore war this past june for instance) but not much of anything. Kind of like a road agent.

How come TNA is able to keep the NWA title I though that title went everywhere?

TNA hasnt been apart of the NWA since 2004. They still have rights to there titles for another 8 years.

I answered it the right way.

Did TNA used to have a slogan that says "We are wrestling"? I thought of the phrase the other day and it seems familiar but I can't figure out where it came from.

why can't people just accpetd that TNA is still growing and its smart to have the older wrestler as champions then the new wrestlers?

Went to six sided ring at the end of 2004 with the debut of Impact on FSN and their first PPV Victory Road. TNA made the slogan "we are wrestling" alongside the Kurt Angle announcement last month. It is still in use, but just like evry other TNA marketing issue, it is not being handled properly or being pushed in any noteworthy fashion. TNA's marketing is pathetic to put it straight and simple. It is a major part of what holds this company back from developing any traction.

And you dont need to have the older guys as champions to get new viewers. This is where shortsided fans and shortsided TNA officials and writers get it all wrong. The older guys will attract an audience regardless. People couldnt give a fuck if they are the champions. If a perosn watches to see Sting, they are happy to see him there. They dont need to see the title on him to be reminded of how important he is. But when they tune in to see Sting and see all this other amazing talent, and see that Sting cant hold a fkn candle to the guys that actually hold those titles, they begin watching for a whole different reason. Sting should be the cake under a cardboard box that lures in the fat kid. Guys like LAX, Daniels, Joe, Styles, Sabin, Dutt, Low Ki, Shelley, Abyss, Rhino, AMW, Naturals, Truth, Elix, and so many others, are the guys that pull the string and trap the fat kid under the box.

Sting and Steiner and Kurt will draw because they have fans and the respect of these fans. Apart from Kurt, in an organisation like TNA, in an organisation that stands for what TNA stands, there is no room nor a need to have these draws holding titles. They are a draw not a mainevent. People already care about Sting, and yes he should remain in the spotlight in some capacity, but he can do somehting else. Holding the title is unnecessary and even regressive and counter-productive.

The novelty of Sting being around wears off fast, in fact I think it already has. And TNA didnt make anyone care about the other stars of the company before this time came. Thus, they have a reduced drawing ability on Sting (as people are already getting over the novelty of having him around again) and nobody cares enough to stick around and watch the other guys. TNA, through their inability to look past the obvious and observe the potential outcomes of such moves in their holistic capacity have failed to secure the fans that Sting brought in. Dido for Steiner. And nobody even knows Angle is there. I have told about, no shit now, 40+ people about Angle in TNA. 15 or so of these guys have watched TNA before (not internet fans like myself though). Not one of them knew of the Angle move.

Bringing me back to my first point: TNA's marketing department deserves death by firing squad. They suck at what they do and have failed to make the waves that TNA needs. Sorry for going on this rant in the Q+A but my initial anwers to questions lead to more questions whihc in turn lead to a lecture. I apologise for that, but I beleive what I brought up was constructive and valid.

Can someone explain the Fight for the Right tournament? It's really muddy coming from the announce team.

havok95 said:
Can someone explain the Fight for the Right tournament? It's really muddy coming from the announce team.
I totalelly agree with you, I think that at this point Abyss will face the winner of Styles vs. Roode vs. Truth to determine the #1 contender, I beleive thats how it works anyway, could be wrong

side note: this is the most confuseing tournament I have ever seen in the history of wrestling

I don't actually live in the UK but just out of curiosity, does TNA Impact! and TNA PPVs air in the UK. If so on what channel and what time? And also, is it all old stuff, brand new, on a couple weeks tape delay etc.???

If someone could answer that I would really appreciate. Thanx guys.

attila said:
I don't actually live in the UK but just out of curiosity, does TNA Impact! and TNA PPVs air in the UK. If so on what channel and what time? And also, is it all old stuff, brand new, on a couple weeks tape delay etc.???

If someone could answer that I would really appreciate. Thanx guys.
TNA Impact! airs on The Wrestling Channel in the UK. Here's a link where you can find out more about it.
http://thewrestlingchannel.tv/promotions.php?id=tna
http://www.tnawrestlinguk.com/

I think that having Sting as champion (the biggest wrestler ever not to have worked for WWE, IMO) is a big draw for anti-WWE fans.

kapp said:
TNA Impact! airs on The Wrestling Channel in the UK. Here's a link where you can find out more about it.
http://thewrestlingchannel.tv/promotions.php?id=tna
http://www.tnawrestlinguk.com/

Really sorry to bring this up again, but I wanted a little more in-depth info. Is it up to date with the US airings? A week behind? A fortnight behind? A month behind? Are the PPVs up to date? Or (if Impact is delayed) are PPVs also on delay? And how come 3 different channels air TNA. Whats the difference between what is aired on WTC, Eurosport & Bravo???

Thank-you so much, I really need this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back