The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

WCW Region - Dallas, TX
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Muhammad Hassan - Like said before, easy victory for Austin. Quick stunner that breaks Hassan's neck.
Winner: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Justin Credible - I see alot of people doubting Justin on this one, and that's a shame cause he's got great ability. However, Roddy is a legend, and back in his prime he coulud out RASSLE anyone.
Winner: Rowdy Roddy Piper

Chris Benoit vs. Kerry Von Erich - Definately got the most potential for match of the tournament. This battle goes long, real long, maybe 30 or 40 minutes before finally Von Erich passes out in the midst of the Crippler, losing the battle.
Winner: Chris Benoit

Tito Santana vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Classic WWF match up, however I've never seen much in Duggan honestly, I just don't like his style. Tito on the other hand was one of the most graceful performers of his era, would've done any cruiserweight division a big favor if he had been born ten years later.
Winner: Tito Santana

WWE Region - Montreal
Hulk Hogan vs. Ahmed Johnson - Ahmed brawls a bit with Hulk, surprising everyone, but eventually Hogan gets the big boot and that legendary leg drop for the 1-2-3.
Winner: Hulk Hogan

Sid Vicious vs. Sabu - In what will be one hell of a battle, I'm going with Sabu on this one because I've always seen him as one of the greatest of all time. I think if gets on that top rope and does a little flying legwork to Sid, he'll put him down for the triple jump moonsault. Sabu in a huge upset. (Really I'm just picking him because I'm afraid no one else will and I love him)
Winner: Sabu

The Sandman vs. Carlito - Although Carlito has got incredibly talent showing early in his career, I just see him as being to green to really get a hold onto the Sandman. Maybe a little distraction from Woman and Sandman cracks him with the cane.
Winner: The Sandman

AJ Styles vs. Chavo Guerrero - Although Chavo has definately proven his worth (mostly from his great WCW days) he doesn't stand a chance against the Phenomenal AJ Styles. I may be a huge mark for the guy, but my god have you ever seen anybody do the things he does? (Just watch the Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels triple threat from a while ago)
Winner: AJ Styles

Great stuff so far, keep it goin'

I like the dog collar ideas, good job Shockmaster.

As for the Y2J vs. Snuka match... maybe the entire ring apron is covered in hot coals? You know, since Snuka wrestles barefoot? lol

Seriously though, I can't see anything other than a cage match. Sure Snuka innovated the cage match, but Y2J built on that for years. Maybe I'm just a mark and want to see that? lol I dunno...

i love that idea to but maybe a hell in a cell to keep him close 2 i wanna see rhyno and tazz in a dog collar that sounds perfect

Connor- Jeff Hardy is in it. He's in the ECW Region and he'll be wrestling Scott Hall in round 2.

DX 4-evr. This thing will end the night before Wrestlemania.

I'll probably give you guys a list that I've come up with for Raw Roulette in the next couple of days. I'm going to keep some matches off of it, like the Taipei Death Match, because there really isn't too much to it.

Here are the results for today.
WCW Region - Chicago

Match 1: I was definetly shocked to see how this one went. Either people never saw Lex Luger wrestle in his prime, or severly dislike him personally. Anyways. Luger advances to Round 3 by taking down Balls Mahoney with 55% of the vote.

Match 2: This is another one that is sure to cause a mini uprise. Big John Studd takes down Chris Sabin with 54%. The TNA fans have arrived, they are the minority, but they are a very vocal minority.

Match 3: Well, no McMahons will make it to round 3. William Regal takes out the Heir to the Empire with 64% of the vote.

Match 4: In a slugfest, again, shocked to see it this close, Brock Lesnar takes out Tank Abbott. Lesnar is going to Atlanta with 83'% of the vote. I was almost certain Brock would get into the 90's.

Headin Over to Nashville.
Match 5: Jeff Jarret has no problems with the Juice. Jarret is going to his arena with 86% of the vote.

Match 6: Well we are goin gto have ourselves one interesting match in the next round. Jim Neidhart becomes the 2nd Hart Foundation member to go home as Double A takes him down with 76%.

Match 7: The Great Muta is eliminated. The Big Show takes him down with 64% of the vote.

Match 8: The MF'ers are goign to be upset. Matt Hardy goes home in round 2, but really, is there any shame in losing to Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat with 64%.

So here are the 3rd round matchups.
Atlanta
Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd (Luger with the match stip)
William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar (Regal picks the match type)

TNA Region - Impact Zone, Orlando
Jeff Jarret vs. Arn Anderson (Jarret picks the match in his environment)
The Big Show vs. Ricky The Dragon Steamboat (Big Show gets to pick, interesting)

Now onto todays matchups. The first set of matches comes from the TNA Region - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC. All matches are conducted inside of a six sided ring.

Match 1: Rob Van Dam vs. the Living Legend Larry Zybysko
How they got here
RVD: Defeated Christopher Nowinski with 100% of the vote.
Zybysko: Defeated the Renegade with 70% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor
Ring Advantage: RVD

Match 2: Edge vs. King Kong Bundy
How they got here
Edge: Defeated the Alpha Male Monty Brown with 90% of the vote.
Bundy: Defeated Billy Kidman with 64% of the vote, via the 5 count.
Ring Advantage: Edge, Slightly

Match 3: Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero vs. Road Warrior Hawk
How they got here:
Guerrero: Defeated Steve Blackman with 100% of the vote.
Hawk: Defeated Frankie Kazarian with 80% of the vote.
Ring Advantage: Guerrero

Match 4: Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner vs. Petey Williams
How they got Here:
Steiner: Defeated Viscera with 87% of the vote.
Williams: Defeated Hakushi with 58% of the vote.
Ring Advantage: Williams

Now the bottom half of the card is from Miami. All matches will be conducted under basic WCW Rules.

Match 5: The Rock vs. Jamie Noble
How they got here:
The Rock: Defeated Joey Abs with 100% of the vote.
Noble: Defeated Funaki with 80% of the vote.

Match 6: Sgt. Slaughter vs. Mikey Whipwreck
How they got here:
Slaughter: Defeated the Great Khali with 69% of teh vote.
Whipwreck: Defeated Prince Iaukea with 88% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a problem.

Match 7: Magnificent Don Muraco vs. Steve Corinio
How they got ehre:
Muraco: Defeated Maven with 88% of the vote.
Corino: Defeated 911 with 76% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't factor.

Match 8: Christian Cage vs. Elix Skipper
How they got here:
Cage: Defeated Jerry The King Lawler with 65% of the vote.
Skipper: Defeated Orlando Jordan with 61% of the vote.

The poll is now closed​

Some pretty good matches here. I may be in the unpopular here, but I see Zybsko over RVD. Zybsko can take advantage of the rules and is underrated. He was a great wrestler. If they fought ten times I see 6-4. Edge/Bundy another good one but I go with Edge. Eddie has the speed to get around Hawks power. Big Poppa Pump slips by Petey. The Rock & the Sarge kill their opponents. Muraco wins pretty easily. In what I think would be a great match Elix takes down Christian, another one where it may not be the popular vote, but I believe David Young may want revenge on TNA(although he was a waste of time) and destracts Christian for Elix to get the pin. They get revenge on TNA. I know its WCW rules but if they eliminate the Champ of TNA a great coo. Keep up the good work Shockmaster.
I am wondering two things, in round 3 do we pick the stip of the higher seed or do you give us the stip? 2nd question I have a private message how do I read it, if anyone could help out I would be appreciative.

Well on the stipulations for round 3, I will ultimately decide, but i'm letting people throw in their two cents. It's tough to come up with 32 matches, and I figured it would get more people involved with it. private messages you should just be able to click on Private Message and it'll link ya.

So my ideas for match types for round 3.
Atlanta
Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd - this is interesting because Luger is neither a speedster or a technical master, he is raw power, much like Studd. I could see Luger possibly facing studd in a thirty minute Iron Man match, simply for stamina reasons, but then again, I don't k now how smart that is wrestling 3 matches in three nights. luger has to have something to exploit Studds slowness.

William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar: Regal gets to pick the match type. Again this one is tough because on the technical skills, I think Regal has a slight advantage, but if it comes to mat wrestling, Lesnar destroys almost anybody. Lesnar is stronger then Regal, and I'd say Lesnar is faster. I would give knowledge and experience edge to Regal. This is a tough matchup for Regal, and again, can't think of a good gimmick matchup yet.

TNA Region-
Jeff Jarrett vs. Arn Anderson: A very good pure wrestlign matchup. As much as people disliek Double J, there is no doubting his in ring ability. Jarret has to utilize his speed in this one. I could possibly see something like a Guitar on a Pole match, where the winner is when the person smashes the guitar on the other person. tough call.

The Big Show vs. Ricky Steamboat. Show has to utilize his strength. Steamboat can out wrestle Show any day of the week, but can't out power him. I can see the Big Nasty Bastard going very cheap on us and make it a Choke Slam Challenge or a Body Slam Challenge, thus guaranteeing him into round 4.

Now onto todays' matchups.
RVD vs. Larry Zybysko: While Larry is the better wrestler, in that environment I can't see RVD being slowed down enough for Z to apply any painful submission holds. I see RVD taking this one.

Edge vs. Bundy: I honestly believe this one is tougher to call then most people think. If Edge tried to hit a spear, he'd probably dislocate his shoulder. Bundy is a mountain and he's not going to move. Even with the Impaler it requires Edge to lift his opponent off the mat, and I cant see that happening. I actually see Bundy dominating this match, but missing the Avalanche and Edge gets the rollup, foot on the rope victory.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Road Warrior Hawk: I like Guerrero in this a lot. Eddie has made a good career out of taking down men bigger then him, and I see that trend rolling on.

Scott Steiner vs. Petey Williams: Williams definetly has the advantage in this ring, but he's not going to be able to hit his sweet ass finisher on a guy the size of Steiner. If Steiner gets a hold of Williams, this matchup is over. I don't see any other ending besides Williams choked out in the Steiner Recliner.

Miami;
The Rock vs. Jamie Noble: Interesting matchup, but I can't see Noble winning this. His size is too much of a disadvantage against a locomotive like the Rock.

Sgt. Slaughter v.s. Mikey Whipwreck: This isn't ECW and this isn't Prince Iaukea. I know the Sarge had a greuling matchup with Khali, but I think he is more then enough to take down the former ECW Champion.

Don Muraco vs. Steve Corino: Again another Raw power man against a junior that can't hide behind rules. Corino out wrestles Muraco, yes, but I just Muraco getting those huge arms wrapped around Corino and ending this matchup.

Christian Cage vs. Elix Skipper: Tarp, that's actually a very good scenario that you have laid out and I coudl see it happening. there is no doubt Primetime has insane talent, but i'm going to go with Cage on this one.

Potential Round 3 Matchups:
Impact Zone:
RVD vs. Edge: Very interesting with RVD choosing the matchup. Edge I think matches up with RVD better then anyone, a very even match.
Eddie Guerrero vs. Big Poppa Pump: Eddie chooses the match, so you know it'll involve lying, cheating and stealing to win it.

Atlanta:
The Rock vs. The Sarge: Obviously the Rock will need something to exploit his stamina advantage. He iwll probably use a match that negates the Sarge from using any weapons.
Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage: Again, Muraco is a powerful man and will get to choose the match. Obviously something to keep Christian grounded, and try to make the match as short as possible.

I was thinking about a stipulation for the Regal/Lesnar match, and much like the Double J/Double A idea, something like brass knuckles on a pole or something like it since Regal likes to use the brass knucks.

Love the tournament Shockmaster, you are a wrestling stats god!

TNA Region - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC.

Match 1: Rob Van Dam vs. the Living Legend Larry Zybysko
Zbysko is great, but RVD is fresh from his match, Larry isn't. In the six sided ring RVD wins hands down.

Match 2: Edge vs. King Kong Bundy
Tough matchup... Bundy certainly has the size advantage but Edge has a speed advantage. I say Edge wears him down enough to get him to the mat with a splash off the top rope, followed by some bending of the rules to win the match.

Match 3: Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero vs. Road Warrior Hawk
Easy choice.Hawk was amazing and part of the best Tag Team in history, but Latino heat, as Shockmaster said, made a career of beating bigger guys. My pick is Eddie.

Match 4: Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner vs. Petey Williams
Williams is tired from his previous match. Steneir's size and strength gets him the victory.

WCW Region - Miami.

Match 5: The Rock vs. Jamie Noble
noble gets a shot or two in but the Rock counters with a rock bottom for a very convincing victory, going into his match with Slaughter fresh.

Match 6: Sgt. Slaughter vs. Mikey Whipwreck
Slaughter is tired, but Mikey Whipwreck isn't really anyone at all... easy choice here. My pick is the Sarge.

Match 7: Magnificent Don Muraco vs. Steve Corinio
Another easy choice, Muraco is one of the best of all time.

Match 8: Christian Cage vs. Elix Skipper
Great match here, but I'm going to have to go with Cage based on accomplishment mostly.

Potential Round 3 matches:

RVD vs. Edge: Great match, even though we've seen it before. With RVD picking the match-up it could be anything, and you know he won't go easy on himself just because he's wrestling the next night. I'm going to go with either a TNA specialty - Ultimate X match or six sides of steel - or plainly an Extreme Rules match Edge could probably hang with RVD in those matches, but you know Rob has the advantage... too bad it can't be a TLC match.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Scott Steiner: Hmm... another very interesting match. I'm thinking Ladder match as it gives Eddie the speed advantage. If not, someway that gives Eddie an advantage an not to Steiner.

The Rock vs. Sargent Slaughter: Another very cool match that's tough to choose a stip for. The Rock has a speed advantage, as well as a stamina advantage, but he's not the type to want to tire himself heading into all those matches.

Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage; Another very cool match that I'd love to see. Muraco needs to take advantage of his size. I'm thinking Bull Rope match.

3rd round match Stipulations:

Atlanta
Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd (Power vs. Power... but Luger has a little bit of a speed advantage. You may disagree with me here... but I'm going to go an odd way and say a Ladder Match. it would be completely to Luger's advantage, think about it. Studd Probably can't climb a ladder.)

William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar (Another interesting match-up. I honestly don't see any aspect of his abilities that are better than Lesnar's - the real total package. His only chance is to try and fight Lesnar and take him down. A downright dirty Manchester Street Fight is what I'm thinking here.)

TNA Region - Impact Zone, Orlando
Jeff Jarret vs. Arn Anderson (I like Guitar on a pole match.)

The Big Show vs. Ricky The Dragon Steamboat (I don't see how show won't pick a Chokeslam challenge. Any other match type he's risking a loss.)

Great match ups this round.

TNA Region - Hammerstien Ballroom, NY
Rob Van Dam vs. Larry Zybysko - Very easy match up here, I can't imagine anyone picking Zybysko in this one. Never a very solid wrestler. RVD takes this easily.
Winner: Rob Van Dam

Edge vs. King Kong Bundy - Although Bundy has got the size advantage, Edge is easily the all around better wrestler. Edge takes this one in an upset.
Winner: Edge

Eddie Guerrero vs. Road Warrior Hawk - Though the LOD were one of the best tag teams, they were lost in singles competition. Guerrero easily takes this one too.
Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Scott Steiner vs. Petey Williams - This was a very hard match for me. I've always loved Petey's style, and I think he's one of the best up and comers in the business, not to mention he's got the best finisher maybe ever. However, Steiner is just too powerful for his high flying style. Steiner in a squeaker.
Winner: Scott Steiner

WCW Region - Miami, FL
The Rock vs. Jamie Noble - Noble barely gets into the ring before Rock hits the Rock Bottom for the 1-2-3.
Winner: The Rock

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Mikey Whipwreck - I'm a big Mikey fan, but no one in their right mind can pick him over an icon like Slaughter.
Winner: Sgt. Slaughter

Don Muraco vs. Steve Corino - I feel bad for anybody who never saw Muraco in his prime, a force to be reckoned with. He easily demolishes Corino.
Winner: Don Muraco

Christian Cage vs. Elix Skipper - Elix has got the speed advantage, but Cage is so underrated its a tragedy. Cage takes this one in a nice fight.
Winner: Christian Cage

Keep the results comin'

Results are in from Dallas and Montreal.

WCW Region- Dallas
Match 1: Beer bath and Stunners for everyone. Austin has no problem takign out both, Hassan and Davari with 97% of the vote. Nothing beats a 20 minute beer bash to open the show.

Match 2: Justin Credible lands one helluva Cane shot in between Piper's eyes, and then gets his ass beat to Holy Hell after that. Piper has no problem with the Impact Player as he goes on with 92% of the vote.

Match 3: The Crippler takes down the Hometown Boy Kerry Von Erich. Benoit goes for the ankle lock,b ut Von Erich's foot falls off and forces him to tap in the crossface (very bad taste, yes). Benoit goes to Atlanta with 89% of the vote.

Match 4: Damn close match that went back and forth for a long time, but at the End Tito Santana is too much for Hacksaw to take down. Santana goes on with only 52%.

Now we head to Montreal.
WWE Region.

Match 5: The Hogan Haters weren't out as bad this time as they were last, since I guess Ahmed can conceivably win more then Rodney. Hogan however Hulks up and takes down the Pearl River Monster. Hogan goes on with 89%.

Match 6: This one I am pleasently suprised. I didn't vote it this way, but I can't complain. Sabu takes down Sid in his own ring with 55% of the vote. I'm actually stunned to see this happen.

Match 7: Anotehr very close matchup, but in the End, Carlito is too much for the Sandman to handle. Carlito advances with only 55% of the vote as well.

Match 8: Sure to cause a stir, this match wasn't even close. AJ Styles takes down Chavo Guerrero with relative ease. Styles is going to MSG with 86% of the vote.

So here are some 3rd round matchups made.
WCW Region - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA.
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper (Austin chooses the match)
The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. El Matador Tito Santana (Benoit with the stip.)

WWE Region - MSG, NYC, NY
The Immortal Hulk Hogan vs. the Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying Sabu!!!(Hogan chooses the match).
Carlito Carribean Cool vs. The Phenomenal AJ Styles (Styles with the match type)

Well here are the matches for today. Based upon Round 1 results and some of the smack talking going on before these matches were made, I'm pretty sure that no what the outcome, people are going to be pissed *cough* JBL v. Samoa Joe.

So Lets Get to it. The First Set of matches come from the TNA Region - Hartford, CT. All matches are conducted inside of the Six Sided Ring.

Match 1: Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Paul London
How they got here:
Triple H: Defeated Nasty Boy Brian Knobs with 100% of the vote.
London: Defeated The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan with 65% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Triple H has ties to both Randy Orton and Curt Hennig. Now whether he forms an alliance or starts up old feuds is up in the air.
Ring Advantage: Paul London

Match 2: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Orton
How they got here:
DDP: Defeated Evan Karagias with 100% of the vote.
RKO: Defeated the Freebird Michael P.S. Hayes with 89% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: DDP has never been to fond of Curt Hennig. Depending upon what or if Orton interferes with Triple H will determine interference.
Ring Advantage: Neither

Match 3: Big Van Vader vs. Jake the Snake Roberts
How they Got Here:
Vader: Defeated the Mountie with 96% of teh vote.
The Snake: Defeated Senshi with 71% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor.
Ring Advantage: Neither

Match 4: Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig vs. Crash Holly
How they got here:
Hennig: Defeated Ole Anderson with 89% of the vote.
Holly: Defeated Johnny Hot Body with 65% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Hennig has the benefit of wrestling last in this region. So if he interferes in other matches, he can expect retaliation in his matchup.

The other half of matches takes place in Los Angeles. All matches take place under WCW Rules.
Match 5: Sting vs. the Monster Abyss
How they got here:
Sting: Defeated Gerald Brisco with 100% of the vote.
Abyss: Defeated David Flair with 93% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Besides these two hating each other, shouldn't be a problem.

Match 6: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri
How they Got Here:
Misterio: Defeated Vince Russo with 96% of the vote.
Tajiri: Defeated Vince McMahon with 76% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: What besides the two egomaniacs that they beat, which are probably looking for revenge, shouldn't be a problem....

Match 7: The Hardcore Legend Terry Funk vs. Fit Finlay
How they got here:
Funk: Defeated the Big Bossman with 86% of the vote.
Finlay: Defeated Super Crazy with 56% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor, where's little Bastard?

Match 8: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. the Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe
How they Got Here:
JBL: Defeated Sean O'Haire with 89% of the vote.
Joe: Defeated The World's Strongest Man Mark Henry with 89% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor.

This poll is now closed​

Man I can't believe this was actually one of the easiest rounds for me so far. Only really thought for man than a couple seconds on like 2 of the matchs. Here we go with my picks...

TNA Region - Hartford, CT
Triple H vs. Paul London - An easy victory for Hunter here, London trys some fancy footwork and Triple H gets him with the pedigree around the one minute mark.
Winner: Triple H

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Orton - Another easy one for me, as I may be in the minority in thinking that DDP is absolutely talentless. Terrible wrestler, never understood why he was over. Orton RKO's DDP straight to hell.
Winner: Randy Orton

Vader vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts - A great, classic WWF type match. This one goes on for a good 15 minutes in a show stealer, until finally Vader is just too much for The Snake, and takes him down with the biggest damn moonsault in the business.
Winner: Vader

Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig vs. Crash Holly - Crash should never have advanced past the first round (I forgot who exactly was his opponent but remember knowing he shouldn't have beat him). Hennig takes this one quickly, bashing in Cousin Elroy's stupid smirk.
Winner: Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig

WCW Region - Los Angeles, CA
Sting vs. Abyss - lol, Isn't that a coincidence? Although Abyss is a great big guy and I've got tons of hope in his future that he'll become a legend, Sting is too well established to lose this one. Sting takes him in the scorpion death lock, deservingly winning this one. Here come the TNA fanboys...
Winner: Sting

Rey Mysterio vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri - An absolute classic match, perhaps the best of this tournament so far. These two provide a showstopper here back in the WCW ring and put on a lucha libre wrestling clinic. Note the crowd chanting for more at the end of the match, when Mysterio is barely able to take out Tajiri around the 20 minute mark.
Winner: Rey Mysterio

Terry Funk vs. Fit Finlay - Although I'm a big Finlay fan, nobody who's ever seen Funk wrestle can put Finlay over in this one. If you've only seen his hardcore stuff, you seriously need to check out his NWA stuff, as it was absolutely f'n amazing. Funk takes this one after a good fight from Finlay.
Winner: Terry Funk

John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. Samoa Joe - Although Bradshaw was once a hell of a competitor (I've never been a fan of his JBL matches), Samoa Joe is really the future of this great sport. Samoa Joe had better take this one is all I can say, as he would absolutely school the racist JBL in the WCW ring, showing the world that TNA is serious.
Winner: Samoa Joe

So we have...
Triple H vs. Randy Orton (Haven't I seen this before? Potential for greatness)
Vader vs. Mr. Perfect (Classic match up, gonna be a brawl)
Sting vs. Rey Mysterio (Sorry Rey, unlike WWE we aren't going to push you to the heavyweights bro)
Terry Funk vs. Samoa Joe (Imagine a Funk in his prime here? My god, match of the year potential.)

Kudos to Shockmaster for starting this kick ass idea.

TNA
Triple H vs. London - Cake walk for HHH here, London tries something off the top rope in the first 2 min and Triple H kicks him and hits the pedigree.
Winner : THE GAME

DDP vs. Randy Orton - interesting match up with the RKO and Diamond Cutter awefully alike but i see RKO winning never really was a fan of DDP
Winner : ORTON

Vadar vs. Jake Roberts - a classic old school match but in the end Vadar has to much power for Jake to handle. After a Vadar bomb Jake is gonna need to go to the back and crack open a bottle of Jack Daniels.
Winner : VADAR

Mr. Perfect vs. Crash Holly - "Nobody beats Mr. Perfect, Nobody"....well that is true until he runs into TRIPLE H then it is game over for Mr. Perfect.
Winner : MR. PERFECT

WCW
Sting vs. Abyss - Well we have seen this a few times now in TNA but sting is a legend i see this one being a good one that Sting may feel the effects of for a while.
Winner : STING

Rey vs. Tajiri - this reminds me of a classic lucha libre match in WCW or even ECW and the winner of this is going to be feeling the effects cause its going to go 20 plus minutes. In the end i think Rey will prevail
Winner : REY

Terry Funk vs. Fit Finlay - I'm sorry but i just like Terry Funk and am kind of hoping the ref gets taken out and somehow Funk gets thrown onto a table with barb wire i love his reactions when that happens but in the end i think the Funker has to much fight in him.
Winner : TERRY FUNK

JBL vs. Samoa Joe - Great matchup here and i see the winner getting less than 60% of the vote but i think Joe's athletic ability is too much and its like the saying goes "Joe...is going to kill you"
Winner - SAMOA JOE

Round 3 Matchups.
Atlanta
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper - Could this possibly be anything else besides either a Bar Room Brawl or a Street Fight. This is gonna be nasty.

Chris Benoit vs. Tito Santana - I'm not sure if Santana ever utilized a Submission maneuver, so i'm guessing Benoit will go submission match on this one.

MSG.
Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Sabu - This could just be a straight up regular match. Hogan is in his environment,a nd without any stipulations, Sabu risks DQ by utilizing the chair. Or Hogan can go real old school and any moves performed from the top rope are illegal.

Carlito vs. AJ Styles - Very Interesting. Styles gets the nod, so it's going to be based around speed. Probably a ladder match, he's slightly quicker then Carlito.

Todays Predicitions.
TNA:
HHH vs. Paul London. London can utilized the ring, but he's in there with arguably the most brilliant mind the wrestling business has ever seen. Triple H will study London, and one slip up, it's Pedigree time.

DDP vs. RKO: Both have made careers out of winning matches that they shouldn't have won. Both have very similar finishing maneuvers, if not the same. Both are nearly the same size physically, I'm saying, I really like this matchup. DDP might not be the smoothest worker, but I respect the man that went from driving a cadillac at WM6 to winning a World Title 3 times, on his own Merit. On the other hand, you have a no good punk that has lived off his fathers name, has the body and stamina and knowledge to be one of the best of all time, and he pisses it away because his ego is too big. I hate to do it, but I'm picking Orton, simply because his talent outweighs DDP's heart.

Big Van Vader vs. Jake The Snake Roberts: Roberts has had some success against big guys. I don't know if he can Utilize Damien in this or not though, and quite frankly, as big and nasty as a guy Vader is, i don't think he sweats snakes to much. I see Jake going for the short arm clothesline,but Vader smashes those two hands right around him. Vader advances.

Mr. Perfect vs. Elroy Jetson: No contest, Perfect barely has time to spit his gum out before he has Holly in the Perfectplex.

Los Angeles.
Sting vs. Abyss: While I thought Abyss was just a cheap Kane/Mankind rip off, I really have grown fond of the big guy. He's obviously over as hell, but yet he tears his body up and does the j.o.b. to put newer talent over, i respect that. But Sting is Sting, and Sting in his prime takes down Abyss no problem.

Rey vs. Tajiri: this has got to be a lucha libre fantasy matchup. Tarantulas, 619, Hurricanranas everywhere. I kinda agree with the rest of the people, Rey is gonna take it, but it won't be easy. Luckily they'll get some time off to heal before the next round.

Terry Funk vs. Fit Finlay: This actually has potential to be one helluva match. Finlay has been very underused and the Funker is a god. Regardless the ending is academic, Funk advances.

JBL vs. Samoa Joe: I'm actually having a very hard time with this one. Both of these guys don't fit the typical 2000 wrestling body type, but both work their ass's off in the ring. This is a very oldschool hard hitting matchup. I'll probably be in the minority, but I think Joe has proven enough to me to warrant going on to round 3.

Projected Round 3 Matchups.
TNA
Triple H vs. Randy Orton (It's monday night Raw all over again, Trips gets the match type, so Triple H is going to round 4)
Big Van Vader vs. Mr. Perfect (With Vader picking the match, I don't like Perfects chances)

WCW
Sting vs. Rey Misterio (Sting picks the match, but regardless I believe this could be a 5 star matchup)
Terry Funk vs. Samoa Joe (Funk picks the match. I see a branding Iron to Joe's face. The Cinderella ride ends there)

3rd round Stipulations:
WCW Region - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA.
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper (OH HELLL YA!!! Texas Street Fight baby!!!)
The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. El Matador Tito Santana (Submission match sounds about right.)

WWE Region - MSG, NYC, NY
The Immortal Hulk Hogan vs. the Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying Sabu!!!(Sabu shouldn't even be in round 3. I swear to God if he beats hogan... Yeah this is just going to be a regular match. Any stipulation you give Sabu he can work with.).
Carlito Carribean Cool vs. The Phenomenal AJ Styles (ladder match or ultimate X match. Speed vs. Speed but Styles has more experience I guess - that is in an Ultimate X Match).

TNA Region - Hartford, CT.

Match 1: Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Paul London
I don't see Orton involving himself here... he knows triple H would retaliate. He's safer trying to get into his head in Round 3. This match is better than it sounds but Triple H advances no contest.

Match 2: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Orton
RKO vs. the Diamond Cutter... I choose RKO. Page, I liked him although I didn't like his worth ethic or overall capabilities. This is a match were Stamina and ability prevails, considering how equal they are in every other respect. orton at the 8 minute mark.

Match 3: Big Van Vader vs. Jake the Snake Roberts
This match would be awesome to see. I love Jake and I think he's very underrated, for a legend that is, and it sucks that his career (and life) went to shit lately, but Vader is just too mean to be able to beat.

Match 4: Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig vs. Crash Holly
Hennig. next.

WCW Region - Los Angeles.
Match 5: Sting vs. the Monster Abyss
Abyss is a good up and comer but Sting is a future Hall of Famer. Sting was WCW's equivalent of Hogan in the late eighties and early ninetees, just wasn't pushed as much as Hogan I think. Sting takes this relatively easy I would imagine.

Match 6: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri
This match is great, and it could go a long way but Rey should win easily.

Match 7: The Hardcore Legend Terry Funk vs. Fit Finlay
Fit Finlay is one of the most underrated guys in wrestling. He's a 20 year veteran that's seen it all and done it all. Terry Funk was a great wrestler, even though we only got to see his hardcore stuff in my wrestling watching career, lol. A much more even match than people are letting on, and I'm going to vote Finlay because I truly believe he's that underrated, but I know Funk will win it.

Match 8: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. the Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe
I would imagine facing Mark Henry is more tiring than Mark Jindrak ;) lol. Again, I know Samoa Joe will win this one, people are marking out for him like crazy, but I can't in good conscience vote for him. he's proven nothing to me. JBL, on the other hand, has proven you can get anywhere with hard work and the right idea. I don't see how Joe can beat someone who main evented wrestlemania. JBL gets my vote and I'm praying he makes it through.

Potential Round 3 Matches:
HHH vs. Randy Orton (It doesn't even matter what stipulation HHH picks. LOL, I can just picture his 25 minute pre-match promo)

Big Van Vader vs. Mr. Perfect (two of the best heels of the last 15 years right here. With Vader picking the stip though, there's no way I can vote for Mr. Perfect. You know it's going to be a Chokeslam Challenge. On the other hand, Hennig is perfect! maybe the arm that through that football across the field - and subsequently caught it - is strong enough to chokeslam the big man! :p)

Sting vs. Rey Mysterio (Pretty good match-up. Sting picks the Bullrope match to keep Rey close to him.)

Terry Funk vs. JBL (although it should be Finlay vs. JBL... but it'll probably be Terry Funk vs. Samoa Joe... haha. Either way, this match won't be that great :p . With Funk picking the stip though you know it's going to be nasty and downright dangerous. Exploding ring, barbed wire rope, flaming tables match :D )

Hey Shockmaster, on Wikipedia, I've started a bracket sort of thing for this and wanted to make sure it was ok that I did that. I'll email you the link to it to tell me if it's right. I set it up to where it was WCW vs. TNA and WWE vs. ECW in the final four. Hope that's right, if not I can always copy and paste to change it. Thanks for doing this great great tournament. I use to do fake tournaments like this and it was always fun.

It shouldn't be a probelm. You aren't advertising anything. I post a link to another site for the polls. If it is a problem, the mods will probably just ask you to remove the link, just do what they say if it goes to that, but since its not an ad, you should be alright.

I might be a little late posting things tonight. This is probably going to be the set up for round 3. Tonight is the last new poll for round 2, and that'll end friday. I probably won't start round 3 until Saturday night, so that'll give us a day to finalize some gimmicks and then we'll start. I'll post proposed matches for Spin the Wheel on Saturday as well, so i'd like some insight on what should stay on the wheel, and what else should go on the wheel.

one comment from a previous bracket. Sabu defeating Sid was a surprise to me. I had Sid taking down Hogan in round three, but I won't get the chance to see it.
On to todays brackets, HHH,Randy,Curt,Sting all advance easily.
Samoe Joe takes down JBL, better match than most would think.
Mistero takes down Tajiri in a classic cruserweight match.
Funk takes down Finlay in a pretty good match.
The best match of the round, Vader/Snake, Snake was a pretty good wrestler with the short clothesline, and one of the best finishing maneuvers ever DDT, but I don't see him getting the big man down to do the DDT, Vader cathes him in the corner, goes off with those lethal punches(forearms) and sets up for the moonsault. Two rounds later should get to see Vader and HHH in a classic. HHH learns from the Natch how to take down the big man, but I better not get ahead of things like I did with Sid/Hogan.

Here are the Results from the Hammerstein Ballroom and Miami, Fl.
First TNA Region.
Match 1: RVD has no problem taking out the Living Legend. RVD is going to Orlando as he knocks off Zybysko with 92% of the vote.

Match 2: Neither of these guys had an easy matchup like their first round matches. It went back and forth early, but in the end Edge was too much for King Kong Bundy. Edge goes on with 84% of the vote.

Match 3: Road Warrior Hawk does not get the job done against Eddie Guerrero. The Road Warriors are both gone before round 3 as Eddie moves on with 92%.

Match 4: This one was a lot closer then I thought it would be, but young Petey Williams doesn't have enough to take down Big Poppa Pump. Steiner advances with 65% of the vote.

We move onto Miami.
Match 5: As expected the Rock has absolutely no problem with Jamie Noble. The Rock Rock Bottom's Jamie Noble about 2 seconds into this matchup to advance. Rock with 97%.

Match 6: The old school WWE champion takes down the ECW champion. The Sarge is too much for Whipwreck to handle. I guess after taking down Khali, Whipwreck shouldn't be a problem. Slaughter advances with 86%.

Match 7: Don Muraco is going to Atlanta. Muraco takes down Steve Corino with 78%.

Match 8: Christian Cage is also heading into round 3. Primetime Elix Skipper proved not to be a challenge as Cage goes on with 92% of the vote.

So here are the round 3 matchups set.
Impact Zone:
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge (RVD chooses the match)
Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero vs. Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner (Eddie chooses the stip).

Georgia Dome:
The Rock vs. Sgt. Slaughter (The rock chooses the match)
The Magnificent Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage (Muraco choose the match)

Now onto today. These are the last set of matches for round 2. The first matches take place in the TNA Region - Houston, TX. All matches are performed inside of a Six Sided Ring.

Match 1: Booker T vs. Ultimo Dragon
How they got here:
Booker T: Defeated Norman Smiley with 93% of the vote.
Dragon: Defeated Al Snow with 75% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't Be a Factor
Ring Advantage: Dragon

Match 2: Shelton Benjamin vs. Gangsta New Jack
How they got here:
Benjamin: Defeated Umaga with 75% of the vote.
New Jack: Defeated Konnan with 65% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a Factor
Ring Advantage: Even

Match 3: Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Vampiro
How they got here:
Rude: Defeated Mark Jindrak with 90% of the vote.
Vampiro: Defeated Jason Knight with 93% of the vote.
Ring Advantage: Vampiro

Match 4: Tommy Dreamer vs. Taka Michinoku
How they got Here:
Dreamer: Defeated Bill Goldberg, yes that Goldberg, with 56% of the vote.
Michinoku: Defeated Dennis Knight with 78% of the vote.

The bottom half of the matches come from the ECW Region - Kansas City. All matches take place under Extreme Rules.
Match 5: Harley Race vs. the Iron Sheik
How they Got Here:
Race: Defeated Johnny Stamboli with 92% of the vote.
Sheik: Defeated Perry Saturn with 68% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Dusty Rhodes doesn't like Race, but I would imagine they will stay away from each other.
Rules Advantage: Even

Match 6: The American Dream Dusty Rhodes vs. the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith.
How they got Here:
Rhodes: Defeated Rikishi with 92% of the vote.
Bulldog: Defeated John Earthquake Tenta with 100% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Harley Race possibly, but doubtful.
Rules Advantage: Rhodes

Match 7: Raven vs. Val Venis
How they got Here:
Raven: Defeated Andre the Giant with 53% of the vote.
Venis: Defeated Johnny Grunge with 80% of the vote.
Rules Advantage: Highly Raven

Match 8: Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy
How they got Here:
Hall: Defeated Scotty 2 Hotty with 92% of the vote.
Hardy: Defeated Mike Sanders with 100% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: shouldn't be a factor.
Rules Advantage: Neither.

Well this is it for Round 2. This poll is closed​

The chaos continues..

TNA Region - Houston, TX
Booker T vs. Ultimo Dragon - I was always a big fan of Ultimo Dragon's work, he was one of the best cruiserweights around in his heyday, I haven't seen much from him lately. Booker T however is high on my list as I think the guys phenomenal and very underrated. Booker T takes this one with one of his patented scissor kicks.
Winner: Booker T

Shelton Benjamin vs. Gangsta New Jack - New Jack might've had a chance had it been ECW, but in the six sided ring (oh god Benjamin in the six sided ring? that sounds sweet) Benjamin will easily be able to handle New Jack. Watch for the end of the match when New Jack tries to legitimately kill Benjamin.
Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Rick Rude vs. Vampiro - Vampiro is another underrated guy in my book, but Rude was easily one of the finest wrestlers of his era or any. The guy was simply ravishing. Rick takes it easily.
Winner: Rick Rude

Tommy Dreamer vs. Taka Michinoku - Taka would have a ball in the six sided ring, but I'm too much of a damn Dreamer mark to go against him on this one. Dreamer takes this one in a good match up with lots of high flying offense from Michinoku.
Winner: Tommy Dreamer

ECW Region - Kansas City, KS
[EDIT]Harley Race vs. The Iron Shiek - Well I originally voted for The Iron Shiek because I had him mixed up with the Shiek (Sabu's uncle) and was thinking of his knack for using the scissors. But, now that I realize my mistake thanks to Prax, word up, I can't pick the other Shiek over a guy like Race. Easily one of the greatest guys to ever step into the ring.
Winner: Harley Race

Dusty Rhodes vs. British Bulldog (Davey Boy Smith) - A classic damn match up, and one I'd love to see. I can't imagine too much going on here in this match in terms of ECW style wrestling, but these two put on a wrestling clinic for the ages. After a good thirty minutes Davey Boy finally has it in him to take out the American Dream, who at this point is too tired to kick out of the three count.
Winner: British Bulldog (Davey Boy Smith)

Raven vs. Val Venis - I'd go with Val if it were a WWE ring, but in ECW Raven will demolish Val. This ones over rather quickly with Raven sealing a ticket to the third round.
Winner: Raven

Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy - Look, I'm as much of a Scott Hall fan as anyone else, and the guy was classic in his prime, but he just turned to shit too fast in his career. Hardy on the other hand is a solid performer who has been delivering quality matches for years on end in the under and middle card. I'm going with Hardy to utilize a ladder or two in this one and show one of the original guys in the first ladder match how to do the damn thing right. Upset for Hardy.
Winner: Jeff Hardy

Rather controversial picks this round I think, it's hard to go either way on quite a few of them.

So we got
Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin (Imagine WCW Booker T and Shelton? Can you say dream match?)
Rick Rude vs. Tommy Dreamer (Damnit Dreamer why do you have to go up to someone as damn good as Rude?)
The Iron Shiek vs. British Bulldog (Classic match up. I'm sayin First Blood baby.)
Raven vs. Jeff Hardy (Gonna be a god damned hardcore slobberknocker. Definately go for the ladder match here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back