The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

Oh man some utterly fantastic stuff is going on in this thread, thread of the year damnit! I'll start with my picks for this round...

WCW Region - Charlotte, NC
Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy - Great match up here, one I'd love to see definately. Maybe ten or fifteen years in the future Kennedy could take this one, but until then this one easily goes to the Nature Boy. Welcome back to the Dubya-C-Dubya Ric!
Winner: Ric Flair

Sean Waltman vs. Mike Awesome (RIP) - This is a relatively easy match up here. Waltman extends the match to around the 10 minute mark, merely buying time until the inevitable Awesome Bomb that knocks him out for the 1-2-3, Kid.
Winner: Mike Awesome

Chris Jericho vs. D'Lo Brown - Another good match up, I've always though D'Lo was incredibly underrated. His frog splash was the absolute bomb, the way he threw his arms under and above him, it looked so good out there. However, I can't pick him over Jericho because he's just too god damn good to be beat by D'Lo. Jericho makes D'Lo tap out.
Winner: Chris Jericho

Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff - Classic, classic match up that could've taken place in NWA, WCW, WWF, or anywhere else. This one goes back and forth for a real long time before finally Snuka gets Mr. Wonderful down and hits his patented splash. Snuka in a squeaker.
Winner: Superfly Jimmy Snuka

ECW Region - Pittsburgh
Shane Douglas vs. Kanyon - Come on, how the hell could anyone vote for Kanyon in this one? Who better than Kanyon? The Franchise better than Kanyon. Shane absolutely destroys Kanyon in the homefield turf that is ECW.
Winner: Shane Douglas

Christopher Daniels vs. Essa Rios - Awesome lucha match up, I'd love to see this one happen in the six sided ring. Essa, or Papi Chulo never really made it far when he came to the WWF, and is mostly remembered for introducing Lita to the world. However, he's just not as good as the Fallen Angel, so I'm pickin' Daniels in this one.
Winner: Christopher Daniels

Taz vs. Cowboy Bob Orton - Another tough match up. Orton is a legend, and with his cast being fully legal he could very well knock Taz out cold. However, that being said, Taz is home in ECW and he absolutely embarasses Orton in this one, suplexing him in so many different ways that Joey Styles can't even identify the moves.
Winner: Taz

Rhino vs. Jerry Lynn - By far the toughest match of this round. Two classic ECW guys, very well matched, and almost entirely equal in ability. This one could honestly go either way, but I see Rhino taking this one with a bit more power of the aging Lynn. Jerry gets a royal sendoff from the ECW fans afterward.
Winner: Rhino

And all I've really got to say about reccomending match types, (i'll give more ideas later) is that Undertaker vs. Mick Foley most obviously and definately needs to be a Hell in the Cell match up. ...DUH!

To xfear, shockmaster said Dustinwas underused, much like his father. I agree Dustin was but not the much like his father. Anyway. WCW bracket not offfering much right now, only decent match will be Taz & orton.
My picks Flair, Jericho, Snuka(decent match) Douglas,Daniels, Orton in a close one, Mr. Wonderful will help him out, I think Snuka could handle orton butting in to their match. Lynn.

Okay, to clear up matches for round 3, all match types can happen except for the Big 8 that are going to be used in round 5. So this eliminates Hell in the Cell, TLC, 60 Minute Iron Man Match, 3 tiered Steel Cage, Barb Wire, Scaffold, Ultimate X, and Monster's Ball matches from round 3. I know Foley v. Undertaker would be awesome, but Hell in the Cell can't happen. Boiler Room Brawl maybe???

I guess underused wouldn't be the correct term for dusty. I guess i could equate him with the Undertaker. He gets his title shots, and wins the matches, but doesn't win the title. If there was one person that always was a thorn in the side of the Horsemen, it was Dusty Rhodes. Sure they retained their titles, but when the dust had cleared, Rhodes was always there to take it to any of them. Dustin has done a lot in his career, considering he did almost everything in his power to distance himself from the legacy his father had made. Dustin could have gone into any company and on his name alone, gotten a main even push, (cough Randy Orton cough).

I'll also argue the point of Batista. I used to mark out bad for the guy. He was awesome in Evolution, no doubt about it. Between him and Orton, I invest in Batista, because Orton has a lot of growing up to do if he wants to be a main player. Batista has lost a ton of his fire since getting over on Triple H. I don't see the same drive in him to up his game. He's become stale and living off of one good fued for the last 2 years. I'll also make the arguement that Batista vs. Triple H wasn't even in the top 7 of HIAC matches. I can get into that if you want, but i'll save it for another day.

Now onto these matchups.
Match 1: Flair v. Kennedy
I like Kennedy, potential is through the roof on this guy. Flair though is Flair. Maybe in five years Kennedy could put up a match, but Flair has dominated the business fora better part of 3 decades, that doesn't happen.

Match 2: Sean Waltman vs. Mike Awesome
Confession, I've never felt that Waltman was anything special. Ya he was that cool guy that was in both DX and the NWO, but outside of that, has he done anything, the answer, no. Awesome, however,, is probably the most unappreciated big man inthe history of wrestling. The moves he pulls with his size is incredible. My pick: simply Awesome.

Match 3: Chris Jericho vs. D'Lo Brown
I don't know if it was an honor or me feeling sorry for Brown when I saw him wrestling in a night club in front of 20 people about 2 years ago. This guy, for his size was great. Jericho is the Ayatolla of Rock N' Rolla, the Highlight of the Night, Jericho gets it done.

Match 4: Superfly vs. Mr. Wonderful.
I simply love this matchup. I'm sure it has occured many times before, but i'ld love to see it. I see this going about 30 minutes, and i'm going with Mr. Wonderful to pull off the mild upset.

match 5: The Franchise vs. Kanyon
My personal feeling is that the Franchise is perhaps the most dangerous person in this tournament if he makes it to Philadelphia. My reasons, He's in front of that ECW crowd, and the man can perform there. Reason 2: The More Shawn Michaels wins, the more Douglas is gonna win. Douglas has Michaels in his crosshairs, and if he gets him inside of his arena and under his rules, then watch out. I think that drive keeps the Franchise alive.

Match 6: The Fallen angel vs. Essa Rios
Great Lucha Libre matchup here. Very good high flyers, I see Daniels taking this. Poor Daniels, he's gonna have to face the Franchise in the first round at the ECW Arena, bad draw for him.

Match 7: Taz vs. Bob Orton
Unfortunately I see Orton swinging that cast at Taz, and about two seconds later he'll be tapping out in the Tazmision.

Match 8: Rhino vs. Jerry Lynn.
ECW dream match revisited. ON a pure wrestling level, Lynn out does Rhino. But Rhino was unstoppable in ECW. He is bigger, stronger, and I dare say faster then Lynn. With the Extreme Rules, I go with Rhyno.

Round 3 matchups:
Flair vs. Mike Awesome. In Atlanta and with Naitch picking the match,should be interesting.
Jericho vs. Mr. Wonderful: Hmmm, odd matchup, but should be entertaining.
The Franchise vs. Daniels: IN Philly and the Franchise gets to pick the match, I don't like Daniels chances.
Taz vs. Rhino: In the ECW Arena no less, that's crazy.

WCW Region - Charlotte, NC.

Match 1: The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy
Sorry Ken, you would've had a chance in any other draw, but you picked the #1 seed and possibly the greatest wrestler of all time. Flair locks in the Figure -Four at the 6 minute mark and it's done.

Match 2: Sean Waltman vs. Mike Awesome
Awesome is fresher and much bigger than Waltman. Awesome takes it with an Awesome Bomb at the 5 minute mark.

Match 3: Chris Jericho vs. D'Lo Brown
Poor D'Lo, lucky to even be in th second round. Jericho with the Walls of Jericho at the 2 minute mark, advancing with ease.

Match 4: Jimmy Superfly Snuka vs. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff
Great Old School match-up here. But Superfly won his match with ease; orndorff is going to be tired. Great back and forth match up, but fatigue sets in and Superfly takes the match.

ECW Region - Pittsburgh, PA

Match 5: The Franchise Shane Douglas vs. Chris Kanyon
Who better than Kanyon? The Franchise Shane Douglas :D

Match 6: The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. Essa Rios
Pretty good opening match up for Impact I guess? Short match, the Fallen Angel takes it with ease.

Match 7: The Human Suplex Machine Taz vs. Cowboy Bob Orton
Cowboy is tired, Taz is in his own element. Taz takes this one easy.

Match 8: Rhino vs. Jerry Lynn
Great old school ECW match here, but Rhino's simply better than Lynn.

Potential Round 3 matches

The Nature Boy vs. Mike Awesome (poor mike awesome... he would have a chance in any other venue...but in Atlanta with the nature boy picking the stip? :( )
Chris Jericho vs. Superfly (one of the better high flyers to reach main even status here vs. the innovator of the high flying style, essentially. Going to be a great match! BTW you know this is going to be a Steel Cage Match who ever picks the stip :D )

The Franchise vs. The Fallen Angel (this is going to be a DANGEROUS match)
Tazz vs. Rhino (just WOW)

I'll put my two cents in on what I think the stips should be...

John Cena vs. The King of Harts Owen Hart
Hmm... this one's tough. I don't know what match Cena would pick that would give him an advantage over Hart. But Cena isn't one to make things easy for himself, so I'm going to say a Last Man Standing match, just for kicks :D

The Big Red Machine Kane vs. Dustin Rhodes
How is Rhodes a higher seed than Kane??! Again, I don't know what match would benefit Rhodes over Kane. I'm at a loss. But it would have to be something that puts the big man at a disadvantage. I honestly can't think of anything

Mick Foley vs. the Undertaker
Too bad it can't be a HIAC!! :( . I would say Boiler Room Brawl if it was Foley picking the match type, but with Taker picking, I would have to say either Casket Match, Buried Alive, or a Last Ride match. It's up to you, and I can see taker picking the Casket match, but knowing he's going up against his most formidable opponent, let's go with Buried Alive :D (or a Paul Bearer in a cage match :p )

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ted DiBiase
Bam Bam knows first hand that the key to beating Dibiase is isolating him from his associates. That being said, this match has to be a Steel Cage Match.

Ok match types
Cena has no real match speacilty but I would say he would probaly favor a steet fight
Dustin Rhodes well there are only two match types that I would think that give Dustin a chance at winning but not sure if they will work. The first would be that monstority that was held on the back of a big rig and in that a lower center of balance would work for Dustin. The second would be PURE WRESTLING MATCH. Meaning no chokslams, no powerbombs anf would take away most of Kane's repritoire. Although how that would work in an ECW enviroment where there are no rules I dont know.
Undertaker if he cant have a HITC he would go casket match
Bigelow like it was said before he will have to isolate interfernce so I would say Steel Cage but really considering Dibase bought Andre's world title and Bigelow is known as a gun for hire does anyone not expect a little pay off for a lay down

just curious, and maybe it was mentioned before but what happens if the voting is an exact tie. do both get eliminated or do both advance making the next match a triple threat?

Ok, I'll Throw my opinion in on match types and winners...

John Cena vs Owen Hart R.I.P (Who may have won a slammee once, but i don't think he liked to mention it LOL)

Ermm. Not sure. Probably a Streetfight, but (here's the kicker) no Submissions. Takes away the Sharpshooter, opens up for an ass-kicking by Cena. However, Owen is the better wrestler, whereas Cena is the better brawler...

John Cena VS Owen Hart in a No Submissions Streetfight. Winner: Cena by, like, 51% due to stipulations

Kane vs Goldust

Absolutely no idea. Wait i got it: Kane wrestles with both hands handcufffed behind his back (Ala the late great Eddie Guerrero a while back). Dustin takes away Kane's power and strength. He's the kind of guy who would chicken out of a straight, fair match by using the handcuff stipulation.

Kane vs Goldust in a Handcuff match. Winner: Dustin Rhodes. Has to be if Kane can't use his arms. Takes away the chokeslam, the sidewalk slam, the tombstone, even his flying clothesline.

Mick Foley vs Undertaker

Buried Alive. Simple as. Next!

Mick Foley/Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love VS Undertaker in a Buried Alive match. Winner: Deadman, easily.

Bam Bam Bigelow R.I.P VS Ted DiBiase

BBB knows it. To beat the man, you make sure it's just the man. No associates, no payed-off lackies to help him out, and no Virgil. Steel Cage, Roofed Steel Cage, Barbed Wire Steel Cage, even a Punjabi Prison maybe? Well, probably not, but still, maybe.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Ted DiBiase in some kind of enclosed structure. Winner: Bam Bam Bigelow

Fourth Round:

John Cena vs Dustin Rhodes
Undertaker vs Bam Bam Bigelow (Now that's a big match, in every sense of the word)

schoondog, if it's a tie, which we've been closed, I'll have *for dramatic purposes only* The ULTIMATE Tie Breaker. Probably just a one day spinoff.

I was thinking the same thing Michigan about Bam Bam against Ted DiBiase in the Dreaded Finger Poke of Doom match. I could see Bam Bam taking a lay down and letting a relatively unchallenged DiBiase move on to round 4 and face a severly beaten down Undertaker or Mick Foley. Hmm, this looks like WM4 all over again. I'll go off on a tangent here, but this is absolutly why i love the Million Dollar Man character. DiBiase had just about enough in ring ability to get him where he needs, the rest he buys his way out of things, that's such a great gimmick.

John Cena vs. Owen Hart - Last Man Standing
Dustin Rhoades vs. Kane - kane has to wrestle with one hand behind his back...i dont know what else to pick
Faces of Foley vs. Undertaker - Boiler Room Brawl
Bam Bam vs. Ted Dibiase - i have no idea but i see it ending with Bam Bam laying down cause "Everybodies got a price"

here are teh results from Calgary and San Antonio.
Match 1: Bret Hart is the man. He takes down the Junk Yard Dog with relative ease. Bret moves onto MSG with 97% of the vote.

Match 2: In what could have been a very great matchup, The Hurricane pulls away and destroys Marc Mero. Helms moves on with 83% of the vote.

Match 3: He's starting to look very dangerous right now. Can anybody stop Kurt Angle. It's going to be hard to. Kurt advances without breaking a sweat. Kurt with 100%.

Match 4: Mark it down, the wet dream technical match is upon us. Dean Malenko takes care of Ron Killings and advances with 88% of the vote.

Match 5: He's starting to chug right along too. No contest. HBK superkicks Test right into the back of the unemployment line. HBK advances to the ECW Arena with 100% of the vote.

Match 6: In the battle of two big bruisers, Ron Simmons takes down the big Russian with 90% of the vote.

Match 7: It was not meant to be. Big Sexy advances out of the first 2 rounds and heads to Philadelphia, knocking out my dark horse Brian Pillman. Kevin Nash wins and goes on with 65%.

Match 8: Oh yes, the match that was sure to stir up the pot amongst the Wrestling community. A man that has no talent and been given a push, against a man that has boat loads of talent, but was never given the big push. The Internet has decided, and Lance Storm knocks off Batista by the narrowist of margins. Storm moves on with 51% of the vote.

Here are the Round 3 matches now set.
WWE Region - MSG, NY.
Bret the Hitman Hart vs. Gregory Helms (Bret Hart choose the match)
Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko (Kurt Angle chooses the match type)

ECW Region - ECW Arena, Philly, PA
The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons (HBK chooses the match)
Big Sexy Kevin Nash vs. Lance Storm (Nash chooses the match)

Alright, the first set of matches take place in the WCW Region - Chicago. All matches are performed under WCW Rules.

Match 1: The Total Package Lex Luger vs. Balls Mahoney
How they got here:
Luger: Defeated Reno with 97% of the vote.
Mahoney: Defeated Stevie Ray with 60% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't Factor.

Match 2: Big John Studd vs. Chris Sabin
How they got here:
Studd: Defeated Magnum T.A. with 71% of the vote
Sabin: Defeated Chris Candido with 57% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor.

Match 3: William Regal vs. Shane McMahon
How they got here;
Regal: Defeated Hardcore Holly with 77% of the vote.
McMahon; Defeated Spike Dudley with 65% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor

Match 4: The Next Big Thing Brock Lesnar vs. Tank Abbott
How they got here:
Lesnar: Defeated D-Von Dudley with 95% of the vote.
Abbot: Defeated Michael Shane with 57% of the vote.

The next half of matches takes place in the TNA Region, Nashville TN. All matches are conducted inside of the Six Sided Ring.

Match 5: Jeff Jarrett vs. Juventud Guerrera
How they got here:
Jarrett: Defeated Carl Oulette with 93% of the vote.
Guerrera: Defeated Brian Adams with 75% of the vote
Ring Advantage: Even

Match 6: Jim The Anvil Neidhart vs. the Enforcer Arn Anderson
How they got here:
Neidhart: Defeated 2 Cold Scorpio with 58% of the vote.
Anderson: Defeated Rocco Rock with 93% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be afactor.
Ring Advantage: Neither

Match 7: The Big Show vs. the Great Muta
How they got here:
Show: Defeated Shawn Stasiak with 96% of the vote.
Muta: Defeated Tully Blanchard with 53% of the vote.
Ring Advantage: Muta possibly.

Match 8: Ricky The Dragon Steamboat vs. Matt Hardy
How they got Here:
Dragon: Defeated Psicosis with 89% of the vote.
Hardy: Defeated Demolition's Smash with 96% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor.
Ring Advantage: Even

The poll is now closed]​

Grrr, I want a rematch on the batista vote :S

WCW Region - Chicago.

Match 1: The Total Package Lex Luger vs. Balls Mahoney
No contest, Lex Lugar in a squash. Mahoney shouldn't even be in the second round to begin with...

Match 2: Big John Studd vs. Chris Sabin
Again, no contest, Studd is a legend.

Match 3: William Regal vs. Shane McMahon
Another easy one. Saddly, this is the end of the line for the McMahons :( You would think Vince would make the trip on the corporate jet, but Regal still takes this one.

Match 4: The Next Big Thing Brock Lesnar vs. Tank Abbott
Abbott's a badass, but Lesnar is fresh. Maybe in Japan Abbott would win, but Lesnar takes this one easy under regular wrestling rules.

TNA Region, Nashville TN.

Match 5: Jeff Jarrett vs. Juventud Guerrera
Pretty good match here, but Jarrett being the face of TNA wins this one easy. bubye Juvi

Match 6: Jim The Anvil Neidhart vs. the Enforcer Arn Anderson
This one's tougher than it seems, but Double A wins this one, in large part due to Jim's fatigue from his last match.

Match 7: The Big Show vs. the Great Muta
Big Show is fresher and meaner than Muta, another easy pick here.

Match 8: Ricky The Dragon Steamboat vs. Matt Hardy
The best match of the eight right here. Possibly a dream match no one has thought about yet. But it's way too early in Hardy's career for him to be making it past the 2nd round. Steamboat makes him pay his dues.

Potential round 3 matches.
Lex Luger vs. Studd. Good Big Man match here. should be interesting.
Regal vs. Lesnar (bubye Wiliam)
Double J vs. Double A (one of the better matches potentially in the entire tourney. VERY old school... gonna be tough to pick a winner)
Big Show vs. Steamboat (another tough one! ouch!)

Round 3 Stips.

WWE Region - MSG, NY.
Bret the Hitman Hart vs. Gregory Helms
Most likely a submission match.
Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko
Another Submission match!!

ECW Region - ECW Arena, Philly, PA
The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons
HBK not being one to step away from a fight, I'm going to have to say he would choose a street fight. But if he would want the advantage probably a submission match again, as simmons is pretty much a bruiser.
Big Sexy Kevin Nash vs. Lance Storm
A lot of people are going to choose Storm because... well I'm not going to get into it (hmph!) But with Nash choosing the stip you gotta favor him. I say he chooses a Last Man Standing match, seeing as Storm is extremely worn down and beaten from his Batista battle (I still think he cheated! Foot on the ropes! Foot on the ropes!).

Wow we almost had 4 out of 4 submission matches potentially there :p

Wrestlezone Tournament - Round 2 - WCW Region - Chicago, IL
Lex Luger vs. Balls Mahoney - Although Balls' has got one of the best frog splashes in the biz, his move set is extremely limited. Luger easily takes this one back in his home turf of the dubya-c-dubya.
Winner: Lex Luger

Big John Studd vs. Chris Sabin - I had a real tough time with this match up. Two very contrasting styles going at each other here, however I never really saw too much in Studd, so I'm going with Sabin in the minor upset here.
Winner: Chris Sabin

William Regal vs. Shane McMahon - Although Shane has definately proved his merit as a wrestler, Regal will take this one rather easily with one of his dozens of painful submission moves.
Winner: William Regal

Brock Lesnar vs. Tank Abbott - Straight up UFC style fight, Lesnar absolutely destroys Tank Abbott and sends him crying home.
Winner: Brock Lesnar

TNA Region - Nashville, TN
Jeff Jarrett vs. Juventud Guerrera - Although Guerrera could use the six sided ring quite to his advantage, Jarrett will take this one easily in his own promotion. Double J baby.
Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Jim Neidhart vs. Arn Anderson - Another tough match to call, as I was always impressed with Neidhart's Hart Foundation days, however in singles competition he never really accomplished anything. Double A takes this one with the crazy spinebuster.
Winner: Arn Anderson

The Big Show vs. The Great Muta - Fantastic match up, one I would love to see in real life. Although Show's got the size advantage, Muta truly was one of the most unrecognized talents in the wrestling world. I'm going with Muta in the upset on this one.
Winner: The Great Muta

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. Matt Hardy - This is a fantasy match up to me, and one I would pay hard earned money to see anytime. This one goes back and forth longer than you think, with Hardy impressing the veteran Steamboat. Eventually however, The Dragon's too much for Matt.
Winner: Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Bret Hart vs. Gregory Helms - Submission Match
Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko - Submission Match...has to be think of the possibilities of most likely the most technically sound wrestler today versus The Man of a Thousand Holds.

Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons - I'de say either a Street Fight or a Ladder Match either way i see an easy victory for HBK
Kevin Nash vs. Lance Storm - I have no idea but i really hope Mr. Can I Be Serious For A Moment wins

Ok, so this might help out with picking some of the match types for round 3.

Here is the timeline layout for the tournament.

Imagine round 1 takes place on a thursday or friday. So round 2 takes place on Saturday and sunday. So if you wrestled on Friday, you wrestle on Sunday, there's a day off in between.

Fast forward to round 3. Rounds 3-5 would be 3 matches in three nights. So that person is wrestling on the following Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Where rounds 6-8 will all take place on one night the following sunday.

So that being said, the person that gets to pick the stipulation will probably want to pick something in there favor, but not pick something that is going to physically exhaust him so bad. Remember, he has the potential of wrestling two more painful gimmick matches the next two nights, he'll need something in the tank. So as cool as Dean Malenko vs. Kurt Angle Ultimate Submission match could be, the practically of wrestling a 30 minute match when two more matches follow within the next 48 hours is non existant.

A little food for thought.
Here are some Ideas I have.
John Cena vs. Owen Hart: I really like the Last Man Standing Match. It takes away submission wrestling from Hart.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Kane: I never thought of making the big man wrestle with his hands tied behind his back, taht is a very good idea.

The Undertaker vs. Mankind: Obviously one of takers specialties. Casket, Buried Alive, or Last Ride. But, and it's a big but, hasn't Mankind won 2 of those matches against taker?

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ted DiBiase: I completly agree Bam Bam needs to do something to keep the Million Dollar Corp. out of the ring. Lets see Bam Bam get to his Extreme days with the Barb Wire Steel Cage.

Bret Hart vs. Gregory Helms: I can't see anything besidesa submission match.

Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko:See above.

Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons: Michaels loves to fight, but he needs to be practical. Remember, he needs to watch his back, because if the Franchise makes it to Philly, he's sure to get in Michaels face. I can't think of a stip yet.

Kevin Nash vs. Lance Storm: I'm not sure what the big man will use to gain the advantage, more to come I guess.

Shockmaster, my official vote for the Mankind/Taker match is Casket Match.
It's less intense than a Buried alive match, and with the BA match we could see what happened the last time they were in one - other superstars coming in and trying to bury the Undertaker with Mankind, so there you go.

As for the HBK match, he needs to use his speed, and I think that means a Ladder Match. No way Simmons beats him in a ladder match.

The Storm-Nash match has to be a Last Man Standing match... for the same reasons Cena would pick that match. No way Storm could keep him down for the 10 count and it eliminates a lot of the technical/mat wrestling that Storm could use to beat Big Sexy.

BTW, am I the only one who is REALLY looking forward to the Lesnar vs. Regal match?

That would be ONE HELL OF A SHOOT FIGHT!

Shockmaster: Thank you for acknowledging (i think that's spelt wrong) my idea of the Kane's-hands-behind-his-back stipulation. It's cool to be acknowledged (see above brackets) by a genius such as yourself. But, apart from that, here's my quick picks for stip and winners.

Bret Hart vs Gregory Helms

Has to be a submissions only match. Bret would pick that as it keeps his finishing move (Sharpshooter) in, whereas Helms'... whatever he's calling the eye of the hurricane these days, is basically disabled.

Bret Hart vs Gregory Helms in a submissions only match. Winner: The Hitman

Kurt Angle vs Dean Malenko

It's a shame that one of these men has to go out this early; but we all know who it will be. Submissions only yet again.

Kurt Angle vs Dean Malenko in a submissions only match. Winner: Angle

HBK vs Ron Simmons

The Showstopper has to pick something which you need speed to win. Perhaps, just spitballing, an Elevation X match? If not, yeah ladder match with a briefcase above, containing a ticket to Raw Roulette.

HBK vs Ron Simmons in Elevation X or Ladder Match. Winner: HBK

Kevin Nash vs Lance Storm

A match needing power definetly. Hmmm. Last Man Standing, probably. A cage match is too risky, as Storm's speed could get him out, tables match?

Nash vs Storm in a Last Man Standing match. Winner: Kevin Nash

Here are the Results from The Charlotte and Pittsburgh Areas.

Match 1: This match ended up a lot closer then i thought it would be. Ric Flair has enough to get by Mr. Kennedy with only 71% of the vote.

Match 2: The Awesome one was just to much for Waltman to handle. Mike Awesome is going to Atlanta with 64% of the vote.

Match 3: Chris Jericho absolutely demolishes D'Lo Brown. Jericho returns to Atlanta to maybe show the people down south the mistake they made by letting him go. Jericho advances with 97%.

Match 4: In a slug fest, The Superfly has enough to take down a worn down Mr. wonderful. Snuka passes with 84%.

Moving on over to Pittsburgh:

Match 5: Well he did it, he has managed to get his way to Philadelphia. The Franchise destroys Kanyon with 97% of the vote and gets to go home to the ECW Arena.

Match 6: Total domination. Christopher Daniels doesn't let Essa Rios get into the ring before destroying him. Daniels advances with 100% of the vote.

Match 7: Another ECW Original is heading back to the Arena. Taz takes care of Cowboy Bob with 94%.

Match 8: A lot of ECW Alumni are heading home, but this match was a guarantee for one. Rhino advances to Philadelphia by taking out Jerry Lynn. Honestly Lynn probably gotta bad draw, because he beats almost anyone besides Rhino. Rhino advances with 71%.

So here are some of the Round 3 matchups.
WCW - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA.
The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. Awesome Mike Awesome (Flair chooses the stip)
Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy Superfly Snuka (Y2J picks the match)

ECW - ECW Arena, Philly, PA
The Franchise Shane Douglas vs. The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels (Douglas chooses the match)
The Human Suplex Machine Taz vs. the War Machine Rhino (Taz chooses the match)

onto today's matchups.
The first half of matches features the Dallas Region. All matches are conducted under WCW Rules.
Match 1: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Muhammad Hassan
How they got here:
Austin: Defeated Head Banger Thrasher with 100% of the vote.
Hassan: Defeated Sonni Siaki with 51% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Everyones favorite guy Daivari will probably be hanging around somewhere.

Match 2: Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Justin Credible
How they got here:
Piper: Defeated Chavo Guerrero Sr. with 100% of the vote.
Credible: Defeated the Masterpiece Chris Master with 80% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: San Antonio is very close to Dallas, did Lance Storm get on a plane to help his Impact Player partner?

Match 3: The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. the Texas Tornado Kerry von Erich
How they got here:
Benoit: Defeated Brutus the Barber Beefcake with 100% of the vote.
Von Erich: Defeated Axl Rotten with 92% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't factor, but we are in Dallas, the hometown of the Von Erichs.

Match 4: El Matador Tito Santana vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan
How they got here:
Santana: Defeated Bob Backlund with 55% of the vote.
Duggan: Defeated the A-Train with 85% of the vote.

The next matches come from Montreal, QC. All matches are conducted under Basic WWE Rules.

Match 5: The Immortal Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Ahmed Johnson
How they got Here:
Hogan: Defeated Rodney with 92% of the vote.
Johnson: Defeated George the Animal Steele with 52% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Besides the fans causing a Riot if Hogan loses, an old enemy of Hogan in Sid sits in the locker room.

Match 6: Sycho Sid Viscous vs. The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying Sabu!!!
How they got here:
Sid: Defeated Amazing Red with 92% of the vote.
Sabu: Defeated Road Warrior Animal with 72% of the vote.
Outside interference Factor: If Sid interferes in the Hogan match, Hogan has, and will retaliate again.

Match 7: The Sandman vs. Carlito Carribbean Cool
How they got here:
Sandman: Defeated IRS with 68% of the vote.
Carlito: Defeated Hillbilly Jim with 78% of the vote.

Match 8: The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
How they Got Here:
Styles: Defeated Crowbar with 96% of the vote.
Guerrero: Defeated Alex Wright with 96% of the vote.

The Poll is now closed​

WCW - Dallas Region.
Match 1: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Muhammad Hassan
Austin Stone Cold Stunners Hassan and Davari back to the middle east.

Match 2: Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Justin Credible
Piper wins this one easy.

Match 3: The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. the Texas Tornado Kerry von Erich
Probably one of the most even and old school matches in this entire tournament. I'm going to go witht he Crippler here.

Match 4: El Matador Tito Santana vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Hmmm... this one's relatively tough. They were both great in their prime. But Hacksaw wrestling beyond his prime (waaayy beyond his prime), makes me lean towards Tito.

WWE Region - Montreal, QC.

Match 5: The Immortal Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Ahmed Johnson
Hulkamania runs wild all over Ahmed Johnson, then makes him eat his kidney.

Match 6: Sycho Sid Viscous vs. The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying Sabu!!!
This one's easier for me than most people. Sid is very underrated I think andI just don't see Sabu winning all that much in a WWE ring. My pic is Sycho Sid.

Match 7: The Sandman vs. Carlito Carribbean Cool
See Above. I just don't see the Sandman being able to perform that well in a WWE setting. Carlito wins, but narrowly.

Match 8: The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
We've discussed this before, so I won't go into that much detail. I honestly think this match is much more even than people are willing to let on. Based on accomplishment, prior achievement, among other things, I'm going with Chavo.

Potential Round 3 matches:
Steve Austin vs. Roddy Piper (can anyone say dream match? Can anyone say street fight?)
Chris Benoit vs. Tito Santana (WOW! What's up with Benoit drawing all the old school opponents? lol)
Hogan vs. Sid Vicious (another old school match... I wonder what stip Hogan would choose though... hmmm)
Carlito vs. Chavo (most likely Styles but whatever) (another great potential match!)

Round 3 matchup Stipulations

WCW - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA.
The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. Awesome Mike Awesome (Submission match... Flair needs to take Awesome's size advantage away from him)
Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy Superfly Snuka (Y2Jail match a.k.a Steel Cage match, lol. You know these two HAVE to meet in a cage.)

ECW - ECW Arena, Philly, PA
The Franchise Shane Douglas vs. The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels (hmm... I can't think of anything right now but you know it has to be ridiculously dangerous... scaffold match? :p)
The Human Suplex Machine Taz vs. the War Machine Rhino (I'm thinking Submission match again...)

WCW
Stone Cold vs. Muhammad Hassan - Stone Cold, I see stunners to Hassan and Daivari...100% victory

Roddy Piper vs. Justin Credible - Justin Credible, with outside interference from Lance Storm and a kendo stick i think Justin Credible takes this one in an upset.

Chris Benoit vs. Texas Tornado - Texas Tornado, i love benoit but i am gonna go with the Texas Tornado cause he has the hometown advantage, great match though.

Tito Santana vs. Hacksaw - Hoooooooooooo, i think Tito will still be worn out from the first round.

WWE
Hulk Hogan vs. Ahmed Johnson - Hulk Hogan, Hulkamania will be running all over Ahmed.

Sycho Sid vs. Sabu - Sid, i agree that i just dont see Sabu winning in a WWE ring, now if it was ECW i think it would be a different story.

Sandman vs. Carlito - Carlito, read above.

AJ Styles vs. Chavo - AJ Styles, good match with alot of athleticism but i think Styles has to much for Chavo to handle.

Here are my picks from the last few days.
Chicago:
Lex Luger vs. Balls Mahoney: No contest, i'm suprised Balls got past Stevie Ray. Luger in his prime was a beast and easily disposes of Balls.

Match 2: Big John Studd vs. Chris Sabin: While there is no doubt on who the better wrestler is, that being Sabin, John Studd is just too much too handle. If this were in ECW or TNA I would choose differently. But Sabin has no rules to hide behind and the big man takes him down.

Match 3: William Regal vs. Shane McMahon: While I would love to see a McMahon get to the regionals, I just can't in good faith pick Shane. Regal has been very underappreciated his entire career and I see him taking this one rather easily.

Match 4: Brock Lesnar vs. Tank Abbott: Talk about a big nasty fight. I see this match lasting about two minutes with two people beating the hell out of each other, but the result is academic, 1,2,3, after and F-5 for the next big thing.

TNA Region
Match 5: Jeff jarrett vs. Juventud Guerrera. Guerrera out of the Cruiserweight invasion of WCW was the one that impressed me the least. I see Jarrett having noproblem with this one. Jarret going into the Impact Zone is going to be scary, it's his crowd and his environment.

Match 6: Jim The Anvil Neidhart vs. Arn Anderson: Personally I feel the anvil should never have beaten 2 Cold Scorpio, so I don't think he stands a snow balls chance in hell with the Enforcer.

Match 7: The Big Show vs. the Great Muta. While I love Muta, Big Show is simply a dominate performer. I see Show getting pissed off after a flury from Muta, and then chokeslamming him to hell. Big Show advances.

Match 8: Ricky Steamboat vs. Matt Hardy: Like I've said before, I've never been impressed with Matt Hardy's lack of in ring ability. Ricky Steamboat gives him a wrestling lesson he will never forget.

Today's matchups.
Dallas
Match 1: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Muhammad Hassan: Ya Stunners all around and then a giant beerfest at the end. Austin wins this one rather easily.

Match 2: Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Justin Credible: Credible may actually have more in ring ability, but Piper gets people so damn worked up that they lose focus. Credible can talk shit with the best of him, but I see Piper getting into his head.

Match 3: Chris Benoit vs. Kerry Von Erich: Damn, why this matchup. I love Von Erich, but I mark out for Benoit like no other, Benoit, and probably in the best matchup of the tournament so far.

Match 4: El Matador Tito Santana vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan: Any other day I would pick Santana, no problem. But Santana had one helluva match against Bob Backlund, and I just think he's too worn down to defeat Duggan.

Montreal
Match 5: Hulk Hogan vs. Ahmed Johnson: Yes, Hogan destroys Johnson and shoves a Kidney down his throat.

Match 6: Sid Viscous vs. Sabu: Damn, I love Sabu, but with everyone else, you take away his rules and you take away a lot. Sid is just too big too strong. I see Sid catching Sabu in Mid-Air and powerbombing him right out of the tourny. Sid is the Master, and the Ruler of the World.

Match 7: The Sandman vs. Carlito: While I despise Carlito because of his lack of effort, I can't pick the Sandman to beat him. Again, if this was ECW, Carlito is gone in a heartbeat, but this is wrestling and the Sandman loses half of his offense without his rules.

Match 8: The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.: While I don't mark out to Styles like others, I won't deny he has incredible athletic ability. Often times i think he is more sizzle than substance, but he will impress ya. Guerrero on the other hand, and i maybe in the minority, has been living off of his family name. The moves he attempts are often very sloppy. I see AJ taking this one in a squeaker.

So potential Round 3 Matchups.
Atlanta:
Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd (two powerful bulls)
William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar (wonderful amateur matchup)

Impact Zone:
Jeff Jarret vs. Arn Anderson (traditional wrestling at its best)
The Big Show vs. Ricky Steamboat (can it contrast anymore then that)

Atlanta:
Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper (a dream come true, and you know austin wants a street fight, and piper is happy to oblige)
Chris Benoit vs. Jim Duggan (Goodbye Hacksaw. Benoit can sneak past Austin and Piper if they beat each other too bad)

MSG:
Hulk Hogan vs. Sycho Sid (Verrrry Interesting)
Carlito vs. AJ Styles (Could be a masterpiece)

Now onto match types for the results from today:
Ric Flair vs. Mike Awesome: I agree that Flair would want a submission matchup. The only problem I see with these submission matches are that the smaller guys have to get close to these giants of men to apply a submission move. But Flair has never been fast enough to win a ladder match, so submission it could be.

Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy Snuka: I'd love to see a Cage Match, but I don't know if Y2J wuold honestly want to see the Superfly in that match.

Shane Douglas vs. Christopher Daniels: Douglas is obviously going to do something to take the speed and agility away from Daniels. I could possible see a Dog Collar match to keep Daniels tied down.

Taz vs. Rhino: Submission match most likely. Can Taz wrap himself around Rhino to get the Tazmission though?

Lance Storm vs. Kevin Nash: I said it earlier, but I could see Nash keeping storm close to him with a Dog Collar or Bull Rope match. Storm would only be 8 feet away from Nash the whole time, which is damn scary considering Nash's size.

Just a few ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back