The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

i honlstely think that jeff will beat hall and have some help from his brother because i don't think that pac would get on a plane to help hall

TNA Region - Houston, TX.

Match 1: Booker T vs. Ultimo Dragon
Booker T in his home town takes this one easy. If Dragon had a hard time beating Al Snow he won't beat Booker T.

Match 2: Shelton Benjamin vs. Gangsta New Jack
This one's fairly easy... New Jack kinda sucks (better go hide so he doesn't try to kill me). Benjamin in a TNA ring dominated this match.

Match 3: Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Vampiro
Rick Rude doesn't have the in ring advantage but he's better than Vampiro so I'm going to go with him (anothe overrated wrestler - Vampiro).

Match 4: Tommy Dreamer vs. Taka Michinoku
Michinoku shouldn't even be in this round. Tommy Dreamer if he wasn't so opposed to the way WWE runs things and was willing to work hard at having a good WWE career could've potentially made himself a legend in this business. But now he'll go down being known a mid carder in WWE to the masses, despite what we all know he can do. Tommy Dreamer should take this one easy, because even though Taka has the ring advantage, Tommy could do more in this ring than people think.

ECW Region - Kansas City.

Match 5: Harley Race vs. the Iron Sheik
XFear I think you're thinking of the wrong Sheik. The Sheik is the crazy one from who's going to be inducted into the HOF this year, the Iron Sheik is the guy who wrestled Hulk Hogan in the 80s... I don't remember this guy ever being extreme. That being said, this would still be a greast match, but Race is simply a legend in this business and on my top 5 list of all time. Sheik is awesome too, but Race is just too much for him to handle (now i'm pissed people are going to vote for Sheik because they think he's a different Sheik...lol thanks xfear!)

Match 6: The American Dream Dusty Rhodes vs. the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith.
Don't see how you can vote for the Bulldog here over Dusty. Yes he's underused and underrated but he never really did all that much with his career when you think about it to leave a mark. Dusty Rhodes is another legend in this business and in my top 10-15. That being said my vote goes to Dusty, but this match will be close.

Match 7: Raven vs. Val Venis
I love Val, and I don't think Raven should be in this round over Andre (another legend), but Val can't beat him in a ECW ring... frankly Val is a jobber. Therefore Raven takes it fairly easy.

Match 8: Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy
Hmm... depends what weight Hall shows up at, lol. Seriously though, Jeff has an advantage with the ECW crowd. And I don't see Hall beating a guy who can fly around the ring like Jeff in that environment... Jeff in a squeaker.

Potential Round 3 matches:
Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin (Great match here potentially... with Booker picking the stip you know it's going to be something where he can dictate the pace... I'm thinking dog collar match but Shelton might find things to do with a dog collar so I'm not sure.)

Rick Rude vs. Tommy Dreamer (Probably one of the most underrated matches in this entire tournament. Rude will want to limit Tommy's use of weapons in this one.)

Harley Race vs. Dusty Rhodes (wow what a match! Too bad it can't be an iron man match, I don't even know what Race would choose... probably something to limit the rules).

Raven vs. Jeff Hardy
(another great match!! This is going to be a spotfest indeed!)

Round 3 matchups stipulations

Impact Zone:
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge (RVD is going to want to be able to use weapons against Edge and make this match all about high flying and speed. I'm thinking either Extreme Rules or a Ladder Match.)
Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero vs. Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner (Steiner can't probably extend his arms very far, so I'm going to go with Ladder Match as giving Eddie the biggest advantage.).

Georgia Dome:
The Rock vs. Sgt. Slaughter (The Rock would want to use his speed advantage and try to keep Slaughter from using his strength. Another Ladder match, as weird as that sounds?)
The Magnificent Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage (The complete opposite of the other matches. Muraco wants to withhold Cage... so Bullrope match.)

Potential Stipulations for Round 3:
Impact Zone, Orlando, Fl
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge: This is a tough one. RVD has never been to fond of receiving an ass whoopin, but he loves to give them out. I can't see RVD ahving a clear advantage in a Ladder match, simply because Edge has only lost one of them. If you go Hardcore, Edge last year proved he can do it. Just ask Mick Foley, Tommy Dreamer, or Terry Funk. This reminds me a lot of William Regal v. Brock Lesnar, almost everything you pick is going to favor the other guy. I'm leaning towards ladder match though.

Latino Heat vs. Big Poppa Pump. Another tough one I think. Guerrero is going to utilize his speed over Steiner. Possibly a four corners match, but being tied to Steiner doesn't sound like a good thing. Again, ladder match possibly.

The Rock vs. Sgt. Slaughter: Brahma Bull Rope match. Both can get nasty and are willing to bleed.

Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage: Haha, can we have an Arm Wrestling contest. Something that keeps Cage close to Muraco. Another Bull Rope match perhaps.

Here are the results for Hartford Ct and Los Angeles.
Match 1. Triple H has no problem taking down Paul London. Helmsley advances to the Impact Zone with 89% of the vote.

Match 2: The Legend Killer adds another name to his long impressive list. It's an Evolution Rematch between Triple H and Randy Orton. Orton moves on with 70%.

Match 3: One of the scariest men alive takes down perhaps the greatest in ring pshychologist the business has ever seen. Big Van Vader takes down Jake Roberts with 61% of the vote.

Match 4: How the hell Mr. Perfect didn't get a Perfect vote in this match is beyond me. Hennig moves onwith 89% of the vote.

WCW Region -
Match 5: Sting absolutely dominates Abyss. I guess it doesn't matter what's going on now. Sting goes on rather easily with 85% of the vote.

Match 6: Rey Misterio takes down Tajiri in what would have been a classic matchup. Misterio is going to Georgia with 80% of the vote.

Match 7: A match that was closer then I thought it would be saw Fit Finaly take it to Terry Funk. But in the end the Funker has enough to get it done. Funk goes on with 63% of the vote.

Match 8: This vote was tied going into today. I had no idea what would happen, but something happened, the votes came in and came in hard. At the End Samoa Joe takes down JBL in what could be an upset. Joe moves on with 61%.

So here are the round 3 matchups.
TNA Region - Impact Zone - Orlando, Fl
Triple H vs. Randy Orton (Trips with the stip)
Big Van Vader vs. Mr. Perfect (Vader chooses the match)

WCW Region - Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA
Sting vs. Rey Misterio Jr. ( Sting chooses the match)
Terry Funk vs. Samoa Joe (Funk chooses the match)

In regards to your Sting-Abyss comment, you told us to think of the guys in there prime and the Sting in TNA is not a prime one. He would easily own Abyss in my opinion. Abyss is in his prime and still has a very hard time with Sting so a prime Sting wouldn't get beat by him.

I am sorely disappointed that Samoa Joe beat JBL. I mean Samoa Joe is good, yes but JBL had one of those characters that doesn't come around very often. He was just too easy to hate, and I can't accept the fact that he lost to Joe. JBL could just completely dictate the pace of a match and not let his opponent do anything. Ahh. Just frustrates me to see the damn TNA marks in there voting so much. If Joe beats Funk, there's something wrong in this world.

Are you telling me there are people out there who actually think that Elroy Jetson could beat the eprfect one Blashemphy but seriously that is one of the biggest shock so far to me even more so than Dreamer taking down Goldberg. Maybe people were mistaking him for Harcore Holly who at least would give him a decent match

Match 4: How the hell Mr. Perfect didn't get a Perfect vote in this match is beyond me. Hennig moves onwith 89% of the vote.

I am sorely disappointed that Samoa Joe beat JBL. I mean Samoa Joe is good, yes but JBL had one of those characters that doesn't come around very often. He was just too easy to hate, and I can't accept the fact that he lost to Joe. JBL could just completely dictate the pace of a match and not let his opponent do anything. Ahh. Just frustrates me to see the damn TNA marks in there voting so much. If Joe beats Funk, there's something wrong in this world.

Strafro, it's good to see there's someone in here with a bit of common sense around here!

JBL went from not even being on WWE TV to main eventing within a very short period of time. That's damn impressive.

Now while I am a JBL fan, he rose to the top against a bunch of Mediocre talent on Smackdown. I know he did what was asked of him, but that role wouldn't h ave been there if Brock Lesnar hadn't left the company. Most people will disagree with me, but I think Smackdown has been next to garbage since Brock left. He left such a big hole, and the talent level just seemed to drop after that.

While I don't mark out for Samoa Joe like most do, I love submission style wrestling. I kinda see Joe as this decades Taz, not the biggest, not in the best shape, but if he locks ya up in a submission, you are going to tap. Now if Samoa Joe gets past Terry Funk, i'm going to be pissed on that one.

So this is what we know so far for round 3: Match types are still up in the air, but I'll put down the ones that have been mentioned, if i forgot one, let me know.

WCW Region - Atlanta
Ric Flair vs. Mike Awesome
Leading Match type: Submission Match

Chris Jericho vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka
Leading Match: Steel Cage Match

The Rock vs. Sgt Slaughter
Leading Matches: Ladder Match, Brahma Bull Rope match, 4 corners Match

Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage: Bull Rope Match

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper: Street Fight, Backlot Brawl

Chris Benoit vs. Tito Santana: Submission Match

Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd: Ladder Match, 2 out of 3 falls

William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar: Manchester Street Fight, Brass Knucks on a Pole

WWE Region
Madison Square Garden
Hulk Hogan vs. Sabu: Regular match, top rope moves equals DQ.

Carlito vs. AJ Styles: Ladder Match

Sting vs. Rey Misterio Jr. Submission Match

Terry Funk vs. Samoa Joe: Death match, flaming Branding Iron

Bret Hart vs. Gregory Helms: Submission Match

Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko: Submission Match, I Quit Match

Mick Foley vs. the Undertaker: Casket Match, Last Ride Match, Buried Alive

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ted DiBiase: Steel Cage, Barbed Wire Steel Cage

These are the matches from WWE and WCW. If there is anything i've missed let me know, i'll add it to it. Any thoughts on what you want the matches to be, let them be known, i'm having a hard time myself with them.

Well this is it for round 2. What a crazy finish to this round.

TNA Region
Houston Tx.
Match 1: Booker T has enough to make it to the Impact Zone. He defeats Ultimo Dragon in a closer match then what I thought it would be. Booker T goes on with 70% of the vote.

Match 2: The cops were called in. New Jack has been eliminated from the tournament. New Jack was last seen trying to beat on Shelton Benjamin with a fork. Shelton advances with 78% of the vote.

Match 3: Ravishing Rick Rude has no problem taking care of Vampiro, fairly close but not close enough to scare Rude. Rude advances with 73% of the vote.

Match 4: No problem with Goldberg, so that translates to no problem with Taka Michinoku. The Cinderella ride of Tommy Dreamer is going on for one more round at least. Dreamer with 88% of the match.

And now the last set of matches. They take place from Kansas City, MO under Extreme Rules. The winners get their tickets to Philadelphia.

Match 5: In what was a blood bath, Harley Race has enough to take down the Iron Sheik, who is not related to Sabu. Race goes on with 59% of the vote.

Match 6: Well it had to happen. We made it through two rounds, but finally The American Dream and the British Bulldog have fought themselves to a 30 minute time limit draw. 50-50.

Match 7: Raven dominates Val Venis with 90% of the vote. Raven barely makes it out of round 1, but finds himself in a very good positino going home to the ECW Arena.

Match 8: And Raven will be taking on Jeff Hardy, who I think scores a major upset here. Most may not agree, but Hardy beating Hall is a pretty big shocker. Hardy advances with 61% of the vote.

So these are the matches for round 3
TNA - Impact Zone - Orlando, FL
Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin (Booker T chooses the match)
Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Tommy Dreamer (Rude with the match)

ECW - ECW Arena - Philly, PA
We don't do byes in our tournament. Say hello to our first Triple Threat match.
Harley Race vs. The American Dream Dusty Rhodes vs. The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith (Race with the stipulation)
Raven vs. Jeff Hardy (Raven chooses the stip)

and that's it for round 2, we've narrowed it from 256 to 64

I will have a complete review for round 3 up later, but here is the new curveball.
The WCW Region Is now Hosted by Eric Bischoff
The WWE Region is now Hosted by Vince McMahon
The ECW Region is now Hosted by Paul Heyman
The TNA Region is now Hosted by Vince Russo.
Will any of these 4 men have parts to play? Are they going to guarantee that one of their performers makes it to Detroit, when you vote, does McMahon want to see an AJ Styles defeat a Carlito. The matches are out of their control, but that doesn't mean the environment is.

In the triple threat match I like first blood, I know it's three people but Dusty is a freebleeder, so he goes quickly and that leaves the tough man against the wrestler, I know its first pin etc., but if Race has the stip he should have something to fall back on. I like the triple threat, but people could see Davey with a quick roll up on Dusty or something and the stip goes away from Race. Or maybe Race has to be pinned, or Race pins either one. Just a thought maybe a little confusing but a thought. I was also surprised by Hardy over Hall. Hall in Ramon stage was a quality wrester, HBK wasn't along in that first ladder match. I am surprised we made it this far with only one tie, the other match that should have been a tie, Tully/Muta.
The Raven versus Hardy match I like the clockorange match or whatever Raven calls it.

The match you are talking about is the Clockwork Orange House of fun. This has all the weapons hanging from the air or lying on the mat. It usually has one side of a steel cage hanging up with weapons tied down to it. I like this idea, but I would suggest making it a whole steel cage laced with weapons, just to keep Matt Hardy out.

I can see this match type or A gauntlet match with a bunch of members of Raven's Flock. Good Ol Raven sitting in the corner, adn just when Stevie is about to get planted, Raven hits a DDT, god bless ECW.

And the Race/Rhodes/Bulldog Triple Threat will be an ECW triple threat, where the first pinfall is not victory, it's an elimination, so Race would still get the advantage of picking a stipulation he could use.

First Blood would not be a good stip for Race as although Rhodes may be a bleeder Race bled quite a bit as well while the Bulldog maybe bled once or twice in his whole career
Rude will want to take any extreme advantage away from Dreamer so I would say a staight wrestling latch anything else will probaly favor Draemer
Booker and Benjamin is hard ot pick as Booker dosent really have any favorite match type

I thought you said in the event of a tie it'd be a tie-breaker re-vote. This kind of messes up my bracket on wikipedia. Not sure how I'll do this one. Atleast I got a few days before results. How about since I forgot to vote in that poll, I cast my vote and I vote for Dusty Rhodes to break the tie? lol well I tried. ;-)

Race in an EXTREMELY good position here. Dusty and the Bulldog have something of a feud going into our first triple threat match. Race needs to take advantage of this (remember he's the original Cerebral Assassin) by finding a stipulation that favors him by focusing all the attention on those two fighting. A street fight or a Falls count Anywhere elimination match doesn't sound too out of line. Race could let those two eliminate one of each other and sneak up and steal a victory.

Either, I don't see Race really losing here.

Shockmaster thanks for the info about the clockwork orange house match. I agree about the Hardy situation, although I like Hardy better the higher seed is suppose to have the advantage. I like the COH with the cage all the way around. I didn't get to see alot of ECW back in the day, so I was not aware of the elimination factor, I have always thought that is how Triple Threats should be. Thanks.

Ya overnite, i was thinking of that, but going into ECW i just thought a triple threat match would be sweet. I know that screws things up on the Wikipedia site.

Wouldn't it be great if the Rick Rude match against Tommy Dreamer was for the services of Beulah. Dreamer would probably lose complete focus and Rude would get the win.

Alright so here are the last two regions that were decided last night.
ECW Region - ECW Arena - Philly, PA
The gimmick matches are only ones that have been suggested and are not final. Any more suggestions let me hear them.

Harley Race vs. Dusty Rhodes vs. the Davey Boy Smith: Triple Threat Elimination Street Fight, First Blood.

Raven vs. Jeff Hardy: Clockwork Orange House of Fun with the Cage around the entire ring, Raven's Flock Gauntlet Match, Raven's Flock Lumberjack Match

John Cena vs. Owen Hart: Street Fight, Last Man Standing

Dustin Rhodes vs. Kane: Street Fight, Kane Must wrestle with hands handcuffed behind his back

Shane Douglas vs. Chrisopher Daniels: Dog Collar Match, Street Fight

Taz vs. Rhino: Brooklyn Street Fight, Dog Collar Match, Submissino Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons: Ladder Match, 2 out of 3 Falls

Kevin Nash vs. Lance Storm: Bull rope match, Tables match

TNA Region
Impact Zone - Orlando, FL
Jeff Jarret vs. Arn Anderson: Submission match, Guitar on a Pole match

The Big Show vs. Ricky Steamboat: Chokeslam Challenge, Bodyslam Challenge

Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin: Harlem Street Fight

Rick Rude vs. Tommy Dreamer: Regular Wrestling Match, No Weapons Allowed, Winner gets the services of Beulah.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton: Street Fight

Big Van Vader vs. Mr. Perfect: Tables match, Bull Rope Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Edge: Ladder match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Scott Steiner: Ladder Match, Four Corners Match

Now onto the Subjective part of the tournament.
By the looks of the 65 remaning competitors heres how I see it broken down.
WCW: 18
ECW: 11
TNA: 5
WWE: 31

Again that's just how I would classify who a person is. I see Chris Benoit as a WCW guy, but others see him as a WWE guy. I see Christian as a TNA guy, but others may see him as WWE. I see Sting as WCW, as others see TNA, it just depends on your opinion. So by the looks of it, a WWE guy is going to win this thing, they almost have half of the competitors left.

This tournament takes 27 years of history from WWE, 21 years from NWA-WCW, 8 years of ECW, and 5 years of TNA. So add that up and you get 61 years of total history. With 65 people in the tournament it almost breaks down to an even one person per year, so I think this tournament has been very fair in the voting procedure.

So any suggestions, let me know, and later today I'm going to have matches for Spin the Wheel for round 4. I'll need suggestions on adding and subtracting. I'd like to shoot for 30 match types, since there will be 16 matches, or do we want to narrow it down to just the 16 best matches so we guarantee to have them. The number generator I use does not allow duplicates, so there won't be two Ladder matches in round 4.

I like the triple threat for Race, Rhodes, and the Bulldog. But you gotta remember a street fight will favor either Race or Rhodes. Remember Rhodes was The king of the Bunkhouse Stampedes In his prime ( The Bull of the woods if you will) I see Davey Boy getting knocked out early in this type of match and Harley Race and The Son of A Plumber having a classic bloodbath but my moneys on the Dream by 1% it's just that close

Hey stupid question but how do you vote for this??? I remember this thing starting and holy hell this thing is nuts... Its pretty cool but i guess you have to have gone with it the whole time to vote or what??? Just post something so i know thanks...

Heres another quick review for round 3:
WCW Region - Atlanta GA
The Georgia Dome: Seating capacity, 71,250
GM: Eric Bischoff
Commentators: Tony Schivane and Bobby Heenan
Wrestlers: Ric Flair, Mike Awesome, Chris Jericho, Jimmy Snuka, The Rock Sgt. Slaughter, Don Muraco, Christian Cage, Steve Austin, Roddy Piper, Chris Benoit, Tito Santana, Lex Luger, Big John Studd, William Regal, Brock Lesnar
Only 2 will make it to Detroit from here.
Advantages: Alot depends on the Gimmick matches in round 4. Obviously Big Match situations are key, but it looks like most can handle it. Another factor in this region will be the crowd. A lot of these guys may never have performed inside of a dome with that many people and in the big match atmosphere.
Favorites: Easily the Favorite has got to be Ric Flair. He has performed in these situations his entire career and in the big of a crowd, especially in Flair country, he will thrive.

WWE Region
New York, New York:
Madison Square Garden:Seating Capacity: 20,000ish
GM: Vince McMahon
Commentators: Jim Ross and Michael Cole
Wrestlers: Hulk Hogan, Sabu, Carlito, AJ Styles, Sting, Rey Misterio, Terry Funk, Samoa Joe, Bret Hart, Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle, Dean Malenko, Mick Foley, The Undertaker, Bam Bam Bigelow, Ted DiBiase
Advantages: The New York crowd is quick to smell out bullshit, if people don't perform at a top level, then the crowd will let them hear it. Guys like Hogan, Foley, Hart and Taker have a distinct advantage in knowing how this crowd works.
Favorite: Gotta be the Undertaker. Big Match situations and gimmicks go hand and hand, and this man has proven to be unstoppable when the matches count most. Taker constantly has the Garden crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.

ECW Region
Philadelphia, PA
ECW Arena: Seating Capacity, 1131
GM- Paul Heyman
Commentator: Joey Styles
Wrestlers: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, British Bulldog, Raven, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, Owen Hart, Dustin Rhodes, Kane, Shane Douglas, Christopher Daniels, Taz, Rhino, Shawn Michaels, Ron Simmons, Kevin Nash, Lance Storm
Advantages: This is the toughest crowd to perform infront of, period. These fans will let you have it if you screw up one bit. Performing in a small hostile environment will effect you. If you don't believe me, Watch One Night Stand 2, and tell me John Cena wasn't visibly shaken by an ECW crowd. It got in his head, and when he screwed up, it went down hill.
Favorite: Shane Douglas. This is his crowd and his rules. He knows the in and outs of the ECW crowd better then anyone. Be careful for Raven and Taz though. There are two matches pitting Triple Threat and Kliq members against one another, and with the egos in this Region still left, I can't see how this isn't a riot waiting to happen.

TNA Region
Orlando, Fl
Impact Zone: Seating Capacity: 1200
GM- Vince Russo
Commentators- Don West and Mike Tenay
Wrestlers: Jeff Jarret, Arn Anderson, The Big Show, Ricky Steamboat, Booker T, Shelton Benjamin, Rick Rude, Tommy Dreamer, Triple H, Randy Orton, Big Van Vader, Curt Hennig, Rob Van Dam, Edge, Eddie Guerrero, Scott Steiner
Advantages: Again, small crowd environment. This crowd isn't as rabid or vile as MSG or the ECW Arena, but they can be loud.
Favorite: Might go against the Grain, but has to be Triple H. In that small of an environment, he can play mind games with the crowd. A lot depends on match types, but no one has had more success in this region then the Game.

Once we get to round 6, and into Detroit, there will be no outside Interference. The Final 8 wrestlers will wrestle strictly one on one matches, with no gimmicks. Essentially the building will go into lockdown mode. So this means that you have the 4 locations and you know whose in and whose not. There has been a week between rounds 2 and 3, so that gives people that are eliminated or not involved plenty of time to get some place. There are a lot of people out and looking to make an impact, so remember this when voting. Old Allegiances, New Allegiances or someoen simply pissed off that there gimmick was stolen, see how that plays out when you vote.

Oh and the link for voting is at the end of the post when I open it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back