The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

Well we are onto Round 3.
The First matches take place from Atlanta, GA, inside the 71,000 plus Georgia Dome. All match types have been chosen by the wrestler with the higher seed. Eric Bischoff is in charge of the show.

Match 1: The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. The Gladiator Mike Awesome
Match Type: Submission match
Rules of the Match: The match will end only with a tap out, or when a participant says I quit.
Crowd Advantage: Ric Flair, heavily.
Arena Advantage: Flair slightly, though I am certain Awesome has probably performed inside the Tokyo Dome.
Rules Advantage: Ric Flair

Match 2: Chris Jericho vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka
Match Type: Steel Cage
Rules of the Match: The Match will only end when one of the combatants has either climbed over the top of the cage, or exited through the door.
Crowd Advantage: Even
Arena Advantage: Jericho has headlined Wrestlemania X-8 inside of a dome, so he should be used to the pressure.
Rules Advantage: Slight Advantage to Snuka

Match 3: The Rock vs. Sgt. Slaughter
Match Type: Brahma Bull Rope Match
Rules of the match: Both wrestlers will have one arm tied to a 12 foot rope the entire match. Any wrestler that intentionally removes the rope will be disqualified. No submissions, pinfall only
Arena Advantage: The Rock, heavily
Rules Advantage: Even

Match 4: The Magnificent Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage
Match Type: Hangman's Horror
Rules of the match: The 2 athletes are tied together with a 12 foot rope, but the match doesn't end until one opponent has choked the other out with the rope.
Arena Advantage: Even
Rules Advantage: Muraco, his size and strength will be hard for Cage to choke out.

Match 5: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper
Match Type: Backlot Brawl
Rules of the match: The match starts in the parking lot. There are no rules. The match must end inside of the ring via pinfall or submission.
Rules Advantage: Even. Watchout for Ric Flair, since Piper and Flair are real life best friends.

Match 6: The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. El Matador Tito Santana
Match Type: Submission Match
Rules of the match: One person must tap out or made to say I Quit.
Crowd Advantage: Chris Benoit
Arena Advantage: Benoit with headlining a Wrestlemania should be more used to big match environments.
Rules Advantage: Heavily Benoit

Match 7: The Total Package Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd
Match Type: Ladder Match
Rules of the Match: A Briefcase containing paperwork to round 4 will be suspended 15 feet above the ring. The first person to retrieve it will be the winner.
Crowd Advantage: Luger
Rules Advantage: Luger with his speed should be able to utilize the ladder moreso then Studd, but if Studd incapacitates Luger, his height will play a large advantage in reaching for the Briefcase.

Match 8: William Regal vs. The Next Big Thing Brock Lesnar
match Type: Manchester Street Fight
Rules of the Match: There are no rules, everything is perfectly legal. Falls count anywhere.
Arena Advantage: Lesnar has also headlined a WM infront of a large crowd, so Lesnar with the advantage
Rules Advantage: Neither

The poll is now closed

Now onto some matches for spin the wheel, make the deal/Raw Roulette. Here are just a few, if i need to add more or drop some, let me know.
1. Steel Cage
2. Ladder Match
3. Submission/I Quit Match
4. Boiler Room Brawl
5. Ambulance/Last Ride Match
6. Stretcher Match
7. Lumberjack Match
8. Clockwork Orange House of Fun
9. King of the Mountain (vairant)
10. First Blood Match
11. Sadistic Madness match
12. Casket Match
13. Dog Collar Match
14. Leather Strap Match
15. Bull Rope Match
16. Four Corners match
17. Flag Match
18. Inferno Match
19. Lions Den Match
20. Punjabi Prison Match
21. No Hold's Barred
22. Street Fight
23. Last Man Standing
24. Buried Alive
25. 30 Minute Iron Man Match
26. Ultimate Submision Match

So I need your help, should I add more to the wheel, take some off, something I missed. Remember there are only 16 matches for Round 4, so should we narrow it down to the best 16 matches to guarantee we see them?

awesome this is probably the best thread ever... you're a freaking genius to figure all this out...

Here are my picks for today.

Match 1: Flair vs. Awesome.
While Awesome was a great big man, he's completly over whelmed in this environment. Flair is is in Flair Country, and with that crowd and this match type, he makes the big man tap in the figure four relatively easily.

Match 2: Jericho vs. Snuka
This is a great match all around. Snuka was the innovator of the Cage match, and Jericho has held his own in the Cage and in the Cell. I believe that Snuka is more comfortable in the cage, and I think his size and strength overwhelms Jericho, Snuka advances.

Match 3: The Rock vs. Sgt. Slaughter
While the Bull Rope match became a staple for the Rock, I don't like the idea of him gettin tied up with the Sarge. Slaughter has had some absolutely brutal matches in his career. I'm picking the Sarge, because he can be more sadistic then the Rock ever thought. I thinkthe Rock makes a huge mistake picking this matchup.

Match 4: Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage.
Lets thank good Ol Raven for this match type, pure genius. Muraco is too big and too strong for Cage to choke out. I see Muraco tossing Cage over the top rope and holding him there with those massive arms until Cage is sleeping.

Match 5: Steve Austin vs. Roddy Piper.
This match starts out in the parking lot and is nothing but trouble. These two go back and forth and bust each other wide open before finally getting into the arena. I see this match going about 25 plus minutes and finally Austin has Piper set up for the stunner. Out comes Ric Flair with a low blow from behind and Piper gets the Roll up Shocker victory. WOOOO.

Match 6: Chris Benoit vs. Tito Santana.
This match is a no contest under submission rules. Benoit has Santana tapping with in 5 minutes.

match 7: Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd.
I actually see this as a somewhat amusing matchup. I think Studd will dominate Luger early, but be extremely uncomfortable climbing that ladder. Studds over cautious nature on the ladder is going to cost him this match. Luger ties Studd in the ropes and snatches his way to victory.

Match 8: William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar.
In a streeet fight, Regal will be wearing the Brass Knucks on his way to the ring. This will actually turn into a pretty good wrestling match before it finally gets ugly again. I see Regal going for a knuck shot, Lesnar duckign and landing a viscous chair shot, and thena huge F-5 on said chair.

Potential Round 4 Matchups.
Ric Flair vs. Jimmy Snuka
Sgt. Slaughter vs. Don Muraco
Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Chris Benoit
Lex Luger vs. Brock Lesnar

Finally onto the real meat of the tournament! This round is bound to be controversial no matter who wins. Let's fight!

WCW Region - Atlanta, GA
Submission Match
Ric Flair vs. Mike Awesome - I'm a big Awesome mark, but in this kind of match with this crowd and these rules, how can you not go with flair? Figure four and the tap out in front of Flair Country
Winner: Ric Flair

Steel Cage Match
Chris Jericho vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka - This battle is tough as hell. Snuka is damn good in a cage, but Jericho is the more talented mat wrestler. This is a very hard choice, but after a slobberknocker of a match between these two, Jericho is able to escape through the door while Jimmy is preparing to leap off the cage with his patented splash.
Winner: Chris Jericho

Brahma Bull Rope Match
The Rock vs. Sgt. Slaughter - Another tough match up. Slaughter in his prime was a beast, but The Rock is just the better wrestler all around in this one. A fantastic match up seeing both of the men busted wide open before Rock wraps up the Sarge in the rope for the rock bottom and gets the pinfall over the veteran.
Winner: The Rock

Hangman's Horror Match
Magnificent Don Muraco vs. Christian Cage - Another tough as hell match up. Cage has got the potential to be a huge star if he keeps on the road he is right now, but Muraco was a force to be reckoned with in his day. I see the Magnificent one utilizing the rope more and finally wrapping it around Cage's neck for the choke out.
Winner: Don Muraco

Backlot Brawl Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper - This is going to be a dirty down and ugly fight. Expect everything here, with both men bleeding heavily throughout the match. The match turns into a fist fight halfway through and they make their way back to the ring, where Austin is able to smash Piper with the chair and a stunner for the victory over the Hot Rod legend.
Winner: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Submission Match
Chris Benoit vs. Tito Santana - God this is just a straight up fantasy match up for me, I'm a mark for both of these guys. I don't know why but I see these two being perfect together in the ring. Expect a straight up classic in this one that plays itself out slowly until Benoit locks in the Sharpshooter for the tap out. After the match Tito decides to stick around at the Spanish Announcers Table.
Winner: Chris Benoit

Ladder Match
Lex Luger vs. Big John Studd - Probably the easiest pick in this round for me, because Studd never really impressed me with anything he did. Luger however was a HUGE prospect and fantastic wrestler in his early years, until he came to the WCW and died a horrible and embarassing career there. Luger however takes this one to advance to the next round.
Winner: Lex Luger

Manchester Street Fight Match
William Regal vs. Brock Lesnar - Expect this one to get nasty. Regal has the knucks on both hands and carves up Lesnar's eyebrows pretty nastily in the beginning of the match, but the power and strenge of Lesnar is able to pull through with the F-5 through the announcers table. Lesnar truly came and went with the largest impact for the short time he was in the WWE like no other.
Winner: Brock Lesnar

So we're lookin at
Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho
The Rock vs. Don Muraco
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit
Lex Luger vs. Brock Lesnar (A Luger in his prime would have a great match here)

This is gonna be classic gentlemen.

hey just out of curiousity about how many people vote on this thing???

well it started out in the low 20's but it has gained a lot of momentum. It's around 50 or so people give or take. Put it this way, it's growing with each round, so far this poll has been open for less then 3 hours and we've had 15 votes already, and it still has about 45 hours left.

well it started out in the low 20's but it has gained a lot of momentum. It's around 50 or so people give or take. Put it this way, it's growing with each round, so far this poll has been open for less then 3 hours and we've had 15 votes already, and it still has about 45 hours left.

Is there anyway to see how the results are going during the voting or can only you see them?

Gonna post my picks tomorrow, (early work day tomorrow, blah), but I want to make a couple of comments before I head to sleep:

1. You're welcome for the Lugar vs. Studd Ladder Match, that was my idea, lol. Think about it, it's genius! I'm not sure if Lugar's been in one ever in his career, but the chances are even less for Studd. Both would be awkward, but it's one of those things where one guy's trying to guarantee a victory. On a side note I can see Studd standing on like the ring steps trying to reach the contract and Luger picking him up into the torture rack off the steps... that would be awesome.

2. The proposed matches by Xfear look amazing! Simply amazing! WOW. Flair vs. Jericho? Muraco vs. Rock? Austin vs. Benoit? LUGAR VS. LESNAR??? Those matches are ridiculous!

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm going to post the match types I think you can drop. Any number closer to 16 is better IMO.

6. Stretcher Match - similar to an ambulance match, kind of redundant.

9. King of the Mountain - crosses the line of too gimmicky by a hair. If you could explain it and make it look worth while I might change my mind.

11. Sadistic Madness match - Dunno what this is so I would be in favor of dropping it to get closer to 16 unless you explain it and I like it, lol. Again, sounds a little too gimmicky.

13. Dog Collar Match, Leather Strap Match, Bull Rope Match, Four Corners match - Only one is necessary. Or have the higher seed choose the variation.

17. Flag Match - Unnecessary. again too gimmicky.

20. Punjabi Prison Match - Again unnecessary, although I do like the concept of this match. haven't seen enough of it to put it through.

21. No Hold's Barred/Street Fight - only one needed.

The rest look OK.

I'll make the following suggestions to be added:

- Regular match (gotta give Hulk a chance, lol).
- Blindfold match
- 2 of 3 falls match
- something on a pole match.
- that's all I can think of right now, lol.

In the end I think it should be 16 matches or better yet like 18 or 19 just to make it interesting, but not many more than the amount of matches. if you make too many there's a risk we won't see a single Ladder match or submisson match or something.

Plus it adds an advantage to those drawing the last couple of matches, they can prepare better as they have a better idea of what they might wrestle in, depending on what's left.

maybe its just me, but blindfold matches are a complete waste of time and boring to watch and have no business being in wrestling.

Something on a pole match? How about steroids on a pole for Luger VS Lesnar? I may get my ass kicked off the thread for that, but hey, what's life without controversy? Anyway, here's my picks for round 3 winners and Spin the Wheel match types.

Ric Flair vs Mike Awesome RIP: Submission Match

Come on. The big man was a fantastic ass-kicker and could have held his own against Lesnar IMHO, and he will be missed. But, submission match against Ric Flair? Naitch is Wheelin and Dealin into Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal in about 5-10 minutes.

Winner: Ric Flair

Chris Jericho vs Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka: Cage Match

Big, big match, but i think (don't kill me) Snuka made a mistake picking this match. Apart from anything else, can Snuka climb the mesh cage barefoot? Y2J is a cage expert, and i know Snuka created the art of a true good cage match, but Y2J perfected it.

Winner: Chris Jericho

The Rock vs Sgt. Slaughter: Brahma Bull Rope Match

Rock makes a mistake. Who in the world is crazy enough to be tied to an in-his-prime Sarge? Cobra Clutch until Rock's unconsious using the rope, then a foot on the chest for 1-2-3.

Winner: Sgt. Slaughter

Muraco vs Christian: Hangman's Horror Match

Muraco. Next!

Winner: The Magnificent Don Muraco

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs "Rowdy" Roddy Piper: Backlot Brawl Match

Flair won't interfere, he'll be beat up from facing Mike Awesome. Austin's got 3simple objectives: Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.

Winner: Stone Cold

Chris Benoit vs Tito Santana: Submissions Match

Do you even have to ask?

Winner: The Rabid Wolverine

Lex Luger vs Big John Studd: Ladder Match

I may be in the minority, but, even though Studd will take a while to get up the ladder, he could just destroy Luger, using the ladder as a weapon rather than to climb, then he could have all day to get the briefcase down (and he may need it).

Winner: Big John Studd

William Regal vs Brock Lesnar: Manchester Street Fight

Lesnar will overpower Regal, it'll be a long hard battle, but Lesnar picks up an F5 through a table for the win.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Potential Fourth Round Match-Ups
Ric Flair vs Chris Jericho
Sgt. Slaughter vs Don Muraco
Steve Austin vs Chris Benoit
Big John Studd vs Brock Lesnar

Match-Types for Spin the Wheel:
Either the Stretcher Match or Ambulance Match need to go, and i'd say take away the stretcher.
King of the Mountain, that aint gonna work with 2 people.
Dog Collar, Leather Strap etc, only need one of these, have you thought about taking them all away and having a Steel Chain match, ala Kane vs Triple H at Judgement Day 2001?
Flag Match. Just no, definetly not.
And finally, have either No Holds Barred or Streetfight, not both. I'd say NHB, just because it sounds better.

Addiditions:
Something with Barbed Wire in it, Barbed Wire Massacre?
Prison Yard match was cool @ TNA AAO, wouldn't mind one of those.
And, if i can be serious for a moment (rip-off alert), how about, for the on a pole, gotta be something awesome and extreme. How about 10,000 thumbtacks on a pole match? Bag of thumbtacks hanging on the pole, could be big, even though Mick Foley & Abyss have gone. Or an old-fashioned contract-to-the-fifth-round on a pole. Actually, i know what would get me up there, how about Christy Hemme on a pole? I'd be up there faster than AJ Styles falling off of an Elevation X. LOL

My picks!
#1While Awesome was a good big man,but he's not even the best big man in this region. Flair gets the clip, wears down that leg and locks in the Figure Four. WOOOOOO!!!
#2 This will be a good match. I have seen Snuka/Piper in person in some classics, and he was very underrated, he takes Jericho down and advances.
#3 Rock was good, but Slaughter was better, Rock goes down.
#4 Muraco defeats Cage, Sorry TNA fans(which I enjoy) but Cage is the 2nd worst in this region(Sananta).
#5 A good old bloodfest, I think Austin outlasts Piper for the win. Shockmaster I like your idea about Flair helping, but I'm looking at this touranment as when they were in their primes, and at that time Flair/Piper were feuding. In todays time I could defintely see that going down.
#6 Benito has Santana tapping before he gets his ring attire off.
#7 Luger was a great performer, but his strength, pure wrestling has been taken out. I have seen in person Studd&Ken Patera face Andera the giant and they suplexed him(reminder they) but Studd was a great performer. I see Bobby the Brain showing up and destracting Luger and Studd retrives what ever is above. I bet I'll be only one of propably onlyfive who think that way.
# 8 Lesanar takes down Regal.
This is a tough bracket.
Potential 4th round matches
Flair/Snuka- I have witnessed this match on several occassions, great match
Slaughter/Muraco - two giants in a great match
Austin/Benito - tough match to call
Studd/Lesnar- another tough match to call

maybe its just me, but blindfold matches are a complete waste of time and boring to watch and have no business being in wrestling.

I think they're cool.

And Schoon, a lot of things don't belong in wrestling, I don't think the occasional blindfold match (and they're rare) are the major problem.

What about the Scaffold match? I don't think it belongs in wrestling, and most wrestlers will agree with me. Same could be said for most of the gimmicks WCW came up with in the last couple of years! lol.

Colamania, Christy Hemme on a pole? Oh my! *daydreams*

lol

I think it should be the higher seed's or GM's decision of what would be on the pole, or what variation of the strap/collar/etc match will be used.

Hmmm, actually that is a good idea, Higher Seed picks what's on the pole and what variation of match it is. BTW, How about Elevation X in round 5? The vote came in for how much the round 5 matches would affect the competitors and Ultimate X got 0%. Whack in Elevation X instead? Just a suggestion.

Hmmm... Ashley's issue of Playboy on a pole match?..

I think the reason Ultimate X was not in as if you get as a match between say Triple H and Mick Foley it will be terrible as no one would ever win. It is a completely light wrester only match cant be done with anyone else without being shot. Elevation X on the other can be done but really we should actually see it done first before making any judgements as so far most people see it as a disater both as a match and a potential disaster with the chance for a very serious injuries. I would be suprised if we ever see it again as it is one of those matches that seemed great on paper ( Three Tiers of Doom, Matxh on a trailer truck) that just looks bad in person.
Hmmm, actually that is a good idea, Higher Seed picks what's on the pole and what variation of match it is. BTW, How about Elevation X in round 5? The vote came in for how much the round 5 matches would affect the competitors and Ultimate X got 0%. Whack in Elevation X instead? Just a suggestion.

Hmmm... Ashley's issue of Playboy on a pole match?..

Sorry about the lateness tonight. Got caught up in Selection Sunday, and if you don't lvie in the States, you are perhaps missing the funnest time of the sports year with College Basketball. Then an impromptu Baseball game, so here we go.

TNA Impact Zone
Orlando, FL
GM- Vince Russo
Commentators Don West adn Mike Tenay

Match 1: Jeff Jarret vs. The Enforcer Arn Anderson
Match Type: Guitar on a pole match
Rules of the Match: The person to retrieve then smash the Guitar on their opponents head will be the winner.
Crowd Advantage: Jeff Jarret
Atmosphere Advantage: Jarret, he has performed in front of this crowd for 5 years and understands it.
Rule Advantage: Very few people can swing a guitar like Double J.

Match 2: The Big Show vs. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat
Match Type: Chokeslam Challenge
Rules of the Match: The first person to succesfully deliver a Chokeslam, will be the winner.
Crowd Advantage: Neither
Atmosphere Advantage: Neither
Rules Advantage: Obviously the Big Show has picked a match that probably only he can win, but this is professional wrestling and stranger things have happened.

Match 3: Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin
Match Type: Harlem Street Fight
Rules of the Match: Basically a Street Fight with falls count Anywhere in effect.
Atmosphere advantage: Neither
Rules Advantage: Harlem Heat was a staple of Booker T's early career and he could get down right nasty. Don't count Shelton out,b ecause he can utilize almost anything he comes in contact with.

Match 4: Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Tommy F'n Dreamer
Match Type: Basic Wrestling match, but the winner receives the services of Beulah for the evening.
Rules of the match. Straight rules apply, but the winner gets the girl.
Atmosphere Advantage: Dreamer is definetly more suited for the smaller crowd then Rick Rude.
Rules Advantage: Easily Rick Rude, who was one of the better ring performers of this generation. Dreamer with no weapons is in trouble.

Match 5: Hunter Hearst Helmsely vs. Randy Orton
Match Type: No Holds Barred
Rules of the match: There are no rules, but pinfalls must occur in the ring.
Rules Advantage: Triple H. This gives him a perfect opportunity to legally utilize his favorite toy, the Sledge Hammer. While Orton has held his own, HHH has been in more of these.

Match 6: Big Van Vader vs. Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig
Match Type: Table Match
Rules of the Match: A person must drive their opponent offensively threw the table. A person jumping off the top rope and driving themselves threw a table does not constitute a victory. If a person is lying on the table, then it is a victory.
Rules Advantage: Vader is just a mountain of a man, so it'll be hard for Perfect to lift him up and put him threw a table.

Match 7: Mr. Monday Night Rob Van Dam vs. the Rated R Superstar Edge
Match Type: Ladder Match
Rules of the Match: The first person to climb and retrieve the contract for round 4 will be the winner.
Atmosphere Advantage: RVD. He loves the small crowds. Edge performed extremely well at ONS II, but that was a one time shot.
Rules Advantage: Even. I believe both have only been apart of 1 or 2 losing ladder matches.

Match 8: Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero vs. Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner
Match Type: Ladder match
Rules of the Match: The winner will be the man to climb the ladder and retrieve a contract to round 4.
Crowd Advantage: Niether
Atmosphere Advantage: Steiner, slightly.
Rules Advantage: Guerrero will have the slight edge on speed in this matchup.

The Poll is now closed.

#1 AA
#2 I hate this but Big Show over steamboat this is the only way Show could be a prime Steamboat.
# 3 Booker T
#4 Rick Rude
#5 in a bloodbath, HHH over Orton
#6 Vader
#7 in a wonderful match RVD over Edge barely
#8 Bye Bye Steiner, Latino Heat advances

Since this is the old school site. RIP Big Cat Ernie Ladd, he was one of the first big agile men I ever saw wrestle, and him and Steamboat has some great matches.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Arn Anderson - I liked Arn as the enforcer of the horseman alot but in TNA envirnmetn and the guitar involved i see Jarrett winning this match around the 10-12 min mark.
Winner : JEFF JARRETT

Big Show vs. Steamboat - On pure wrestling Ricky Steamboat would destroy the show but chokeslam challenge there is no way that the big bastard is going to lose this match
Winner : BIG SHOW

Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin - A very good match with alot of high spots mostly from benjamin but its a harlem street fight so that means booker is not going to lose sucka!
Winner : BOOKER T

Rick Rude vs. Tommy Dreamer - i see this as a one sided match but Dreamer is a tough s.o.b. but in the end its just a matter of time before the ravishing one wins and makes Beulah a woman.
Winner : RICK RUDE

Triple H vs. Randy Orton - a really decent match but i dont see Orton with that killer instinct that The Ceribral Assassign has and in the end i'de say at about the 8 min mark out comes the Sledge Hammer and match over
Winner : TRIPLE H

Vadar vs. Mr. Perfect - people doubt Perfect but anybody who can throw a football the entire lenght of the field and catch itt is pretty damn good and good enough till he faces The Game
Winner : MR PERFECT

RVD vs. Edge - best match of this group i see it going 20 plus minutes but in the end RVD brings oout the old school ecw days when he was outta control and wins
Winner : RVD

Latino Heat vs. Scott Steiner - power vs. speed and in the end it is speed at the 12 min mark
Winner - EDDIE

my picks
Jeff Jarret vs. Arn Anderson
Guitar on a pole match. I'm under the opinion that there is now way in hell that Double J can pin or make Double A submit. I believe that to be true. I see a crazy ending to this matchup. Jarret grabs the guitar, out goes the lights, what the hell. Lights come on, and its Gangsta New Jack with his guitar, what the hell. Lights go out and come back on, The Honky Tonk Man has just laid out Gangsta New Jack and Double J takes out Double A with a guitar shot, what the hell.

Match 2: The Big Show vs. Ricky Steamboat: Chokeslam Challenge.
Steamboat out wrestles Show anyday of the week, but unless Steamboat has a bionic arm, he's not picking the Showster up. It sucks, but bye bye Steamboat.

Match 3: Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin: Harlem Street Fight
Shelton Benjamin is very dangerous, and I see him taking Booker T to the Limit, but people I think forget how good of a wrestler Booker T is and how violent he can be. Booker T with the win.

Match 4: Could Rude have picked a better matchup. No way in hell Tommy Dreamer can beat Rick Rude in a straight wrestlign match without weapons. I think Tommy Dreamer is great, but Rick Rude maybe one of the top 5 underappreciated wrestlers of all time. Plus with Beulah on the line, Dreamer will lose focus.

Match 5: Triple H vs. Randy Orton: No Holds Barred
Randy Orton simply doesn't have what it takes to take the Game down in a big match environment. Triple H has been there before and he'll win this one easily.

Match 6: Big Van Vader vs. Mr. Perfect: Tables Match
I love Mr. Perfect, but I can't see anyway that he can get Vader up high enough to put him through a table. I see Vader putting himself through a table or two trying to hit the moonsault and Hennig moving. This match ends when finally Perfect decides to push Vader from the apron threw a table on the floor. VAder with a quick punch to the gut and a huge Vaderbomb to the floor.

Match 7: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge. Ladder Match
RVD was one of my favorite wrestlers of the 90's, but I think that Edge is simply a guy that is better then him in almost every category. I think he is smarter in the ring, I think he can go more hardcore then RVD, and I think he can utilize the Ladder a lot better then RVD. I'll be in the minority for sure, but I think Edge takes this rather easily.

Match 8: Eddie Guerrero vs. Scott Steiner: Ladder match
People tend to forget how good of an amateur wrestler Scott was before he became the Genetic Freak, figuratively and literally. Before Steiner pumped himself with steroids, he was a damn good and quick wrestler. I think he punishes Guerrero, but like i've said before, Eddie has made a career by taking down people bigger then he. Guerrero, barely.

Potential Round 4 matchups.
Jeff Jarret vs. The Big Show (Depending on match type, bye bye Double J)
Booker T vs. Ravishing Rick Rude ( I find this one very appealing)
Triple H vs. Big Van Vader (Best heel of the early 90's against the best heel of the early 00's)
Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero (a classic)

Now onto the Raw Roulette matches.
We can narrow it down to the top 19 matches, one of the matches is going to be my personal favorites 3 Stages of Hell, so we add 3 more matches because of this. And if you don't know what 3 stages of hell is, you're missing out on a great concept that the WWE has abandoned since they have no one on the roster now that can pull it off.

So how should we decide these 19. Should we come up with a list of Ten definites and vote the other 9, or can we just discuss it on here instead, your choice.

ten choices I think for sure.
1. Steel Cage
2. Ladder match
3. Ultimate Submission Match
4. Steel Chain Match
5. 30 Minute Iron Man Match
6. 3 Stages of Hell
7. Basic 2 out of 3 Falls
8. No Holds Barred
9. First Blood
10. Regular Match... so Hogan may have a fighting chance, lol.

And Sadistic Madness is another form of First Blood. You have to make your opponent bleed before you are eligible to pin them or make them submit.

Another very tough round here Shockmaster...

TNA Region - Orlando, FL Impact Zone
Guitar On A Pole Match
Jeff Jarrett vs. Arn Anderson - If this were a straight wrestling match I'd pick Arn, but considering the how handy Jarrett is with that guitar, especially infront of his crowd, is going to be hard to stop. Jarrett in an upset.
Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Chokeslam Challenge
Big Show vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat - This seems completely unfair to me, how the hell is Ricky going to win this one? I don't care if he can't lift him, I still went with Steamboat basically because he's Ricky Fucking Steamboat and if you haven't seen him in his prime, you've never seen real wrestling.
Winner: Ricky Steamboat

Harlem Street Fight
Booker T vs. Shelton Benjamin - Shelton is a huge up and comer who has the potential to be five times the star that Booker was/is, but the fact of the matter is he just isn't there yet. Shelton might have this in five years, but right now, Booker gets the scissors kick through a table.
Winner: Booker T

Regular Match Winner Gets Beulah
Tommy Dreamer vs. Rick Rude - This saddens me tremendously. Dreamer is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but he just doesn't have the technical skills to match up with a great like Rick Rude. If this were hardcore, Dreamer woulda won it in a sinch, but unfortunately I can't vote for Dreamer over Rude here.
Winner: Rick Rude

No Holds Barred
Triple H vs. Randy Orton - Awesome match up between the former Evolution cohorts, Triple H will take this one rather easily. Sure, Orton is a damn good wrestler and he's a huge young talent, but he's not nearly reached the same level that Triple H has and is still performing on. I better not see any Orton marks bitching in this one.
Winner: Triple H

Tables Match
Vader vs. Curt Hennig - Damn, too bad Mr. Perfect, but you're facing the monster Vader here. Vader crushes Mr. Perfect through a few tables rather easily at the ten minute mark, and sadly Curt Hennig is heading home.
Winner: Vader

Ladder Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge - Another tough as hell match up. I could have gone back and forth on this one, but the bottom line for me was that RVD in his ECW prime was better than anything I've seen from Edge. Not to say that Edge isn't an awesome wrestler, because he is and he has put on his fair share of awesome matches. RVD however, is simply the better man in this one.
Winner: Rob Van Dam

Ladder Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Scott Steiner - If it wasn't for that ladder, I'd be going with Steiner. Steiner back in his tag team days was a wild f'n beast who suplexed you in more ways than even Taz could think up. However, given the ladder stipulation and Guerrero's experience in these matches, I see him getting the upper hand in a fantastic match up.
Winner: Eddie Guerrero

So we got
Jeff Jarrett vs. Ricky Steamboat
Booker T vs. Rick Rude
HHH vs. Vader
Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero

Can you say classics gentlemen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads