6th Annual WZ Tournament Bracket Unveiling

The accurate answer is because people suck; although I've rather come to the conclusion that Gorgeous George wasn't one tenth as important as some people make him out to have been.

I utterly resent the implication that I lack the credibility to negate Shattered Dreams.
I would've loved to read a Gorgeous George debate. There's not much to read or watch about him and all I know is that he became big during early television years but fizzled shortly thereafter. Same with Blassie.

Guys like Rogers (expected him to be in the top 30), Tsuruta, Hashimoto, Canek, Kawada, Akiyama, O'Connor, Sheik, Kowalski, McDaniel or Sheamus would've been on my list as well. Others like Miz, Iron Sheik, Tanahashi, Patera, Matt Hardy, Morrison, Lance Storm, Ultimo Guerrero, Henry, X-Pac or Rick Steiner are arguable.

I fail to understand how being a fan of someone makes you a "nut sucker" care to explain

You said him being a 17th seed is the biggest snub in tournament history. For a guy who is a one time world champion despite wrestling professionally for 18 years, i'd say a 17th seed is pretty fucking good.

Believe me, i'm not hating on him, I loved Eddie and he brought a smile to my face every time his entrance music hit, but he is not the kind of wrestler that many bill him as. Since his death, i've seen countless people mention him among the Hogan's and Steve Austin's (although many of these were on Youtube and should be taken with a grain of salt although i'm sure i've seen it on here as well) when in reality, he was a career mid-carder who gets unconditional praise due to his tragic death. He's much like his buddy Rey only with a lesser resume.

You said him being a 17th seed is the biggest snub in tournament history. For a guy who is a one time world champion despite wrestling professionally for 18 years, i'd say a 17th seed is pretty fucking good.

Believe me, i'm not hating on him, I loved Eddie and he brought a smile to my face every time his entrance music hit, but he is not the kind of wrestler that many bill him as. Since his death, i've seen countless people mention him among the Hogan's and Steve Austin's (although many of these were on Youtube and should be taken with a grain of salt although i'm sure i've seen it on here as well) when in reality, he was a career mid-carder who gets unconditional praise due to his tragic death. He's much like his buddy Rey only with a lesser resume.
This thread is pretty much devoted to talking shit. So I talked some shit about my favorite wrestler not getting a high enough seed. In no way shape or form is he in the Realm of Hogan Rock or Austin but he could have been a perennial main eventer from his time in WCW all the way up to the end of his career. Look at his stuff in the LWO that could have been great to go up against Hogan and Nash with them saying that they felt disrespected by them and just giving him the beat down. He had a one night feud with Rock as well over the belt and if you watch the promo they had on that Raw where they wrestled for the belt you could see the epicness coming from that. He was no different than Edge Angle Benoit or Jericho all he needed was the backing from the company.

Results speak for themselves. Angle, Edge, and Jericho are multiple time world champions. Eddie is not. If you use the fact that for one night, he feuded for the belt as your main argument than you will do more harm than good. He could have been a perennial main eventer, but he wasn't. He could have been a multiple time world champion, but he wasn't. He was a one time world champion and he didn't even win the title clean, the fact is that he was a career mid-carder, a damn good one, but still a mid-carder.

Results speak for themselves. Angle, Edge, and Jericho are multiple time world champions. Eddie is not. If you use the fact that for one night, he feuded for the belt as your main argument than you will do more harm than good. He could have been a perennial main eventer, but he wasn't. He could have been a multiple time world champion, but he wasn't. He was a one time world champion and he didn't even win the title clean, the fact is that he was a career mid-carder, a damn good one, but still a mid-carder.

But you missed the point which was that to no fault of his own was he not a multi time world champ. All he needed was for Vince to let him run

But you missed the point which was that to no fault of his own was he not a multi time world champ. All he needed was for Vince to let him run

You could back Doink the Clown, the Brooklyn Brawler and Braden Walker with that same argument. Hopefully I don't have to explain the flaws in it.

Who the fuck was on this panel. It should be more universal next time

Yes, because that wouldnt take an unnecessary and exorbitant amount of time, or make KB's life more difficult at all.

If you feel strongly about your guy as being the best,shouldn't you be able to make a compelling enough argument to get him through, regardless of seed?

More like "Coco uses the facts to explain how Chris Jericho is RVD's job-boy bitch, but people ignore the facts and vote how they want."

CoCo and I don't see eye to eye on much, but if people would just look at RVD's career record, and how the man hardly ever loses, things would be so much simpler.

Jericho, on the other hand, is an upper card jobber. Always has been. When RVD has been in that exact same position, he was a winner. Simple as that for now.

I've seen top face Orton put down enough guys in tremendous extreme rules matches over especially the last year to roll my eyes at this. Kane, Sheamus, Rhodes, Barrett, Punk, Christian. Orton ends worlds under ECW rules. The man is battle-tested. Add to the mix his Hell in a Cell victories (one over John Cena) and his Last Man Standing wins over Triple H, and you have the makings of a force to be reckoned with. Orton can take it to the extreme.

He did fall to that Jack Swagger guy in an Extreme Rules match, but point taken.

Jericho, on the other hand, is an upper card jobber. Always has been. When RVD has been in that exact same position, he was a winner. Simple as that for now.

We talking about the same RVD? I remember him losing quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back