Which Number One Seed has the best chance of success?

Which #1 Seed makes is the furthest

• Bret Hart

• Hulk Hogan

• Steve Austin

• Randy Savage

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Simple, it's what the title suggest. In the two Wrestlezone tournaments thus far, no number one seed has won the entire tournament. In fact, only one number one seed has made the finals, and in the first two years, only one number one seed has made the final four in each year.

With that being said, if only one has made it on average, that means the #1 seeds fall early and often. For the most part, the #1 Seeds have been decimated in the gimmick rounds.

This year, we have Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and Randy Savage as Number One seeds. Out of those four, which is the most likely to make it the furthest in this tournament.

My Opinion: I think all four make it to the gimmick rounds with ease, ut the gimmick matches are killer.

Bret Hart has a helluva challenge if the brackets hold up against someone like a Kurt Angle, or hell, even a Randy Orton. If Orton manages to win at Wrestlemania 25, he is going to ride a wave of smark love well into this thing. I also think Kurt Angle takes Bret Hart down, no ifs and or buts.

Hulk Hogan has been eliminated each year in the gimmick rounds. Hogan lost in year one to AJ Styles in a ladder match, and lost to Triple H in the Triple Cage match. I see no problem with Hogan getting past round 4, because guys like the Bulldog or Mysterio simply don't over match Hogan in any type of gimmick match. Round 5 becomes interesting if Hogan has to face someone like Goldberg, Cena or Benoit.

Randy Savage made it to the finals last year. I think he could make another good run at it, except for one thing, and one thing only a guy named Rob Van Dam. Rob Van Dam has done damn well, and has been in the TNA Region for the last two years. He has made it to 5th round of the tournament each year, while Savage faced an early defeat in year one to Mick Foley. I think Savage could do well, but I think RVD can take him out as well.

Steve Austin: He's gotta tough draw with the likes of Edge, Vader and Michaels in his region, but I think Steve Austin is the #1 Seed that can break that glass ceiling. Yes, HBK-Aholic is going to push Michaels, Will will push Edge, IC will push Vader, but essentially the guy that is going in the Hall of Fame is going to have the most love in this tournament. Steve Austin is nearly universally loved, and he's in a region that is picture perfect for his brawling style. Steve Austin couldn't have asked for a better region then the ECW Region.

Stone Cold. He has drawn ECW which means anything is legal and that is when Stone Cold is at his best. He can withstand a hell of a lot of punishment, and can brawl with the best of them. Give him a steel chair and not many will trump him. Also, his draw is kind. In the knockout rounds he has too much for Edge, HBK, Vader (providing they are who get through) when weapons come into play. Plus EVERYONE seems to like Stone Cold.

Whilst Bret has his fans, a meeting with Kurt Angle could derail everything, providing he gets past his own brother first of course.

Hogan has too many haters around, who would love to bounce him out, forgetting he IS Hulk Hogan who can beat anyone anywhere. I can see Sting bouncing him if they were to meet.

Savage has a great chance, I think he will adapt well to TNA and can beat everyone, but him versus Chris Jericho or Ric Flair will be a close one. Jericho, although not always loved on here, does have a lot of fans. I hope that match happens as it'll be extremely interesting. Flair will be backed far, and him vs Savage would be another extremely close one. Being TNA Styles may get quite far, if he gets past HHH, if he doesn't then HHH is a match for everyone. THis region is wide open, and whilst Savage is one of the front runners, he is not as much of a favourite as Austin is in ECW.

Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan both could do well in the gimmick rounds, but it will all depend on who they face, and what type of match it is. Austin and Savage both lucked out. They both got a good draw by landing in ECW and TNA respectively, and shouldn't have a problem with too many people until their sub-regions finals.

That being said, Austin is clearly the favorite to have the most success. I think Hart should have a shot at winning it all, but the odds are against him i nthe wrong environment. Austin doesn't have a bad environment in ECW. He'll be fine in any gimmick match that he's handed, and won't have a guy like RVD in his way like Savage does.

If they all make it past the gimmick rounds, it changes drastically. I then give the advantage to Savage. All I need to do, is point to WrestleMania 4. He didn't win 3 matches that night, but 4. On a huge stage. Hart had "the" Iron Man match, and fared well throughout, but didn't score a pinfall. I wouldn't be far off by saying that Hogan and Austin weren't exactly known for their endurance.

I cannot see many matches that would put Austin over Vader. Same thing happened last year in the TNA region.

And just because Austin used the occassional chair, and liked to punch and kick with authority, doesn't mean he'll own in a hardcore environment. Vader defeated one of the two great mainstream hardcore legends in Mick Foley back in 1993 in a Texas Death Match. Vader beat Sting in cages and a brutal strap match. Austin's best matches were more technical in nature. Just because he swore doesn't make him hardcore.

I'd give the nod to Hogan, just barely over Bret Hart. We are seeing Hogan get a little more respect around here, and he doesn't have the world's toughest draw. If he gets Cena, even the smarky Hogan-haters will choose the Hulkster over Cena, because they probably hate Cena for the same reasons. Goldberg doesn't present a world of a threat, and Benoit has a few extraneous factors working against him, for better or worse.

Hart has the one thing nobody else has to contend with - Kurt Angle. These two match up so well, and Angle could give Bret a run for his money.

Bret Hart has a huge fan base on this forum, and in my opinion, it's well deserved. Hart is an amazing wrestler, and has what it takes to win the tournament - I think he could easily do the best out of them.

That being said, Hogan seems to have a growing fan base recently, so maybe he'll get over on that. It'll be close between the 2 though.

Savage, easily. He'll probably win the whole thing.

People are split on Hogan, he could go out to several wrestlers seeded lower than him.

In Bret Hart's prime he was feuding with Jerry Lawler, Hakushi & Jean Pierre Lafitte.

When was Austin's prime? For most people it would be after Owen Hart broke his neck. So long Stone Cold.

Savage is mostly free from any criticism on this forum. Also the Macho Maddness DVD should come out towards the end of the tournament, which can only help him in the long run.

Either Savage or Austin. Both Hart and Hogan have way too many detractors to win their respective regions. No one has a problem with Savage, and the majority of those respected around here will lavish praise on him. Although Austin isn't as respected among WZ's high muck-a-mucks, out of all the #1 seeds, he probably has the most support from both regular and casual posters here. Also, let's not forget (as Shockmaster already pointed out) that WWE's inducting Austin into the Hall this year; this definitely bodes well for Austin's performance in this year's Tournament.

I think this tournament is Bret Hart's too lose. Even though I won't be backing him, and I never even was a fan I know Hart is a living legend. He won the legends and tag tournament recently so it's obvious he has the support. While he could get hung up in the semi's, but I think unless a certain gimmick takes him out, I see him winning.

Hogan is who I backed in the Legend's tournament just because there is no bigger legend then him, but he has a lot of haters and people who just don't like him or his style. I'm hoping he can get past all the crtisism but his lack of "pure" "wrestling" skill could hurt him.

Stone Cold will have trouble getting passed Vader, since IC is Vader's biggest supporter and he won't go down without a fight. I just don't know if this is the year that Stone Cold wins. As for Macho Man, I can see him getting very far, he has the anti-wwe factor going for him, but I don't not if he has enough supporters(or die hard supporters)to get him the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back