• Nirvana

• Metallica

• Pink Floyd

• The Beatles

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
90's Region - Nirvana

The so-dubbed kings of grunge have a date in the regional sweet sixteen with the Foo Fighters - a tough test for ANYONE. If they manage to get past the Foo's, they get the winner of an STP/Live/Muse Triple Threat match, and then either Green Day, Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, or The Offspring just to make the finals.

80's Region - Metallica

Every wrestling fan's musical wet dream, Hetfield and co. get The King of Pop this round in Michael Jackson. Provided they make it past MJ, they get the winner of REM vs Depeche Mode, and have to deal with either U2, Queensryche, Def Leppard, or The Boss just to make the 80's regional final.

70's Region - Pink Floyd

All in all, the brick's in Floyd's wall include a 3rd rounder with Kiss. If they survive the painted faces, they meet the winner of Meatloaf vs Judas Priest, before getting either Van Halen, Rush, The Ramones, or Lynard Skynard to make the regional final.

60's Region - The Beatles

Liverpool's finest are staring down a match with The Moody Blues in the next round, before getting the winner of an intreguing Van Morrison / CCR match-up. If they manage to make it past those two matches, they get either The Doors, The Monkees, The Who, or James Brown in the Regional Semis.

Which #1 seed with be the first one eliminated? Why and When?

Right now i'm seing a elimination for pink floyd. Pink is a great band in all aspects. And they did alot for the rock community. But to overlook that, Isnt that hard. When there going up aganst kiss. Kiss pushed the limits in the 70's and 80's of what was moral and this and that. And had throngs of wemon, Mostly pissy churchy moms on there back 24/7.

The only problem I see with any other matchup right now is metalica, And MJ. Jackson might not be the favorite in everones book. But he has sold more records than probibly allmost anyone in the contest. *other than maybe the beetles* The only way I see Metalica winning is if theres no MJ fans on the board.

But back to Floyd and kiss, Kiss is a band that alot of people still remember to this day. They had hits after hits. So did floyd, But really in my mind 2 bands have stood the test of time. That would be kiss and black sabbith. Ozzy and the boys have nothing to do with this matchup right now though.

So my prediction is Pink floyd going down to kiss.

I don't think that any of the #1 seeds will be eliminated in this round, but I could be wrong. I personally think Nirvana will be the first one eliminated though. When comparing them to the other #1 seeds, they seem to be the weakest (at least in my opinion). They've made it far in the tourny, but if they make it by the Foo Fighters, I don't know if they'll pass the next round.

if anyone goes, I think Metallica have the hardest run in this round vs Jacko. Beyond him, they won't meet much opposition until a U2 (?) final.

Kiss will under no circumstances topple Pink Floyd and none of the other bands have the name power to be a real threat until a final against what I hope will be the winners in Freddy and co's Queen.

As for the Beatles...well I'd like to see them go out to be honest. Lennon and McCartney were legends, but compared to the likes of Queen, I don't rate them as musically, Queen owned them. Lyrically, good, music was poor though. I'd love to see Van Morrison pull it off but first, a clash of heads between IC25 and my pet projects in this tournament.

Nirvana...will sweep their way into the final on nostalgia. Foo Fighters won't stop them and probably no-one will

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back