6th Annual WZ Tournament Bracket Unveiling

No, he won most of his matches in the mid card but he didn't fair as well in the main event. At least that's how his WWE career went until his drug suspension knocked him down the card. I haven't followed him closely in TNA.

No, he won most of his matches in the mid card but he didn't fair as well in the main event. At least that's how his WWE career went until his drug suspension knocked him down the card. I haven't followed him closely in TNA.

Even though he has been used as a nothing person in TNA, most of his matches end in Rob Van Dam victories. That's saying somethin'.

Rob Van Dam had a pretty solid pay per view win/loss record for the longest time. I'm a big RVD fan, but have to support Harley Race, I have to much of a man crush on the Mutton Chop Mauler.

Van Dam's racked up wins over Jericho, Angle, Edge, Austin, Rock, Triple H, Flair, Sting, Benoit, Guerrero, (Jeff) Hardy, Undertaker, John Cena, and even went over Randy Orton in what was known beforehand to be his last WWE match. It's not like his overall winning record didn't include a slew of headliners.

RVD is going to make it past the first two rounds easily I believe. It's the third that might give him trouble depending on who he's against.

Van Dam's racked up wins over Jericho, Angle, Edge, Austin, Rock, Triple H, Flair, Sting, Benoit, Guerrero, (Jeff) Hardy, Undertaker, John Cena, and even went over Randy Orton in what was known beforehand to be his last WWE match. It's not like his overall winning record didn't a slew of headliners.

You look at most upper mid card/main event guys with a long career in the business and you'll find a group of great names they've beaten, it doesn't mean their record in main event level matches was anything to right home about. I know how much you like Booker T so here's a group of guys he has beaten in his career that is comparable:

Goldberg, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Triple H, Taker, RVD, Lex Luger, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin.

I can make a similar list for Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy etc.

You look at most upper mid card/main event guys with a long career in the business and you'll find a group of great names they've beaten, it doesn't mean their record in main event level matches was anything to right home about. I know how much you like Booker T so here's a group of guys he has beaten in his career that is comparable:

Goldberg, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Triple H, Taker, RVD, Lex Luger, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin.
Edge, Cena, and Hardy weren't really sniffing world titles when those decisions went down. Feel free to scratch those from the list at the very least if it's supposed to represent high profile notches in the man's belt.

Also, I neglected to included Booker on Van Dam's list of high profile victims because Booker ain't shit.

Edge, Cena, and Hardy weren't really sniffing world titles when those decisions went down. Feel free to scratch those from the list at the very least if it's supposed to represent high profile notches in the man's belt.

Guerrero wasn't "sniffing" the world title when RVD beat him and Ric Flair was in his mid 50's and losing the majority of his matches. Booker beat Cena one on one 7 months before Cena won his first WWE title and he also pinned him in a triple threat match involving Big Show when Cena was at his peak.

My point is that there are a ton of guys with a sizable list of big names that they beat. It doesn't mean they were perennial main eventers who won the majority of their high profile matches.

My point is that there are a ton of guys with a sizable list of big names that they beat. It doesn't mean they were perennial main eventers who won the majority of their high profile matches.
Correct. But a winning record is a winning record, and it wasn't against scrubs. That counts for a whole heck of a lot.

But of course this a tournament that Chris Jericho is destined to get deep into, so such talk really doesn't mean a whole lot.

The accurate answer is because people suck; although I've rather come to the conclusion that Gorgeous George wasn't one tenth as important as some people make him out to have been.

Nor we're a lot of people, but WWE is more than happy to exagerate people's importance and/or amend history to suit their liking. And since history is written by the winners...

Nor we're a lot of people, but WWE is more than happy to exagerate people's importance and/or amend history to suit their liking. And since history is written by the winners...

I can see it now when WWE acquires the assets of UFc; they'll do a DVD, and Triple H will have a segment, where he says, "two guys fighting in a cage? Who wants to pay to see that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back