Wrestlezone Tournament Discussion

Well since we're in a mid week lull, I figured I would show some of the new matches for the next round, minus the stipulations of course. Remember, Round 4 will start on Saturday.

Matches so far:

WWE Region: Madison Square Garden.
Shawn Michaels vs. Bam Bam Bigelow. Obviously Michaels has got to be the favorite going into this match, I may not agree with it, but the way these tourney's work, HBK is almost untouchable. There are certainly stipulations though that the big man can pull this upset with.

AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage:
Ahh, I didn't even see how close the Muta/Cage match was. I stopped paying attention because Muta had it in the bag and now Cage is the winner. I'm kind of shocked with that one. Not only that, but Cage is in a very familiar environment performing in front of a crowd he has performed in front of most of his career. These two are about as evenly matched as it comes, and would be an excellent match.

WCW Region: Georgia Dome
Eddie Guerrero vs Hulk Hogan. Oh Boy, I hope it doesn't turn into a Hogan hate fest, but it certainly will. I think this match will depend almost solely on the stipulation that is going along with it. Hogan got the shaft last year in a ladder match with AJ Styles, could he get a favorable match this year?

Triple H vs. Randy Orton
Oh boy, snore. Honestly, kinda disapointed with this match, but that's how the cookie crumbles. I honestly see zero chance of Randy Orton winning this matchup. They met last year, and Trips dominated him in the tourney. Trips could face Guerrero again in Round 5, exactly the same as last year.

TNA Region: Impact Zone
Steve Austin vs. Curt Hennig.
Well, it doesn't get much better then a match up between these two in their primes. Hopefully a stipulation won't ruin this matchup. Perfect could win this match given the right stipulation and an open audience.

Ric Flair vs. Big Van Vader
IC25's campaign for victory could come to an end in this match. Again, technical wrestler vs. pure power, the stipulation will play a big part in the outcome of this matchup.

ECW Region: ECW Arena.
Chris Jericho vs. Ted DiBiase.
Jericho isn't taking the money with this matchup, so DiBiase is going to have to straight up beat him.

Edge vs. the Big Show.
Edge has been cruising along, but this is easily his hardest challenge in this thing so far. Again, another match of power vs. speed, and the stipulation is going to play a big role in the outcome of this match.

Quick question, when do we find out the stipulations for the matches?

Stipulations for the round 4 matches will be determined before the matches are released. It will be done at random. When the matches are put up, then that is when the stipulations will be revealed.

I am just flat out disappointed in many on the board with the passing of HHH over Andre the Giant (giving us HHH vs Orton, zzzzzzz instead of Andre vs Orton) and the egrigious voting of Christian Cage over a Japanese Legend like The Great Muta.

Everybody is going to have a chance for redemption. My mission statement on Yokozuna over The Undertaker is out for dissection, and my position peice on Big Van Vader to go over Ric Flair (and everybody else in the tourney) will follow shortly.

I am just flat out disappointed in many on the board with the passing of HHH over Andre the Giant (giving us HHH vs Orton, zzzzzzz instead of Andre vs Orton) and the egrigious voting of Christian Cage over a Japanese Legend like The Great Muta.

Everybody is going to have a chance for redemption. My mission statement on Yokozuna over The Undertaker is out for dissection, and my position peice on Big Van Vader to go over Ric Flair (and everybody else in the tourney) will follow shortly.

I'm dissapointed but not suprised. Many of the voters are ages 13-18 and have probably never seen Andre wrestle outside of watching the Mania III match on Youtube.

As for your piece on Vader, I'm excited. Its gonna have to be amazing for me to even consider voting against Angle.

As for your piece on Vader, I'm excited. Its gonna have to be amazing for me to even consider voting against Angle.

I am not putting the perverbial "cart before the horse." As long as I earn your support for Vader against Flair, I will worry about Angle when that comes up. Until then, Vader over Flair and Yoko over Taker are my goals.

I do, however, want to thank everyone for supporting Ron Simmons as much as you all did and getting him through further than anyone would have thought.

That's presuming Angle gets through round 4 of course. He's facing what's probably his greatest challenge yet in Dean Malenko. Unfortunately, he'll probably take it in exposure alone. Not that he doesn't legitimately deserve to take it of course. You'll have to take into consideration that, while Malenko has a more diverse moveset, Angle is every bit of a wrestler that he is. I doubt it'll come down to the stipulation - I can't think of one that would definitely shift the balance significantly. Should be great, either way.

I am not putting the perverbial "cart before the horse." As long as I earn your support for Vader against Flair, I will worry about Angle when that comes up. Until then, Vader over Flair and Yoko over Taker are my goals.

I do, however, want to thank everyone for supporting Ron Simmons as much as you all did and getting him through further than anyone would have thought.

Smart choice. I respect your posts but I can assure you I will be fighting for Flair. Look forward to the debate. I know you post more but I think there are some more Naitch fans out there to help me out.

And here are the last half of the matches for round 4, minus the gimmick matches for now.

WWE Region
Chris Benoit vs. Brian Pillman:
Damn, I would love to see this match. If I'm not mistaken, Benoit was the replacement for Pillman in the Horsemen, and I'm not sure if they crossed paths or not. Plus I'm fairly impressed with the Beatdown Benoit ended up putting on Lesnar. I figured that one for a nail biter. I think the only matches that would prove to be an advantage would be a submission match.

Sting vs. Samoa Joe.
Very interesting matchup. Sting is an Icon, and Joe has a ton of momentum amongst the IWC. I will be interested to see how this match goes. Obviously Submission matches might favor Joe.

WCW Region:
Bret Hart vs. Kane:
Hart vs. the crazy Dentist all over again. I really can't see any scenario not involving Kane leaving with a loss.

Randy Savage vs. Jushin Thunder Liger:
Damn, damn damn, that is a good matchup. Two guys that are probably about as equal as it gets in the ring. I honestly don't see a gimmick match that would favor one over the other.

TNA Region:
Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko:
Another simple dream match right here. Two guys that are about as evenly matched as it gets. Remember, Malenko was so good a kayfabe magazine managed to give him wrestler of the year in 1997, that's pretty damn impressive.

Rob Van Dam vs. The Rock:
I have a feeling the way this is going to go, and I probably won't agree with it. Given the gimmick match assigned, RVD is very capable of taking the Rock out in a six sided ring.

ECW Region:
The Undertaker vs. Yokozuna:
IC 25's campaign could come to an end. Obviously gimmick of the match will have a huge outcome in this match.

Mick Foley vs. Scott Steiner:
Again, another very intriguing matchup. A crazy son of a bitch vs a pure technical power house.

And that is it, those are the final 32 of the tournament. I will have the matches up shortly.

Let's talk potential match-ups.

The most exciting prospect seems to be Mick Foley vs. The Undertaker in either a Barbed Wire match or Three Stages of Hell. Yeah, we've seen this before but it'll still be nice to see who people think will take it. I think the deadman probably will and Foley will do what Foley does best: lose, and lose well.

Decidedly less exciting is the prospect of the Big Show taking on Chris Jericho in similar circumstances. I'm guessing we could finally vote against the giant then, which'd be good considering I hate myself for voting against Edge.

It's looking like a Jericho (or maybe Big Show) vs. Undertaker (or maybe Foley) ECW final then. In which case, the winner is the man I predicted to win all along: Undertaker.

TNA's prospects pan out as this:

Kurt Angle faces Van Dam in either an Ultimate X or Monster's Ball match. I'd say that either favours Van Dam, although not by nearly as much as people will say. There's no advantage if, instead of cables, they use the metal scaffold for Elevation X. I also think that Angle is as dangerous as RVD in a hardcore environment, if not more so.

In the other semi-final, we have Steve Austin facing Big Van Vader. I'll laugh my ass off if they get the Ultimate X, which I think just favours the lighter Austin. Sure, Vader is more agile, but Austin will still find it easier climbing those cables/scaffold. The Monster's Ball definitely favours Vader. It's a match designed for monsters to compete in, after all. Still, I think people may still give Austin the vote.

Really, this could be Angle or RVD vs. Austin or Vader, but I'm going to say it'll be Angle/Vader, because I think they'll be options I'll be selecting. In which case, me and IC25 are pit against each other in a bitter contest, with the best chance anybody has of beating Angle in the tournament so far.

The WWE region is turning out slightly odd.

We'll be getting Christian facing off against *audible sigh* Shawn Michaels. HIAC favours Michaels, but TLC favours Christian even more so. Obviously, there's the Shawn Michaels rule in play, where the opponent, setting, stipulation and oxygen levels don't mean a fucking thing. Therefore, Michaels knocks CC out in seconds and grabs the briefcase.

Then there's Sting/Benoit in two situations which favour neither. Well, I suppose the TLC favours Benoit slightly. Either way, I think Benoit goes through and we get some much needed controversy.

Hopefully, the Shawn Michaels rule doesn't apply in the finals, where I think we may have Benoit forcing HBK to tap out. It'll all come down to the big debate though, and I think this final may well be best of all. Should produce some great discussion.

In WCW, we've got Hart or Kane facing Savage. Erm, no comment.

On the other side, we've got a potentially great match between Hulk Hogan and Triple H in matches that really favour neither. This will be fucking awesome and may be my pick for match of the tournament.

We've then got the winner facing Hart in finals, where I see Hart proceeding for some odd reason.

My picks for final matches are:

Kurt Angle (TNA winner) vs. Bret Hart (WCW winner)

The Undertaker (ECW winner) vs. Shawn Michaels (WWE winner)

Mix them up however you like.This is going to be great, undoubtedly.

Round four is what makes this touranment so great. You could see the #1, #2, and # 11(who should've been a top 3 seed) go out in this round. I think HBK will hang on, I think Hart will get a late surge of votes, but it looks as if the greatest of all time is outta here much too soon. This is how the voters voted and that's how it will be.

My bad Shocky. It was me who deleted the Henning/Austin threads. I just assumed they were duplicate topics. I didn't read the opening part of the thread, not the last bit of it anyway.

That being said I'm not going to comment in three threads about the same match.

Just to comment-I came in at the quarter final stage and I am loving it!It seems that alot of people backed HBK but it also seems Bam Bam is proving a bit of bother!Ric flair and Bret Hart also seemed to be straight into the semis but that also proved not to be so easy!

Just to comment-I came in at the quarter final stage and I am loving it!It seems that alot of people backed HBK but it also seems Bam Bam is proving a bit of bother!Ric flair and Bret Hart also seemed to be straight into the semis but that also proved not to be so easy!

Wabbit, just make sure you back the greatest Super Heavyweight in wrestling history, Big Van Vader, in his 5th round match against the winner of Steve Austin/Curt Henning!

The tourney is fantastic, glad you made it for some of it!!!

Maybe I should create a "Why Kurt Angle beats Rob Van Dam thread" in the vein of IC25's 'Zuna > 'Taker thread. I think we'll definitely be needing it, as people will be going on the stipulation alone yet again. Otherwise, we'd be getting Rock/Angle, but I guess not. If only it were a perfect world, and everyone didn't hold grudges against The Rock. I know many of you had legitimate reasons to vote against him, but others... it was pure IWC mentality. IMO, anyway.

Well my favorite thing to do, predicting matches for round 5.

WWE Region.

Bam Bam Bigelow/HBK vs. Christian Cage???
Holy shit, this is certainly an oddball matchup. If HBK were to lose, the WWE region blows wide open. There is also the real possibility of this becoming a Triple Threat matchup. This match will either be in a Hell in the Cell or a TLC. In a one on one match in a cell, I would give HBK the nod over Cage, and Bigelow the nod over Cage, but in a Triple Threat, I'm fucked beyond belief picking a clear cut winner.

If this match becomes a TLC, you would have to give the nod to Cage over Bigelow simply do to experience, but if it becomes HBK vs. Cage, it's a virtual push in my opinion. If it becomes a triple threat, I think I'm going to lean on Cage. I see Bigelow as the type of guy to keep someone from winning if he knows he's not going to win, and that just falls right into the lap of an opportunist like Cage. Anyways, this match should be interesting because the scenarios at this point are insane.

Sting vs. Benoit:
I doubt either Pillman or Joe can make a comeback at this point. If this match is a cell match, I have to go with the Stinger. Sting is just used to these types of matches more, however, I don't think Sting is a clear cut winner. Benoit is just as dangerous in this environment. If this match is a TLC, Benoit becomes the favorite, but certainly Sting has a shot in this match. Damn good matchup either way.

WCW Region:
Kane/Hart vs. Savage:
I'm willing to bet that the Kane/Hart match is pretty much done. Hart needs a big rally to win, but anything is possible. If this match is a 60 minute Iron Man Match, then Savage would have a huge advantage over Kane. Kane is impressive, but I don't think he has near the stamina of Savage. If it's Hart vs. Savage for an hour, I would sell my soul to watch that match and I couldn't pick a winner at this point.

If this is the Triple Tiered Cage and Kane is facing Savage, I think I'm going to give the nod to Savage. It is a cage match, yes, and that makes it dangerous for anyone to be locked in with Kane, but it is also a climbing match as well. You have to escape the first cage with a ladder to get to the second cage, and Kane certainly isn't speedy. If this becomes Hart vs. Savage, I'm thinking that it is going to be another too close to call matchup. So in the end, Savage goes over Kane regardless of the stipulation, but Hart vs. Savage in either match would be a classic.

Hogan vs. Triple H
Simply put, if this becomes an Iron Man match, I see no shot of Hogan winning this thing. Triple H is simply in better Cardio shape then Hogan has ever been in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hogan has never had a 30 minute classic, let alone a 60 minute classic. This match just oozes of Triple H winning.

If it becomes a Triple Tier cage match, I'm going with Hogan. Triple H is good in Cell's, but Hogan is incredibly good in cage matches. Yes, a climbing element is involved in t his match, but no one gets a clear cut advantage. The only advantage would be is if Tripel H were able to use the bodies he has buried throughout his career as a stepping ladder to the top, but that won't happen.

TNA Region:
Kurt Angle/Dean Malenko vs. Rob Van Dam
Angle and Malenko is still within reach, but it's looking to be Angle. RVD should win the ladder match at this point. If this match becomes an Ultimate X match, then obviously RVD is the clear cut favorite. The guy could probably jump a good logn ways fromt he turnbuckle to the middle of the ropes to get a good head start. However, don't discount Kurt Angle. Angle is pretty damn agile himself, moreso then the Rock.

If it becomes a Monster's Ball, forget about it. RVD is great in a hardcore environment, but no one in the business is as intense as Kurt Angle. I see Kurt Angle dominating a match with RVD where there are no rules and no climbing stipulations.

Austin/Hennig vs. Vader:
Oh boy. There is still an outside Shot for Hennig but I doubt he will pull through. Ultimate X will obviously favor the lighter guy in either situation. Vader, let's face it, is a big guy, and as strong as he is, I doubt he's going to impress anyone with his monkey bar skills. Hell, I'd wager to say that the ropes are going to snap before Vader reaches the X.

Monster's Ball is clearly going to favor Vader. Sure Austin can brawl with the best of them, but Vader is a freaking monster, and the match is called Monster's ball for a reason. I simply see Austin beign destroyed by Vader in that matchup.

ECW Region:
Jericho vs. The Big Show.
Well not the match I was hoping for it will do. Jericho better hope it doesn't become a barbed wire match, because the thought of Big Show throwing Jericho into Barbed Wire is sickening. If this is the match, there is no way Jericho wins in my opinion.

3 Stages of Hell would favor Jericho in my opinion. The longer the match goes, the more it favors the man with the stamina. This of course depends on the three stipulations for the matches, and that's even if match 3 would be needed. Jericho could be gone this round.

Undertaker vs. Foley.
They met in last years tournament, they'll meet again. Now this becomes an environment that Foley has to have an advantage in. If it becomes a barbed wire match, I think the deadman is done. He has never been in a match like that. I would think the ECW crowd would die of an orgasm from a match like this.

3 Stages of Hell would favor the deadman, but then again, there has been one guy that has had a ton of success agaisnt the Undertaker, and his name is Mick Foley. I simply don't know how either m atch would play out.

Let's talk potential match-ups.

The most exciting prospect seems to be Mick Foley vs. The Undertaker in either a Barbed Wire match or Three Stages of Hell. Yeah, we've seen this before but it'll still be nice to see who people think will take it. I think the deadman probably will and Foley will do what Foley does best: lose, and lose well.

Decidedly less exciting is the prospect of the Big Show taking on Chris Jericho in similar circumstances. I'm guessing we could finally vote against the giant then, which'd be good considering I hate myself for voting against Edge.

It's looking like a Jericho (or maybe Big Show) vs. Undertaker (or maybe Foley) ECW final then. In which case, the winner is the man I predicted to win all along: Undertaker.

TNA's prospects pan out as this:

Kurt Angle faces Van Dam in either an Ultimate X or Monster's Ball match. I'd say that either favours Van Dam, although not by nearly as much as people will say. There's no advantage if, instead of cables, they use the metal scaffold for Elevation X. I also think that Angle is as dangerous as RVD in a hardcore environment, if not more so.

In the other semi-final, we have Steve Austin facing Big Van Vader. I'll laugh my ass off if they get the Ultimate X, which I think just favours the lighter Austin. Sure, Vader is more agile, but Austin will still find it easier climbing those cables/scaffold. The Monster's Ball definitely favours Vader. It's a match designed for monsters to compete in, after all. Still, I think people may still give Austin the vote.

Really, this could be Angle or RVD vs. Austin or Vader, but I'm going to say it'll be Angle/Vader, because I think they'll be options I'll be selecting. In which case, me and IC25 are pit against each other in a bitter contest, with the best chance anybody has of beating Angle in the tournament so far.

The WWE region is turning out slightly odd.

We'll be getting Christian facing off against *audible sigh* Shawn Michaels. HIAC favours Michaels, but TLC favours Christian even more so. Obviously, there's the Shawn Michaels rule in play, where the opponent, setting, stipulation and oxygen levels don't mean a fucking thing. Therefore, Michaels knocks CC out in seconds and grabs the briefcase.

Then there's Sting/Benoit in two situations which favour neither. Well, I suppose the TLC favours Benoit slightly. Either way, I think Benoit goes through and we get some much needed controversy.

Hopefully, the Shawn Michaels rule doesn't apply in the finals, where I think we may have Benoit forcing HBK to tap out. It'll all come down to the big debate though, and I think this final may well be best of all. Should produce some great discussion.

In WCW, we've got Hart or Kane facing Savage. Erm, no comment.

On the other side, we've got a potentially great match between Hulk Hogan and Triple H in matches that really favour neither. This will be fucking awesome and may be my pick for match of the tournament.

We've then got the winner facing Hart in finals, where I see Hart proceeding for some odd reason.

My picks for final matches are:

Kurt Angle (TNA winner) vs. Bret Hart (WCW winner)

The Undertaker (ECW winner) vs. Shawn Michaels (WWE winner)

Mix them up however you like.This is going to be great, undoubtedly.

I predicted Round 5 matches and then some, Shocky. Problem being that no one cared. I'm glad you agree, roughly, with my assessment of the Angle/Van Dam situation, as well as the Austin/Vader situation. We're using cables instead of the scaffold then? Bad news for Vader.

Bam Bam Bigelow/HBK vs. Christian Cage???
This match will either be in a Hell in the Cell or a TLC. In a one on one match in a cell, I would give HBK the nod over Cage, and Bigelow the nod over Cage, but in a Triple Threat, I'm fucked beyond belief picking a clear cut winner. If this match becomes a TLC, you would have to give the nod to Cage over Bigelow simply do to experience, but if it becomes HBK vs. Cage, it's a virtual push in my opinion.

I like Bam Bam Bigelow in a triple threat situation should he and HBK push. Cage would have a great deal of experience in the TLC atmosphere, but how much does experience really play there? Michaels is arguably better than ANYONE with ladders and Bigelow is no slouch with a steel chair. Also, Bam Bam is an old school ECW alum and legend in Japanese legend, so he can and has adapted well to hardcore environments. Finally, I'd see Cage and Michaels "egos" causing them to target one another, perhaps after Bigelow takes a spill to the outside. Let them wear each other down and Bam Bam levels the playing field. In Hell in a Cell, don't disqualify Bigelow's cage experience either. Though Michaels would be a clear cut HIAC favorite.

Sting vs. Benoit:
I doubt either Pillman or Joe can make a comeback at this point. If this match is a cell match, I have to go with the Stinger. Sting is just used to these types of matches more, however, I don't think Sting is a clear cut winner. Benoit is just as dangerous in this environment. If this match is a TLC, Benoit becomes the favorite, but certainly Sting has a shot in this match. Damn good matchup either way.

Could go either way. I think Sting has a touch more going for him from the cage side of things, but to my knowledge Sting has never dealt with a ladder environment before - at least not often. So HIAC favors Sting and TLC favors Benoit, but like you said CA, neither stip gives an advantage.

WCW Region:
Kane/Hart vs. Savage:
I'm willing to bet that the Kane/Hart match is pretty much done. Hart needs a big rally to win, but anything is possible. If this match is a 60 minute Iron Man Match, then Savage would have a huge advantage over Kane. Kane is impressive, but I don't think he has near the stamina of Savage. If it's Hart vs. Savage for an hour, I would sell my soul to watch that match and I couldn't pick a winner at this point. If this is the Triple Tiered Cage and Kane is facing Savage, I think I'm going to give the nod to Savage. It is a cage match, yes, and that makes it dangerous for anyone to be locked in with Kane, but it is also a climbing match as well.

The fact that we miss out on the very thought of a Hart vs Savage iron man match is a crime and everyone who voted for Kane should apologize. Yes, in an iron man match with Kane, Savage is smart enough to wear the big guy down, maybe going down 1-0 in the early going, but winning 3-2 or 2-1 when all is said and done. I agree with CA's assessment of Savage's climbing ability and stamina being a clear cut advantage in a triple tiered cage match. If Savage can get up a level, it will take Kane some time, so Savage gets to rest. Kane gets ambushed as soon as his body limply drapes over the floor of the 2nd tier.

Hogan vs. Triple H
Simply put, if this becomes an Iron Man match, I see no shot of Hogan winning this thing. Triple H is simply in better Cardio shape then Hogan has ever been in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hogan has never had a 30 minute classic, let alone a 60 minute classic. This match just oozes of Triple H winning. If it becomes a Triple Tier cage match, I'm going with Hogan. Triple H is good in Cell's, but Hogan is incredibly good in cage matches. Yes, a climbing element is involved in t his match, but no one gets a clear cut advantage. The only advantage would be is if Tripel H were able to use the bodies he has buried throughout his career as a stepping ladder to the top, but that won't happen.

HHH has a great deal of cage experience as well. Many of Hogan's cage matches in his prime were against larger, out of shape opponents such as King Kong Bundy and Big Boss Man. HHH can withstand the onslaught and stay in there. Whether it has been HIAC, Elimination Chamber, or straight cage match, HHH has damn sure performed. I take Hunter in either match, though it should have been Andre.

TNA Region:
Kurt Angle/Dean Malenko vs. Rob Van Dam
Angle and Malenko is still within reach, but it's looking to be Angle. RVD should win the ladder match at this point. If this match becomes an Ultimate X match, then obviously RVD is the clear cut favorite. The guy could probably jump a good long ways fromt he turnbuckle to the middle of the ropes to get a good head start. However, don't discount Kurt Angle. Angle is pretty damn agile himself, moreso then the Rock. If it becomes a Monster's Ball, forget about it. RVD is great in a hardcore environment, but no one in the business is as intense as Kurt Angle. I see Kurt Angle dominating a match with RVD where there are no rules and no climbing stipulations.

Both men (Angle and RVD) are fantastic athletes, but both stipulations give RVD a realistic shot at winning. Angle has terrific upper body strength, but RVD has built a career on his ability to use the ropes creatively for offense, defense, etc. He'd flourish in an Ultimate X match. Even with Angle being more experienced in the six sided ring, RVD can take to the air and neutralize that advantage FAST. Also, I think RVD would adapt to the faster ring VERY quickly. As for Monster's Ball, these two guys would straight up brutalize each other, and it'd be a push. RVD is better in a hardcore environment and is far more creative, but Angle is a tremendous athlete. I'd see a tie here and a 6th round triple threat.

Austin/Hennig vs. Vader:
Oh boy. There is still an outside Shot for Hennig but I doubt he will pull through. Ultimate X will obviously favor the lighter guy in either situation. Vader, let's face it, is a big guy, and as strong as he is, I doubt he's going to impress anyone with his monkey bar skills. Hell, I'd wager to say that the ropes are going to snap before Vader reaches the X.
Monster's Ball is clearly going to favor Vader. Sure Austin can brawl with the best of them, but Vader is a freaking monster, and the match is called Monster's ball for a reason. I simply see Austin beign destroyed by Vader in that matchup.

Ok, here we go. Vader wins in either match, hands down. Here's why:

1. Vader is significantly more agile than Austin. The man hit top and 2nd rope splashes and moonsaults on a regular basis both in the US and in Japan, wrestled very well in cage matches during his career, and has no issue adapting to different ring styles. Remember, Vader did a short stint in TNA in the early 2000's. Austin is not a high flyer by any stretch of the imagination, seems completely out of place in the air, and would finally be hindered by the existance of the 6-sided ring here instead of the classic WCW and WWE rings he is used to.

2. The ropes breaking? Are you serious? Recent Ultimate X matches have seen the likes of Hernandez and the Dudleyz dangling from the ropes along with their opponents. In the most recent Ultimate X match featuring the Dudleyz and Devine vs the Motor City Machine Guns and Jay Lethal, how many guys were hanging from the ropes at once? A fair number, and the ropes were MORE than ok. Vader is only one, large man. His weight is less that that of the Dudleyz. Even with Austin, it's still not even remotely an issue. THEY ARE RING ROPES FOR GOD's SAKE! Lesnar superplexed Big Show and the RING collapsed before the ropes broke. Vader will be fine, and he'll win with his crazy upper body strength. Also, if Austin is approaching and Vader wrapps him up, he's not shaking Vader off. Imaging the rings on American Gladiators, only with a 450-lb man wrapped around you as you cling to life.

3. Monster's Ball is a walk, just like the House O Fun was over Flair. Vader is so hardcore, whether he was popping HIS OWN EYE back in his head in Japan, throwing Mick Foley through barbed wire in Germany, or decimating Cactus Jack in a Texas Death Match in the US - Austin stands no chance against Vader.

ECW Region:
Jericho vs. The Big Show.
Well not the match I was hoping for it will do. Jericho better hope it doesn't become a barbed wire match, because the thought of Big Show throwing Jericho into Barbed Wire is sickening. If this is the match, there is no way Jericho wins in my opinion. 3 Stages of Hell would favor Jericho in my opinion. The longer the match goes, the more it favors the man with the stamina. This of course depends on the three stipulations for the matches, and that's even if match 3 would be needed. Jericho could be gone this round.

Ok, so Show throwing Jericho into barbed wire would hurt, yes, because of Show's power. Think of it this way - Jericho could leap the rope and hit the floor because he is agile enough to do it. Role reversal - Jericho throws or propels Show towards the ropes. Well, Show can't stop his momentum, and when his near 500-lb frame presses INTO the barbed wire, those little shards of metal will dig SO FAR INTO HIS SKIN that they will rip out chunks of Show. Both matches favor a lighter, more athletic Jericho. And if you think Jericho can't handle the blood, watch him and Lance Storm face The Heavenly Bodies at SMW and see the blood on Chris's face. Sick.

Undertaker vs. Foley.
They met in last years tournament, they'll meet again. Now this becomes an environment that Foley has to have an advantage in. If it becomes a barbed wire match, I think the deadman is done. He has never been in a match like that. I would think the ECW crowd would die of an orgasm from a match like this. 3 Stages of Hell would favor the deadman, but then again, there has been one guy that has had a ton of success agaisnt the Undertaker, and his name is Mick Foley. I simply don't know how either m atch would play out.

I know how it'd play out. No winner. Both men - dead. Jericho gets a bye.

Judging by the semi finals.................................

Benoit vs Sting : TLC

Benoit is going to win this one hands down.Sting has NO ladder experience and Benoit has tons aswell as his EC-Dub days.Benoit will win and head to the final.Nuff said

Christain vs HBK vs Bam Bam

Well,this should be fun!I backed HBK on this one only on his knowlegde on this sort of match..Of course Bam Bam could dominate:after all the cell is a big boy toy and these kind of matches fit the big men-i.e Taker,Lesnar,Nash etc.Cage,has no chance in hell unless he watches Bam and HBK battle the shit of each other then sneak a pin.HBK or Bam Bam will win but more likely HBK,

I hope everyone who had to vote for Kane in the Sadistic Maddness match sees that they screwed everyone out of a Bret Hart vs Randy Savage 60 minute Iron Man match. Way to go people! The match name said sadistic and you looked no further than that.

To Mighty Norcal for voting HBK at the last second bringing him into the next round- I hope as soon as you get Rock's heel music on your Xbox it implodes. Then in all your sadness all you want is some Apple Jack's, but when you go to the fridge, the milks bad and the grocery stores are all closed.

I have a question, i don't know where else to post it.

How many days does the voting last for each round?

The easy answer is that the regional Semi-finals are on right now. The Hard answer is that it is variable based on the round. The winner will be found next week. The Sad news is that I stopped really caring about who went through when Steve Corino finally left the tournament, as well as Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi.

CA, here is a question. We are a few days away from knowing who will go to "The Final Night" and compete for each Region's Championship as well as the Final Four. My question is, which region's champions face each other first? Does the TNA champ face the WWE champ and the WCW champ face the ECW champ, or some other combination?

The WWE Regional Champion will face off against the ECW Regional Champion and TnA will face off against WCW. The winners of those two will obviously face each other in the finals.

The WWE Regional Champion will face off against the ECW Regional Champion and TnA will face off against WCW. The winners of those two will obviously face each other in the finals.

Awesome! Any stips? What type of ring? I think the rules only mention KOTR Style...I am asking because I want to start prospecting Vader's road to the championship.

It's king of the ring style, so all the matches would be in one night. Obviously there would be some filler matches between rounds. Last year we saw a bikini contest featuring bastion booger, and the batlle of the Giants with Khali, Kurgan, Giant Silva and Giant Gonzalez. Maybe this year a thong contest with Cheekz vs. Rikishi is in order.

Anyways, basic rules apply, nothing fancy. A dominate win in the next round will only help out. The closer the match results, the more wear and tear you assume is on the body. If Vader dominates someone like RVD next round with a 90-10 ass whoopin, and he faces off against presumabley Savage and triple H that goes 51-49, Vader is going to have an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back