The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

just a question would matt hardy have time to interfer in jeff's match since it is TN to MO and how far apart are the matches in terms of days and great tournament have really had a lot of fun voting in it

Akermish, i'll have all that down tonight when we start round 2, but for your question.

You have to think outside the box on this one. Take it as a legit tournament without the political BS that the WWE has.

Say the matches are within 3 days of each other, sure one could fly from one to the other in a couple hours, but if Matt beats Ricky Steamboat, and then it's time for Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy, would Matt fly their, or would he be training for his round 3 matchup. Now if Matt were to get beat by Steamboat, then he would have nothing to lose and would probably be on that plane. It's all how you see it really. Remember to try and play these things out in your mind, and if you see it working, then vote that way.

The Boston region has some boring first round matches.
Cena, Inferno, Hart, Warrior, kane, Rhodes advance.
Barry Windham was a great wrestler and has the size to compete with Yoko, anyone who's not seen Barry should watch the Flair DVD and watch their match, truly the second best match of '87 (Steamboat/Savage). I'm going with Windham.
Michaels will win but how lucky of a break, he didn't belong on the same show as the Horsemen much less a member. Wish he and Windham had switched places.
Some good potential 2nd round matches though
Windham vs Hart( two quality wrestlers) who's know how I will vote on that one if it happens.
Kane vs Warrior (kane)

A Cracking first round. But: Aren't we supposed to be voting for wrestling ability, not if WWE put titles on them? AJ Styles, for example, DOES have one of the greatest wrestling abilities in wrestling. Styles vs Jeff Hardy (Jeff's first TNA match) was one of the best pure wrestling maches i've ever seen. And, one regret: Mr Kennedy's gonna go out this early. Poor guy, a great competitor drawing The Naitch in round 2. Kennedy is a fantastic wrestler, but after the match, the one word catchphrase standing tall wont be KENNEDY, it'll be one word with about 35,000,000,000,000 letters.

P.S: The Poster, Grade-A Moron. Go bother someone else, jerkwad.

Colamania, pure wrestling ability obviously has a lot to do with it, but you should know that's not all it takes to be a good wrestler. That's why guys like Matt and Jeff Hardy have had trouble solidifying a main event position for themselves in WWE. You need, on top of wrestling ability, mic skills, the ability to tell a story in the ring (not just being able to jump off the top rope), etc.

That being said, I would certainly vote for JBL over Samoa Joe. He does have wrestling ability, but he's a big man, which means he can't hit as hard of a suplex or jump off the top rope as well as others, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have good wrestling ability. He has some of the best mic skills in the business and the fact that hes been able to propel himself to the top of the business out of nowhere tells me he deserves to make it further into the tournament.

As for the Styles vs. Chavo match, I'm not saying Chavo should win necessarily but I'd hesitate in casting my vote for one or the other.

The ability to main event WWE should figure into your voting for sure. They wouldn't be there if the fans didn't actually like them of if they weren't good enough, and guys like JBL and Cena are proof of that. Despite adversity, they're up there and people actually like them. Whether a WWE hater or someone who believes pure wrestlers only should compose a main event seen (and trust me, if they did, no one would watch wrestling) thinks the best wrestlers are the purest wrestlers shouldn't figure completely into your vote.

Well the whole voting process is completly subjective. For the most part it looks like people are voting who they think should win, not fan favorites. Now obviously people voting for Rodney over Hulk Hogan is a different story, but be that as it may.

Vote however you feel, whethere it be on pure wrestling ability or the overall character, not just in ring. You are the booker for this monster. So take all the politics out of it and put over who you want over, it's that simple.

Here's a prime example of a dilemna a run in my mind.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan:
Now either way I can put any of these guys over and not feel bad about who i vote for, because eitehr way, the company wins with any of them winning.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit:
Again, I can see Benoit going over Austin in his prime, and the believability of it still exist. Benoit obviously is better in ring, so picking him wouldn't be a problem.

Chris Benoit vs. Hulk Hogan:
Road Block. Logic says if I pick Steve Austin to beat Hogan, and Benoit to beat Austin, then I shouldn't have a problem picking Benoit over Hogan, but in reality I have a big problem putting Benoit over the Hulkster. I don't know what it is, but in my mind I can't see it happening, even though Benoit obviously is a far more accomplished in ring competitor.

I guess i do it based on a believabilty factor. I'm the booker and I don't want to alienate the fans that are paying me money. sure I could put Benoit over Hogan and the purest would enjoy it, but as a booker is it smart.

I don't know, just kinda running that by if it made any sense.

Here are the Results for the Boston Region.
Match 1: with 100% of the vote, John Cena takes down Big Vito and moves onto round 2.

Match 2: I'm suprised with this one, but Disco Inferno takes down The Cat Ernest Miller with 66%.

Match 3: A big name goes home unfortunately, but Yokozuna is too much for Barry Windham to handle. Yoko advances with 77% of the vote.

Match 4: Nobody hates wrestling. Owen Hart takes care of Lenny Lane with 100% of the vote.

Match 5: Some people hate the Ultimate Warrior, but not enough to get him eliminated in round 1. Warrior has 97% and takes down Oklahoma.

Match 6: Tracy Smothers fans united, but only enough for 6% of the vote. Kane advances rather easily.

Match 7: In a match sure to stir up controversy and conversation, Dustin Rhodes knocks off Masato Tanaka with 52% of the vote.

Match 8: The blah match of the evening saw Mongo McMichael take down Glenn Osbourne with 66% of the vote.

So here are the round 2 matches made.
John Cena vs. The Disco Inferno
Yokozuna vs. Owen Hart
The Ultimate Warrior vs. Kane
Dustin Rhodes vs. Mongo McMichael

Onto Round #2.
Just another factor for your votes for round 2. Take in mind the percentage of which a person defeated an opponent in an earlier round. There has only been a 2 day break between rounds, so a person with a 100% victory will have a stamina advantage over a person with a 60% victory. Also, look at the person they defeated in the first round, does that person have the mentality to hang out for a couple days to screw over the person that eliminated them.

Well let's get round #2 started up. We'll start where we finished off in round 1. These matches take place in the ECW - Region, Boston, Ma. All Matches take place under extreme rules.

Match 1: John Cena vs. The Disco Inferno
How they got here:
Cena: Defeated Big Vito with 100% of the vote
Inferno: Defeated Ernest Miller with 66% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Cena or Inferno have no allies or enemies in this region.
Rules Advantage: Neither

Match 2: Yokozuna vs. The King of Harts Owen Hart
How they got here:
Yokozuna: Defeated Barry Windham with 77% of the vote.
Hart: Defeated Lenny Lane with 100% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Yoko's major Ally was Owen Hart. The other members of the Hart Foundation are all active and competing in the 2nd round elsewhere. Yokozuna has Mr. Fuji in his corner however.

Match 3: The Ultimate Warrior vs. Kane
How they got Here:
Warrior: Defeated Oklahoma with 97% of the vote
Kane: Defeated Tracy Smothers with 94% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Neither have major enemies in this region.

Match 4: Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Mongo McMichael
How they got here:
Rhodes: Defeated Masato Tanaka with 52% of the vote.
Mongo: Defeated Glenn Osbourne with 66% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Dustin's main partner is Booker T, who is still competing. Most of the 4 horseman are still active, so Mongo will have no help either.

The Bottom half of this card features matches from the WWE Region, Tampa Bay, FL. All matches are conducted under WWE Rules.

Match 5: Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Mick Foley
How they got Here:
Savage: Defeated Shannon Moore with 93% of the vote
Foley: Defeated Nunzio with 100% of the vote.
Outside interference Factor: Savage and DiBiase have never seen eye to eye. Obviously Mick Foley and the Undertaker have had issues and probably wouldn't want to face each other again.

Match 6: The Undertaker vs. Ken Shamrock
How they Got Here.
Undertaker: Defeated Bobby Eaton with 100% of the vote.
Shamrock: Defeated Marty Jannetty with 90% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Undertaker needs to watch out for Foley, because you never know what would happen if Foley loses the first match to Savage, will he take Taker down with him? Shamrocks main ally Bossman was eliminate already as well, who also has a bone to pick with Taker.
The Undertaker defeated Ken Shamrock at Backlash 1999.

Match 7: The Dynamite Kid vs. the Beast from the East Bam Bam Bigelow
How they got here:
Dynamite: Defeated Greg the Hammer Valentine with 60% of the vote.
Bam Bam: Defeated Dr. Death Steve Williams with 93% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Bigelow was once a member of the Million Dollar Corporation.

Match 8: The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase vs. Bad Ass Billy Gunn
How they got Here:
DiBiase: Defeated the Honky Tonk Man with 90% of the vote
Gunn: Defeated Rick Steiner with 69% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: DiBiase will have the always reliable Virgil with him at ringside. Depending on Savage's match, you may have retaliation towards his old nemesis. Also, Bam Bam Bigelow was under the services of DiBiase. Gunn's main ally was eliminated in Atlanta, so it is feasable that the Road Dogg has arrived in Tampa.
Bottomline: Always remember "Everybodies gotta price for the Million Dollar Man"

Round 2 has begun. These matches are closed]​

this 2nd round is going to be tough to call on some matches.
Boston 2nd rd.
1. Cena over Disco
2. Owen takes out Yoko
3. Kane knocks off the Warrior
4. Dustin Rhodes takes out Monogo
5. This one was tough for me but Savage takes out Foley
6. Undertaker over Shamrock
7. Another tough one. Dynamite takes out Bam Bam
8, Dibiase over Billy Gun

Heres my picks:

ECW
John Cena vs. Disco Inferno - John Cena easily wins this one in a squash, FU as disco is dancing followed by STFU.

Yokozuna vs. Owen Hart - Owen Hart, i just think with ECW rules that Owen can use weapons to help himself out and Yokozunas lack of speed will hurt his chances. "I'm not a nugget"

Ultimate Warrior vs. Kane - Ultimate Warrior, i see it very close but in the end i think the warrior will draw energy from all his little warriors and take this one.

Dustin Rhoads vs. Mongo - Mongo, i think in any other region it would be Dustin but ECW rules give the former Horseman the victory.

WWE
Macho Man vs. Mick Foley - Macho Man, by far the best match out of all of these but i just think the Macho Man has the stamina to outlast Mick.

Undertaker vs. Ken Shamrock - Undertaker, not a huge taker fan but i just cant see Shamrock beating him.

Dynamite Kid vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - Bam Bam will win this match with outside interference from the Million Dollar Man.

"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase vs. Billy Gun - Million Dollar Man, in relative ease because "everybodies gotta price for the million dollar man" and that guy is Bam Bam Bigelow.

My picks for round 2.

Match 1: Easily no contest. I despise the air that John Cena breathes, but I can't see Disco Inferno lasting more then five seconds with Cena.

Match 2: Damn this is a tough one. Owen had a relatively easy match against Lenny Lane, where Yokozuna had a somewhat close match against Barry Windham. I think even with ECW Rules Yoko is too much for Owen to handle. Bret had a tough time with Yoko, I just think that Owen has a tough time with him.

Match 3: Talk about an ugly beat em up match up. too big unpretty guys going at it. I'm leaning with Kane, simply because of the Hardcore factor. Warrior fears Taker, so no reason to think that Warrior doesn't fear Kane.

Match 4: I think Dustin can have a nasty streak like his father, and like his father I see him taking down Horsemen.

Match 5: Personally the hardest matchup I've had to decide. I love Mick Foley, but Macho Man is freaking Macho Man. 2 matches in 2 days obviously favors Macho. He's gone the distance in a tournament before, so i'm leaning with him.

Match 6: I just see Taker going Lord Of Darkness and kickign the holy Hell out of Ken Shamrock.

Match 7: Another tough one for me to call. Now i could be wrong, but I just think that with the type of match that Dynamite Had with Valentine, and then having to turn around to face Bam Bam, is too much for one man to handle. Plus you know DiBiase has got his hands all over this match, somehow I see Virgil involved. I'm going with Bam Bam.

Match 8: I think Bam Bam makes his presence felt and assures DiBiase an easy match into round 3.

Match 1: John Cena does not break a sweat and has the easiest path into Round 3 out of anyone else in this thing.

Match 2: Yoko took everything that Windham gave him in the first round and escaped, this time he can't handle another long match, Owen wears out the big man and moves on to Round 3.

Match 3: Kane eats the Warrior alive under the Extreme Rules, just too much for the Warrior to handle.

Match 4: Whoever wins is going to be destroyed by Kane, but I guess I will go with Rhodes cuz I always thought McMichael was a disgrace to the Horsemen.

Match 5: With all the history between Savage and DiBiase, I am going with Foley, DiBiase will have his hands all over this one, Virgil, Bam Bam and even DiBiase himself will do anything they can to get the win for Foley!!

Match 6: The grudge match we have all been waiting for will go down in Round 3, Taker beats the hell out of Shamrock and goes to face Foley in the next round in what will add to their storied feud.

Match 7: Bam Bam overpowers a worn down Dynamite and advances to the next round.

Match 8: Savage tries to cost DiBiase this one but Virgil and Bam Bam on the outside are too much and DiBiase goes past Billy Gunn here to face his client Bam Bam Bigelo in the next round.

Alright, here we go, this is getting exciting! :)

ECW - Region, Boston, Ma.

Match 1: John Cena vs. The Disco Inferno
No reason to even look at what you wrote. Sorry Shock, but you wasted a couple minutes there, lol. Cena with the FU for the win at the 3 second mark.

Match 2: Yokozuna vs. The King of Harts Owen Hart
This one's extremely tough. I think Owen Hart is going to win this one but I'm going to go with Yokozuna based on size, Mr. Fuji, and his career accomplishments.

Match 3: The Ultimate Warrior vs. Kane
I'm going to go with Kane on thise one, but it's another relative toss up. Kane wins this one with a street sign to Warrior's head and a chokeslam though a flaming table ;)

Match 4: Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Mongo McMichael
Easy win for the Gold one. Wow... who would've though Dustin Rhodes in round 3! hehe!

Potential Round 3 matches:
John Cena vs. Yokozuna (I'm really looking forward to this one... pretty much every John Cena PPV match we've ever seen though, lol)
Kane vs. Rhodes (Too bad Goldust's cinderalla trip ends here!)

WWE Region, Tampa Bay, FL.

Match 5: Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Mick Foley
Potential Dream Match here folks. I don't see Taker interfering in this match, but I do see Dibiase interfering. Either way I think Foley takes it in a squeaker. Savage was one of the best but I still think he was a little overrated. Foley's probably one of my favorites ever.

Match 6: The Undertaker vs. Ken Shamrock
Despite a lot of people watching this match closely, Undertaker takes this one easily.

Match 7: The Dynamite Kid vs. the Beast from the East Bam Bam Bigelow
Bam Bam is bigger, meaner, and much fresher than the Kid. He takes this one easy.

Match 8: The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase vs. Bad Ass Billy Gunn
This match is interesting. This is where the outside interference figures in the most I would imagine. Virgil and Bigelow are at ringside for Dibiase, the Road Dogg has flown in to support Billy Gunn. Just for the hell of it Foley and Taker make it to the ring and this match turns into a lumberjack match! hahaha. In the end, the Million Dollar Man takes this one in a very entertaining bout.

Mankind vs. Undertaker (how some people didn't vote to see this one I don't know... this is probably the greatest feud in WWE history and I would DIE to see it again! :) )
Bam Bam vs. Dibiase (this is just a funny turn of events.... Oh I can't wait for this one!)

Blashphemy! Obviously many of you haven't seen Masato Tanaka in action because if you have he would've advanced. DAMN BLASHPHEMY!

Damn, I'll post my picks later I'm off to work, hope this doesn't count as spam, I'll edit my picks into this post later.

*EDIT*

My picks...

The Wrestlezone Tournament - Round 2 - ECW Region - Boston, MA
John Cena vs. Disco Inferno - As said before, Inferno barely makes it past the ten second mark before Cena FU's him through a table. God damnit why is Cena facing all these nobodys and getting a free pass into Round 3? Oh well, he's gone next round no matter who he faces.
Winner: John Cena

Yokozuna vs. Owen Hart - Owen barely broke a sweat in his first match while Yoko had a hard fought battle with Barry Windham. That, combined with my deep admiration of Owen Hart, and the fact that he was probably the best underdog in the history of the business has Owen taking this one. And don't forget people, Owen Hart actually DID beat Yokozuna once back in the mid 90's when their tag team split up. There's sure to be controversy in this one.
Winner: Owen Hart

The Ultimate Warrior vs Kane - A great matchup, just like the one before it, but Kane easily takes this one against the overrated Warrior. They fight a damn hard battle however and take this match into the twenty minute mark.
Winner: Kane

Dustin Rhodes vs. Mongo McMichael - Jesus why is Mongo McMichael in the 2nd round? Jesus christ. Goldust delivers some Shattered Dreams to Mongo and crushes whatever remains of his manhood.
Winner: Dustin Rhodes

WWE Region - Tampa Bay, FL
Randy Savage vs. Mick Foley - Amazing match up that would've been loads better in ECW. I like many before me see the Million Dollar man and his lackeys all over this one. Savage doesn't stand a chance when DiBiase puts a price on his head. Foley wins this to go on and face 'Taker in a match we all wish like hell we could see again.
Winner: Mick Foley

The Undertaker vs. Ken Shamrock - I had a lot tougher time with this one than most probably will, as I've always been a huge Shamrock fan. Maybe it's my Irish blood. He was so underpushed he could've easily been one of the top faces or heels in the game. Also, ridiculious UFC fighter. That being said, 'Taker has the experience here over Shamrock and has beaten him before, so I see 'Taker winning this one in a damn good fight.
Winner: The Undertaker

The Dynamite Kid vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - Although Bam Bam was an ally of DiBiase, I don't think he really gave a shit about him so I don't see him putting his hand in this one. Given the fact that Dynamite just came out of a hard fought battle, the tide is against him, but I can't pick Bam Bam in this one. Maybe if it was ECW, than I'd go with Bam Bam, but because its WWE, the Dynamite Kid takes this one in another hard match up.
Winner: The Dynamite Kid

Ted DiBiase vs. Billy Gunn - A tough as hell matchup. However, after DiBiase screws Savage, I can see Savage returning the favor in this one. Gunn takes it a huge upset.
Winner: Billy Gunn

So we've got Cena vs. Hart (bye Cena) Kane vs. Dustin Rhodes (bye Dustin), Mick Foley vs. Undertaker (Awesome matchup, have no idea who takes this could go either way), and the Dynamite Kid vs. Billy Gunn (bye Billy).

BRING ON THE TOURNAMENT BABY!

Haha, i feel your pain Fear.

I guess I'll justify my picking of Dustin, simply because if Tanaka won, then you could say blashphemy as well. Dustin, my opinion, has been very underused in the business, much like his father.

I love Tanaka, but a lot of matches he was in, he lost. Most of his feuds ended with him on his back. The man can take a nasty chair shot, no doubt, and can move in the ring, but I just thought Dustin is a little better.

Here are todays matchups. The first set of matchups come from Calgary, AL. They take place under WWE Rules.

Match 1: Bret The Hitman Hart vs. The Junk Yard Dog.
How they Got Here.
Hart: Defeated Pat Patterson with 100% of the vote.
JYD: Defeated Bill DeMott with 93% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor. Shouldn't be a factor. All of the Hart Foundation is competing in 2nd round matches.

Match 2: Gregory Helms vs. Marc Mero
How they got ehre:
Helms: Defeated Demolition's Ax with 70% of the vote.
Mero: Defeated David Arquette with 82% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't factor into this match.

Match 3: Kurt Angle vs. Nikoli Volkhoff
How they got here.
Angle: Defeated the Blue Meanie with 96% of the vote.
Volkhoff: Defeated Kid Kash with 62% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: No members of Team Angle are nearby, and the Iron Sheik is still competing.

Match 4: Dean Malenko vs. Ron The Truth Killings.
How they got here.
Malenko: Defeated Stevie Richards with 92% of the vote.
Killings: Defeated Pitbull #1 with 82% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor. Shouldn't be a factor.

Now the bottom half of these matches take place under Extreme Rules. ECW Region, San Antonio.

Match 5: Shawn Michaels vs. Test.
How they got here:
Michaels: Defeated Pete Gas with 100% of the vote.
Test: Defeated the Patriot with 70% of the vote (And then got fired)
Outside Interference Factor: Look for a possible Kliq reunion with Kevin Nash hanging around.

Match 6: Nikita Kolhoff vs. Ron Simmons
How they got Here.
Kolhoff: Defeated Nasty Boy Jerry Sagg's with 55% of the vote.
Simmons: Defeated Pitbull #2 with 92% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor.

Match 7: Big Sexy Kevin Nash vs. The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman
How they got here:
Nash: Defeated CM Punk in a controversial matchup with 55% of the vote.
Pillman: Defeated Jushin Liger with 74% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: It just depends on which HBK shows up to San Antonio.
Rules Advantage: Pillman

Match 8: The Animal Batista vs. Lance Storm
How they Got here.
Batista: Defeated Chuck Palumbo with 70% of the vote.
Storm: Defeated Brian Clark with 100% of the vote.
Outside interference factor: Shouldn't be a factor.
Rules Advantage: Storm

The poll is now closed​

WWE Bracket
Bret Hart vs. Junk Yard Dog - Bret Hart, the Excellence of Execution has a relatively easy time in this one.

Gregory Helms vs. Marc Mero - Marc Mero, i see this having potential as a pretty decent match with some high spots but in the end Mero will win out.

Kurt Angel vs. Nikoli Volkhoff - Kurt Angle, same story as Bret Harts round 2.

Dean Malenko vs. Ron Killings - Dean Malenko, quality round 2 match that i think is actually a good matchup something of the old WCW days. In the end the Texas Clover Leaf will prevail.

ECW
Shawn Michaels vs. Test - HBK, no contest match last less than 5 min and ends with HBK hitting sweet chin music. He wont even need any weapons and i see this as 100% vote for HBK.

Nikita Kolhoff vs. Ron Simmons - Ron Simmons, had a relatively easy 1st round which gives him the stamina factor and will use his strength to win this one.

Kevin Nash vs. Brian Pillman - Nash, i think this match is better than you would think especially with ECW rules cause the Loose Cannon has weapons to slow down ol Diesel but in the end that wont be enough, match ends with a jacknife powerbomb through a table.

Batista vs. Lance Storm - Lance Storm, Can I Be Serious For A Moment, much like the nash/pillman match but i think Lance Storm has the techinical skills to take out big dave in a very close match.

More Round 2 Madness?!

The Wrestlezone Tournament - 2nd Round - WWE Region - Calgary
Bret Hart vs. Junk Yard Dog - Hart has no problem at all with JYD, advancing onto the 3rd round with a quick sharpshooter.
Winner: Bret Hart

Gregory Helms vs. Marc Mero - Quite the bleh match up, though very different styles between the two could lead to some great action. I'm taking the Golden Glove winner Mero in this one over Helms, who still hasn't shown his potential growth.
Winner: Marc Mero

Nikolai Volkoff vs. Kurt Angle - Classic match up, I would pay top dollar to see Nikolai in his prime against Angle. However, even Volkoff in his prime wasn't much of a match against Angle, who is probably the most technically sound wrestler in the world today.
Winner: Kurt Angle

Dean Malenko vs. Ron Killings - Killing's and Malenko are both considered light weights so this would be a great match up. However, Malenko is the vet and he'd take this one after a bit of back and forth action with one of his literally hundreds of submission moves.
Winner: Dean Malenko

ECW Region - San Antonio, TX
Shawn Michaels vs. Test - HBK gives Test the Sweet Chin Music in about a minutes time through a table or two. Maybe he drops the elbow for good measure.
Winner: Shawn Michaels

Nikita Koloff vs. Ron Simmons - Ron Simmons is easily one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time, and one of the first black men to ever hold the World title (NWA and WCW). He never really took off in WWE, but he'd easily handle Koloff in this one with a spinebuster that literally breaks Koloff's spine.
Winner: Ron Simmons

Kevin Nash vs. Brian Pillman - This would be a straight up fantasy orgasm match up. I would've loved to seen this, I'm a huge Pillman mark but I can't honestly put him up over Big Sexy. Nash is truly one of the greatest. Powerbomb through some tables.
Winner: Kevin Nash

Batista vs. Lance Storm - If Batista wins this, I will shave my balls and wear the pubes as a mustache, complete with picture of said mustache as avatar. Storm makes Batista cry with the Boston crab.
Winner: Lance Storm

So some great Round 3 match ups coming up huh,
Bret Hart vs. Marc Mero (Well it was nice while it lasted right Marc?)
Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko (A Technical Wrestler's Wet Dream)
Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons
Kevin Nash vs. Lance Storm

This is just going to get harder and harder man.

Match #1: Bret Hart wins the match before people get into the match.

Match #2: I think that Gregory Helms is a very underappreciated talent and could take down Marc Mero who I always thought only got pushed cuz of Sable, Helms in a squeaker.

Match #3: We are just awaiting the inevitable Angle vs. Hart match in Round 4.

Match #4: Dean Malenko breaks down Killings, "What's UP?" your gone that's whats up Ron. Malenko via the Cloverleaf in a good match of contrasting styles.

Match #5: HBK, no explanation needed. Test is overrated.

Match #6: Ron Simmons, both are kinda blah characters, but Ron is fresher and stronger. Either way they will lose to HBK in the next round, so I just kinda picked one.

Match #7: I went with the Loose Cannon here, HBK comes in with some botched interference and Pillman sneaks away with the win after a long and grueling matchup.

Match #8: Lance Storm, the man with no gimmick doesn't need one to knock off the talentless Batista. Storm wraps a wet paper bag around Batista and laughs at him try to wrestle his way out of it.

Bret Hart vs. JYD: I love JYD, but honestly, Hart has him tapping in a good old Saturday Wrestling Challenge matchup.

Gregory Helms vs. Marvelous Marc Mero: I might be in the minority, but i'm gonna go with helms. Simply put, His Vertebreaker finisher was one of the sickest things in the world when he used it in WCW. I think he's like RVD, he has the shackles put on him, so the large meat heads don't look so bad. I'm going Helms.

Kurt Angle vs. Nikolia Volkhoff. If Angle was ten years sooner or the Cold War was ten years longer this is a dream match. Both are very sound in amateur wrestling, but I see Kurt taking this with relative eaze.

Dean Malenko vs. Ron Killings: I would love to see this matchup myself. Killings has some great moves, but In the end, it will be the Texas Cloverleaf.

Shawn Michaels vs. Test. HBK won't be challenged heading into his round 3 matchup.

Nikita Kolhoff vs. Ron Simmons: If Ron only got the push he deserved in WWE, how things could've been different. Nikita was a big freak, but no one was as nasty as Simmons, just ask Ahmed Johnsons kidney. Simmons takes it.

Kevin Nash vs. Brian Pillman: I'm in the minority, so i'm picking the loose Cannon. He was revolutionary before his time, and plus in ECW, he's just insane. The only problem is if Nash lands a power move, it'll probably knock pillman out. Again, toss up, but the rules favor Pillman.

Batista vs. Lance Storm: Storm is going to wrestle big Dave out of his boots. Storm doesn't need the weapons to tame the Animal.

Hart vs. Helms: Could be a better match then people think.
Angle vs. Malenko: Honestly, could it get any better then that. Yes that is a wet dream.
Shawn Michaels vs. Ron Simmons: Damn!
Brian Pillman vs. Lance Storm: Damn Damn.

WWE Region - Calgary, AL.

Match 1: Bret The Hitman Hart vs. The Junk Yard Dog.
No offense to the late, great, JYD, but Bret Hart. Next.

Match 2: Gregory Helms vs. Marc Mero
People are forgetting Helms is the longest reigning champ in SD history (nevermind he never defended it, lol). I dunno why so many people are voting Mero... anyway, I go with the man who defeated the Rock, The Hurricane!

Match 3: Kurt Angle vs. Nikoli Volkhoff
Angle is amazing and Volkhoff just had a grueling match. Angle takes it in 8 minutes.

Match 4: Dean Malenko vs. Ron The Truth Killings.
This region is relatively easy... Dean Malenko wins it in 4 minutes.

Hitman vs. Helms (looks like a great match up)
Angle vs. Malenko (I can't wait for this one!!)

Anyone else having wet dreams waiting for Bret vs. Kurt? :)

ECW Region, San Antonio.

Match 5: Shawn Michaels vs. Test.
Test brings the chair into the ring with him and HBK superkicks it into his face, then drops the elbow through the table for good measure. HBK in a squash. NEXT.

Match 6: Nikita Kolhoff vs. Ron Simmons
Simmons is fresher and better. Farooq takes it with relative ease. DAMN!

Match 7: Big Sexy Kevin Nash vs. The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman
Pillman has the rules advantage and he knows how to use the rules to his advantage anyway, but I feel like he doesn't have what it takes to compete with Nash's size. Plus you would figure HBK would actually want to face his former buddy in the finals, in the interest of competition. Nash takes this one in a controversial finish with aid from michaels.

Match 8: The Animal Batista vs. Lance Storm
How did 30% of people vote for Palumbo!!? Anyway, Storm is great, but I feel like he's a career underachiever. Batista's a freak of nature (he's 40 years old and in better shape than anyone here will ever be). And for anyone who thinks he can't handle an extreme rules match, go watch his Hell in the Cell match with Triple H. One of my favorite cell matches, and certainly the most extreme cell match in history. I think the rules, the size advantage play in the Big Man's favor and he should take this one, but barely. Like I said Storm is great but I don't think he can hang with the big boys, and Batista's just a beast.

Potential Round 3 matches
HBK vs. Simmons (Awkward match but HBK could make it work)
Nash vs. Batista (another dream match IMO, extreme rules would make this one amazing to watch).

Another wet dream match potentially here with HBK vs. Nash :):)

Man i love the idea for this tournament and i swear to god i hope Batista wins this thing if he is not allready out

Batista's still in! Get in there in vote! We might be his only chance at staying in this thing!

Shockmaster, I have mentioned several times how much I love this touranment. I do have something to disagree with you about. You stated to Fear that Dusty Rhodes was underused. Dusty got more title shots in the 80's then most people get in 25 years of wrestling. Dusty had the unfortunate luck of being around at the same time as Harley Race and the greatest of all time Ric Flair. You mentioned in one post about Dustin taking down a horsemen like his dad did. Dusty held his own against the horsemen. However look at the title reigns of all the horsemen they had, they held on to titles not just won them for a month or so.
As far as the calagary bracket, I loved the JYD but Hart is to techinal sound for him. Helms and Angle win easily. Killings is a pretty good wrestler but I beg people to watch some old Malenko matches, he has to much talent for Killings to handle. Shawn Michaels, Big Sexy, and Bastisa win easily. The best match of this round I think is Koloff and Simmons. I think Simmons was a great talent, but as with Malenko watch old school Koloff, he was great I may not be popular with this one, but both Ron's should go home this round.

Actually Tarp, Shockmaster made that comment to me about Dusty's son, Dustin Rhodes. lol, Obviously Dusty got plenty of title shots, dudes a full up legend. But yeah, Dustin was underused. IT'S STILL DAMN BLASHPHEMY THAT HE BEAT MASATO TANAKA THOUGH!

As for the people before me who voted for Batista and the one guy who said Batista wins this tournament, are you effing insane? Batista is without a doubt one of the biggest wastes of air to ever enter the WWE. The guy deserves not one thing they've given him. Maybe I'd be easier on him if he was able to ever wrestle a decent match, and I've seen his Hell in a Cell. Triple H carried his ass all through it, and most extreme? Nah man, you gotta go with Mick Foley's matchs in the HIAC on that one.

Honestly, if Batista passes this round I might just not be able to get any sleep.

First Results are in for round 2.

ECW Region - Boston, MA.

Match 1: The John Cena haters have arrived, but not enough to get the Disco Inferno into the Third Round. John Cena advanced by getting 89% of the vote.

Match 2: A battle of former tag team champions went back and forth early, but Owen Hart is too much for the big man, as he pulls away from Yokozuna and gets the big man to tap in the Sharpshooter. Owen receives 61%.

Match 3: In a battle of raw power, the Big Red Machine takes down the Warrior in what could be an upset. Kane destroys the Warrior with 89% of the vote.

Match 4: A man that was lucky to get out of the first round has now found himself going to Philadelphia. Dustin Rhodes knocks out the former "horsemen" Mongo McMichael and advance with 87%.

Now heading south. We go to the WWE Region Tampa Bay.

Match 5: The first host seed has been eliminated. Again, it looked like a land slide early, but Mick Foley comes back and then some. Was outside interference a factor? Foley heads to MSG with 69% of the vote.

Match 6: The deadman gets medieval on Ken Shamrocks ass. The Undertaker advances with ease as he gets 92% of the vote.

Match 7: This is one where after thinking about it, I wish I had my vote back. Bam Bam Bigelow takes down the Dynamite Kid in a very close matchup. This one also went back and forth with leads changing till the last seconds. Bam Bam advancess with 53%.

Match 8: With plenty of protection at his side, Ted DiBiase embarrasses Billy Gunn. The Million Dollar Man moves on with 84% of the vote.

Now this is where I will need opinions on match types guys, so let me here them.
Round 3 Matches
ECW Arena, Philadelphia
John Cena vs. The King of Harts Owen Hart (Cena selects the match type)
The Big Red Machine Kane vs. Dustin Rhodes (Rhodes selects the match type)

MSG, NYC
Mick Foley vs. the Undertaker (The Undertaker selects the match type)
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ted DiBiase (Bam Bam selects the match type)

Now onto today.
The top half of the matches take place in Charlotte, NC. In the WCW Region the entrance ramp is level with the ring.

Match 1: The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy
How they got here:
Flair: Defeated Eric Bischoff with 100% of the vote.
Kennedy: Defeated the Godfather with 93% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor in this matchup

Match 2: Sean Waltman vs. Mike Awesome
How they got here:
Waltman: Defeated the Road Dogg with 79% of the vote.
Awesome: Defeated Primetime Brian Lee with 96% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Did Road Dogg get on that plane to Tampa Bay?

Match 3: Chris Jericho vs. D'Lo Brown
How they got Here:
Jericho: Defeated Buff Bagwell with 100% of the vote.
Brown: Defeated Savio Vega with 68% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shoudn't be a factor.

Match 4: Jimmy Superfly Snuka vs. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff
How they got here:
Snuka: Defeated Dan the Beast Severn with 100% of the vote.
Orndorff: Defeated the One Man Gang with 62% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Should Not be a factor

We head to Pittsburgh, PA for the other half of today's matches. All matches take place under Extreme Rules.
Match 5: The Franchise Shane Douglas vs. Chris Kanyon
How they got here:
Douglas: Defeated Haku with 90% of the vote.
Kanyon: Defeated JT Smith with 86% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't be a factor
Rules Advantage: The Franchise

Match 6: The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. Essa Rios
How they Got Here:
Daniels: Defeated Charlie Haas with 80% of the vote
Rios: Defeated the Might Gillberg with 73% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't Factor in.
Rules Advantage: Even

Match 7: The Human Suplex Machine Taz vs. Cowboy Bob Orton
How they got here:
Taz: Defeated Bubba Ray Dudley with 86% of the vote.
Orton: Defeated the "ECW" Champion Bobby Lashley with 55% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Since Douglas wrestles first, I'm sure he doesn't want to see Taz advance to Philly.
Rules Advantage: Taz

Match 8: Rhino vs. Jerry Lynn
How they got here:
Rhino: Defeated Rick Martel with 86% of the vote.
Lynn: Defeated Brad Armstron with 93% of the vote.
Outside Interference Factor: Shouldn't factor in.
Rules Advantage: Even.

The poll is now closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back