The NEW Ask a Forum Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It generally takes a little while after this, if after an hour you still have no luck then give us a shout

Hey I would like to make a spoiler for my sigs, but it says I have too many lines, even though I've seen members with a lot more in spoiler tags than I have, am I missing a secret step or something?

Matt, I believe it has to do with the amount of characters in your sig OUTSIDE of the vB code. You may have to kill one of the poster quotes that you have in there...

Sometimes I see posts where the person's name is unclickable and the vcash says n/a. What does this mean?

Quick question. I don't know if there was a rule change that I missed but is there any reason why I can't post in the Games Room in the Bar Room? If so, what do I need to do to fix this problem.

Thanks for your time.

when posting a new thread i pressed enter twice, thinking that it didn't work the first time, and it instead posted the thread twice. how do i delete the one of the two threads.

When I click on the edit signature link on my cp, the sig and text appear just how I want them but when I check my previous posts there is no sig.

What am I doing wrong?

When I click on the edit signature link on my cp, the sig and text appear just how I want them but when I check my previous posts there is no sig.

What am I doing wrong?

Click edit on your previous posts & look down you'll see Miscellaneous Options, click on show your signature, then save changes

When I go on my User CP, what does the gray-ish blue rep mean? Because I've had a few of those, and when can I post my own thread?

I think I can answer this one if that's ok. The gray rep is from people with 0 rep power, it neither increases or decreases your rep. You have 123 posts Jon. You can already post your own threads, you only needed 10 posts.

I had a post moved to the span section then deleted. It was a good question that hadn't appeared in a month, was fully explained and i was given no explination towards why it was moved to the spam section, then deleted. Should i have been sent a message telling me why it was deleted?

Would linking to a site that had flash games be considered advertising if it's in a spam friendly section?

Forum Rules said:
G. Advertising: Since some people have decided to abuse the Advertising system here at WrestleZone Forums, from now on ALL advertising is banned. This means Signature Advertising is no longer allowed. All discussions forums, or wrestling site links (unless linking to sources of news stories) are not allowed on this Forum. Putting advertising in your Signature may result in an Infraction and the advertisement being removed. If it is put back, you may be automatically banned. This new rule also includes banners with web addresses in them, or anything else that could be interpreted as advertising. Blatantly breaking this rule will result in a permanent ban.
The boded section is what I am asking for clarification on. I wouldn't consider a site that has flash games, or, for example, a site that asks you to do random tasks a discussion forum or wrestling site. So I would like some clarification as to what constitutes advertising under this criteria.

Would linking to a site that had flash games be considered advertising if it's in a spam friendly section?

The boded section is what I am asking for clarification on. I wouldn't consider a site that has flash games, or, for example, a site that asks you to do random tasks a discussion forum or wrestling site. So I would like some clarification as to what constitutes advertising under this criteria.

The bolded section is a clause, not the rule. It is an example of some things which aren't not allowed, not the entire disallowed list.

A site which encourages prolonged absence from our forums I consider advertising.

The bolded section is a clause, not the rule. It is an example of some things which aren't not allowed, not the entire disallowed list.

A site which encourages prolonged absence from our forums I consider advertising.
Thanks. Maybe that should be added to the rules, just so people know that pretty much anything linked is considered advertising, since I wouldn't have made a link if I knew that pretty much anything linked would be considered advertising.

Thanks. Maybe that should be added to the rules, just so people know that pretty much anything linked is considered advertising, since I wouldn't have made a link if I knew that pretty much anything linked would be considered advertising.
Or, they could just read the first line.

Since some people have decided to abuse the Advertising system here at WrestleZone Forums, from now on ALL advertising is banned.
Seems rather simple to me.

Linking to a site and advertising aren't the same thing to a majority of the population. Just trying to help out the site and all.

When you link to a site and the site's got activities such as games, which we offer, then you're helping that site get hits. Our rules are clear on advertising and posting links to other sites. Don't do it. And read our rules. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back