The Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with It's Damn Real! about this.

-Sometimes I've seen people infracted for spoilers, rightfully so,
-Other times I've seen some double-standards where thread topics have just been edited to alert people that there are spoilers.

Whilst the latter is a great way to stop people from reading spoilers if they don't want to, I'm in disagreement about both ways being used for random different cases.

I got a week's ban for posting a spoiler revealing that The Great Khali and Ranjin Singh were brothers (probably the worst spoiler in the world actually haha) a while back, not realising it was yet to air in some country besides the UK/USA. The thread was deleted. I think the ban was the right thing definitely. I'm just wondering why this doesn't always happen to everybody? Does it depend upon the mod/admin's point of view, who spots it first, etc?

Not really a full complaint as such, more an enquiry with the thought that there should be a definite decision on whether people always get infractions for spoilers or not. Furthermore, do the threads get deleted?

Well you don't know if somneone's been infracted for it do you? In this case there have been two threads posted with spoilers (which in turn has pissed me off as it spoiled impact for me). Both received infractions for this and one thread was deleted and another edited.

OK, so I'm not crazy then – posting spoilers is an infractable offense. Glad to see that hasn't changed. My only question then, is in the event a thread is posted that contains a spoiler, but isn't just a thread about spoilers, is there a way to perhaps add in a warning in the thread title that the thread may contain a spoiler –*or are simply all spoilers warned/infracted for?

Thank you, Lee.

We have spoiler tags for that matter, for example:

OMGZ IT WAS HORNSWOGGLZ

If they're not used they'll be added and the poster warned/infracted.

Gotcha. That works for me. That's really all I was asking for – a way to still allow for the actual post or thread to exist despite the spoiler, in a way where the spoiler can still add to the list if anyone wants to view it, but not take away from the thread discussion otherwise.

Appreciate the input, Lee.

I guess my only other question then is if a thread is started on spoilers like the SPOILERS REGARDING IMPACT TAPINGS thread currently in the TNA section, and the author is infracted for posting a spoiler (not sure if he/she actually was or not), does the thread still get left to exist despite the fact that it still contains clear and present spoilers?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could look into something for me.

It seems that I cannot post in any of the vbookies at all. I know that it is not an issue of vcash because I have 100 remaining but I cannot even bet on open books. It gives me this message in every single one:

You may not bet on this event. You have placed 0 bet(s) on this Event.

Thank you, guys.

I clicked on quite a few of them, KB. It still said the exact same thing across all of the subforums on the Bookies. Is there a specific thread you want me to try? If so, could you give me a link?

Thanks for your help.

You have more than one account, thus this is an 'alternate account'. You signed up 2 accounts within a few minutes, however it was decided this must have been a mistake, therefore the ban was lifted.

You have more than one account, thus this is an 'alternate account'. You signed up 2 accounts within a few minutes, however it was decided this must have been a mistake, therefore the ban was lifted.

By "The ban was lifted" you mean "left completely in place"? I can still see it there, with a lift date of "never". I haven't been back here but once in almost four years, apologies if I can't remember the name of which account I posted under - and just checked one email address. I'm sure the other account has either zero posts, or one post.

zerö;1830151 said:
I would berate you for how ridiculous this post is, but I'm afraid your simple brain wouldn't comprehend the insults. Move along.

Lol, move along? If the ban had not been lifted, you wouldn't be able to post on the forum.

You made 2 accounts on December 7th 2009; this one and 'Z3R0'. You therefore got an 'alternate account' infraction which results in a ban. An admin decided the 2 accounts were probably a mistake, and lifted the ban, allowing you to post freely with this account. What's the problem?

Lol, move along? If the ban had not been lifted, you wouldn't be able to post on the forum.

You made 2 accounts on December 7th 2009; this one and 'Z3R0'. You therefore got an 'alternate account' infraction which results in a ban. An admin decided the 2 accounts were probably a mistake, and lifted the ban, allowing you to post freely with this account. What's the problem?

Possibly that you banned one account without noticing or asking which was the preferred account, or the reasoning behind the fact that two were created instead of one? What makes you assume I wish to use this account rather than the one that was permanently banned?

Trying to preach rules to me is quite immature when you're unaware of the fact that I helped write the original list for this board.

zerö;1830177 said:
Possibly that you banned one account without noticing or asking which was the preferred account, or the reasoning behind the fact that two were created instead of one? What makes you assume I wish to use this account rather than the one that was permanently banned?

Sadly, you don't get to decide. That's the problem when you make 2 accounts on the forum and are then rude to the moderators.

Trying to preach rules to me is quite immature when you're unaware of the fact that I helped write the original list for this board.

I'm well aware of your history on the forum. However, if you read the rules you'll see they've changed quite dramatically, therefore what you did years ago means nothing now.

Kinda a shame in some ways though. Cause you could have turned this into quite the Jeff Jarrett - TNA angle.

A former source of power having to start from the bottom again with a newer reigime. With him starting in prison with a changed name (Even better, don't allow him to have a sig or avatar either). Then allowing him to have a signature and avatar. Then letting him out of prison with his own name... and then just sack the rest of the storyline, ban him and completely fuck him over haha.

EDIT: Just noticed other spammish posts have been deleted. Please can I not be infracted for this. Thanks. I'm awfully sorry. Got carried away in a mark mode.

If you have anything you'd like to say to me, I'm all ears, except this will be the only post on this account before it is deleted/banned/whatever Lee thinks will make him feel better. If you knew a thing about me, you'd know I stepped down from power voluntarily.

Feel free to locate me elsewhere if you'd like to say anything like this to me directly.

Lee has broken a WZ rule in banning me a second time (alternate accounts with activity less than 3 months, etc).

zero was an alt account of z3ro which had been banned the week before, that's not three months.

zero was an alt account of z3ro which had been banned the week before, that's not three months.

Oh lee, you just banned me for reason: "CUNT" yet you still chose to respond to me?
Please ban this one under something more creative.

Being banned one week ago is not grounds for banning a second account, if you read the rules (I assume you can read?) you'll see you should be checking for posts on the account. When was the last time I posted under "z3ro"?

I sent a message to Sly asking him to discuss your immaturity with me, hopefully he responds.

-Z

It was TM who banned you last time, I would never ban someone saying simply Cunt, I was actually midway replying to your PM when you were banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back