RAW LD remix ft. Timbaland

Well, I didn't see it. I lost my cable for a split second, and I simply had to guess what happened. I don't think Sheamus would actually do something like throw the ref down. At least intentionally.
Clearly it was just a way to prolong the feud, probably until the Rumble, which is when I see Cena winning it back.

His credibility maybe? He's beaten who again? The Miz? Cryme Tyme? Cody Rhodes? How the fuck is Kofi deserving of a main event spot right now Doc? He's average in the ring, pretty good on the mic, but overall no he is NOWHERE near being ready to hold a world title Doc. He's not even a credible main eventer yet.
Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, six-men at a time, and he's looked gold during these feuds and matches. He's more ready than many of the young guys on the roster, and better than Morrison in terms of ring and mic skills. He's better than Sheamus (I wasn't calling for him to get a world title by any means, just saying I'd buy it because of the pre-TLC booking) and I'm a mark for him anyway so that influences my opinion.

You guys are so impatient. I remember the days when guys like Rock and Triple H had to wait YEARS to get their hands on even an IC title, now you guys are calling for Miz and Sheamus and Kofi to be main eventers in half of that time. You need to give things time to build.
True, however, aren't you one who complains about stale main event scenes? I would think interjecting a hot, fresh face into it would be right up your alley.

Because I am the WWE Forum Mod. Are you really that fucking clueless?

You don't have to be a moderator and talk about something you don't like do you? You could leave the forum, post in the old school section, do whatever you wanted, but instead you decide to watch something you don't like to complain about it.

I could go on a cricket forum my friend has, and be a mod there, but what's the point if I don't like cricket.

But hey, at least you've got a meaningless position on an internet forum to keep you warm at night, huh? How self important are you?
Yeah, it's part of the job to have material to talk about during the week.

You don't need to watch Raw to add unecessary comments to people's thread and cry about managers, heel commentators, entrances and tag teams.

Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, six-men at a time, and he's looked gold during these feuds and matches.

He really hasn't looked like "gold", but okay. I don't recall him getting a clean win over Jericho or Orton, but that's still only two guys, one of whom has been used as a jobber to the stars for over a year now.

Do you ACTUALLY think the fans would take Kofi Kingston seriously as a WORLD Champion? Because I don't, not for a second. They aren't buying Sheamus and they wouldn't buy Kofi either, because like Sheamus, he's nowhere near ready for the main event. His promo skills are still vastly unproven, his in-ring work is only good when he's wrestling someone with a similar style, he's just not ready. At all.

He's more ready than many of the young guys on the roster, and better than Morrison in terms of ring and mic skills.

In the ring? No he's not, not even close. Morrison is far, far better than Kofi in the ring. Kofi hasn't had a single match this year even half as good as Morrison's IC title win over Mysterio.

True, however, aren't you one who complains about stale main event scenes? I would think interjecting a hot, fresh face into it would be right up your alley.

How would interjecting Kofi Kingston into the main event scene of Raw right now be a good idea? You realize that would make the main event premier feud on Raw Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus, right? A month ago that could have been an ECW main event Doc. These kids are NOT ready, just because something is stale doesn't mean I'll take anyone in the main event. There are a few guys I'd like to see get a main event push before Kofi right now, mainly Christian and Punk. Shit I'd rather see R-Truth main eventing on Smackdown than Kofi main eventing on Raw.

But hey, at least you've got a meaningless position on an internet forum to keep you warm at night, huh? How self important are you?

You don't need to watch Raw to add unecessary comments to people's thread and cry about managers, heel commentators, entrances and tag teams.

LOL. When did I claim I had a life-important position, Tastycles? I enjoy talking wrestling. Yes, I like Old School Wrestling better. But yes, I enjoy talking about what is wrong about Today's wrestling and what was better about wrestling of year's past.

That is what I enjoy doing. That and educating fans who may not have seen the past years, from the point of view from someone who lived through all of it. And it is considered an honor ... at least I think it is, to be considered good enough out of all the other posters, to be considered and actually offered the position.

I find it amusing that you complain about my complaining. Go find something else to do and take your own advice.

I don't see how anyone WOULDN'T take pride in helping maintain a forum that's trafficked by so many wrestling fans. It should be sort of an honor to be one.

He really hasn't looked like "gold", but okay. I don't recall him getting a clean win over Jericho or Orton, but that's still only two guys, one of whom has been used as a jobber to the stars for over a year now.

Well, maybe it's my markiness and the fact that I have a different view of in-ring happening, but to my eyes, he has looked excellent. Everyone in here was marking for Kofi during the car segment with Orton. His first match with Orton was great. The build-up was great. Kofi looked great in my opinion, even in the PPV match where he lost.

Do you ACTUALLY think the fans would take Kofi Kingston seriously as a WORLD Champion?
Absolutely, reasons below.

Because I don't, not for a second.
You don't count.

They aren't buying Sheamus and they wouldn't buy Kofi either, because like Sheamus, he's nowhere near ready for the main event.
Unlike Sheamus, Kofi has won all the midcard titles. Unlike Sheamus, Kofi has had promos and notable feuds. Unlike Sheamus, Kofi has been getting a strong reaction, week in and week out. And unlike Sheamus, Kofi has been booked to look strong, going through insurmountable odds with the multi-man matches a feud with Orton, while Sheamus has just looked like some guy who has just gotten lucky.

His promo skills are still vastly unproven,
Not...really... The car promo was good, hell his promo before facing MVP, back before he had dropped the accent was an extremely good one. Every time he has been on the mic, he has done well for himself. I'm not saying he's oh so super fantastic, but dammit he is not horrible and has proven himself enough in my eyes.

His in-ring work is only good when he's wrestling someone with a similar style,
Because Orton, The Big Show, and Evan Bourne all have the exact same style, right? :rolleyes:

In the ring? No he's not, not even close. Morrison is far, far better than Kofi in the ring.
Now, I'm a Morrison fan, but...really? Morrison is awesome, and flashy, but Kofi delivers the flash AND the technical stuff. He's well-rounded and quite good.

Kofi hasn't had a single match this year even half as good as Morrison's IC title win over Mysterio.
Morrison was facing veteran and fellow flash-deliverer Rey Mysterio. When you get those two together, of course there was going to be a lot of HSQ and coolness. Kofi has faced...The Big Show. And several people at the same time. It's comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.

How would interjecting Kofi Kingston into the main event scene of Raw right now be a good idea?
It would liven things up. Make it new and fresh and unpredictable.

You realize that would make the main event premier feud on Raw Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus, right?
I'd love that. Seriously.

A month ago that could have been an ECW main event Doc.
No, absolutely not. Kofi has grown bigger than ECW. He has won all midcard titles save the ECW Championship and you're just exaggerating here. Sheamus should be on ECW though.

These kids are NOT ready, just because something is stale doesn't mean I'll take anyone in the main event.
So...stop complaining. I hate sayin this, but why complain if you don't want change?

There are a few guys I'd like to see get a main event push before Kofi right now, mainly Christian and Punk.
I agree here. However, Punk is on SD and Christian is the current ECW champ. If he had lost to Shelton I could definitely have seen him winning the Rumble as he's the strongest champ the WWE has right now, bar none. Punk is long deserving of a true main event push but he's on a different brand. I don't particularly want him on RAW, because I fear he'll get pushed down.

Shit I'd rather see R-Truth main eventing on Smackdown than Kofi main eventing on Raw.
Apples and oranges. Different brands. I'd love to see Truth main eventing, but that's another discussion. Are you saying that the wrestlers look weaker on SD than on RAW? Does that not make Kofi's victories more impactful?

Random Raw Thoughts:

This was a decent recovery from the utter crapfest Raw has been the last 2 weeks.
While the matches left plenty to be desired, the build-up for next week had a good focus and made the show seem somewhat serious again; and yes, I know I'm saying this when tonight's programming included a midget taped to a skateboard.
Raw had gotten so bad, that's actually a step-up from last week.

1.) I know Sheamus came off looking strong in the final segment ( despite the lame finish), and actually got some heat from the crowd tonight, but I'm still not into him as champ. I wonder how much longer the title will stay on him considering we're officially on our way to 'Wrestlemania'?

2.) Good to see their not abandoning the Kofi/Orton feud, which was one of the silver linings of Raw as of late. The talk of breaking up Legacy came off as as swerve just to give them a storyline sans titles, but now it looks like it's ultimately heading into Ted/Orton, which leads me to wonder what will happen with Kofi when this feud ends.

3.) The promo with Vince and Shawn did what it needed to do in hyping Bret ( though I could have done without the swerves, we KNOW he's coming after all).
The crowd chanting 'WHAT' was kinda buzzkill too, it's been immature for years ( but alas, there's kiddies in the crowd).
I'm curious to see how this all plays out considering the variables involved, but I'm sensing HBK vs The Undertaker with special guest ref Bret Hart.
It allows the rematch to logically happen with Bret being an important figure, but protects him from having to wrestle. The implications of a screwjob ( or the swerve of HBK actually breaking the streak) would definitely create some intrigue. Hopefully the WWE doesn't blow it cause this should be a great storyline.

4.)
I think HHH pretty much telegraphed that JeriShow are going to win the titles back next week with the proclamation of 'You'll be gone FOREVER' stuff with Chris.
If the WWE creative team wanted to keep Jericho on Raw, they would have been done with it when they lost the titles.
But Chris Jericho just seems to valuable and entertaining to regulate to one show ( sorry Sidious, but it's true ).
The tag team match next week is pretty much begging for a screwy finish to keep Jericho on Raw.
Hmmm, I wonder who's available next week to orchestrate such a plot against Shawn Micheals and HHH...
That would be pretty cool.

BTW, I know this is a Raw thread and WWE smarks abound, but I think anyone marking about The Hitman's return owes TNA some thanks.
Rationalize all you want, but Bret Hart suddenly appearing on Raw next week is without a doubt a reaction to the TNA Impact special.

I know Bret and Vince have been in half-ass reconcile mode for a few years now, but think about it.
They usually try to have guest host appear in cities their affiliated with on some level.
Bret Hart is going to re-debut on Raw after 12 years...in Ohio.
I seriously doubt the WWE would have Hart re-debuting on Raw in anywhere but Canada without the TNA special happening.
Like Hogan or not, there's an assumption that he will draw SOME casual attention and that the WWE seems interesting in not losing that night.
Of course TNA is going to get beat in the ratings. The WWE has the benefit of having the pro wrestling audience to themselves on Mondays for almost a decade now.
But the point is really for TNA to put themselves out there and let the causal wrestling community know that they exist.
Any that's a good thing.

The people in this thread bragging about how the WWE is going to destroy TNA like that's a good thing need to wake up and realize that TNA being competitive is what the pro wrestling industry need to happen as a whole.
Vince usually gets the most creative when he's being chased or getting his ass kicked in the ratings, so unless you think Raw has been quality programming lately, I'd suggest you give TNA a shot.

Well, maybe it's my markiness and the fact that I have a different view of in-ring happening, but to my eyes, he has looked excellent. Everyone in here was marking for Kofi during the car segment with Orton. His first match with Orton was great. The build-up was great. Kofi looked great in my opinion, even in the PPV match where he lost.

This is again proving my point here. I must just have higher standards than alot of you because his match with Orton was average, nothing great. Maybe around 3 out of 5 stars. Average. The build-up was good, but the match was nothing special. The only memorable thing he's done so far is wreck Orton's car. I mean like, literally in his entire career, that's the only thing he's done that's really memorable. He had an agonizingly boring title reign as US Champ, and he's started a feud with Orton. That's too fucking soon to be giving the man THE ROYAL RUMBLE win Doc.

Unlike Sheamus, Kofi has won all the midcard titles.

Yep, and not a single one of them was very memorable apart from his US title reign, and that was only memorable because of it's length.

Unlike Sheamus, Kofi has had promos and notable feuds.

He has? He's had a pretty damn good promo the night he destroyed Orton's car, and his feud with Orton all around has been refreshing and I've enjoyed it, but what feuds or other promos has he had that have been memorable? Did he even have a single feud when he held the US Title? It seemed like he just faced random opponent after random opponent.

Unlike Sheamus, Kofi has been getting a strong reaction, week in and week out.

So do Evan Bourne and Hornswoggle.

And unlike Sheamus, Kofi has been booked to look strong, going through insurmountable odds with the multi-man matches a feud with Orton, while Sheamus has just looked like some guy who has just gotten lucky.

That's all nice and dandy that he's looked better than Sheamus, but that doesn't mean he's looked good enough to win the Royal Rumble Doc. Look at the names of the winners of the Rumbles, it's a whos-who of wrestling legends. And you think Kofi Kingston is suitable to win that spot and go on to Wrestlemania? You're telling me Kofi can be put up there with the Hogans, Austins, HBKs, and Undertakers? Hell no.

Not...really... The car promo was good, hell his promo before facing MVP, back before he had dropped the accent was an extremely good one. Every time he has been on the mic, he has done well for himself. I'm not saying he's oh so super fantastic, but dammit he is not horrible and has proven himself enough in my eyes.

Yeah he's not bad on the mic at all now that he's dropped the accent, and he did cut a good promo the night with the car. But he hasn't really done much on the mic since then. Certainly not enough to be able to call him "excellent" on the mic.

Because Orton, The Big Show, and Evan Bourne all have the exact same style, right? :rolleyes:

His matches with the Big Show were shit. His matches with Orton have been good, and he had a decent match with Bourne, but the only time Kofi really shines is when he's facing someone with a similar high-flying style, like Bourne.

Now, I'm a Morrison fan, but...really? Morrison is awesome, and flashy, but Kofi delivers the flash AND the technical stuff. He's well-rounded and quite good.

:lmao:

The technical stuff? Are you joking? Please show me the technical prowess of Kofi Kingston. That seriously had me laughing out loud for a second there.

Morrison was facing veteran and fellow flash-deliverer Rey Mysterio. When you get those two together, of course there was going to be a lot of HSQ and coolness. Kofi has faced...The Big Show. And several people at the same time. It's comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.

No, it's comparing a great match (Morrison vs. Mysterio for the IC title) against a slew of average matches that Kofi has had this year.

It would liven things up. Make it new and fresh and unpredictable.

And it would fail. Seriously now Doc, you're seriously telling me that having a Kofi vs. Sheamus feud main eventing Raw is a good idea? Sheamus and Kofi Kingston fighting over the #1 Title on the #1 show?

No. Just no man. They are nowhere near ready, neither of them. Kofi is atleast a year away. John Morrison is far more deserving to enter the main event scene than Kofi is.

I'd love that. Seriously.

And you'd be the only one. That's why ECW struggles to get a 1.0.

No, absolutely not. Kofi has grown bigger than ECW. He has won all midcard titles save the ECW Championship and you're just exaggerating here. Sheamus should be on ECW though.

How has Kofi grown bigger than ECW? If Chris Jericho and Kane can be on ECW, Kofi sure as fuck can.

So...stop complaining. I hate sayin this, but why complain if you don't want change?

When did I say I didn't want change? Never. I want a change to something that's actually GOOD Doc.

Let's get back to the main point here though---that you think Kofi Kingston is ready to win the Royal Rumble. Which is kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

RAW last night was good from what I saw. The Bret Hart video package was awesome, and the Jericho-Show segment outside the arena was gold. i actually chuckled at the dx hornswoggle segment, or maybe it was just because i was so damn excited for the vince segment about bret hart. i was right to be, because it was fucking epic.

i dont really post on these forums but i always look through the LD! and my word, lord sidious bitches about fuckin' everything. it really needs to fuckin stop, it's annoying as shit. he has the right to his own opinion but he seems hell bent on hating everything. quit trying to be such a hardass with all your "i tell it like it is" bullshit like you're supposed to be some sort of real life stone cold steve austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back