• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For August is Shocked That They Have Computers in Brazil

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar
8/6 - UFC 133 - Evans vs. Ortiz II
8/12 - Strikeforce Challengers - Gurgel vs. Duarte
8/14 - UFC Live on Versus: Hardy vs. Lytle
8/20 - Bellator 48 - Curran vs. Sandro and Konrad vs. Buentello
8/27 - Pro Elite - Featuring Arlovski vs. a Kickboxer (a dangerous proposition!) and Kendall Grove vs. Joe Riggs
8/27 - UFC 134 - Silva vs. Okami

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy:
  • Fedor is done. The stoppage was justified, leave Herb Dean alone.
  • The UFC is clearly fucking with Jon Fitch.
  • Chael Sonnen is Public Enemy #1 in Brazil. He will corner Okami in Rio.
  • Tito Ortiz may be #1 contender if he beats Rashad Evans.
  • Nate Marquardt signed with BAMMA. No, they do not drug test.
  • Overeem got released from Strikeforce. I think he'll wind up in the UFC by the end of the month.
  • Dominick Cruz will fight Demitrious Johnson on free TV for the Bantamweight Title in October.
  • The month of October will have four title fights.

could they overturn it to NC henderson rocked him yes, but he also hit him twice in the back of the head after the shot, Fedor was recovered and defending immediatey after the stoppage. I think the stoppage was a bit early, i mean in such a big fight like this I don't see why Herb couldn't wait like 3 seconds more.
Discuss.

PS: I'M NOT A BIG FEDOR FAN

Cause i like Fedor, and liked him since i am following mma.
Cause i belevied in him, in his way of thinking, in his training.
Cause i thaught that the best way to be accepted and win is to be yourself
Cause helping your familly and friends is above anything else.

And because i think that like anyone who is questioning himself you should have come back to the orign and changed everything,
Fuck
You did what you thought was right, bur whatever happend, im still going to beleive in You.

il04CG.gif

2.gif

Look at Kongo when he gets dropped to his knees, he's just as out as Fedor was. Then, a second later he's defending himself, just as Fedor was starting to do in the Hendo fight, gets knocked out AGAIN, and is still given a fair shot to recover.

It was an early stoppage, period. And I guarantee if it were Brock Lesnar at the end of Hendo's flurry, he would have been given the benefit of the doubt, just as he was against Carwin and Velasquez (I could post gifs of those fights if you'd like as well, plus more with similar circumstances).

But I'm not calling for Herb Dean's head. I agree it's stupid to want a man fired for one mistake, because outside of last night, Herb's been a pretty damn good ref. Plus, even though I was pissed, I must admit when I saw some ****** post this earlier today, I laughed.

vegasherb37.jpg

JMT, it wasn't the worst by far and he probably could have been given more time, but what happened happened. It wasn't a terrible call and it wasn't a good call. Could he have continued? Yea, but he also could have been hit clean 10 more times by one of the most powerful punchers in the sport. I'm going with a decent stopage.

I know it wasn't the worst stoppage ever or anything like that... but it was an early stoppage. I don't know how anyone could ever dispute that, especially when you look at fights in the past (such as Kongo vs. Barry, which just happened a few weeks ago)

I think my biggest problem is consistency. Refs and judging in MMA have the worst consistency in all of sports, and it pisses me off.

Anyways, fuck it... what's next for Hendo? To the UFC? If so, should he fight someone like Machida, or should he get the winner of Jon Jones/Rampage Jackson? Or should Hendo stay in Strikeforce and fight someone like Mousasi next?

I say stay in Strikeforce. He hasn't even defended the belt yet and if they want to keep SF running for a few years like Lorenzo Fertitta said, they need to add some sort of legitimacy to the belts. I also heard they wanted to send a few fairly big names over to SF to help it's ratings and getting rid of Hendo would do the opposite. I say Hendo should stay in SF for a while not just because I feel he would get wrecked by Jones and Machida, but because SF needs somebody with his name.

Sorry JMT, I hate to go against ya bro but I gotta say the stoppage was justified. I'll admit watching it the first time it happened so fast I was cursing the TV out and ready to hurt somebody for a shitty stoppage. However watching it a few times more Fedor was rocked to hell and was not in a position to defend, and when Dan Henderson rights are smacking a guy in the head repeatedly, it's time to stop the fight for the sake of the fighter's well being. I hated seeing Fedor lose just as much as the next guy, but we have to just accept that it's over.

On the subject of refs and judges I couldn't agree more.

As for where Dan should go, as much as I would like to send him back to the UFC and have him take out some more big names to further build his legacy, he should spend some time in SF. Like Fizzy said, Hendo hasn't even defended the belt and he needs to add some legitimacy to the SF title. Plus i'd bet SF will give him another great offer to resign so it's what should happen and probably will happen.

However watching it a few times more Fedor was rocked to hell and was not in a position to defend, and when Dan Henderson rights are smacking a guy in the head repeatedly, it's time to stop the fight for the sake of the fighter's well being. I hated seeing Fedor lose just as much as the next guy, but we have to just accept that it's over.

Besides attempting to roll into guard and being conscious. Besides that though...

Like I told jmt, I've refrained from saying much about the stoppage at this point just to let it sink in and make sure I can have a proper opinion on it and not let my inner fanboy cloud my judgement. My official opinion is that it was an unfortunate stoppage, not necessarily a bad one. Fedor was out for a second, no doubt. You don't fall flat on your face when you're conscious. Herb Dean saw this and ran for the stoppage. Meanwhile Fedor came back to and was putting himself in a better position but it was too late and the call was made. So that's pretty much it. Not a bad stoppage and understandable but it's a shitty situation and it could have gone on.

With that being said...Barry vs Struve is going to be hilarious.

Like I told jmt, I've refrained from saying much about the stoppage at this point just to let it sink in and make sure I can have a proper opinion on it and not let my inner fanboy cloud my judgement. My official opinion is that it was an unfortunate stoppage, not necessarily a bad one. Fedor was out for a second, no doubt. You don't fall flat on your face when you're conscious. Herb Dean saw this and ran for the stoppage. Meanwhile Fedor came back to and was putting himself in a better position but it was too late and the call was made. So that's pretty much it. Not a bad stoppage and understandable but it's a shitty situation and it could have gone on.

Pretty much.

I have to admit I was raging at Herb Dean like alot of people were at first, the stoppage was so sudden and alot of us jumped to conclusions.

While it could have gone on, it certainly is a justified stoppage and Dean was in the right considering the situation (not to mention how quick a decision that is).

With the controversy of all three losses, I really would like to see Fedor at least once more, this just isnt the right way. I dont think he will retire just yet, major props to Dan Henderson as well.

Henderson absolutely needs to be in the UFC. He is a legend (one of the greatest of all time, no doubt), and has maybe 3-4 fights left. He should not be wasting away in a dying promotion to end his career. Dana realizes that he's popular with casual fans again right now... and I truly believe that he should get the winner of Forrest vs. Shogun, and with a win, he gets a title shot.

I concur with Armbar that Struve vs. Barry should be hilarious.

Finally, I think there has to be a lot more to Overeem vs. Zuffa. They cut Coenen, Valentjn, and JOE... all members of Golden Glory.

So 140 will be in Toronto...any guesses for main events? I think they'll put either Anderson/Okami defending the MW title on the card or Jones/Rashad. Thing about the MW title is...who the fuck would they defend it against? It would be too quick a turnaround for the winner of Sonnen/Stann as well as Bisping/Miller and Leben/Munoz. I'd lean towards th LHW title being defended.

I could also see them giving us a lackluster main event that has somewhat of title implications. Then just stacking the card with Canadian talent. I have a feeling it's going to be a 131 type card honestly...after the loss of Lesnar.

Besides attempting to roll into guard and being conscious. Besides that though...

Only that was right after Herb stepped in to stop it, and Fedor was conscious but again rocked to hell(never said he was unconscious..)and taking power several power shot from Dan, but we could argue about this for days and not get anything out of it other than the fact that we disagree. I do agree though, that it is a shitty situation. Was it a tad premature? Possibly, but not by much; but it Herb was only hopping in there to do his job and protect Fedor.

On the topic of Overeem vs Zuffa, normally i'm on the Zuffa side but cutting Coenan after losing her title(and she had won two in a row prior) is complete bullshit. I don't mind lil Reem being cut after looking like an amateur against Chad Griggs, but Einemo getting cut after one loss that won Fight of the Night and Coenan getting cut pisses me off. Keep the battle with Reem, those two did not deserve to get the boot.

As for who could headline 140, I definitely agree that it should be LHW. My best guess, winner of Shogun-Griffin vs the winner of Ortiz-Evans. And then we have Lyoto just floating around.

On the topic of Overeem vs Zuffa, normally i'm on the Zuffa side but cutting Coenan after losing her title(and she had won two in a row prior) is complete bullshit. I don't mind lil Reem being cut after looking like an amateur against Chad Griggs, but Einemo getting cut after one loss that won Fight of the Night and Coenan getting cut pisses me off. Keep the battle with Reem, those two did not deserve to get the boot.

Wow, when did this happen? Seriously Zuffa? I don't get why they would've cut Coenan, shes a great fighter coming of losing her title and it's not like she looked horrible in the fight. Overeem's brother i could care less, he sucks... But I'm even shocked they cut Einemo. This better not be cause Reem's actions. No more Golden Glory fighters in Zuffa besides Sergei.

Only that was right after Herb stepped in to stop it, and Fedor was conscious but again rocked to hell(never said he was unconscious..)and taking power several power shot from Dan, but we could argue about this for days and not get anything out of it other than the fact that we disagree. I do agree though, that it is a shitty situation. Was it a tad premature? Possibly, but not by much; but it Herb was only hopping in there to do his job and protect Fedor.

Well that's kinda the point...he wasn't unconscious. I'm not saying a fighter has to be completely out for it to be stopped but at least NOT rolling into guard. Still difficult to assess how the shots to the back of the head (all of them after the big shot Fedor ate were to the back of the head) fits in here. Either way, yeah it's a shitty situation.

As for who could headline 140, I definitely agree that it should be LHW. My best guess, winner of Shogun-Griffin vs the winner of Ortiz-Evans. And then we have Lyoto just floating around.

Wait so no LHW title on the line then? Why would they make Rashad fight again before a title shot when he was getting one before Jones ''injury''? I think the winner of Griffin/Shogun will fight Lil Nog while Franklin gets maybe Machida or Davis.

Well that's kinda the point...he wasn't unconscious. I'm not saying a fighter has to be completely out for it to be stopped but at least NOT rolling into guard. Still difficult to assess how the shots to the back of the head (all of them after the big shot Fedor ate were to the back of the head) fits in here. Either way, yeah it's a shitty situation.

Wait so no LHW title on the line then? Why would they make Rashad fight again before a title shot when he was getting one before Jones ''injury''? I think the winner of Griffin/Shogun will fight Lil Nog while Franklin gets maybe Machida or Davis.

I know you aren't saying they have to be completly out, neither am I. We're both saing that, only i'm saying they don't need to be out for it to be stopped, and you are saying for that reason he could have kept going and he was making an effort to continue. I 100 percent agree that if he was making a good attempt to keep going and was doing so intelligently that it should go on, but you think he was and I don't think so. I saw him roll over as Herb was stepping in(after taking several killer shot with no defense) not into guard but laying out flat while Dan hit him from side. Again, i'm not disagreeing with your logic, it's just in this one scenario we saw things differently.

I personally didn't think Rashad deserved that shot when it was being given to him, and if he beats Tito he will move up a bit but I don't think his two wins over Silva and Rampage warrant a shot, especially in the fashion he won them. Tito certainly shouldnt considering he's on a 1 fight streak, but he's a hot ticket that they could really sell right now. The best thing for the division would to have all the guys floating around the contender zone fight, and then send the guy on top of them after Jones. Besides, if they set Rashad to fight Jones again, he'll just get injured :p

Alright JWG and Raul, why are you automatically blaming Zuffa? We have absolutely no idea as to what went down and why they were cut. There is NO evidence that it's Zuffa's fault so before you jump to conclusions, wait until the full story comes out. I'll gladly eat my words if i'm wrong, but I highly doubt it was just Zuffa cutting them for being associated with Reem.

I apologize for not just quoting you and responding Fizzy, but I'm on my iPhone at work. I was just playing off what Heisenburg said about the war between Reemerge and Zuffa. I'm not on some rampage after Zuffa or anything, i'm just saying it's the only thing that we know of that they all have in common. Sure it's ridiculous but so is Coenan getting cut after 1 loss and two wins before that for the title and Einemo being cut after losing one epic fight. There's probably some other more reasonable explanation, but this is the only thing we can see right now. Or everyone at GG is roiding up :p

This was posted on the UG. It actually makes a ton of sense if this is true and it's no wonder why the UFC wants nothing to do with Golden Glory. They're trying to become the new M-1.
the reason all the GG fighters have been released is, Golden Glory want payment direct to them not direct to the fighter, and they wont countenance any other system. They also have some mad clauses in the Strikeforce contracts requiring Strikeforce to pay for flights and hotel rooms for 'managers' - no other manager, Soares, Cox, Alonso, anyone, gets this. Zuffa is having none of it.

Kharitonov will be on his way as well unless he wins the GP; Zuffa simply arent prepared to pay money directly to GG. Among other things, it creates grey areas that might leave them open to legal action by the fighters if something goes wrong with payments.

Prior to the Strikeforce buyout, there hasnt been a golden glory fighter in the UFC since Sem Schilt; that isnt a coincidence.

Unless GG agrees to allow payment direct to fighters - highly unlikely - then there wont be any GG fighters in UFC or SF

See, this is why we wait before assumptions are made. I swear it pains me to go on the UG or Shitdog and see the uproar of everybody going apeshit on Zuffa. I don't want that happening here.

I would love to know the details of what GG wanted exactly, because if I was one of those guys I certainly would rather be paid than have money go to the gym and then to me. There must be some benefits in for them if they went that way, doesn't really matter though because no way in hell it'll happen. :)

Fedor got cut from SF.

Correction, he contract ran out and decided not to renew. Everyone knew that Zuffa would only do business with M1 as long as necessary.

As far as the GG thing goes...Zuffa wouldn't let potential big money walk away (Ubereem) without good reason. His brother isn't worth anything so no surprise there and if GG was playing hardball than cutting Coenen was just sending a message. A little harsh but if GG didn't want things to go down like that they should have behaved differently. There's never been a case of Dana and friends letting potential money go without good reason, why is this different?

Oh and the only thing I'm bummed about the whole GG situation is that we won't get to find out how overrated Overeem is and we likely won't get to see Sergei in the UFC which I really wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back