• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA February Doesn't Need This Shit

You must have missed the scene where he broke Herrings eye socket. That made the cut as well.

So, Condit vs. Diaz II might be on.

This dude has an inside source in the UFC and has been right before.

c2b5W.jpg

fZ5Qk.jpg

bKxpr.jpg

That guy is on the UG. Don't know how valid his sources are, but hopefully it's true.

I don't even care who wins, just as long as one of them finishes it definitively. We do not need this to go from Shogun-Machida to Edgar-Maynard and stale up the division for a year.

Rematch is on!!

Sources close to the deal just now confirmed with The Underground that Carlos Condit has accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz for the interim welterweight title.

Condit said 'Yes, I accept the rematch' and will be in Las Vegas on Thursday to finalize the deal with the UFC.

This past Saturday, Diaz and Condit fought to a five round decision, a decision that went in the favor of Condit. Diaz, along with many fans, fighters, and media had thought he had done enough to win a decision, but all three judges scored the bout for Condit.

At the post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White said there was a possibility a rematch could be made, but it seemed unlikely as Diaz had said post-bout that he was retiring from fighting and earlier today Condit's camp said they were not interested in a rematch.

It's unclear at this time as to when the rematch will take place, but it looks like the fans got what they asked for.

So much for Diaz Condit II , Gracie just said it's not going down, with no reason why.

I tend to think that it still will, bet all parties are just hammering out details, might as well stir up some more drama for the fight....

I highly doubt thats the reason they're doing this. Something happened, nobody has broken what yet.

Got a bad feeling this is drug related. Either one of the fighters failed the test (find it hard to believe drug test results came back this early though), someone took a shit ton of narcotics, and can't accept the fight until I clears his system, or something else is going on.

What a total fuck up. Seriously, get the fuck out of the sport and never come back.

What a total fuck up. Seriously, get the fuck out of the sport and never come back.

Aren't you a fan of Chris Leben? lol

And I'm not completely sold on Diaz being busted for weed. If you look at Cesar's tweet more closely, he says Condit vs Diaz or GSP will not happen this year. Now, if that's not a typing mistake, then that means Diaz vs. GSP very well may be in the works, especially since Diaz wants time off and GSP said he'd give up his championship to fight Diaz. If Diaz is suspended for a year, then why would Cesar say Condit vs. GSP wouldn't happen this year? Just doesn't make any sense.

Or, Cesar is just a dumb ass and it could be weed. I hope not, though.

I am certaintly not a fan of Leben. I respected him for getting his life back together and trying to improve as a martial artist, but that all went out the window when he got suspended. I have always hated Leben actually, just respected him for fighting off his demons.

Weed was my first guess. Something like immediately after the fight Diaz lit up figuring he would either stay retired or it would be out of his system before his next test or whatever. Then they approach him with the rematch and everyone is all ''Damn...there might end up being a problem with the drug test for his next fight.'' Or he failed the one for the Diaz fight for the same reason, in which case fuck him. I don't agree with weed being a banned substance, but if you know it is and do it anyone and throw away A LOT, you deserve the punishment.

Who knows though, they're being pretty hush hush about it so it could be something totally different.

Aaaand Nick Diaz's test comes back dirty for marijuana.

Shock and awe, world. Shock and awe

If people thought Sonnen appearing in front of a commission to get his suspension reduced was funny, we haven't seen anything yet!

I was gonna fight Condit
But I got high
I was gonna prove I was legit
But I got high
I'm losing so much money
And I know why
(why man?)
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got hiiiigh

La da da da dada da!

So, Nick lives in California, obviously... isn't there a really good chance he has a license for medicinal marijuana?

If so, can Kizer ban him if Nick can prove he takes it for medicinal/theraputic purposes?

If people thought Sonnen appearing in front of a commission to get his suspension reduced was funny, we haven't seen anything yet!

Nick will take the harshest punishment possible before he gets dragged to Vegas just to speak in front of the commission, lol.

So, Nick lives in California, obviously... isn't there a really good chance he has a license for medicinal marijuana?

If so, can Kizer ban him if Nick can prove he takes it for medicinal/theraputic purposes?

Yes, he does. Cesar admitted that not too long ago.

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters. The rules are the rules (no matter how dumb) and Nick broke them. Maybe there's a loophole somewhere, but I sincerely doubt it. It didn't work after the Gomi fight, so I doubt it works now.

Anyways, this sucks that he'll have so much time off, but hey... ultimately he'll be back and better than ever I'm sure. I'm still as big of a fan of his as I could possibly be.

I live in Cali, medical cards are pretty common but having one doesn't exempt you from failing a drug test based for weed whether it's prescription or not. There's a few other things like that, Adderall for example is a banned substance and a prescription for it means nothing.

Like I've said plenty of times, I like Nick for his gameness and training discipline but the guy is a fuck up. Not for smoking weed, I still think it's ******ed that it's banned, but as a professional. He knows the consequences were he to be caught and chose to partake anyway. This whole ''Oh but he has anxiety'' talk is bullshit. Maybe he has anxiety, maybe he doesn't but either change the rule for everyone or else everyone plays by the rules. It's looking like it will be a year suspension but hopefully it will be shorter; there is a certain niche in MMA missing if Nick isn't competing.

Now I'm just hoping he can refrain from being a whiny bitch if he loses again so I can get into a normal fan-of-Diaz mode.

A few interesting matchmaking notes:

Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir - should be an awesome fight. Maybe winner gets Werdum for #1 contender? People sleep on Mir for some reason. I could totally see him submitting Velasquez.

Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz 3 - makes sense for both guys, neither are near a title shot, last fight was close, it should be a good one.

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem - On for Memorial Day weekend, hell yes.

Dustin Poirier vs Chan Sung King - likely for #1 contender to Aldo. That's going to be fun as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back