IMPACT Wrestling LD for 03.08.12

I don't understand why you can make a comment like that. So it's ok for people to hate John Cena but not Ken freakin Anderson?

Based on everything you've said SD, fans have the right to like and dislike who they want right? So why can't people choose to dislike Anderson who is significantly less talented, interesting, and over than John Cena?

To be clear, I don't "hate" Ken Anderson. I hate that people made him out to be the greatest wrestler we've ever seen which he clearly isn't, but I don't hate him. Definitely dislike him though and I have every right to I would think.

Without reading what you wrote a second time, I suspect the difference is that hate and dislike are two different things. A secondary point might be that Anderson has never really been important enough to garner such an extensive backlash.

I hate that people made him out to be the greatest wrestler we've ever seen which he clearly isn't, but I don't hate him.

Do you hate that about Daniel Bryan?

Without reading what you wrote a second time, I suspect the difference is that hate and dislike are two different things. A secondary point might be that Anderson has never really been important enough to garner such an extensive backlash.

Do you hate that about Daniel Bryan?

A little bit, yeah. There's indy fans that want to tell you that every guy that comes from the Indy's is the best. I kind of like to make those decisions for myself.

The thing with Anderson is that I came back to wrestling in 2007 after not watching during those bad 2002-2006 years of WWE. When I came back as a fan full time I was told that Mr. Kennedy and MVP were the future of the business, the next Stone Cold and Rock. It was a prevalent thought and I never saw it, ever.

You still didn't answer what I asked though. You said that you can't understand why anyone could hate Anderson. I'm not telling you I do but some people definitely do. There are also people who hate John Cena. Are they allowed? And they are allowed, why can people hate Cena but not Anderson?

And no, the fact that Cena is a bigger name doesn't mean people should hate him. I guess there's that "hate the best" thing people do (like I've dealt with since I was like 15 and the Yankees were in their 2nd championship of 4 in those 5 years) but envy and "they suck" are two vastly different animals. People need to be able to separate the two.

A little bit, yeah. There's indy fans that want to tell you that every guy that comes from the Indy's is the best. I kind of like to make those decisions for myself.

The thing with Anderson is that I came back to wrestling in 2007 after not watching during those bad 2002-2006 years of WWE. When I came back as a fan full time I was told that Mr. Kennedy and MVP were the future of the business, the next Stone Cold and Rock. It was a prevalent thought and I never saw it, ever.

You still didn't answer what I asked though. You said that you can't understand why anyone could hate Anderson. I'm not telling you I do but some people definitely do. There are also people who hate John Cena. Are they allowed? And they are allowed, why can people hate Cena but not Anderson?

And no, the fact that Cena is a bigger name doesn't mean people should hate him. I guess there's that "hate the best" thing people do (like I've dealt with since I was like 15 and the Yankees were in their 2nd championship of 4 in those 5 years) but envy and "they suck" are two vastly different animals. People need to be able to separate the two.

So we asking for permission to hate? I hate jinder mahal I think he sucks donkey nuts! He gets no reaction, cant promo, barely can wrestle.. .. HE SUCKS..

oh wait Sucks is different from hate.. hmm you have to know someone to hate them.. like they kick your puppy, or lick your kid.. since the majority if not all of us on these forums know Cena or Anderson on a personal level to know that they are real life douches or not, its impossible to HATE them.. you simply dislike them..

Dislike is purely subjective based on ones taste.. you may like coke and dislike pepsi.. but it doesn't matter since plenty of people like both.. neither of them suck...

But when you think about the word SUCK.. no matter how hard some try not to agree... Jinder Mahal is a waste of TV time.. because unlike coke or pepsi.. there is no Choice.. the answer is clear.. SUCK is the word.. and he wears it well.

Cena & Rock collaborate this message..

Know your role... and rise above the hate.

;)

So we asking for permission to hate? I hate jinder mahal I think he sucks donkey nuts! He gets no reaction, cant promo, barely can wrestle.. .. HE SUCKS..

oh wait Sucks is different from hate.. hmm you have to know someone to hate them.. like they kick your puppy, or lick your kid.. since the majority if not all of us on these forums know Cena or Anderson on a personal level to know that they are real life douches or not, its impossible to HATE them.. you simply dislike them..

Dislike is purely subjective based on ones taste.. you may like coke and dislike pepsi.. but it doesn't matter since plenty of people like both.. neither of them suck...

But when you think about the word SUCK.. no matter how hard some try not to agree... Jinder Mahal is a waste of TV time.. because unlike coke or pepsi.. there is no Choice.. the answer is clear.. SUCK is the word.. and he wears it well.

Cena & Rock collaborate this message..

Know your role... and rise above the hate.

;)

I'm sorry, I'm really confused after all that lol. I guess we all should collaborate on the definitions of "hate" "dislike" "suck" etc? I don't know man!

So you sort of dislike Bryan for the same reason you really dislike Anderson. I am just curious what the difference is? If it is "talent" then my point is that Anderson's talent is better than he gets credit for even if it might not be consistent main event level. It isn't like he ever reached that level anyway so I find it kind of odd to hate someone for making people think you are more talented than you are. Isn't that the whole point of getting over in wrestling? It certainly suggest the existence of talent at the least.

I don't think people were calling Anderson the next Stone Cold then and I don't know how you couldn't see talent in those guys then. I wasn't IWC then and saw a lot in both those guys. I don't see how WWE was so much better off getting no one over then to only go to Miz and Mark Henry now.

When did I say people aren't allowed? I said I didn't get it. I completely get why people hate Cena and just don't get the level of hate Anderson receives. I don't think I hate anyone in wrestling. After all it is just a show.

People hate Cena for a variety of reasons but mostly it boils down to how his character has been used. I might suggest you were envious of the level of support Anderson received.

The thing about Anderson is that he is undeniably capable of hitting a level many can't. The other thing about him is that he has never been able to sustain it. I used to think that was somewhat bad luck but at this point it isn't a coincidence. I just don't get it when people act like Anderson is always only terrible though. What doesn't make sense to me is why be envious of someone that didn't actually make it to the level you don't think they deserved?

I can't believe some people actually like Ken Anderson. Technically, he isn't awful, but he has to be the most annoying wrestler out there. Well, right behind Robbie E., Abyss, and every female wrestler on the planet.

Anderson is pretty sub-par in the ring, and extraordinarily bad on the mic. He's fantastic at hyping himself up, just terrible at delivering.

Ken Anderson has a great deal of talent.

Don't get me wrong, he fucking sucks, but that is almost entirely due to; his character and his total lack of creativity. Claiming that the man is bad on the mic or a poor worker is just about the stupidest thing I've read today.

Ken Anderson has a great deal of talent.

Don't get me wrong, he fucking sucks, but that is almost entirely due to; his character and his total lack of creativity. Claiming that the man is bad on the mic or a poor worker is just about the stupidest thing I've read today.

I'm guessing this wasn't meant for me, seeing I said he wasn't technically terrible. I enjoyed a good deal of what he did with WWE, but I can't think of a single thing he has done with TNA which didn't completely suck. EDIT: Actually, his program in the fall of 2010 with Kurt Angle was pretty good, the matches as well.

Also, I feel the same way about Robbie E. I don't think he's devoid of talent, I just can't stomach his current character. Could be better than average, at some point.

Ryder's as good as he's ever going to be.

EDIT: Actually, his program in the fall of 2010 with Kurt Angle was pretty good, the matches as well.

You officially no longer get points for having a good program with Kurt Angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back