• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 04.12.12

IF you get rid of that ridiculous wedding and the 3 segments about it and replace that with some Morgan/Crimson stuff and longer matches, you have a really good show. As it is, decent show and Lockdown should be good if the booking doesn't suck.

IF you get rid of that ridiculous wedding and the 3 segments about it and replace that with some Morgan/Crimson stuff and longer matches, you have a really good show. As it is, decent show and Lockdown should be good if the booking doesn't suck.

Yeah that was my issue with it. Crimson and Morgan is only mentioned in the card rundown and Hardy vs. Angle gets 40 seconds to fill time while they build the cage.

And if you cram a segment on the show for every match on the PPV, then it's "too much and it doesn't allow everything to sink in with the viewer" or some other lame-ass remark from people who just want to nitpick for 120 minutes.

And if you cram a segment on the show for every match on the PPV, then it's "too much and it doesn't allow everything to sink in with the viewer" or some other lame-ass remark from people who just want to nitpick for 120 minutes.

Or you could not have 20 minutes dedicated to a comedy segment on the show before your second biggest show of the year so it doesn't have to be crammed in. Or you could have less Bischoff.

Why does everything Hogan and Bischoff touch turn to shit? Their segments are just God awful, made worse by that idiot Bischoff kid. Please, go away again. Do it.

Flair, on the other hand, can stay.

Yeah that was my issue with it. Crimson and Morgan is only mentioned in the card rundown and Hardy vs. Angle gets 40 seconds to fill time while they build the cage.

To be fair, I'm glad they finally let Roode and Storm do something with one another because they've been kept apart for the most part. That feud needed a big jolt and it got it. Other than that though, your two other big singles matches got nothing on the go home show. Cut the wedding in half and do the old "combine the feuds" tag match with Hardy/Morgan vs. Angle/Crimson. That would have done wonders for this show.

Then again, there's rumors of Kurt being legit hurt so we may see a short match on Sunday anyway. That would explain a lot.

Why does everything Hogan and Bischoff touch turn to shit? Their segments are just God awful, made worse by that idiot Bischoff kid. Please, go away again. Do it.

Flair, on the other hand, can stay.

Maybe because they're not that good at what they do? Hogan was at his best fighting monsters and being a superhero. Can you imagine Superman operating a carwash? Yeah he's still Superman so he's cool by definition, but it's not something you would want to see every day. Bischoff is good as a corrupt power figure, not as a guy that has issues being a daddy.

To be fair, I'm glad they finally let Roode and Storm do something with one another because they've been kept apart for the most part. That feud needed a big jolt and it got it. Other than that though, your two other big singles matches got nothing on the go home show. Cut the wedding in half and do the old "combine the feuds" tag match with Hardy/Morgan vs. Angle/Crimson. That would have done wonders for this show.

Then again, there's rumors of Kurt being legit hurt so we may see a short match on Sunday anyway. That would explain a lot.

Or just not so much Bischoff. Lethal Lockdown got what, 6 segments or so, including 75% of the matches? Doing an episode like that is fine, but don't put the wedding on there too because it takes away the time for everything else other than one segment.

Maybe because they're not that good at what they do? Hogan was at his best fighting monsters and being a superhero. Can you imagine Superman operating a carwash? Yeah he's still Superman so he's cool by definition, but it's not something you would want to see every day. Bischoff is good as a corrupt power figure, not as a guy that has issues being a daddy.

Bischoff works when he's under control. Not calling the shots. I would love to see him in a GM role with no backstage control. He's fantastic, one of the best, doing that.

Bischoff works when he's under control. Not calling the shots. I would love to see him in a GM role with no backstage control. He's fantastic, one of the best, doing that.

That's true. It's the same problem that happened in WCW: there's really no interest in seeing Bischoff vs. Bischoff, but it's happening because Eric has legit authority in the company. The match should be ok, but there's no reason for Garrett to be involved, especially when there are so many other people you could focus it on.

The match should be ok, but there's no reason for Garrett to be involved, especially when there are so many other people you could focus it on.

There's no reason for Garrett to be employed. Not when you think about the guys who could have his spot. It's a sickening abuse of power, given how shit Garrett actually is.

There's no reason for Garrett to be employed. Not when you think about the guys who could have his spot. It's a sickening abuse of power, given how shit Garrett actually is.

On top of that, look at the match for a second, taking out the Bischoffs:

Aries
Styles
RVD
Anderson

vs.

Bully Ray
Gunner
Kazarian
Daniels

Other than Ray, which of those heels matches up with any of the faces? This match is completely lopsided and sounds like a squash on paper.

On top of that, look at the match for a second, taking out the Bischoffs:

Aries
Styles
RVD
Anderson

vs.

Bully Ray
Gunner
Kazarian
Daniels

Other than Ray, which of those heels matches up with any of the faces? This match is completely lopsided and sounds like a squash on paper.

You could arguably match up Styles and Daniels (currently), and Bully Ray with any of the other 3, but then Gunner and Kaz are horribly outmatched

My hope is the crowd at Lockdown puts an end to Garrett.

Make him a heel and have him conquer the X-division to make his dad proud, I could watch that. This upper mid card babyface nonsense just is annoying. If I could turn the smark off maybe but I don't think it makes sense to have a real life father-son story needing to be kayfabe only to work. Bischoff is probably a better heel than even Vince McMahon but too bad Garrett can't hold Shane's jock.

My hope is the crowd at Lockdown puts an end to Garrett.

Make him a heel and have him conquer the X-division to make his dad proud, I could watch that. This upper mid card babyface nonsense just is annoying. If I could turn the smark off maybe but I don't think it makes sense to have a real life father-son story needing to be kayfabe only to work.

Don't blame your smarky behavior. It's not your fault. He's the worst professional wrestler I have ever seen. Ever. I can't believe I'm even calling him a professional wrestler. Oh well.

Bischoff is probably a better heel than even Vince McMahon but too bad Garrett can't hold Shane's jock.

Nah, I prefer Vince. Bischoff was great start to finish, I'll give him that. It took Vince a bit of time to really come into his own, but once he did, he was outstanding. I'd say it's somewhat close, but I'd give the edge to The Genetic Jackhammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back