• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fast Food: Stupidity Requirement?

Don't you count on that, while we're a decent bunch of people at my work (we're about 10 people or so) and if we decide to order some McDonalds food, we usually send a guy over to order it at the counter, order it in one menu per bag etc. and we still succeed in 50% of the times missing 1 or 2 of the menu's or a missing burger, or missing fries..

Usually we call them out on it although, and some of the times we get a free round of ice cream.

You do realize how annoying, it is to bag each order for one company seperately, don't you? Also, if the guy you send orders rapid fire, it'll be a little harder to keep track of what goes where. I'm not justifying the fuck up, but it is a tad understandable with certain cases.

Don't you count on that, while we're a decent bunch of people at my work (we're about 10 people or so) and if we decide to order some McDonalds food, we usually send a guy over to order it at the counter, order it in one menu per bag etc. and we still succeed in 50% of the times missing 1 or 2 of the menu's or a missing burger, or missing fries..

Usually we call them out on it although, and some of the times we get a free round of ice cream.

Yeah, this is a bitch. We cater as well and sometimes it's nothing more than 50 deli sandwiches and every single one is different. We have a pretty good record with not fucking shit up but it is a huge bitch when people want shit paired specifically with other orders. Or when we have written on our catering menu that we need 24 hours notice for catering orders and people try to order food for 300 people two hours before they need it. Or they'll see the price on the menu for catering and still say "Well we only have $400 so we're going to need to work this out'' which basically means they want it for cheaper. Does that work at fucking Best Buy when you're trying to buy a new tv or trying to buy a new car?

You do realize how annoying, it is to bag each order for one company seperately, don't you? Also, if the guy you send orders rapid fire, it'll be a little harder to keep track of what goes where. I'm not justifying the fuck up, but it is a tad understandable with certain cases.

Actually bagging it like that proved to leave less missing, we would have more menu's missing when it was just bagged in no particular order, which is just even more worse, so we're only doing it like that for the sake of actually missing less.

and sure it's understandable in such a case here, but that doesn't make it less annoying for both parties to have to deal with the fact that there's something missing, the fast food company that has to produce the missing material, and the company in my case which has to resend the guy to pick up the missing stuff, sure it's no more than 5-10 minutes drive away (back AND forth) but it's still a wasted drive.

Edit: I know what you mean Armbar, although McDonalds is the only place we've ordered from that managed to fuck up our orders, we've ordered from sunset (Scandinavian version of Subway, pretty much the same damn thing) Burger King, Taste It (pretty much the same thing as Subway and Sunset, but they have salad mixes as well, fucking delicious shit right there) and nobody, and I repeat.. Nobody except for McDonalds has fucked up.

Last time I ate from McDonald's was maybe 2 years ago. I was craving some McNuggest, something I hadn't eaten in a very long time. I order a ten piece, pay and then they hand me the bag. I look inside to see barbecue sauce in the bag. I ask if I could have 2 sides of sweet and sour since it's the only one of their sauces I like. They tell me they're out of sweet and sour and the only sauce they have at the moment is the barbecue. I haven't been to once since.

When we take over the world, we're making Subway the only fast food restaurant to exist... alongside a massive chain of Armbar's kitchens.

Taco Bell is one of those things I don't get often, but when I do I go crazy. I get a number four which consists of a mexican pizza and two taco supremes. No tomatoes of course. Or a grilled stuffed burrito, two soft tacos and an enchirito.

Taco Bell is one of those things I don't get often, but when I do I go crazy.
taco-bell-drive-thru-728565.jpg

I always get a chicken Crunchwrap. Always. Then I get a burrito or something to go along with it. Cheesy bean and rice burritos were the best but I'm not sure if they still have them.

Taco Bell is my ultimate late night drunken food munchies. I'll usually get like two Cheesy Beef Burritos or one cheesy beef burrito with a chicken quesadilla. And of course the prerequisite nachos and an empenada.

I'm not there just for a paycheck, i'm there to gain experience, there to support me and my sick mother. I do care about my job, I do care about the customers satisfaction. It just pisses me off when they come in and show absolutely no respect at all, and act like total raging ********s. I understand it's my job to deal with them, to be nice and please them regardless. But would it hurt to get a 'Thank You' or a 'Please' every now and then? Nah, we get the nice people. "Hi, Welcome to Wendy's can I take your order?" "Naw man hold on a fuckin' minute." Then they call 3 different people asking them what they want. We're on a timer. That's cool, that can be bypassed. They don't care about the 4 other cars sitting behind them, while they call their cousin in Wyoming to see if he wants a 5 piece. I don't intentionally fuck up someone's food, I never have and don't plan on it. Im very professional, and I'm damn good on sandwiches. I rarely make a mistake. On the off chance I do make a mistake, I smile, apologize and correct said error in a brief manner. If you want to act like a dick, and be rude and obxnoxious, I won't spit in your food or give you burnt meat, i'll just take a few seconds longer to make your sandwich and then bitch about you to my co-workers when you leave. But of course, we're the bad people. Blame me for everything.

I'm not there just for a paycheck, i'm there to gain experience, there to support me and my sick mother. I do care about my job, I do care about the customers satisfaction. It just pisses me off when they come in and show absolutely no respect at all, and act like total raging ********s. I understand it's my job to deal with them, to be nice and please them regardless. But would it hurt to get a 'Thank You' or a 'Please' every now and then? Nah, we get the nice people. "Hi, Welcome to Wendy's can I take your order?" "Naw man hold on a fuckin' minute." Then they call 3 different people asking them what they want. We're on a timer. That's cool, that can be bypassed. They don't care about the 4 other cars sitting behind them, while they call their cousin in Wyoming to see if he wants a 5 piece. I don't intentionally fuck up someone's food, I never have and don't plan on it. Im very professional, and I'm damn good on sandwiches. I rarely make a mistake. On the off chance I do make a mistake, I smile, apologize and correct said error in a brief manner. If you want to act like a dick, and be rude and obxnoxious, I won't spit in your food or give you burnt meat, i'll just take a few seconds longer to make your sandwich and then bitch about you to my co-workers when you leave. But of course, we're the bad people. Blame me for everything.
Waaaaaah!

2407936192_a69c0e1e60.jpg

As ******ed as some people claim that fast food employees are Freddy, the exact same can be said about the customers. I especially understand about the people that are standing in line for five fucking minutes and when their time comes to order, they call somebody on the fucking phone. Good thing my place isn't a franchise and we do good business so I just call out next and that motherfucker can come back when he's ready to order.

first of all, let me just say. best. thread. ever. lol its been really funny reading.

im 15 and no i havent started working yet, but i do live right next to a burger king and taco bell, and i plan on working there this summer. and if someone came in and was a dick to me, i wouldnt fuck around with their order, cuz people that are dicks to fast food workers are usually the kind of people that get a bad order and are like "can i talk to your manager? yes this kid is incompatent and should not be in charge of my food" and its people like that that annoy me, its like buddy cmon, so you wait an extra minute while i go fix your order, not a big deal. people these days just need to relax. but anyway, no i wouldnt fuck with people on purpose, cuz if you dont like someone, messing up their order just makes them stick around longer. if i got a dick orderer then ill get his order to him fucking quick so hes out of my face and at the same time if i do a good enough job he will have to eat his own fucking attitude. cuz if he treats me like a fucktard and i do a good job he will feel embarrased and maybe not be an asshole next time he comes in.

and the fact that your job, which you are paid using other people's hard earned funds to do isn't one of those things show what kind of person you are. and there IS something wrong with that.

Nah I don't think so. I get shit pay so I do a shit job - if they want to pay me more than £4.80 an hour I'll work better. Give and take. You pay next to nothing you get next to nothing.

Well there are other jobs you can take that pay higher, you workaholic. To actually embrace going to work and not give a shit... Stop wasting everyone's time.

Good luck getting a good reference when you put that you worked there on a resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back