• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BCS Bowls have been good.

Kermit

the Frog
Amidst what I thought was a slump selection of the smaller bowls, the BCS bowls have been great match ups.

The Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Sugar Bowl have all done their part in providing good football, but can Clemson and West Virginia provide the same in the Orange Bowl? Also, will we get a lackluster National Championship in form of a rematch between LSU and Alabama?

So far this bowl season has passed my expectations. It contained a few gems in the lesser bowls and showcased three exciting BCS bowls. Anybody else enjoying the bowl season?

Honestly don't give much of a shit about the bowls anymore. The system is such a joke.

they were good for the most part, if you like Arena Football.

Terrible defense, ridiculously high scoring games, atrocious kicking games. Not my cup of tea. A few of the games may have been good though, I just haven't really watched them much.

I've really enjoyed the bowl season thus far. Most because I only have like, 7 losses so far in my picks ;). But really, the games so far have been great. I've found myself multiple times watching a game between two teams I didn't watch all season long, sitting on the edge of my seat, actually rooting. If anything, this bowl season's games have been amazing for the most part.

All football has become that way. NFL's even worse with its babying of the QBs.

Although I must say, every day of the week I'd rather watch a team like Baylor then a team like Penn State. At least with Baylor's D you could make the excuse that the rules are unfavorable to defenses. PSU would have trouble against JV HS teams on offense.

The Sugar Bowl was far from good. There was minimal defense, shitty offense, and absolutely horrible special teams. If you just looked at the box score, it appeared to be a good game. I was NOWHERE near as pleased with the Sugar Bowl as I was with the Rose and Fiesta.

To the comment about "if you like Arena football." Dude, I would much rather watch this stuff than the SEC struggle to complete more than 6 passes in a fucking game. I'm sorry, the SEC might be good on defense, but their offenses are absolute shit.

6 of their 12 teams were ranked 97th or worse in total offense. 2 more teams (LSU & South Carolina) were ranked 74th and 75th. It's like trying to watch two teams that appear to have never thrown a forward pass.

The supposed "Game of the Century" saw LSU defeat Alabama 9-6 and completed a total of 6 fucking passes in the entire game. It was botched field goals, poor special teams, and inept playcalling in overtime. Sound like anything else you've watched this season?

At this rate, we can expect that National Title game will be decided in overtime because of several missed field goals. Oh wait....where have I seen that before.

Stanford-Oklahoma State was the best game so far. Wisconsin, as a school, has had serious issues with the clock in the past week.

Completely agree. It was such a well tuned game that literally came down to one person.

Oregon-Wisconsin was great, but you just had a general sense that Oregon was going to win that game as the 4th quarter progressed. Not to mention that spiking the ball to end the game really killed what, otherwise, appeared to be a decent last ditch effort by Bucky

Yeah, Oregon has too much stamina and depth. Big 10 is comprised of big and bulky dudes who are going to get tired if they get locked into a slug fest.

To the comment about "if you like Arena football."
That's me.

Dude, I would much rather watch this stuff than the SEC struggle to complete more than 6 passes in a fucking game. I'm sorry, the SEC might be good on defense, but their offenses are absolute shit.

6 of their 12 teams were ranked 97th or worse in total offense. 2 more teams (LSU & South Carolina) were ranked 74th and 75th. It's like trying to watch two teams that appear to have never thrown a forward pass.

The supposed "Game of the Century" saw LSU defeat Alabama 9-6 and completed a total of 6 fucking passes in the entire game. It was botched field goals, poor special teams, and inept playcalling in overtime. Sound like anything else you've watched this season?

At this rate, we can expect that National Title game will be decided in overtime because of several missed field goals. Oh wait....where have I seen that before.
we are in 100% agreement with virtually all of what you said. the SEC is the most overrated thing in the history of things.

I would rather see a 17-14 game over any of these Arena-like scores.

Stanford-Oklahoma State was the best game so far. Wisconsin, as a school, has had serious issues with the clock in the past week.
yes it was, and lulz about Wisconsin. I feel bad for them a bit. First they lose 2 games on either the last play or the last minute, then they spike the ball on the final play of the game, then they get beat in basketball because of a late buzzer beater.

Also, I missed the entirety of the Orange Bowl. However, there is one thing that was pretty sweet about that. Not the whole 70 points by West Virginia. Not the QB throwing for 6 scores.

No, the only thing I loved is this:
i

That is the single greatest Championship T-Shirt ever. Yes, I am glad they won, if only for that T-Shirt alone.

It amazes me they and the Big East are still allowed an automatic bid.

Agreed completely. But, until there is a drastic mood swing among the universities, it won't change. They aren't going to strip either conference of their automatic BCS bids. The BCS is like a cartel...if they strip the AQ status of the Big East and ACC, they leave open the possibility that those conferences could start spilling their guts about exactly what goes on inside the BCS, most of which would infuriate a lot of people, and would probably be far more trouble to the BCS than kicking either conference out would be worth. As long as the member conferences stay members, they keep their mouths shut.

The big east is 7-7 in BCS games and the only conference in the BCS era to have a winning record against the SEC. The Big East is severly under rated.

The big east is 7-7 in BCS games and the only conference in the BCS era to have a winning record against the SEC. The Big East is severly under rated.
Just like I would tell SEC fans, a BCS game is just one game. It doesn't account for how terrible the conference has been all year long.

Just like I would tell SEC fans, a BCS game is just one game. It doesn't account for how terrible the conference has been all year long.

You have to remember Sly, SEC fans don't care about that. They're "conference is so tough that people are going to have trouble winning."

8 of 12 teams in that conference were 74th or worse in total offense.

6 of 12 teams in the SEC were 97th or worse in total offense.

Alabama's vaunted defense gave up 279 rushing yards to Georgia Southern

LSU's vaunted defense:

-Oregon outgained LSU 335 yards to 273.

-The Ducks had three scoring drives of over 60 yards, including a 19-play, 79-yarder. LSU had one.

-The Ducks were 9 of 19 on third down. LSU was 6 of 15.

-LSU had zero sacks. Oregon had one.

-LSU had six tackles for a loss. Oregon had five.

-Alabama's Richardson had 169 combined rushing and receiving yards

-West Virginia threw for 463 passing yards & gained 533 total yards. They also had 28 first downs.

LSU deserves to be there while Alabama lobbied their way in because their "loss was better."

SEC was a joke this year, but of course they still managed to sell people on their bullshit. Surprise, surprise

LSU deserves to be there while Alabama lobbied their way in because their "loss was better."

This is the thing which gets me the most. If the two schools would have been Alabama and an undefeated Boise St., Alabama would still have gotten in because of a "tougher schedule".

It's like some people have no consistency, except to homer for their SEC schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back