• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BCS Selection Sunday LD

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3561391 said:
LSU is the best. Alabama is the second best. Oklahoma State is the third best. But if the second best lost to the first best, and the third best didn't play the first best, shouldn't the first best play the first best now?

Don't you know that's not how it works?

It makes the entire regular season is important argument irrelevant. If we're supposed to treat the regular season as a playoff, then wouldn't Alabama be eliminated based on that bullshit argument?

It makes the entire regular season is important argument irrelevant. If we're supposed to treat the regular season as a playoff, then wouldn't Alabama be eliminated based on that bullshit argument?

Everyone who uses logic understands this is wrong.

"Well congratulations on a great season. You have a lot to be proud of."

Same line that was fed to Boise and Utah and every other small school that wasn't going to ever have a chance at it because their conference isn't big enough or they don't play enough big name opponents or they weren't ranked high enough by a computer or whatever.

And here's everyone to say they're awesome.

I'd LOVE to hear Saban if they didn't make it.

I wanted to see Houston go undefeated and see what would happen, or even Boise. IT would be interesting, especially with Boise, who got up to #3 this season. There really does need to be a tournament. It's really starting to bother me right now.

:lmao:

I love how Alabama's loss is "better" than OK. State's loss. Funny, because I thought a loss was a loss.

Mike Gundy is saying all the right things to ESPN, but I guarantee you he's telling his team something completely different.

Why don't we just play the whole season on a computer? I mean, they're determining the entire thing now it seems, so why not? Why go on the field at all?

This isn't going to sit well with the Big 12. If there isn't a push for a playoff or at least a plus one after this, it's never going to happen.

Good Lord, can we please just go to a playoff already.

So some dude named Roy Kramer created this? I hope he dies in a fire.

You'd think the other power conferences would want a playoff now after all of them getting shut out of the championship.

And what do we get if there is a different outcome? #2 Alabama beat #1 LSU once, but #1 LSU beat #2 Alabama once. Do we really have a national champion here? No, we have a basic tie, the whole thing the BCS was created to prevent.

OK State got legit screwed. I also like the hypocrisy of the SEC and their teams. I seem to remember them singing a different tune back in 2006 when Michigan/OSU could have had a potential rematch and instead they wanted and got Florida in the game.

Kirk Herbstreit is an idiot. 4 team playoff? What about Boise State and Houston? They have 1 loss as well, what about them? Him and the rest of ESPN, and the NCAA are so stupid. Also, Houston drops from 3 to 19 after a loss to a ranked team, and that ranked team moves up to 21 from 24 after beat an UNDEFEATED TEAM! The BCS system is literally making college football a lot worse.

I'm a college graduate and I feel like I'm nowhere near intelligent enough to understand all of the caveats to how the BCS works with the qualifiers and all that jazz.

Let's not forget the argument that "Oklahoma State is just not good enough to compete against LSU or any other SEC team." Because West Virginia didn't put up 21 points on them, and Geno Smith didn't pass for 460 yards on them in the process. At all, that never happened.

This isn't going to sit well with the Big 12. If there isn't a push for a playoff or at least a plus one after this, it's never going to happen.

Who cares about the Big 12's opinion? The Big 12 doesn't even know if they'll exist in three years. This is coming from a Big 12 fan who thinks OK State got screwed.

I'm a college graduate and I feel like I'm nowhere near intelligent enough to understand all of the caveats to how the BCS works with the qualifiers and all that jazz.

Actually, I think not understanding how it works is a sign of intelligence.

Where in the fucking hell is Kansas State? By default, we know they're out. Plus Boise is out.

Yes Herby, it's all about which fan base travels well. Thanks for acknowledging what everyone already knows, and I'm a huge Herby fan.

Like seriously, Michigan and VT are ranked lower than Kansas State, and State had losses to clearly better teams, yet they get the nod? The BCS is the biggest joke I've seen since I listened to the Blue Collar Comedy Tour for the first time.

Why is Virgina Tech in front of Boise State!? I honestly might not watch any BCS bowl this season due to the complete stupidity with the system.

Edit: Sly, he said that Kellen Moore is one of the most proliferate QB's in the NCAA, and how they beat Georgia week 1 and they don't get in on a BCS bowl bid. Which he is right, they do deserve it over Virginia Tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back