NCAA Football 2008 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
Pittsburgh running back LeSean McCoy is planning to return to school next season rather than enter the NFL draft.

Big East blog

ESPN.com's Brian Bennett writes about all things Big East in his conference blog.

• Blog network

McCoy, a sophomore who is draft-eligible because he attended a prep school, told the newspaper he's not ready for the rigors of pro football and enjoys the college life. Pittsburgh plays its final regular-season home game Friday against West Virginia.

"Everyone keeps trying to push that idea, that this is my last game at Heinz Field. I'm not going anywhere," McCoy told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Tuesday before word of his decision spread. "There is a lot of stuff I have to prove and the thing is, I don't think I've done enough here at this university and there is a lot of stuff I have to achieve here.

"It is something I want to squash and get it over with and not have to talk about it because I am kind of getting a little fed up with it. When you look at the [NFL], them guys, that's what they do, that is their job. When you play college football, you just come out to have fun and play ball but to those guys, it is their job.

"I feel I am not ready yet. Right now, I'm in school, I'm enjoying myself, I'm not pushing to go anywhere."

McCoy has rushed for 1,125 yards and leads the nation in scoring with 18 touchdowns in 10 games this season. He ran for 1,328 yards and 14 touchdowns as a freshman and has been compared to former Pitt great Tony Dorsett.

With McCoy back, the Panthers probably become the preseason Big East favorites for 2009.
This is tremendous news for my Panthers. They get the second best runner in College football back. The get their best scorer back and they get their best player back. This actually means a lot, the last 3 years Pitt's had a great recruiting class. Next Year should finally be the year they win the Big East. That isn't downgrading Cinci but they do have a lot of seniors and players that will probably opt out and go pro. WVU should be good but not great. Stewart is a good recruiter but he isn't Rodriguez or Wannstedt when it comes to recruiting.

The Panthers are a team on a mission. They are still young, they have 11 seniors but none of them are impact players outside of Mckillop. Their secondary has been the downfall this year but that should improve with experience, so if Pitt doesn't win the Big East their 2009 season will be a failure.

The Panthers have the second best returning McCoy in the season, as Colt has announced he will be returning to Texas.

Who is everyone's Heisman vote. I am a homer and picking McCoy.

For one, Bradford ad plenty of time to pad his stats. Bob Stoops had to blow everyone out to pass Texas. Mack Brown, the classy man that he is, sat Colt in the fourth quarter of blowouts against Baylor, Rice, Colorado. His numbers would have been better if he coujld have kept throwing in 52-10 games.

Tebow just wasn't as dynamic this year as he was last year. He was outstanding, but the other two guys rewrote the record book.

Everyone of these guys is a great choice. I think Graham Harrell should have been invited, at the very least. His number were amazing, and he beat the number one team in the nation with a two minute drill on national television. He had a signature win, which is what other system quarterbacks, like Colt Brennan, never had.

ha i sort of love life ATM

Post Gazette said:
Pitt football's McCoy, Cavanaugh to return
Monday, January 05, 2009
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said today during his season-ending news conference that he expects standout tailback LeSean McCoy to return for his junior season next year. Wannstedt said McCoy and his family had contemplated him leaving school early and declaring for the NFL draft but that all parties decided the best thing would be for McCoy to return to school for at least one more season.
I honestly love this. It is now official, the best RB in the nation is coming back. When i posted that thing last month he started to second guess his decision. But I am glad he stuck with it, the Panthers are going to be a good team next yr, and are now better with Shady. We are still young. We had 17 srs this year and most of them were irrelevant when it came to the success of this football team.
Wannstedt also said there will be no changes on the coaching staff and fully endorsed the job which was done by embattled offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh, particularly with regards to his work with the Panthers quarterbacks.
Fuck you dave, Cavvy is a piece of shit. His play calling is terrible, and his inability to dig deep in the playbook is atrocious. He doesn't open the field, and he has No problem running the ball on passing situations.

Other tidbits from today's news conference include:

• Redshirt junior Bill Stull will be the starting quarterback heading into the spring but the competition will be wide open and will be a three-way race between Stull, sophomore Pat Bostick and freshman Tino Sunseri.
fuck, if Bostic can't beat out Stull he should be stoned. Stull is garbage, he had weeks to prepare for Oregon State, and he played like shit. Fuck him and our offensive coordinator.
• The two other scholarship quarterbacks, junior Greg Cross and redshirt sophomore Kevan Smith, have asked to move to different positions and while nothing is official, Wannstedt said the staff is considering the possibilities of Cross at safety and Smith at H-back/tight end
Who really gives a fuck? Smith was garbage, and Cross was nothing more than a recruit to bring depth at the QB position.

Anyways, I am looking forward to 09, our line is still young, our offense is young, our defense is young, and if we can get passed Cavanaughs shitty play calling we should win the big east.

Anyways, how bout the OU corner calling out Tebow.. on the first play of the game I hope tebow goes to that side, and it goes for a big score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back