BCS Selection Sunday LD

I DARE someone to give me a valid explanation why Kansas State didn't make a BCS bowl. Go ahead, try.

Yep Houston is playing Penn State and Boise State is playing Arizona State. Houston vs. Boise State would have been fun though.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3561478 said:
I DARE someone to give me a valid explanation why Kansas State didn't make a BCS bowl. Go ahead, try.

Money. Nobody cares about KSU. Stop pretending that the BCS is fair. It has never been. Once you can wrap your brain around that fundamental truth, you will understand everything that is wrong with college football. The facts are that bowl selction commitees don't give a shit about records. They will select the eligible team that will bring in the most viewers, travels the best, and in general makes them money. Kansas State fails that criteria. It's why a team like Michigan, deserving or not, will ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt. It's a "name" school, that generates a ton of money from a national fanbase, travels well and consistently draws a large TV audience, making them attractive to selection commitees. KSU isn't a "name".

The BCS is about money. KSU doesn't bring in as much...end of story.

I'm sorry but Houston's best win was over a 6-7 Pac 12 team and the only time they played a ranked opponent they were blown out. They don't deserve any sympathy.

So Notre Dame plays Florida State in the Champs Sports Bowl. This is a really good matchup of 2 former powerhouses trying to get back to prominence. Florida State holds the head to head advantage overall (4-2), and beat them in the 1996 Orange Bowl. However, Notre Dame is seemingly closer to getting back to somewhere close to where they were in their heyday.

So Notre Dame plays Florida State in the Champs Sports Bowl. This is a really good matchup of 2 former powerhouses trying to get back to prominence. Florida State holds the head to head advantage overall (4-2), and beat them in the 1996 Orange Bowl. However, Notre Dame is seemingly closer to getting back to somewhere close to where they were in their heyday.
I really like this matchup for Notre Dame. As long as they don't beat themselves (which might be asking too much from them) I think they'll win this game comfortably. I've seen almost every Notre Dame game and a couple FSU games, and I don't think FSU is very good at all.

I really like this matchup for Notre Dame. As long as they don't beat themselves (which might be asking too much from them) I think they'll win this game comfortably. I've seen almost every Notre Dame game and a couple FSU games, and I don't think FSU is very good at all.
I also like the matchup for ND. If Hendrix can limit the turnovers (I would bet he's going to start) they will win by double digits.

ND is pretty damn close to getting back to the BCS conversation. Brian Kelly has built this team properly, and it shows. Stupid Charlie Weis never recruited top linemen. Kelly has. Now they have pretty good linemen and talented skill-players.

I also like what ND is doing the with this years and last years Bowl Games. They are playing the top teams they feuded with from the last powerhouse era. Last year they roughed up Miami, this year Florida State.

As long as Notre Dame keeps doing what they are doing, namely losing to Michigan, and then following that up by kicking the crap out of MSU the next week, I welcome their return to prominence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back