• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BCS Bowls have been good.

This is the thing which gets me the most. If the two schools would have been Alabama and an undefeated Boise St., Alabama would still have gotten in because of a "tougher schedule".

It's like some people have no consistency, except to homer for their SEC schools.

I 100% agree. It's ridiculous. Especially when you consider that LSU brags about their ranked opponents. Okay, yes they defeated some great opponents, but they like to include Mississippi St. in there because they were ranked 24th (?) at the time. THEY FINISHED FUCKING 7-6! Auburn was still somehow ranked in the top 25 despite being 7-5.

This is fucking ridiculous. Over half the SEC starts out the season with an extremely generous top 25 preseason ranking and they are barely penalized when they lose. So, naturally, SEC teams keep racking up the wins over "ranked" opponents and then claim their fucking schedule was that much harder than everyone else's.

Of course, when Georgia lost to Boise State, SEC fans claimed that Boise State could never beat a "real SEC" team, but after Georgia finished the season 10-3 with a solid first half against LSU in the SEC title game, they were right back to being a "real SEC" team.

At no point this season was Arkansas EVER the 3rd best team in the country. I don't give a flying shit what the BCS said. I would have taken Wisconsin, Oregon, USC, Oklahoma State, Boise State, and Baylor to beat a team that got woodsheded by Alabama & LSU then barely fucking beat Troy, TAMU, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt.

I am so beyond tired of hearing about the SEC and their bullshit.

Just remember, the reason we can't have a playoff is because the regular season is SOOO fucking important...as Alabama proved. Lose at home, not even a road or neutral site location, but in your own fucking stadium? Check. Not win your conference? Check. Not even make it to your conference's championship game? Check. Still get to play for a national title? Check. This isn't the NFL, where you have wildcard spots as part of a PLAYOFF, this is a non-playoff format that subjectively chooses what is in essence, a wildcard team over conference champions. It's rubbish.

Just remember, the reason we can't have a playoff is because the regular season is SOOO fucking important...as Alabama proved. Lose at home, not even a road or neutral site location, but in your own fucking stadium? Check. Not win your conference? Check. Not even make it to your conference's championship game? Check. Still get to play for a national title? Check. This isn't the NFL, where you have wildcard spots as part of a PLAYOFF, this is a non-playoff format that subjectively chooses what is in essence, a wildcard team over conference champions. It's rubbish.

I encourage everyone to read Death To The BCS if you haven't already. I have the first edition and the revised copy of the book and will continue to purchase every single publication of it until the system has been destroyed in favor of the same system that EVERY SINGLE MAJOR SPORT ON THE PLANET USES; a playoff.

Another thing, man. I am tired of this bullshit new concept of a "Neutral Site" by fans and conferences.

Allow me to break down the word really quickly.

neu·tral (ntrl, ny-)
adj.
1. Not aligned with, supporting, or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest.
2. Belonging to neither side in a controversy: on neutral ground.
3. Belonging to neither kind; not one thing or the other.
4. Sexless; neuter.

LSU played Oregon on a "neutral field" in Dallas, Texas to start the season. Let's start by removing the fact that Texas is in the South and Louisiana is also in the South.

Distance from Baton Rouge to Dallas: 440 miles. Flight Duration: 1hr 20 minutes. Drive time: 6 hours 37 minutes.

Distance from Eugene to Dallas 2,057 miles. Flight Duration 3hrs 24 minutes. Drive time: 1 day 11 hours

Not exactly fucking neutral when you factor in that they had to pay for hotel, food, tickets to the game, and Jerry World prices.

But LSU fans will have you believe that both them and Oregon traveled the same distance and played on a neutral site like University of Phoenix Stadium (check the distances, they're about equal).

No, Oregon played a game in the south that was tantamount to a home game for LSU. Anyone who lives in Texas knows that there are a MILLION LSU fans in the greater Dallas and Houston areas. Duck fans...not so much.

The SEC refuses to leave the comforts of the South. They want everyone to come to them. Even my mighty USC Trojans HAD to play in the South. They refused a home & home and only wanted a single game in their house. What did we do? We housed Auburn in Jordan O'Hare and bastardized Arkansas in Fayetteville. Quit being *****es and step out of the south.

I encourage everyone to read Death To The BCS if you haven't already. I have the first edition and the revised copy of the book and will continue to purchase every single publication of it until the system has been destroyed in favor of the same system that EVERY SINGLE MAJOR SPORT ON THE PLANET USES; a playoff.

No need to. I am already 100% in the "we need a playoff" camp. As far as I am concerned the only debate should be the format of the playoffs, not if we actually need one or not.

With that being said, even with my snarkiness towards the Crimson Tide in my previous post, I am actually rooting for them to win a very close game. I want both them and LSU to both have a loss to each other, each claiming they beat the other, so that it gives the AP voters, who are NOT beholden to vote for the winner, a chance to vote LSU the national champion anyway. I root for anything that creates chaos within the BCS, and a split national championship would do just that. Anything that embarrasses the BCS is fine with me.

The Big East has been decent at BCS games mainly West Virginia.

This could be biased coming from a West Virginia fan, but I think the only thing that keeps the Big East alive in the BCS is West Virginia. They have bad games every now and then (LSU, Syracuse, Louisville) but when it comes to the games they have to win, they step up and get it done. Point being made last night, putting up 70 points on the 15th team in the country that most of America said would beat them.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3625544 said:
This could be biased coming from a West Virginia fan, but I think the only thing that kept the Big East alive in the BCS is West Virginia. They have bad games every now and then (LSU, Syracuse, Louisville) but when it comes to the games they have to win, they step up and get it done. Point being made last night, putting up 70 points on the 15th team in the country that most of America said would beat them.

Fixed it for you. I know that the litigation process is still working its way through the court system, but I have to think that WVU will get out sooner rather than later. It's pretty clear that they want to move to the Big XII and the Big East really gains nothing by forcing WVU, Pitt, and Syracuse to remain for 27 months.

I understand that there's ratings, BCS bowl, etc, but it causes more problems and headaches than anything else. Not to mention, Oliver Luck is a pretty smart guy with a ton of business acumen. He will find a way out of the Big East before too long.

West Virginia is going nowhere next year. That big east contract is iron tight. They may want to go, but they'll pay beyond big time. Remember TV controls everything, and the Big East can lose huge money if they don't fill their inventory.

West Virginia is going nowhere next year. That big east contract is iron tight. They may want to go, but they'll pay beyond big time. Remember TV controls everything, and the Big East can lose huge money if they don't fill their inventory.

Which they've already done with SDSU, Boise State and others.

Big XII, as a network and a conference, has more than enough money to make this happen.

I'm not saying it will, but if you look at the trend of schools leaving, none of them have had to wait. It's not that the contract isn't tight and they can't, it's that it's just pointless and fosters ill will.

If the Big East chooses to make life difficult, the Big XII and ACC will repay them when it comes to scheduling of games. That's why shit like this never goes the distance.

You are right, the courts will prove you right, but I still think this is resolved and the Big East parts ways with those that want out and moves forward with those that plan to join.

It's the trickle down effect. The new big east won't be able to compete until 2013, because the mountain west and conference USA won't let them go.

Honestly I don't care if a big east school ever plays an ACC school again.

I could honestly care less if the Big East drops football after WVU packs up and leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back